Helpless Heroine

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Helpless Heroine

Postby KavenBach » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:04 am

b12481632 wrote:Finished playing through the game. Missed the Ancient Collar. Just where was it?

The hilt is in the volcano, the shreds in the Myniros Catacombs, The collar in the basement of SandCastle, the anklets in crystal caverns under Caplann Castle, and the wristbands in the Sky Palace.

Undead Slavers seem to have way too much def. Bridget's Focus Strike seemed to perform better than any other attack, with anyone else's holy strikes doing very little. Aura stones were the only sensible option.

I meant them to be very tough to damage physically, but elemental attacks and weapons didn't seem to do as much extra damage as they were supposed to. Something that I should be able to correct in SlaveGirls Rising, as one has much better control over things with RPGMaker VX Ace.

Poking around in the editor shows Onyx is supposed to have some kind of fumble/surrender skill, but it doesn't show up in-game.

It represented too much extra coding / added text entries for me at the time. I saw burnout coming and decided to remove the skills instead of adding it throughout the entire game. Only the first few areas had the use of those skills coded into the battles.

Bugs:
Great Snake deals no digestion damage. Looks like the script is checking the wrong status effect.
Carniflower in the nymph forest gives constant "spit up bones" messages every turn. Looks like Bridget's message is checking Bartette's status.

The result of copy-pasting things. I don't know that I will bother ever releasing another bugfixed version now.

Worm-slaying weapon animation slows down the game.

A deliberately slowed down animation for the "SuperPierce" weapons. Probably overdid it.

Some of the Caplann patrol doesn't seem to disappear when defeated. I stepped in the path of one "taking up the rear" and had to reset due to endless battles.
Snake Charmer can get re-swallowed while she's already digesting.
Somehow, 4 snakes ended up swallowing 3 party members. Also, the Snake Charmer continued to digest the party in place of her snakes.

I think I had a burnout/brain fail thing going during that section. I decided to leave things in the area as they were and move on, but never came back to fix them.

Some kind of issue with one of the girls you rescue from the undead inn. Checked the door as a ghoul, said it was locked. Came back as human, nobody's there. She's at the fisher hut with no reward (or dialog, IIRC.)

It depends how far you got before trying to get in. If you've pieced together enough information to know you can get a net at the fisher hut, the girl on the second floor will have escaped on her own.

Jarvess steals your equipment near the end of the game. Belmont Whip would've come in handy, but she took it with her. Wasn't paying attention if Zeena or Brenda do also.

Guess I missed that. I was pretty good about stripping the girls when they left the party but may have missed some spots.

Thanks for playing, for the interest, and for the feedback. Again, however, this game is considered "done" and I am not really working on it anymore. I may yet release another bugfixed version at some point, though; we'll see. If that's the case I will likely look into all of these. Thanks!

-KavenBach
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby wood249 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Are you also a predator?
wood249
New to the forum

Postby KavenBach » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:20 am

No. As with virtually all my works, you are essentially 100% victim in this, just trying to fight back and survive. The only situation where one of the characters is "pred" in this is where one girl gets turned into a lamia late in the game and devours two others with her crotch and into her tail, and even that is only temporary.

If you're looking for only-vore or only-pred, I'm afraid this game isn't for you. Sorry. :?
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby wood249 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 am

Oh no I was just wondering like I'm not looking for vore only or pred just looking for games where I can get big OwO, but this game still looks interesting gonna give it as shot, thanks for the reply
wood249
New to the forum

Postby Redpod » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:03 am

the main character is a pred, prey, or both?
The eeveelutions are predators
Redpod
Somewhat familiar

Postby KavenBach » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:31 am

Redpod wrote:the main character is a pred, prey, or both?

Please see my post two posts up.
"Mmh! Mmh!"

KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby gothaman » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:41 pm

RGSS202E.dll is missing, any help?
remember you are mortal... remember that you will die
gothaman
Somewhat familiar

Postby KavenBach » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:23 am

gothaman wrote:RGSS202E.dll is missing, any help?

Sounds like you don't have the required RTP, on your computer; each version of RPGMaker requires a different one, in this case, the one for RPGMaker VX ((NOT VX ACE)).

See the fourth link in my original post of this thread for the various RTPs.
"Mmh! Mmh!"

KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby Rashdolphin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:00 am

welp..... just beat the final boss and then-
Spoiler: show
hannah got stuck when she was entering the room to see onix after the fight and then tuttee got stuck on her and it softlocked, which means i now have to do the fight all over again. at least this time i can try and get a game over ^^;
Rashdolphin
Been posting for a bit

Postby brokendollmaker » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:14 pm

This game is not the best, but the story is certainly very interesting, and as a girl I am a sucker for male domination. (The world in my game, Blurry Border, has a very similar lore to Malaterra too)
from the dark.

[Check out my developing M/F vore RPG, - Blurry Border. Now recruiting members for development, DM for the game's Discord group!]
brokendollmaker
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 pm

I just can't beat the third stage of Expert snake tamer training. A lot of the boss fights were already super unfair, but being horny in that snake tamer training thing takes it to a whole new level. Please tell me there's some sort of secret to getting through that.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby KavenBach » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:02 am

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:I just can't beat the third stage of Expert snake tamer training. A lot of the boss fights were already super unfair, but being horny in that snake tamer training thing takes it to a whole new level. Please tell me there's some sort of secret to getting through that.

