Working on a new game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Working on a new game

Postby SoSayWeAll » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:02 am

Hi all,

Long time no see XD
As per the title, I'm currently working out a plan for a new game, centered around 4 playable characters with a somewhat interlocking story:
A Scholar - Hailing from a small island who discovers an unusual ability of instant reformation upon digestion when a predator comes calling, and begins a journey guided by strange dreams. Going to feature willing prey, F/m, puzzle orientated game-play and story driven arc (most central to the overall narrative).
A Mercenary - Currently hired as a caravan guard, journeying to the centre of the mainland. Having been stiffed on pay more often than not, it will be up to you how many caravaneers will survive, and whether you journey to rid the mainland of it's problems for profit, reputation or redemption. Going to feature F/f, F/m, willing and unwilling prey (whether you fight an enemy predator, or leave your fellow npc's as bait/distraction), fixed combat (no random encounters or heavy grinding), choice dependent game-play (choices affect your reputation, which affects how npcs see you).
A Traveling Warrior - Arriving by ship, it is your self-appointed duty to rid the land of its various predators. Only problem is; you're a horrendous fighter. After losing to a voracious but weak predator, you find you have regenerated using the predators body. Using the new found strength, you journey to purge the land of whatever evil you want. Featuring F/m, unwilling to willing prey, combat orientated storyline.
A Local Predator - After being chased out of your last territory, you seek new hunting grounds. After the disaster of your last hunt, deception is now your plan. However, bigger things than your appetite are afoot, and soon you are drawn into a turf war for the mainland between various tasty factions. Features F/f, F/m, PC as predator, npc manipulation and stealth(ish) game-play.

So far have a world map, characters and two of the starting areas for each story arc. Would appreciate any thoughts or constructive criticism, but I'm not expecting to have a demo out that soon as I'm back in Uni doing another MSc so my week is pretty much full, and the game is still mostly in planning stages as the last game I attempted ended up becoming a mess due to poor planning. Let me know what you think! :)
Sláinte!
You knew him?
Know him? He was delicious!
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Re: Working on a new game

Postby forumlurker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:49 am

Sounds really promising, but I have no clue how to comment on it as we'd really have to see more to provide useful feedback.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Working on a new game

Postby Tomo » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:20 pm

What kind of criticism are you looking for?
So far as you've mentioned, you are still in the early stages of conceptualization.
It makes me very happy to hear that as games made with proper planning has significantly higher chance of being made into something worthwhile.
However, so far with what you've provided there's not really anything to criticize, you've decided on making a 4-way split game all with different mechanics and goals .
Anything I or others might add or criticize about would just be helping you conceptualize and design your game, which can be very detrimental to the health and progress of your game.

First thing you need to consider, is the size of your game. A 4-way split of the story can be pretty convoluted to design, which if written poorly will cause 'plot' holes no one likes.
So a short but cohesive story will be the best way to go, as each character have different options on how they can be played, it would lead to a lot of work incorporating it into a story that would have any impact on the gameplay. Anyways, I think you should spend time planning your game as much as you can, otherwise you'll end up with more fatigue then enjoyment of creative creation. The more you have planned, the easier the work process will be.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game