Eclipse MMORPG

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Eclipse MMORPG

Postby Orcus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Hey guys, it's my first time posting here, so I want to know, would you like an mmorpg about vore? If you don't know about eclipse, it's like rpg maker but you can play online and it's an action rpg, I want some suggestions about the theme of the rpg, the classes, because I really want to make this.
Sorry for bad english. :D
Orcus
New to the forum

Re: Eclipse MMORPG

Postby Striker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:27 pm

I found myself writing & rewriting lectures as a reply to this post. Instead I will just post No. Have a nice day.
Striker
Been posting for a bit

Postby Halcyon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Orcus wrote:Hey guys, it's my first time posting here, so I want to know, would you like an mmorpg about vore? If you don't know about eclipse, it's like rpg maker but you can play online and it's an action rpg, I want some suggestions about the theme of the rpg, the classes, because I really want to make this.
Sorry for bad english. :D

Welcome to the Portal! :)

I've never heard of this Eclipse program! You say you can make multiplayer games with it? Can you link it here?

I know that it's possible to make multiplayer games with RPG Maker MV, but I haven't tried that yet.
Halcyon
???

Postby Orcus » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Inside here you can found the Eclipse, https://www.eclipseorigins.com/, is like the RPG Maker.
Orcus
New to the forum

Postby MariAquaria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 pm

Striker wrote:I found myself writing & rewriting lectures as a reply to this post. Instead I will just post No. Have a nice day.

You could at least try to not sound like a dick about it. People can have their ideas, and people can give constructive criticism. I, for one, think that, if this pans out, it could result in something interesting.
MariAquaria
Somewhat familiar

Postby player1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:53 pm

Halcyon wrote:
I know that it's possible to make multiplayer games with RPG Maker MV, but I haven't tried that yet.

Thankfully.. i mean, one nee is enough for your game's setting. :V

either way, if it's better than BYOND and as easy to use as RPG maker, why not?
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dreamstars » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 am

That can be very fun ^^, for a theme, why not a classical medieval fantasy?
Dreamstars
New to the forum

Postby mr_dawg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:35 am

I understand the new project excitement, but MMOs require an insane amount of work. There's a reason no vore MMO exists yet and it's not because no one thought to make one.
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:39 am

Well, vore RPG's are nothing new to be honest, and the medieval setting is pretty normal setting in many games here (followed by modern age). So the setting is standard then, but that doesnt mean its no good. Many of the best games we have here are placed in the medieval age.
Multiplayer is nothing many would use as far as I have seen in other games (and I know I wouldnt use online features too). Some games tried to focus on online, but hardly anyone used that, so you kept playing against inactive players or some who just grinded themself to an OP state.
Well, the engine looks like an alternative for RPG Maker, as Eclipse seems to be free, so I'd give it a try if I hadn't RPG Maker MV already.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FutureBellyAche » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:41 am

MMO's are the single most expensive genre to develop for. Well traditional at least, it would be way easier and realistic to develop a Multi-user dungeon kinda thing. or a MUD.
Which now that I think about it, there totally are vore role play muds. But the server costs alone for an mmo would probably dissuade most.

To be honest something even cooler than a vore mmo, would be vore in vr chat. dunno the possibilities at all, but I'd be way more interested in seeing that.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby estel » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:09 am

While eclipse is not a hard thing to work with make sure you have the means to have a server running

Also take in mind that no matter how much effort you put on an mmo made with eclipse, it will be a really shitty one, like a mediocre rpg maker game except laggy and with no text scenes

Even then it would be hard to keep things interesting for people to keep playing, so the number of players will be low until you get forced to shutdown the servers because there would be no players

But if you dont mind those.. go for it

Edit: forgot to mention: this opinion is dated 2005 or so, i have no idea if the eclipse engine is bettwr now
estel
Been posting for a bit

Postby chocobun » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:28 am

How about a wasteland setting?
chocobun
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game