Predator's Coliseum (v0.17.5k 8/8/20) Voreday 2021 Teaser

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Predator's Coliseum (v0.17.5c 02-01-18) Now with a Tipja

Postby NRawk » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:59 pm

Okay, so I played this game for a bit back on version... 0.04 (still have the file so I looked it up lol) and I really enjoyed it then but love it even more now! Mara and Iris were (and still are) my favorite girls, but I was blown away by how much the game has changed and developed since I last played it. I realize I'm a bit late for the side character poll, but of them I'd like to see more don't with Selene, Brooke and Vanessa.
The thing that impressed me the most however was just how much effort was put into giving the characters lives, seeing them in different places and doing different things throughout the town at the different times and days of the week. I actually made a spreadsheet to help me keep track of it all, which I'll link at the bottom of this for anyone like me who'd like to use it for reference.
Because I haven't been paying too much attention, I don't know how long to expect to wait for the next update (though the sign in the new town said 'a few months') but I will be eagerly awaiting it! :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
If you like my stuff and want to support me, check out my Patreon or Ko-fi!
https://subscribestar.adult/nrawk-s-little-big-stories
http://www.ko-fi.com/nrawk282
NRawk
Been posting for a bit

Postby abeabe1350 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:19 am

NRawk wrote:Okay, so I played this game for a bit back on version... 0.04 (still have the file so I looked it up lol) and I really enjoyed it then but love it even more now! Mara and Iris were (and still are) my favorite girls, but I was blown away by how much the game has changed and developed since I last played it. I realize I'm a bit late for the side character poll, but of them I'd like to see more don't with Selene, Brooke and Vanessa.
The thing that impressed me the most however was just how much effort was put into giving the characters lives, seeing them in different places and doing different things throughout the town at the different times and days of the week. I actually made a spreadsheet to help me keep track of it all, which I'll link at the bottom of this for anyone like me who'd like to use it for reference.
Because I haven't been paying too much attention, I don't know how long to expect to wait for the next update (though the sign in the new town said 'a few months') but I will be eagerly awaiting it! :D

Uhm wow, just good job mate. You get an internet cookie.
Writer for Predator coliseum. Now with a tip jar https://digitaltipjar.com/lurkerstudios?_external=true
abeabe1350
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ray1700 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 am

For some reason the game keeps crashing if I have digestion on, it might be due to an audio file's name being incorrect, what ever would play as soon as you enter Samantha's room for the first digestion scene I think.
Ray1700
Somewhat familiar

Postby vorelectric » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:06 am

Ray1700 wrote:For some reason the game keeps crashing if I have digestion on, it might be due to an audio file's name being incorrect, what ever would play as soon as you enter Samantha's room for the first digestion scene I think.

How old is your save file? It might be an incompatibility issue here as I can't seem to replicate the bug. It could also be because of the use of a cheat engine if you're using one.

Could you try to provide more details so we can help you out?
vorelectric
Participator

Postby BigD » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:30 am

This might be just me wanting this, but could you implement something similar to a map regarding the girls? This is because I am having some serious trouble finding them on occasion.
BigD
New to the forum

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:23 am

Big D wrote:This might be just me wanting this, but could you implement something similar to a map regarding the girls? This is because I am having some serious trouble finding them on occasion.

If you look at a grand number of 4 posts earlier (top of same page) there is a schedule for all the girls...
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Ray1700 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:51 am

vorelectric wrote:
Ray1700 wrote:For some reason the game keeps crashing if I have digestion on, it might be due to an audio file's name being incorrect, what ever would play as soon as you enter Samantha's room for the first digestion scene I think.

How old is your save file? It might be an incompatibility issue here as I can't seem to replicate the bug. It could also be because of the use of a cheat engine if you're using one.

Could you try to provide more details so we can help you out?

