Setting for a Vore Related Visual Novel w/ strawpoll FINAL

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Setting for a Vore Related Visual Novel w/ strawpoll FINAL

Postby TentacleTuesday » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 pm

CONCLUSION: This thread has been a huge help for me as I move forward into making my first game. Thank you to all that took the time to read, reply, and/or vote in my poll. Currently by a decent margin Medieval/High Fantasy is the favorite, with Modern being a sizable second place. That being said I have decided on what kind of visual novel I am going to make and will have something to show off by the end of the month. Will be looking for testers before launch so keep your eyes out for another post by me in this forum if that is something that interests you. I will keep the poll up for as long as it is relevant, and still check this thread if you had an idea still. Always thinking of the project after this one~

Greetings~ As part of my resolutions for 2018 I will be attempting to release my first, hopefully of many, game. I am giving myself about a month to work on it before releasing what I have to the community. I am currently in the preliminary design phase, which is a fancy way of saying I got nothing done yet, lol. This weekend is going to be me mostly brainstorming ideas and organizing those ideas so I can jump into the script on Monday. That being said I think this is a good time to collect some opinions from the community.

This post is mostly regarding what setting the vore gaming community is most interested in seeing, instead of specific plot points or what kind of kinks should be included. Though I am happy to read through any constructive suggestions anyone has. I would do a poll, but I have no idea how to set on up at the moment, lol. For those who like to choose from a few options would you most enjoying seeing the game in a more modern/realistic setting, perhaps with an interesting twist on how vore is part of daily life. Maybe a magical fantasy setting where rampant magic makes making lewd plot points a breeze? Or maybe a distant future or star system filled with sci-fi related technological advances to spice up the story. Or maybe all those ideas are crap and you have something completely different to suggest, I want to hear it.

As for what skills I bring for this game, I am primarily a writer so I am confident in my ability to flesh out any sort setting, story, or characters. I have recently delved into programming and I am fairly confident I have enough knowledge to code an interesting visual novel using the Ren'Py program with the help of the Python language, but if anyone has any useful advice for getting better with Python I would gladly take it. Sound design for a project this small will be fairly bare bones, but any suggestions for royalty free sources for sound effects would be helpful, but I will most likely just use assets from other projects in the community. Finally I am not a practiced artist so this game will probably not feature any original art, though if any established artists are interested in the kind of work that would be needed to give my story and code life I would love to hear from you. This release will be free, so I am not expecting much interest in finding people to help me, but if this goes well I would love to release larger projects capable of supporting talented members of our community. PM with any interest you may have in making something with me now or in the future.

This post got longer than I predicted, but I guess I used it as a means of introducing myself and a call for brave souls interested in making vore games. I thank anyone who took the time to read this and for anyone who gives me a better idea of what people here want to see from their games. Content creators are only as good as the people who enjoy their work. Hope to hear from you guys~

https://strawpoll.com/rksxx7p7

TL;DR - What kind of setting would you like to see in a vore related visual novel, discuss below.
Last edited by TentacleTuesday on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TentacleTuesday
New to the forum

Re: Setting for a Vore Related Visual Novel

Postby ian66613 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:54 pm

I prefer "High Fantasy." IE: Your own world. It can have old / ancient high-end technology littered around world, similar to FFXIV as an example. But still have magic, etc.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby AngelofHell64 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Maybe a High Seas/Pirate setting? I dunno how to call it really
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby hydranoid2009 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Hmmmm. I'd say build your own type of setting, such as a world where devouring someone is so common there are laws regulating it as an example.

However some other interesting settings could be:

Medieval fantasy

Superhero/villain city

space/a planet where many species can interact

in the end, it's whatever you feel like making that should be your decision
hydranoid2009
New to the forum

Postby Jakar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:29 pm

Hey. First of all, good luck on your project, whichever direction you decide to take with it!

I've always thought it'd be interesting to see if anyone could pull off doing something that stuck more to the frame of what the Japanese visual novels do and if a vore themed version of that could work with it. I feel what has been tried so far has made use of the visual novel design to make small, branching path stories but none have attempted to emulate the other aspects.

I'd like to see a game that embraces it. That has a small selection of 3-5 predatory waifus who the protagonist meets as their paths cross, he comes to the aid of, or he accidentally sexually harasses. The anime clichés could take on a vorish twist. The childhood friend who secretly loves him could keep her feelings for him to herself might eventually want a way to keep him to herself permanently. The tsundere could act like she hated the idea of eating someone but after dating her a while, a willing protaganist could get her to confess her desire to swallow him. The little sister could see all these women trying to make a meal out of her brother, get jealous of the lack of attention he was paying her and would try and awkwardly seduce him into being her meal instead. And so on...