That's why there are five HealStones lying there in the second training area. Start off with a HealStone to counter the arousal and you should be fine. Most of the time.

...I made those tediously long. I no longer have access to the files to correct that, though, unfortunately. :(
"Mmh! Mmh!"

KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:38 am

Ah. So you can counter the arousal with a healstone. ^_^ Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of theat.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:50 am

KavenBach wrote:...I made those tediously long. I no longer have access to the files to correct that, though, unfortunately. :(

Curious statement. Not saying it's optimal or anything but a long time ago I personally did kind of rip this game open to more or less open it in the maker and add in cheats cause the grind was starting to get aggravatingly obnoxious at places. Which also included adding some minor modifications to the snake training area just for fun... I added a cheat mode, and a reverse cheat mode, which does more or less what it sounds like.

If you prefer I can speak about the methods to you in private. If you're fine with it I can just share it in the open. A lot of RPGMaker devs however tend to get rather upset when they learn their games can be ripped open and accessed with the maker program.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby KavenBach » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:34 am

DarkPinkie wrote:
KavenBach wrote:...I made those tediously long. I no longer have access to the files to correct that, though, unfortunately. :(

Curious statement. Not saying it's optimal or anything but a long time ago I personally did kind of rip this game open to more or less open it in the maker and add in cheats cause the grind was starting to get aggravatingly obnoxious at places. Which also included adding some minor modifications to the snake training area just for fun... I added a cheat mode, and a reverse cheat mode, which does more or less what it sounds like.

If you prefer I can speak about the methods to you in private. If you're fine with it I can just share it in the open. A lot of RPGMaker devs however tend to get rather upset when they learn their games can be ripped open and accessed with the maker program.

You may certainly share it. My biggest issue would be with someone re-writing the storyline itself; turning all the people into furries, or switching all the male and female roles around, or adding a completely new playable character that affects the way the tale plays out. Otherwise aesthetic improvements or fixes to the code to make it do the same thing but a whole shipload more efficiently wouldn't bother me. I don't think so, anyway. But I'm sure if you looked at all the code you saw how highly inefficient my coding skills are... >.>
"Mmh! Mmh!"

KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:08 am

KavenBach wrote:You may certainly share it. My biggest issue would be with someone re-writing the storyline itself; turning all the people into furries, or switching all the male and female roles around, or adding a completely new playable character that affects the way the tale plays out. Otherwise aesthetic improvements or fixes to the code to make it do the same thing but a whole shipload more efficiently wouldn't bother me. I don't think so, anyway. But I'm sure if you looked at all the code you saw how highly inefficient my coding skills are... >.>

Alright since I got your blessing...

There is a bunch of different decryption tool you can use on RPGMaker games to more or less pull them apart, which can then be put together to re-enable access to it through the maker. The tool I use even allows you to generate a fresh project file to save you some time. This allows you to more or less modify the game to your heart's content.

As for people modifying the game to change it, my recommendation is to not really care what they do. You made this game for enjoyment (I hope), and if someone want to mess with it and it's story for enjoyment then I personally think they should be allowed to. After all, modding that changes fundamentals or the story, is basically the same as fanfics. What is not okay is more or less stealing the game and claiming it as their own. Which I do hope most people here won't even consider. But then again, I have been disappointed in humanity before.

Also I do want to point out when you mentioned your own bad coding. While mucking about in the files for some of my favourite fights I did notice the snake charmer with the four snakes in the lobby of the building where you learn snake charming had a line written for when your whole party plus the charmer herself was swallowed, but the coding was messed up so the line couldn't trigger. I fixed that in my version of the game, cause I just loved that line. "Girls? I see no girls here, Just snake food..." I may also have boosted the swallow chance a tad (And with a tad I mean more or less put it at 100%), just to make the line more likely to trigger...
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby tersius » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Cool! I'd love to be able to change some aesthetic stuff around. I like the game the way it is, and wouldn't change it for the most part, just some of the art.
tersius
New to the forum

Postby tersius » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:06 am

Hey all! Since Kavenbach gave his blessing for some slight tweaking, I was hoping to share some of the art changes I made t o the minotaur scene in slavegirls rising. Yeah, I know this is the thread for the wrong game, but the art was fairly similar between the two games. These shots are full size, but a little cropping and image size adjustment and its just a file swap away from being part of the battle. Might want to take out the shadow though, it looks weird when cropped. Don't look too close as the prog I used can be a bit frustrating to get everything to work.
Attachments
blondeminopic1nopizzlebigdforce.png
blondeminopic2 final I guess.png
blondeminopic3 first.png
blondeminopic4okay2.png.png
tersius
New to the forum

Postby Radman1123 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:18 am

So, I am curious, does anyone know of a way to make the game easier? I'm having a bit of trouble in the game. anyone know of any cheats or save files of the different areas? or how to edit stats? I'm not really that good at these sorts of games, and this one is kinda hard.
Radman1123
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game