There is no Cheat Engine, haven't had a need for one yet, I restarted on the most reason update and got it to work with digestion off, but for some reason it doesn't want to play digestion. It may be due to some compatibility issue due to using wine to run this on a mac. I assume this is the case, though I've only had this issue when trying to run a JRPG and the system doesn't like the file names in Japanese, so it transposes it very weirdly. It also might be wine messing up in unpacking the .exe file. It also seems to happen during the Athys sleeping event.
Ray1700
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkPinkie » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Ray1700 wrote:There is no Cheat Engine, haven't had a need for one yet, I restarted on the most reason update and got it to work with digestion off, but for some reason it doesn't want to play digestion. It may be due to some compatibility issue due to using wine to run this on a mac. I assume this is the case, though I've only had this issue when trying to run a JRPG and the system doesn't like the file names in Japanese, so it transposes it very weirdly. It also might be wine messing up in unpacking the .exe file. It also seems to happen during the Athys sleeping event.

That is a curiosity. I can not promise anything either way when using such an elaborate setup. Anyhow, is it in all digestion scenes or just some specific ones? Also there could still be some similar issue to the Japanese game you tried due to many file names using symbols rather than regular letters. If there is an error message when it crashes typing up and posting what it say does help a lot with figuring out the issue.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby nanakra » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:48 pm

Ray1700 wrote:It may be due to some compatibility issue due to using wine to run this on a mac. It also might be wine messing up in unpacking the .exe file. It also seems to happen during the Athys sleeping event.

Both of those scene use BGM from the RTP. The question becomes, did you install the RTP for VX Ace in Wine?
If so, I'd recommend reinstalling the RTP in case it did not install correctly.
Sadly, VX Ace is not natively compatible with MacOS nor is it known to work well under wine.

Edited to add: If that doesn't work, you could always spin up a VM using parallels or Virtualbox and throw windows on it. That would work.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ray1700 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 am

I'll probably have to get a VM again, really don't like how much storage they take up though...
I did find that Iris's Digestion scene plays, though Athys, Tina, Mara, Myca, Sereleth, and Samantha still crash.
Ray1700
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Prof » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:16 pm

hmmm this game looks quite interesting... And since the two guys I've been giving ideas to are hard at work on their projects, I guess I can start brainstorming ideas if I come up with them. Though the lack of catgirl at the moment saddens me.
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

Postby DarkPinkie » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:45 pm

The_Prof wrote:hmmm this game looks quite interesting... And since the two guys I've been giving ideas to are hard at work on their projects, I guess I can start brainstorming ideas if I come up with them. Though the lack of catgirl at the moment saddens me.

What do you mean lack of catgirl? The game have a reasonable amount of catgirl atm thank you very much, and it will have more in the future, though probably only as background characters.
DarkPinkie
---

Postby Blargh62 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:45 pm

Awesome game, very interesting, but...
I wish there was a little bit less grinding in the game.
Seriously. Wanna levelup? Go grind basement.
Wanna train? Go grind affection (and money)
Grinding affection is especially painful, as all those scenes are already seen by that moment, and you just skip and skip and skip a lot
Also, for some reason, when you win a combat on arena - you won't get any XP, but you get it from rats and imps in basement. That seems off.

Also - is there any effect from winning combats? Like new scenes in performances and such? Or it's used only to get access to specific events?
Blargh62
Been posting for a bit

Postby vorelectric » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm

Blargh62 wrote:Awesome game, very interesting, but...
I wish there was a little bit less grinding in the game.
Seriously. Wanna levelup? Go grind basement.
Wanna train? Go grind affection (and money)
Grinding affection is especially painful, as all those scenes are already seen by that moment, and you just skip and skip and skip a lot

Believe me we're doing the best we can to fix the grinding. The next update should fix a lot of things that players are having issues with as well as a few other things, but it's a long ways off right now.

Please keep in mind that, with everything we are adding, current save files WILL NOT WORK WITH IT. We also know people hate having to restart over and over again, but there is good reason for it.

Also, for some reason, when you win a combat on arena - you won't get any XP, but you get it from rats and imps in basement. That seems off.