After they've met there'd be a plot device reason for these girls of varying personalities to come into contact with one another. Like, if it was a school setting like most do, they'd form a club or something. From then, there'd be a mix of teasing, character development, followed by decisions that let you choose one girl over the other, getting a little extra scene/moment with that girl before going back to the linear story. After enough of those choices are made, you'd be set on the path of the girl you picked the most and you'd date/romance/get her to eat you and would take the focus of the story from then on.

Maybe a bit ambitious. I've just always wondered what a visual novel would be like if it focused on the story/romance as they do but replaced the fanservice moments with vorish teasing and the sex scenes with eating ones. It could work, right? :silly:
Jakar
New to the forum

Postby empatheticapathy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:37 pm

AngelofHell64 wrote:Maybe a High Seas/Pirate setting? I dunno how to call it really

This has my vote. I love settings like that.
They also make it easier to worldbuild, and come prepackaged with a sense of discovery and adventure, so it'll be easier on you as a writer.

TentacleTuesday wrote:I would do a poll, but I have no idea how to set on up at the moment, lol.

Use strawpoll. Very easy site.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby TentacleTuesday » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks for all the ideas so far, they are giving me more to think about as I move towards settling on an idea. I got a big wave of possible ideas from the pirate suggestion, I am embarrassed to say the thought never crossed my mind before, especially since I enjoy watching One Piece. There are just way too many episode now though, lol. A pirate ship is an easy way to dump some poor fool into a mess of hungry ladies with little hope of escape. The fun part is what flavor of pirates to go for specifically, a few ideas come to mind. The idea of Devil Fruits would lean itself to a vore setting since one could make eating a fruit user would also give the eater the same power, as well as whatever lewdness ensues after. Keep the ideas coming, I won't decide til the end of the weekend. I will also look into Strawpoll so I can actually collect some data~
TentacleTuesday
New to the forum

Postby T653 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:29 pm

AngelofHell64 wrote:Maybe a High Seas/Pirate setting? I dunno how to call it really

I like this idea and I don't think anybody has done it before. (correct me if i'm wrong)
But am wondering in this game is the player pred, prey or both?
T653
New to the forum

Postby TentacleTuesday » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:45 pm

Tman325 wrote:

I like this idea and I don't think anybody has done it before. (correct me if i'm wrong)

This idea is growing on me more and more I think about it~ I am fairly certain you are right about there not being a game like that, at least vore wise, if there was something already I would play it in a heart beat, lol.

In a perfect world I would prefer the player character to be able be either pred or prey, but that just makes the scope of the game even bigger. I won't know what I can pull off til I try though~ One of my main design goals for this game is to hit as many check marks fetish wise as I can manage and deliver them in a way that makes the player know what kind of kinks they are getting into. My programming knowledge is limited so content filters might be out of my skill set, so I guess I will see what I can do exactly.
TentacleTuesday
New to the forum

Postby empatheticapathy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:11 am

TentacleTuesday wrote:
Tman325 wrote:

This idea is growing on me more and more I think about it~ I am fairly certain you are right about there not being a game like that, at least vore wise, if there was something already I would play it in a heart beat, lol.

In a perfect world I would prefer the player character to be able be either pred or prey, but that just makes the scope of the game even bigger. I won't know what I can pull off til I try though~ One of my main design goals for this game is to hit as many check marks fetish wise as I can manage and deliver them in a way that makes the player know what kind of kinks they are getting into. My programming knowledge is limited so content filters might be out of my skill set, so I guess I will see what I can do exactly.

There are a few games like that. Even excluding One Piece games, there's things like The Wager, and Treasure Adventure Game - but I don't think there's any vore ones.
empatheticapathy
---

Re: Setting for a Vore Related Visual Novel *Now with strawp

Postby b5n » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:41 pm

Does the main character going to be a pred if yes can we choose the gender
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Re: Setting for a Vore Related Visual Novel *Now with strawp

Postby TentacleTuesday » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:17 pm

b5n wrote:Does the main character going to be a pred if yes can we choose the gender

At this point of development I am unsure what exactly I can get done in the time frame I set. I am shooting towards the player being able to be pred or prey while being either male or female.
TentacleTuesday
New to the forum

Postby Sriseru » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:32 am

TentacleTuesday wrote:
Tman325 wrote:

Just wanted to chip in to say that I have a setting like that that I'm working on. :3
Sriseru
Participator

Return to Vore game