What things would you like to see explored in vore games?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Postby Bright » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:49 pm

I am thinking of mechanics and character dynamics.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Re: What things would you like to see explored in vore games

Postby Skittles209 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:35 pm

Depends if vore is the centric theme or only the result of something like say failure.

Character development is a plus, if it is not a first person driven sort of game. And even if it was, some sort of affect the player has as a result of choices impacting the surrounding NPCs in some way. Like one vore text adventure has missing posters that pop up some time after the devouring of NPCs, small but cool detail. (http://www.furaffinity.net/view/25051439/)

Another small detail might be revolving around if, with enough evidence or something, NPCs start to treat the play differently. Similar to notoriety within some games where NPC will point out that the player is the killer or something.

It's easier to come up with idea on what could or should happen when not paying attention to the amount of code that would be required to work certain aspects, if one were to make a game from scratch rather than using an already prebuilt game engine. And even from that; modifying the already existing code, learning said code, tweaking and bug fixing, all while working a fulltime job to pay off loans or other needs. I can see why some are recently going towards patreon to support these habits.

Nothing triple A title game style, minding anyone, just something that makes the world more... exciting to play in? Something small, like a trophy collecting system. Little bits that make the game great to replay long after all the vore scenes have been played out. Or can be taken in at a slow pace.
Skittles209
Participator

Postby Archangel64 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:54 pm

rpg game ( with storyline or without storyline ) ( with pics )

willing
unwilling
f/f
f/m
oral vore
unbirth vore
anal vore
shrink
micro
giant

normal girl
harpy girl
centaur girl
slim girl
with girl
naga/lamia girl
neko girl
werewolf girl
vampire girl
demon girl
succubus
alien girl
butterfly girl
bee girl
bunny girl
dog girl
ghost girl
dragon girl
mermaid
maid
spider girl
orc girl
robot girl

enough? xD
u ask about it ;)
Archangel64
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Navien » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Breast/Clevage vore honestly, It's someone you don't see much in games, or more so anywhere really.
I just like the idea of cuddling in a womans milk bag as much as doing anything else with them :gulp:
HEY!
Navien
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mermidion » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 pm

M/M vore. to often it gets overlooked.

also some mild cooking Scenes.
Mermidion
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:06 pm

Archangel, Navien, I am thinking of Mechanics, story and character dynamics.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby ShadowedFigure » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:20 pm

I like to see nutritional mechanics. As a predator, your diet should affect your abilities, or maybe a too-extreme diet enfeebles you somehow.

Trophies from prey as soft gating mechanisms (e.g. the trophy is sufficient but not necessary to pass something, maybe there's a non-vore way, too). This helps to allow the player chose their particular prey.

I like characters to develop more distance from society as they become more powerful/predatory. For protagonists, it can be good to have less-powerful/predatory friends that keep them anchored.
ShadowedFigure
Been posting for a bit

Postby RedBoggle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:56 pm

While I'm not a big fan of in-story reformation if not much is done with it, I thing it'd be cool for a game that has a respawn mechanic to explore this. In addition to the story itself reflecting the in-universe existence of respawning, the mechanics can be programmed to take this into account as well. The predators could have varying dialogue and actions depending on which requirements have been met to open up paths (i.e. flags, switches and counters in Quest text adventures), which can lead to some fun interactions if they've already eaten you before.
RedBoggle
Somewhat familiar

Postby IEatYouWhole » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:09 pm

I agree with a lot of the stuff others are saying and I would like to see more games where you can be the predator, I have played a bunch where you are the pred, but most died off part way or where never fully completed, while its nearly the reverse with games where you are only prey :P
I will swallow you whole :3
IEatYouWhole
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kirah » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Vore scenes that aren't just gameovers.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tyslan03 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:52 pm

ShadowedFigure wrote:I like to see nutritional mechanics. As a predator, your diet should affect your abilities, or maybe a too-extreme diet enfeebles you somehow.

I like the sound of this^ Gaining abilities from eating prey but, depending on the size of the prey, you gain some weight. If you eat too much, you become too obese/slow to function effectively in combat. Level ups or diet pills could reduce weight and allow for more prey.
Tyslan03
Participator

Postby killermeow » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 pm

Something more like Bowser's Inside Story- massive pred that you can explore the entire body of, helping them out along whatever journey you're on, helping with sicknesses they may have, and/or just trying to escape. Kinda sad there hasn't been a game that's revolved around this yet, BIS and Extract 237 are the closest to it I've seen, former is great and the latter died off pretty quickly sadly.
Now, back to our scheduled lurking.
If I sound rude, I'm being blunt, likely because somebody did something stupid. I'm not the best at controlling it sometimes
killermeow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:54 am

I'd like to see it where the POINT is getting eaten.

You'd need to get eaten to pass specific obstacles, or to level up.

You start out as a human which are weak, so then you get eaten by an Orc or something, Eventually a Dragon or a Demon to hit the pinnacle of power.

Maybe you are a soul that can posses its devourers, or maybe you are just kind of passing the torch of being the hero of the world, that way there could be some sacrifice to your character to do it.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bebopy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:41 am

One thing I never really get to see in games is internals for NON-oral vore, some games do, but for the most part it's text based, but sometimes you want to explore a vagina or rectum.
bebopy
Participator

Postby abeabe1350 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:24 am

If somebody did a "copy" of the battle system from Shin megami tensei digital devil sage, then I think you could have an interesting concept. (e.g. certain attacks can give all the skill points to one character, heavily hinted that your character straight up devours the enemy, but can have the negative effect of a stomach ache)
Writer for Predator coliseum. Now with a tip jar https://digitaltipjar.com/lurkerstudios?_external=true
abeabe1350
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 am

Well, despite being a person who enjoys working on games, I for sure have some things to say when it comes to vore games about how I would love to see them evolve mechanically.

