Classic Monster Tamer

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Classic Monster Tamer

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:06 am

Map002.png
Home town

So, custom 15bit tilesets have panned out well, and have a list of monsters with transformations ready to go.

Wolf ~> Werewolf, Fox ~> Kitsune, Bat ~> Vampire

Have some that are fixed in one form.

Skeleton, Harpy, Mermaid

Event have the maps layer out for how everything goes together.

What is missing is the why behind the adventure, and the what that is to be accomplished.
The why and what are key to the quests, and the challenges that will be faced.

Posible why:
Test new way of capturing/storing monsters.
Collecting monsters to make home town stronger.
Coming of age rite.
Tame and breed monsters.
Unite the land, open routes of travelling.

What to be accomplished:
Collect tokens as proof of skill.
Remove obsticals from paths.
Collect more than monsters?
Learn from monsters.

So, the game is taking shape, but no demo due to no characters yet and no story to follow.
Need to make sprites that match the color palett and art style of the to least.
Could use more monsters (maximum of 20).
Once monsters are set, need to due skills and animations.
Overall, barely starting this game's creation.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Classic Monster Tamer

Postby nullstuff » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:58 am

Personally, I love the idea of taming and breeding monster girls in a vorish way! Maybe there could be some issues that we'd need to take care of in a covert, vore-related way? Like maybe we need to eliminate a rival by feeding them to our "livestock"? Or maybe feeding people to our livestock causes them to grow faster or create better rewards, but at the risk of getting caught? Either way, I'm super excited to see how this game goes!
nullstuff
Somewhat familiar

Postby HavocLordX » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:34 am

Will you be able to breed them in Lewdly voracious ways as well? Other than this, you have my attention.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby Hansony » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:52 am

I'd love to hear how you got the inspiration for this cause I have been thinking about trying to make a game like it my self and may still try my hands on it (have never made a game before so no promises) but I remember making a thread asking if there were any monster tamer style vore games and only really got questions to what that was.
Last edited by Hansony on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 am

Sounds interesting. From story sides, the standart Pokemon story always work, you just go out and tame because everyone does it and you want to!

But also a kind of danger to your village could rise, and you at first collect monsters and tame them to defend the village, and later you learn that this danger is threatening the whole world, so you head out to take this evil out.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:20 am

Perhaps the main character always liked monsters better than their own species, and is setting off to tame them to help curb the flow of adventurers killing them by proving they can be safe and valuable companions.
Last edited by empatheticapathy on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby warbrand4 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:22 am

this looks interesting in concept.

There are way too many ways this can be taken story wise, from a pokemon like set up, to a defend the village type one, to even something like http://store.steampowered.com/app/40733 ... a_Dungeon/ .

personally I think the coming of age rite is a good option, with learn from the monsters being the goal.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:05 pm

Most monster raising games have a combination mechanic in order to fuse monsters into more powerful ones. It doesn't take too much imagination from there to put a vorish spin on it, heh.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aresbloodfang » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:38 pm

personally I think the coming of age rite is a good option, with learn from the monsters being the goal.

I second this opinion and was going to say about the same thing.
Aresbloodfang
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thagrahn » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Aresbloodfang wrote:

I second this opinion and was going to say about the same thing.

Coming of age would out the MC in the teens range, and learning skills as the Monsters reach certain levels means a few tricks to get that to work in the background (Still doable).

Jaxed wrote:Most monster raising games have a combination mechanic in order to fuse monsters into more powerful ones. It doesn't take too much imagination from there to put a vorish spin on it, heh.

Fusion of Monsters of the same type was the goal, and breeding for (repoduction type note set) was going to create another way to level the Monsters. Maybe a leader or more vorish way in which the reproduction is done.
Could link the reproduction as a way to unlock certain mosters, too.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:01 pm

For example:

--------------------------------------------------

Set slimegirl to absorb another monster girl-> New Slimegirl type.

Dragon unbirth monster girl-> unbirthed creature becomes new type of monster girl.
or
Dragon eats monster girl -> Uses their energy to become stronger/new type of dragon.

Perhaps even have some monster girls change through full tour through a particular species that they share a symbiosis with.

A mechanic like a Pokemon Day Care where one monster girl carries another around inside her to slowly level the other up, but while doing so neither can be use for combat.

--------------------------------------------------

All sorts of possibilities to be had~!
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby sizehunter » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:06 am

One possibility is a bit of a gamble... You let yourself be unbirthed by a monster, and they get boosted rewards while you're inside the one sitting out of the training, sort of like they're inspired by the show of trust. Only catches, you have no control over what training or such they pick for how long you chose to stay in the host, and the monster herself has to like you.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:11 am

Classic? Is monster tamer an old Vore game?

Also can the why being that you are the bad guys raising an army to devour the land?
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Anesthetic wrote:Classic? Is monster tamer an old Vore game?

Also can the why being that you are the bad guys raising an army to devour the land?

It's classic monsters from lore that the MC is taming.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:26 pm

So I asked once but didn't get an answer before so I will try again:
I have been thinking about the same sort of game ide my self and would love to hear how you got the inspiration to yours.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Hansony wrote:So I asked once but didn't get an answer before so I will try again:
I have been thinking about the same sort of game ide my self and would love to hear how you got the inspiration to yours.

I started out trying to make a pokemon game in RPG Maker MV, and decided to simplify things. Elements became fewer, monsters moved from pokemon to classic monsters, and evolution is being simplified to in battle transformations.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Caniption » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:49 pm

This comment is here to save this thread for myself should it update.
I am, at times, everything I am not.
Caniption
Been posting for a bit

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:38 am

Worked out several plugin conflicts, and got the core mechanics going. Took looking for alternative ways and plugins, but the Tamer can now summon other actor's via skills. Transformations are being tested, but that is a times set up so there is a day night cycle.

Still working out the issue of needing the battles party to only be 1 character no mater how large the party actually gets.

Intro lets you choose boy or girl tamer, and name your tamer.
All sprites are stand ins due to me still struggling with my art skills.

Sadly, there is nothing to due in game yet, so no demo.

Off to a good start, but expecting things to progress slowly since I still have a lot of bugs and plugin conflicts to work through to enable further key mechanics.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maexam2 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Interesting concept. Looking forward to it.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:39 am

Sadly, the plugins are really fighting each other, and getting them to play nicely breaks ones that were working.

Also, RPG Maker MV seems to HATE having the Battle Party set to 1. It closes out the test battles as soon as you acknowledge them.

May have to shelf this project until additional plugins are available, and I don't have to try making 4 different people's plugins work together.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game