IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - Source Code Release!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: IVG2: The Castaway's Tale, v1.09 - [Small Update :)]

Postby Seifens » Sun May 13, 2018 12:10 pm

vernam wrote:Wait, is it even possible to make NPCs breakup?

Yes, there's a post detailing how earlier in this thread, but it involves the 'aggressive seduction' option in conversation.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Whereaminow27 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Did willing vore ever get added? Such as NPC? or Enemy?
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Indighost » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 pm

I am too floofed beneath work and social obligations to work on this at the moment. Maybe some time later on down the road!
Indighost
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 am

posting to keep tabs on this. it feels like it depends overmuch on random generation to be very memorable but it's fun for a bit
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hivelord » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Indighost wrote:I am too floofed beneath work and social obligations to work on this at the moment. Maybe some time later on down the road!
Aw sucks but definitely hoping you one day get to work on it again. Really promising game.
Hivelord
Somewhat familiar

Postby gullvy » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:39 pm

@indighost

I know that the hard part of making a game is the coding, but if you need any help with writing some description/sex scenes/vore scenes, then I'd be happy to help.
gullvy
Somewhat familiar

Postby passage » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:24 am

Love this, just noting a glitch. My character was a woman with a vagina, after taking a potion which made her sexless attempting anal masturbation made an error stating

"As Nini slips its probing finger still deeper and deeper into the tight, steamy chamber of its rectum, its rock-hard smooth, featureless crotch pulses with hot erection, throbbing and pointing high into the air, glistening pre-cum beading at the tip of its meaty glans, Nini's ERROR, Nini DOES NOT HAVE BALLS resting warmly on its knuckles."
"roughly grabs its ERROR, Nini DOES NOT HAVE A PENIS with its free hand. It moans and growls out out, pumping first one and then the other, jacking its phallus and then pushing its finger into its anal opening, then pumping its cock again, then finger-banging its anus..."
passage
New to the forum

Postby Indighost » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Oof! Logic error!

You guys make me want to do an update for this game XD Someone else found an error with the Cum/Milk inflation thing too!
Indighost
---

Postby DarkPinkie » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:24 pm

We also want you to make an update. Seeing progress is always nice, especially since it feels as though this project have started to stagnate.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby AzurePheonix » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:20 pm

This game is quite good, but I think there should be more customizing.
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MinecraftNerd11509 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:55 am

There should be more NPCs to talk to, like a giraffe or something new
MinecraftNerd11509
New to the forum

Postby Caniption » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:23 pm

The most I could want out of this is interactions with prey I've devoured, either enemies or some kind of safe-vore with NPC partners.
I am, at times, everything I am not.
Caniption
Been posting for a bit

Postby AzurePheonix » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:50 pm

Caniption wrote:The most I could want out of this is interactions with prey I've devoured, either enemies or some kind of safe-vore with NPC partners.

I can’t even get into a position where I can devour people in the first place. My plan is to fuck their brains out until they’re too tired to resist, but not everyone just accepts an approach.
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Most pressingly, I think this game needs more ways to interact with the friendly NPCs, and more of a sense of a goal.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:37 am

Okay, having revisited this every now and then, still having not sat down and pushed to beat the game, I'd like to adjust and add to my previous criticique, where I had said I don't care much for how much of the game is based on random generation.

I still think that, but more specifically, I think that what this game critically lacks is player motivation. The excuse plot is an objective, sure, and those are always fun to strike off a list, but after being dumped into the world, there isn't much to encourage the player forward besides, say, a desire to see what other environments and enemies were designed and an interest in the rudimentary NPC courtship. My experience playing this game is that I dick around in (0,0), grinding the easy XP until I can just walk up to literally everyone and eat them in the first turn of combat. Then, after playing the save-scum guessing game with potions for a couple minutes, I get bored and close the game to, in theory, pick up later. I don't think I've ever been beyond the meadows. The Ring of Whatever has no value as a goal to me and so I just don't ever feel like pursuing that. I don't even have the game's setting to keep my interest; it's very generic furry medieval fantasy.

Frankly, I don't see much of a way that all of this could be fixed without a redesign of the game entirely, so what I'd like to suggest is that, instead of tacking on more features, you consider taking what you've learned from IVG2 and make a different, more structured game, with some actual substance in the plot and friendly NPCs that people can actually care about as nuanced characters instead of interchangeable game objects with different hats. I can understand if that strikes you as daunting, of course; you said that this game was something you made in your spare time and you don't gotta do anything to please me; I'm just some unqualified critic on the internet.

I don't wanna sound like I hate this game or think it was a resounding disappointment. I wouldn't have commented if I didn't see merit in it. Like, I fucking love when my vore stuff's got sound. You made a lasting impression with that. This is also the first turn-based vore game I've played with vore as a combat technique instead of a reward for victory in combat. Finally I can be the predator chewing through the battlefield like an implacable behemoth. Moreover, the gate between the player and predation is mercifully not locked behind any particularly challenging progress wall; too many games all go for that and the sheer glut of that template sorta ruins the catharsis of finally being able to do unto one's hungry foes as they been doing to me for however much of my free time.

Ways to improve IVG2 if you're dead set on that:
- Volume adjustment. The sounds of ecstasy are much louder than my music and I'd like to be able to choose to lower them to my needs.
- Echoing a sentiment cast by plenty of others, I would love to have access to forms of vore other than oral.
- More specificity in what can be present in the world when setting up. I like being able to say "I don't care to interact with men in this game" but it appears to me that setting the world to all-female went beyond my desires and nixed NPC females of the herm or solely bedicked varieties. If I didn't look closely enough at their nethers, let me know.
- Trim the skill list, either by merging/cutting some skills or creating an alternate system of advancement which some of these skills are placed on instead. For instance, VCo and VCa might be merged (perhaps VDi too) and turned into a new type of statistic called, say, an Attribute. This and other attributes could then be, perhaps, advanced using a single point given to the player every level.
- More liberal usage of italics and bold in the in-game text or anything else to make it a little easier to read the menus. Hell, even some context-sensitive clickable buttons in the sidebar would be an improvement.
- Sidequests. I'd wage that not only would sidequests allow you to balance the XP system by chipping just a little off of combat's importance to the bulk of progression, but they'd also introduce a way to earn an NPC's affection in a less flavorless and repetitive way.

It's a fine game. I'd love to see what you do gamewise in the future.
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby metalfox57 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:16 am

Do you not have a 'Skill' Guidebook, or is it just another control I haven't found? (I had no idea 'l' was to look, since it wasn't in the help; I found out through the 'battle system help menu')
It may seem self explanatory, but I used a good 10 synonyms, specifically from other games. It seems every programmer that does a text game, wants to avoid using the same words from other text-games; as convenient as it would have been, lol :?
metalfox57
New to the forum

Postby JackBright » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:05 am

I don't want to sound impatient or rude, but is Indighost still working on this game?
JackBright
Been posting for a bit

Postby FutureBellyAche » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:24 pm

I think last I heard they were swimming in work. So give it some time.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby Balgias » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 am

What on earth is going on with the NPC interactions?

[P]raise Mordecai's ____ , [I]nsult Mordecai's ____ , P[R]opose ____ing

Proposed activity must end in -ing. Wat why isn't there some hint or queue as to what the interactions could be?
Balgias
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nouvi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:32 am

Well, you're supposed to use your head a bit. Basically fill-the-blanks with something that makes sense.

Examples: "[P]raise Mordecai's muscles , [I]nsult Mordecai's dick , P[R]opose cuddling" by typing "p muscles", "i dick" or "r cuddling" respectively.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game