How many of us have access to VR?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

How accessible is VR vore game to you?

I have access to a room scale headset (Vive, Current Oculus, Etc.)
38%
I have access to a non room scale headset (Original Oculus, Pimax, Etc.)
5%
I have access to one of those phone goggle things.
15%
I do not have access to any VR system.
40%
I would not use VR for vore games.
2%

Total votes : 303

Re: How many of us have access to VR?

Postby Komsomol » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:57 pm

This comparison is irrelevant; VR isn't just a new gimmicky type of monitor, it is a new way of experiencing digital media, completely nonexistent until recently, and extremely versatile for all kinds of usage. Flight sticks are just a type of a controller, one among many others, and it is only good for a certain (not very popular) type of games.
Komsomol
Participator

Postby Jaxed » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:30 pm

Komsomol wrote:it is only good for a certain (not very popular) type of games.

cough
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:31 pm

Komsomol wrote:This comparison is irrelevant; VR isn't just a new gimmicky type of monitor, it is a new way of experiencing digital media, completely nonexistent until recently, and extremely versatile for all kinds of usage. Flight sticks are just a type of a controller, one among many others, and it is only good for a certain (not very popular) type of games.

Still, its no proof that it will be sucessfull. When the Wii was released, some said the same thing about this (and movement/kinect controll). It would revolutionise gaming, controlling your char as if you were the char and all.
Well, I can't realy see much of motion controll in any game today, just some minor things like move a map, and the movement games are (to be honest) mostly crap with fumbly controll and all.

Another example: 2008 somethign called holographic versatile disks should have been released, but due to some financial and other problems, the work got delayed and then canceled 2010, so the disks never got released. They would have been capable of storing about 3.7 terabyte of data, so they could have beaten blue ray disks, and could even store more than most HDD's today.

Just because its good (in the eyes of some) doesnt mean it WILL be a huge sucess.
Thats why i say time will show, and I won't pay that much money as long as there is not enough content to make it worth.
Also, later VR devices just can get better^^
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Crazyman536 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:40 am

Komsomol wrote:This comparison is irrelevant; VR isn't just a new gimmicky type of monitor, it is a new way of experiencing digital media, completely nonexistent until recently, and extremely versatile for all kinds of usage. Flight sticks are just a type of a controller, one among many others, and it is only good for a certain (not very popular) type of games.

Actually that's false. VR has been in the gaming industry for well over a decade, or to be more specific, the early 90's. VR hasn't had a good gaming run until more recent years where the technology can more effectively run it. So the question is simple, will this time succeed where previous vr systems failed? or will this set of vr turn into a flop as well? In my opinion, it looks like it may actually stick around this time. Both the technology and affordability are there now, as well as how much easier it is to advertise this sort of thing compared to when all this started. Also, no I do not have a VR headset. gonna wait a good while for it to actually be worthwhile to get one.

for those that may be curious, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality
for the headset info, search 1968. for games, search sega.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 am

Oof, not much point in mentioning pre-Oculus Rift Kickstarter VR headsets. There is such a thing as releasing something before the market is ready. VR now, the prices are dropping, resolutions are raising and there's more than one company making a half-assed effort towards producing them, so I'm willing to bet money that VR is here to stay and flourish, it's just going to take a little time before they become commonplace.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mermidion » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:53 am

AnonymousRandomAnon wrote:Oof, not much point in mentioning pre-Oculus Rift Kickstarter VR headsets. There is such a thing as releasing something before the market is ready. VR now, the prices are dropping, resolutions are raising and there's more than one company making a half-assed effort towards producing them, so I'm willing to bet money that VR is here to stay and flourish, it's just going to take a little time before they become commonplace.

Funny you should mention the Oculus Rift Kickstarter. didn't they promise in the Preview Videos back than that there VR-headset would be commonplace once Released cause it would be very ->cheap<- so anybody could afford it? to bad they never followed through on that one.
Mermidion
Somewhat familiar

Postby MachineEgg » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Emi wrote:How do you think, will this type of vore content be interesting for people?:)
With some subtle animations and spatial audio that would be amazing! Especially since it could run on phone VR without issue so it would have maximum exposure.

EtPerMun wrote:I don't think it's going to be particularly interesting for preds...
That depends on if you are a macro predator or not. Because I can attest that looking down on a miniature city in VR is awesome:)

Mermidion wrote:Funny you should mention the Oculus Rift Kickstarter. didn't they promise in the Preview Videos back than that there VR-headset would be commonplace once Released cause it would be very ->cheap<- so anybody could afford it? to bad they never followed through on that one.
To be fair, the original oculus kickstarter was for a headset that was little better than a google cardboard, and those are only $10. The issue is that people wanted better, more immersive systems, which are way cool, but also way more expensive. Hopefully, the competition from the dozens of headsets slated to come out this year will finally force the price down to where the cool stuff (room scale, OLED displays, wireless headsets, etc.) are actually affordable to everyone.

Also, at what price would you consider them to be affordable?
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby ian66613 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:51 pm

I do not, and probably won't the rest of my life, have access to a VR headset. Considering I first want to save up money to get a new smartphone (unlocked, so I can use it on tracfone's network; meaning over 700 USD probably.) As well as save money to get a gaming laptop in a couple years to replace my current desktop that I built myself. (Currently it's cheaper to buy pre-built due to the rise of GPU prices due to bitcoin miner demand.) Considering I only make about 800 USD a month, this will take quite a while.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 am

@Mermidion and @MachineEgg
Don't forget that everything got flipped upside down when Facebook got involved. Plans changed, budgets changed, distribution changed.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Akendolfr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:13 am

I've considered getting one for a while now. I do have a VR capable PC, but I don't have the ability to drop £400-600 at a whim, plus I'm unsure if my apartment is big enough to use Room Scale effectively. Vorre is certainly something I would use it for, but for the price I'd need a lot more than that.