As for experience, that's mostly because of pacing. We don't want players to be overpowered monsters before the first dungeon afterall. :-D

Also - is there any effect from winning combats? Like new scenes in performances and such? Or it's used only to get access to specific events?

Winning Combats levels up the preds for future fights. Personally speaking I think they're a little off-balanced, but then again I'm only the editor.

Spoiler: show
As a note, you can really see the effect this has on the game during Tina's Griffon Hunt. Don't know what I'm talking about? Talk to Adrian, the weird little ghost boy to the left of the church.

As a whole, we, and I mean I, would like to remind everyone that this game is still a major work in progress. Balancing out the game is going to take time. In the meantime, you can also pester us in our public Discord (Link on the front page). Most of the team jumps in and answers questions/talks to people in there pretty frequently.

I hope I helped answer some of your questions about the game.
vorelectric
Participator

Postby b12481632 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:49 pm

In the goblin town, talking to a wolf without a free space behind you causes the game to get stuck.

NRawk wrote:I actually made a spreadsheet to help me keep track of it all, which I'll link at the bottom of this for anyone like me who'd like to use it for reference.

Thursday morning Sereleth is upstairs in the inn, hung over.
b12481632
New to the forum

Postby MasterGryph » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 pm

Well, I just started the new version in the OP. Unfortunately, I can't get far when the stairs to Samantha's room are a solid object.

Edit: Ah, funny, they didn't look like they only worked from one direction.
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:58 pm

b12481632 wrote:In the goblin town, talking to a wolf without a free space behind you causes the game to get stuck.

Whoops, my bad. I guess I forgot to add a skip if blocked on it.

MasterGryph wrote:Well, I just started the new version in the OP. Unfortunately, I can't get far when the stairs to Samantha's room are a solid object.

Edit: Ah, funny, they didn't look like they only worked from one direction.

That's weird, they should work in all directions IIRC... I think I may need a chat with Nanakra again...
DarkPinkie
---

Postby MasterGryph » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am

I have to ask, who the heck is Felicity, and how are we supposed to know her name? (It doesn't really fit with how nameplates are handled elsewhere in the game.)

She appears out of nowhere if you read a guide and know to talk to random cows in the morning, eats Claire with no real explanation, and repeat visits do nothing to clear up the questions. She apparently has invisibility powers and is watching a ranch that no one owns.

Returning to the area after the plot moves forward leads to the exact same script playing instantly, though she no longer starts off invisible. (And the nearby house is cleaned up for no apparent reason?)
Let us all play fair now, there is no such thing as total invincibility.
MasterGryph
---

Postby vorelectric » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 am

MasterGryph wrote:I have to ask, who the heck is Felicity, and how are we supposed to know her name? (It doesn't really fit with how nameplates are handled elsewhere in the game.)

She appears out of nowhere if you read a guide and know to talk to random cows in the morning, eats Claire with no real explanation, and repeat visits do nothing to clear up the questions. She apparently has invisibility powers and is watching a ranch that no one owns.

Returning to the area after the plot moves forward leads to the exact same script playing instantly, though she no longer starts off invisible. (And the nearby house is cleaned up for no apparent reason?)

This is a well known bug at this point and we are trying to fix it, so just know that anything involving Felicity and her roommate are kind of broken. We will do our best to fix her events, but for now you can just avoid the Ranch area altogether as that's where all of her reported bugs are occurring.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
vorelectric
Participator

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:01 am

MasterGryph wrote:I have to ask, who the heck is Felicity, and how are we supposed to know her name? (It doesn't really fit with how nameplates are handled elsewhere in the game.)

A geez, you get introduced to her later in the story, but her scenes shouldn't trigger before that. She does in fact say her name in her introduction. So yeah, Somehow you are either not triggering her introduction yet unlocking her scenes that is supposed to be locked behind her introduction, or you are triggering them before they should be triggerable, both of these things are bad mmmkay.

They did work mostly fine in 0.16... Which leaves me to believe it broke when we added in the nameplates.
DarkPinkie
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game