1. Genre's beyond RPG's please
While this heavily comes down to a lack of access to developing games that aren't RPG's or VN's (Trust me, I know the feeling when making games as well), with the occasional platformer or infinite runner being made, but the issue is that RPG's rarely lend themselves to the gameplay being presented. One of the vore games I enjoy is "Mysta's Myst Adventure", but my issue with that game is beyond maybe a couple of fights, the game didn't really need to be an RPG, yet it was an RPG. Vore RPG's are a game genre that unless someone has anything interesting to bring to the table, really can't interest me personally anymore, and while I understand people will still enjoy these games, I wouldn't mind to see some diversity. More VN styled games where using relationships to help either yourself not get eaten or to help others eat others, maybe even puzzle games which use mechanics such as infinitely respawning characters, having to use that fact to feed certain character to progress, or a time based game where you play as an immortal character, using vore to travel to certain places through someone else as time passes, waiting for the right moment to leave the stomach. There are much more interesting ideas than just "Hit person"

2. Permanency in death
If RPG's are going to remain the norm, the one issue I have with them is the fact that enemies infinitely respawn. Take Redman's "A Taste of Adventure", I personally really enjoy that game, but the fact that if I consume someone, then I walk back on the same path, only to see the exact same scenario take place again as if the character was never eaten, removing agency from the scene, but also creating a cheap way of directing towards difficulty, while this is not the case in Taste of Adventure, it opens the floodgates for designers not to take game difficulty into account, because through infinite respawns, they can allow a player to grind, which means they can create a difficulty curve that almost feels fully artificial to extend the length of a game. I somewhat understand this comes from a place of wanting to make sure players can experience every possible outcome, but save scumming exists for a reason, guys!

3. Tieing vore to the actual game mechanics
I've seen on the thread already that someone wants a game with full-on hunger mechanics, and while I personally don't feel like a full system designed on needing to constantly consume prey is the right direction, I do agree making mechanics link directly to vore is something I'd like to see done. Have a character that acts as a seductress, and as she eats people she becomes more and more endowed, making her stronger and such. It's the one thing that makes RPG's so jarring to be honest, seeing this standard character progression for someone who LITERALLY EATS PEOPLE. Seems a bit odd, no?

I've probably rambled on for long enough now, but these are things I'd like to see done, and try to do myself I guess XD
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Liz » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:11 am

I've always enjoyed the idea of a main character male or female moving around inside a game trying to find their way back home as a basic idea but the reasons they are on the journey is not important to me. The fact they are a Sheep amongst wolves in which everyone around them in town could eat them alive and whole if they found out said main character was prey. Apart from Admitting it (Ie willing prey) the character could be found out by the combat strength or lack of it and various other means making combat dangerous. Also if they are found out but manage to get away then they would have a very hard time returning to a town due to the fact the people will know they are prey. Even going so far as eating the main character gives the lucky predator either long lasting youth or another reward even if the said reward is just a rumor made up by the people of the area they would still devour the main character to find out. Also I en joy long digestion scenes where predators can show off their bellies and carry their prey around for long periods of time allowing other in town to mock or laugh at that would be hero who is now just another meal for a lucky predator.

Also I love heroes being slowly digested away by weaker character who found a way to catch the main character off guard. So a strong hero squirming around inside one of the castle maids, bunny waitresses, or even a royal would be fun XD I have a one track mind at times on said subject.

Also same idea but a predator trapped amongst prey and trying to find ways to isolate their meals while people in town would be suspicious of people vanishing and also if you walked around in public with a full belly you would be killed or attacked on site.

I prefer female predators but see how it goes. My ideas on it.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Postby chibi-wolfy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am

This is probably going to sound pretty vague at first, but I find that whenever you're eaten in a vore game, it kinda just... stops. And I don't mean that just in the sense that it's typically treated as a game over - more that nothing much tends to happen after the fact. It would actually be pretty nice to see a predator resume their routine once you're captured, or adopt a new one, or even so much as move at all, but the most that ever seems to happen is some dialogue, a fade to black and possibly some digestion somewhere in the middle of all that.

Imagine having, oh say, a town population akin to Majora's Mask, each of which with their own routines and tasks, and you're a captive audience to one of them for as long as it takes for you to escape or digest. That'd be quite a sight.
chibi-wolfy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Revx_Z » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:27 am

Remove most game overs.
Nyan Adventures, for example, does this by automatic rewinding. It could also be done with a regenerating protagonist, or jumping to control of another character, or various other means.
But the point is, a lot of the game overs I see in games here are legacy design that winds up punishing the player for seeing the vore content that they're here to see. "When you die you lose the game" is usually a bad habit that's just left in because 'normal' games have it.
Eka's Portal doesn't redirect you to the main page after you look at a gallery item, and games shouldn't send you to the main menu for experiencing a vore scene.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby vintious » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:40 pm

This isn't 'exploring in vore games' as much as it is 'games exploring in vore' but I would've liked to see vore mods to text games, or just some trashy twine games due to them already being completed engines, and not needing art. Some devs spend years on something only to abandon it due to circumstances. Specifically a vore mod to Lilith's Throne, but it's provably too early and bringing attention to it would just dim those chances.

As for vore itself, I have way to broad interests these days that I've started to call it an entrapment fetishism. Petrification mostly caused this corruption...
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game