If RPing with VR became possible then that'd certainly grow my interest .3.
Check out my lovely big gay derg at: https://aryion.com/g4/view/659441
Akendolfr
Somewhat familiar

Postby TentacleTuesday » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

After seeing the Vive Pro announced at CES this year my hopes for VR have never been higher. They have already solved the issue of wireless, and the better resolution screens that are implemented help reduce the motion sickness problem and the headset has never been more immersive. The more units sold the greater demand for software, and not just for gaming. The best part of VR is the number of applications it can be used for, education and improved social interaction come to mind first but the technology is only limited by the software developers. After seeing VR Chat the first time I couldn't help but picture a version where vore role play was a focus~ As harsh as it sounds most of the VR stuff we have is not much better than a tech demo, but it is proof that VR is more of a possibility now than ever before. I aspire to get into game design, so maybe after I get through my four year degree the technology will be where it needs to, but into I watch over the industry with a youthful sense of optimism and glee. Also I am waiting til at least the Vive Pro releases and HTC makes better controllers to get my stuff. Maybe by then the fucksticks raising the prices of GPUs with cyrptomining will all fall off a cliff or something so I can finally build a VR capable rig for a reasonable price, lol
TentacleTuesday
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:23 pm

I don't have any VR hardware yet, unless we count in a Google Cardboard thingie in which I can put my Android phone. I haven't gotten one yet for two reasons: No money (honestly there's not one that's cheaper than 400$) and no mainstream open-source code platform (Oculus, Vive, etc. have their own proprietary code whereas I deal mostly in open-source software).
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Zimmiebell » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:08 pm

A bit late on the discussion but I just found this site, so, Hi everyone! I remember in the 90's the only way to experience "VR" was in one of those large pod things at the mall that costed 10's of thousands to buy. So, I'd say we've already made huge leaps in affordability. And while yes, right now, there isn't a whole lot of content, I can see where this will easily move out of the realm of niche and into major production. Keep in mind, a lot of people pay $600 for a cell phone now. Which is what I payed for my vive. As for this topic, could you imagine a game like, say, Demon Angel Sakura where you were playing first person in VR? I don't know how feasible that is. I'm a security girl, not a programmer, but...I'd re-buy my vive's just for that! ;)
Zimmiebell
New to the forum

Postby Orosaki » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:14 pm

I could probably use a headset if i had one since i am very difficult to disorient.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 am

Dude when are you going to rewrite your OP? You sound like you cant even speak English, and are just using Google Translate, when I know for a FACT that you are infact a Native English Speaker.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:22 am

Anyone with a smartphone has access to one of those phone goggle things as you can find instructions online to build them out of cardboard boxes you can nick from behind big box stores. :)
blergle
---

Postby Shortpig » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:25 am

Anesthetic wrote:Dude when are you going to rewrite your OP? You sound like you cant even speak English, and are just using Google Translate, when I know for a FACT that you are infact a Native English Speaker.

I'm not sure what you're confused about. Its perfectly legible English. Maybe a rewording would help you?
I want to gauge how many users a Virtual Reality vore game or interactive would be usable for.

This is essentially the equivalent of the question, "How many users would be able to use a Virtual Reality vore game or interactive?"
If you have multiple VR Headsets, then select the highest option on the list (as a room scale can do what a non room scale can, and both can do what the phone can.)

This is essentially instructions for those that own multiple headsets to select the option for the VR Headset with the highest functionality. I'm not savvy as to what the different kinds are, myself, but it's not difficult to figure out the intentions here.
It's pretty self evident, as well as terse and to the point, if you ask me.
Shortpig
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:31 am

Crazyman536 wrote:

Actually that's false. VR has been in the gaming industry for well over a decade, or to be more specific, the early 90's. VR hasn't had a good gaming run until more recent years where the technology can more effectively run it. So the question is simple, will this time succeed where previous vr systems failed? or will this set of vr turn into a flop as well? In my opinion, it looks like it may actually stick around this time. Both the technology and affordability are there now, as well as how much easier it is to advertise this sort of thing compared to when all this started. Also, no I do not have a VR headset. gonna wait a good while for it to actually be worthwhile to get one.

for those that may be curious, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality
for the headset info, search 1968. for games, search sega.

Yea the biggest failed console to ever exist the virtual boy was an attempt at vr. When you compare the wii u to the virtual boy the wii u was a huge success. Of couirse compared to any decent console the wi u is still a failure.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kirah » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:30 pm

I actually have a VR Set. It's becoming more affordable and more viable. Unfortunately, there isn't much VR vore content. I've only seen one so far, and it was a giantess POV thing that was a little buggy.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby formaldehyde » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 pm

i dont have any vr stuff but my recently built gaming rigs more than ready for it with a gtx 1080. im balkin at the price of vr itself tho, i wanna try it but if it turns out i dont like it or get sick then thats five hundred or so down the toilet for nothing. and if i want a vive pro... sweet jebus. have you seen the price on that dam thing??? and its just the headset!

sure i spent two grand on this machine but it was a guaranteed investment cuz i know for a goddam fact im gonna be able to run any game on 4k without a problem.
formaldehyde
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game