Vore-tual Reality for the Community, Opinions needed.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore-tual Reality for the Community, Opinions needed.

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Hello! I welcome you to this Forum and would like to get the communities opinion on an Idea I had.

I would like to see what you thought if someone where to fund a project where they where to gather a lot of Community programmers and make a VR game.

This would Be VR, (Obviously) And would be multiplayer.

It would Include the ability to make your own character to use, New races might be made by the community as long as they fit the Criteria.

It would Include vore with a capacity system, up to 3 people in your stomach at one time (This would go For Tinies as to not add stress onto the servers by letting you have 40 tinies squished in your gut.) And a weight system, The more you eat the Pudgier you get up to a point decided by the player.

It would Include Voice chat too, Voice modifiers would be avalible but a tag would be put above the players head to let them know that there is a Modifier.

It would include ingame sounds also, such as stomach gurgles and heart beat, possibly when prey vibrating controllers to the heart beat and such, And Muffled sounds from the outside including other people talking, For predators you also get muffled gurgles and noises from the prey.

It would have a fighting system too if you disliked your current predator, when in their grasp you have a chance to wiggle out of them and they are stunned and unable to grab you for around 10 seconds, Once inside a predator pushing against the walls would go through the server and make bulges on the predators gut where your hand is, same as pulling on it too.

Prey fighting enough make a predator nauseous and have a chance to be urked out.

There is Lethal and Non-Lethal versions of eating, one for carrying and another for digestion.

There would be swordplay in it too, Plus minigames, it would be Open world.

Overall It'd kinda be RP, but include things like Bandit camps and such for you to test your powers.

Pred and prey perk system, Preds can get some perks that wouldn't affect the fighting or swallowing system, Prey can get perks for escaping or actually perks for digesting!

Pred perks would Include: Not getting slowed down, more capacity (Again, up to 3) and noisier bellies, making it so that NPC's have a chance to flee when your gut gurgles.

Prey Perks would include for getting digested: Digesting easier, Wiggles being louder for the pred, and the ability to watch the pred 3rd person so you can watch yourself digest.
Perks for unwilling: Slowing the Pred down more.. (Uhm.. more to come)

It would give the Devs an actual sallary as the game sold, My question is if the community would pay 60 USD for this game?

Would you support the Devs and stuff?
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore-tual Reality for the Community, Opinions needed.

Postby RC8015 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:24 pm

Well, on DLsite we see, that the community (or voreaphilles to be precise) is willing to pay for a game. But I am not sure how much they'd be willing to pay for a game. The only thing I can compare it to is the VR harpy game on dlsite, costs 25 euros or something like that, but many consider that as expensive already, even more if you compare it with the amount of content in this game.
So you would have to bring much content before most would be willing of spending so much money. But if you'd manage to bring what you wrote in your post, well, I'd be interested^^
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:18 pm

I can only comment from my own possition.
I would be unable to provide funds to this sort of thing and thought I have some programming skills, it is not in game making so I can't say if I could help at all
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:23 pm

I think you would sell more if it wasn't VR exclusive. VR headsets are hundreds of dollars and not easily accessible for very many, nonetheless our small community. Add to the fact that there are some of us who very strict likes/dislikes when it comes to vore, and a multiplayer environment would make it very difficult to cater to those people without compromising the experience for everyone else. I'd say $60 is too much to ask unless you had a team of hundreds working on it full time. To ask a AAA price, you would need a AAA game with a AAA team working on it and that just isn't feasible. Unless you found contractors/freelancers who weren't too prudish, you would be hard pressed to find enough people to work on it.

If you want my opinion on how to "price" it, use Patreon or something of the like. Have contributors get access to pre-release content, behind-the-scenes stuff, access to developer chat and brainstorming sessions, commissioning a certain scenario/quest/character to be put in, etc...

I've put a lot of thought into something like this, and since no real studio would touch it with a 39 1/2 ft. pole, you need freelancers to do a good bit of the work. You need a good bit of money for that, though. There are certainly some talented artists on the site, though, and I'm sure you can find others. Just remember that if you decide to go through with this project, you MUST see it through to the end. Which means you need to have a wad of cash to front the project, and plenty in reserve in case the donations dry up. If you start, keep the community informed and engaged. And, if you need someone to handle some of the PR, I'd be happy to.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:47 pm

Alright, I do wanna explain I am not planning on making this, I am just seeing what the community would think of the idea.

$20 might be a little better.

Please don't get hyped about this "Coming out"
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:48 pm

If you have VR, you have money to spend. Abuse that information as you see fit. :U
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:40 am

Aces wrote:If you have VR, you have money to spend. Abuse that information as you see fit. :U

But how many whales are into vore? A quandary...

Actually perhaps not so much if you monitor commissions and keep track of who is commissioning what an how often...

There are a few whales abound. But they seem completely absorbed and satisfied with story and drawing commissions.

Convincing them to dedicate to a single project? One that won't deliver for months at the least? I'm unconvinced.

That said the project goals aren't the worst I've seen, but I think some lofty goals are in there too.

I program for a living and have done some contract work before, the cheapest I've done a project was with 3 developers total for 5k USD after estimating hours. That was for database and website work though.

Here you're talking VR which is very specialized field at the moment. I'm not sure half the coders here would know what they are doing in that realm, and there aren't that many of us to begin with.

Suggestions?

Building something from the ground up will be expensive and time consuming. Build off something already in existence if possible, mods provide a ground work in place and far less engine and GUI work. The detriment being that it may be legally dubious to sell a mod. Although funding the creation of one would not be so dubious to fund in legal senses.

Limit scope. I'll go out on a limb and blame most vore game's lack of completion on terrible project scope. Myself included. Not realizing one's own limits or reasonable limits for a team is a death sentence for a project. Once the team member(s) realize how hopeless the scope is to accomplish in a reasonable time interest will quickly fade. Money doesn't help either. Programmers jump ship from companies when they sense things aren't well planned or goals are unreasonable.

When you add in 3D swordplay, minigames and open world you've just tacked on a scope of a man year of work I estimate conservatively. Second life is an open world with a few minigames and that was NOT built with a rag tag team of devs. In fact I can't think of many indie open world games worth a damn in the 3D realm.

I'm just one curmudgeonly dev though. I have a tendency to take the realistic/pessimistic view admittedly. There are some devs out there I consider batshit crazy who can churn out man months of work for something they love in a week. Not sure we have one for vore though. It ain't me!
ryanshowseason3
???

Return to Vore game