Ultimate Arena mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Ultimate Arena mod

Postby Jeschke » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm

So there's this game called Ultimate Arena on steam. It's actually on sale, too, so it's more worth the amount of depth in the game. That is to say, there isn't much. But it's a sort of mass-scale Hunger Games-esque simulation game, where you put a whole ton of people into an arena and then they'll either kill each other, wander into the border and have random chance kill them, or wander into a landmine. Or starve. But the game also has a decent amount of customization, so of course I went and made a whole ton of custom characters and changed all the game text to be vorish things. For fun, and science. And pairing up friends/media crushes/whoever else.

I had some people asking about it on tumblr when I mentioned it one time, so, figured I should upload it here. To use it, unpack the .zip into the "texts" folder, in the local appdata for the game (if you don't know how to get to appdata, load up a file browser, type %APPDATA% into the top, and then navigate up one level and into the Local folder, you'll see Ultimate Arena listed in there). You'll see another folder for The Holiday Yuletide yadda yadda, that should show you how it's done. I'd also recommend disabling all the other text for the game, so it doesn't ruin the immersion of all the people eating each other with short bits of text of them killing each other instead. Killing with fists is boring, killing with stomachs is awesome. You'll have to manually disable every bit of default text, though, you can't just switch the folder off for it.

I don't know if it's worth grabbing a bunch of the characters I stuck in, too? Actually yeah, I might as well share out all those. Just so anyone else who grabs things has at least something to start from that isn't the long list of default characters that I deleted entirely from the game. :B

Anyway, just putting that out there for anyone interested. :B I pretty much only got the game to mod it and add a bunch of vore to it cause that sort of customizability really just gets to me. Hope it's fun for whoever else uses it!
Attachments
Vore stuff.zip
(11.61 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Extra characters.zip
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 346 times
Jeschke
Participator

Re: Ultimate Arena mod

Postby Jadex » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:11 am

neato I actually had that game for awhile now but I totally forgot about it
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aickavon12 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:41 pm

ONce I get paid I'll look into this cheap game and yummy mod. After all, you always do amazing stuff Jeschke :D
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby player1 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Damn, neat little mod for a neat little game. I think we should make this thread as a cornucopia of ressources for custom characters and events. Heck, would be fun to have tourneys of people's OCs :V
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby poopyjoe17 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:44 pm

.k.
Last edited by poopyjoe17 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
poopyjoe17
New to the forum

Postby ItsSongxing » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Y'gotta put it in the "texts" folder, not "events." If you've got the two free DLC for it on the Workshop, it should be grouped in with those.

That being said, this mod works best with characters that you're attracted to. If you don't like the thought of Henry VIII eating Gandhi or whatever, I'd not use them with this mod active, and vice versa.
ItsSongxing
Participator

Postby Jeschke » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:32 am

Aickavon12 wrote:ONce I get paid I'll look into this cheap game and yummy mod. After all, you always do amazing stuff Jeschke :D

Ah thanks, but at the same time, just keep in mind this is me writing a bunch of little snippets for the game. Most of the custom characters don't have any custom text of their own either. Anyone else could easily come in and write a bunch of fun things too, it's easy enough. :B

player1 wrote:Damn, neat little mod for a neat little game. I think we should make this thread as a cornucopia of ressources for custom characters and events. Heck, would be fun to have tourneys of people's OCs :V

I mean up to you, I wasn't about to go putting people's OCs in without their permission, hence why I just dumped a bunch of media things and not all the other characters of people I know. But if anybody else wants to add anything, it's easy enough to do in-game, yeah.

ItsSomething wrote:Y'gotta put it in the "texts" folder, not "events." If you've got the two free DLC for it on the Workshop, it should be grouped in with those.

That being said, this mod works best with characters that you're attracted to. If you don't like the thought of Henry VIII eating Gandhi or whatever, I'd not use them with this mod active, and vice versa.

Yeah again, that's why I plain deleted all the default characters the game throws in. Historical revision via time-travelling historical figures devouring each other, enh, not as much my thing.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby Absentia » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 am

poopyjoe17 wrote:it just isnt working for me :( im doing what you say: https://goo.gl/TwNgK3, but this is all that happens: https://goo.gl/r9ySdV, https://goo.gl/y6Ma2v

I haven't even installed this mod yet or downloaded it, and I can tell immediately why it doesn't work, read the installation instructions
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:31 am

Jeschke wrote:
player1 wrote:Damn, neat little mod for a neat little game. I think we should make this thread as a cornucopia of ressources for custom characters and events. Heck, would be fun to have tourneys of people's OCs :V

I mean up to you, I wasn't about to go putting people's OCs in without their permission, hence why I just dumped a bunch of media things and not all the other characters of people I know. But if anybody else wants to add anything, it's easy enough to do in-game, yeah.

it goes without saying that peoples would bring in their OC and not put in other people's ones. The main idea is to get more extra characters posted here. Also, make some more events.

Meanwhile,I tried my hand into making a gardevoir.
Attachments
Gardevoir.rar
(27.89 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheBlueRaichu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:24 pm

Hmm, is there a 'guide' on how to make a character?

When I try... none of the lines I make are said in game :C
TheBlueRaichu
Been posting for a bit

Postby player1 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:32 pm

TheBlueRaichu wrote:Hmm, is there a 'guide' on how to make a character?

strangely, custom character updates aren't really shown, except for when they think and/or when they are chasing/fleeing someone.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheBlueRaichu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:31 pm

player1 wrote:

strangely, custom character updates aren't really shown, except for when they think and/or when they are chasing/fleeing someone.

Yea, I noticed :( ... I thought it was some type of censorship and tried changing the wording used or length but... no dice :/

Still, it is definitely a neat little thing.
TheBlueRaichu
Been posting for a bit

Postby Tetrahedra » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:44 am

It was worth the buck fifty, this is fun. Cheers OP.

Edit: Was messing around with making my own stuff and this happened lmao (feed goes from bottom to top).

This is a pretty entertaining game, honestly, I could see myself wasting a lot of time on it.

Tetrahedra
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jeschke » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:42 pm

player1 wrote:

Chasing/fleeing lines, there's no default ones in the game, so they always get shown. Anything you enter in for a character, that gets added to the pool of possible things for them to say, they won't automatically do it a lot. And given how many other updates there are for "killing" someone, then it might take a bit before your custom one gets in there!

At least I'm pretty sure that's the case, I don't know the hard data on it but I'm pretty sure I've seen some custom things come up before. The think/chase/flee stuff just comes up way more often because there's a lot fewer custom strings besides the ones you add.
Jeschke
Participator

Postby player1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Jeschke wrote:
player1 wrote:

Chasing/fleeing lines, there's no default ones in the game, so they always get shown. Anything you enter in for a character, that gets added to the pool of possible things for them to say, they won't automatically do it a lot. And given how many other updates there are for "killing" someone, then it might take a bit before your custom one gets in there!

At least I'm pretty sure that's the case, I don't know the hard data on it but I'm pretty sure I've seen some custom things come up before. The think/chase/flee stuff just comes up way more often because there's a lot fewer custom strings besides the ones you add.

Id have loved to say okay but i tried a match without any base updates, only the character's custom ones and nothing showed up yet again except the fleeing/chasing updates. i think it might be worth looking at the code for this.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game