How many of us have access to VR?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

How accessible is VR vore game to you?

I have access to a room scale headset (Vive, Current Oculus, Etc.)
38%
I have access to a non room scale headset (Original Oculus, Pimax, Etc.)
5%
I have access to one of those phone goggle things.
15%
I do not have access to any VR system.
40%
I would not use VR for vore games.
2%

Total votes : 303

How many of us have access to VR?

Postby MachineEgg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:01 am

I want to gauge how many users a Virtual Reality vore game or interactive would be usable for. If you have multiple VR Headsets, then select the highest option on the list (as a room scale can do what a non room scale can, and both can do what the phone can.)
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Re: How many of us have access to VR?

Postby Morkeleb » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:45 am

You forgot to add a last choice:

"VR makes me physically ill due to motion sickness."
Morkeleb
Somewhat familiar

Postby vorelover55 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:22 am

I'm getting a vive, when I get back to the US
vorelover55
New to the forum

Postby MachineEgg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 am

Morkeleb wrote:You forgot to add a last choice:

Ah, yes. The horrible nausea bit...

I'm gonna say that would fall under "I would not use VR for vore games," as that option is for people who have no interest in any VR vore experience.
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:40 am

I would be interested, but a good VR system is expensive, and there is not too much you can do with them right now. All I have is a VR player, so you can watch VR videos on a normal screen and just drag the video and turn the camera with the mouse.
Do you know the harpy girl vore VR? ( http://www.dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/ ... 04663.html )
I think that was something well made, as it gave the user the option to use VR if you have it, but also non VR users could play it. I know that thats no easy task and all, already creating VR content must be hell of work, but I am just writing my thoughts down here.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wisecrack3 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:42 am

For anyone looking for cheap VR look into the acer nitros 5 laptop, official recognized by Oculus and only cost around 600 bucks
Mimes are vampires who wear makeup to avoid the sunlight, only able to speak safely in the dark
wisecrack3
Been posting for a bit

Postby Komsomol » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:32 am

In the future, every vore fan will own some sort of VR equipment, because it is the closest you can get to actually experiencing vore. There isn't much stuff right now, but what you can already do is worth all the high price.
Komsomol
Participator

Postby tupong » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:00 am

Not every vore fan.
tupong
New to the forum

Postby EtPerMun » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:03 am

Komsomol wrote:In the future, every vore fan will own some sort of VR equipment, because it is the closest you can get to actually experiencing vore. There isn't much stuff right now, but what you can already do is worth all the high price.

I don't think it's going to be particularly interesting for preds...
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:47 am

wisecrack3 wrote:For anyone looking for cheap VR look into the acer nitros 5 laptop, official recognized by Oculus and only cost around 600 bucks

The computer is one thing, but an oculus rift costs again 450 bucks. And there aren't too many games for VR devices that are realy worth it in my opinion, and 450 Euro just for a few little vore games...
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Emi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 am

I have HTC Vive and my nearest plans are to make some VR vore content.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby Emi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am

Morkeleb wrote:You forgot to add a last choice:

It's a thing you are getting used to, just spend more time in VR and it will be better and better from time to time:)
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby MachineEgg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

For anybody looking for cheaper VR, the "Windows Mixed Reality" headsets are $200-250 on Amazon right now. Mine is still in the mail so I can't attest to the quality, and it definitely isn't going to be as good as a Vive, but for about a third of the price for a room scale system it looked like a good deal to me. (Also when the Vive pro launches in a couple months the old Vives will probably be cheaper too.)
Last edited by MachineEgg on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby Komsomol » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:49 am

"I don't think it will be so interesting". "But it doesn't offer enough for its price". "There aren't enough applications".
All the same arguments that people were having in 2007 regarding the first iPhone, and at many times they were right! The VR technology might still be at its infancy, but it already crossed the line between an experiment and a well-defined product. It cannot be stopped, VR titles gain more attention, big studios add VR support to their games, there are VR sculpting tools, VR painting tools, VR animation tools. It doesn't matter if you're sceptical about VR. Within a few years, big companies will be fighting each other to shove another VR headset down your throat, just like they made all of you own smartphones. And you will have one, because everybody else will, and you wouldn't want to feel left out.
Komsomol
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:58 am

Komsomol wrote:"I don't think it will be so interesting". "But it doesn't offer enough for its price". "There aren't enough applications".
All the same arguments that people were having in 2007 regarding the first iPhone, and at many times they were right! The VR technology might still be at its infancy, but it already crossed the line between an experiment and a well-defined product. It cannot be stopped, VR titles gain more attention, big studios add VR support to their games, there are VR sculpting tools, VR painting tools, VR animation tools. It doesn't matter if you're sceptical about VR. Within a few years, big companies will be fighting each other to shove another VR headset down your throat, just like they made all of you own smartphones. And you will have one, because everybody else will, and you wouldn't want to feel left out.

Sure, but why should I get the IPhone 1 now, with fewer possiblities and all, when I can get a an IPhone 3 and have actual things I can do with it?
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Emi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:01 am

Komsomol wrote:"I don't think it will be so interesting". "But it doesn't offer enough for its price". "There aren't enough applications".

I second this, VR definitely has a big potential and even though the technology is not perfect yet, the quality will improve very fast in this point. I bought Vive recently and sure it worthed it.

Not sure that this is a correct topic to ask, but well... I still would like to. Do you guys know is it possible and, if it is, how to make your Vive headset identify youtube videos? There is much good content on Youtube which is marked "VR" and "3D" which means that the video can be watched in stereoscopic mode. In descriptions of some videos I saw something kinda "Watch this video in your headset", but once I put it on nothing happens. Looking for answers, I've found this: https://webvr.info/

So it says that I need a special browser for viewing videos. OK, I installed Firefox Nightly as they recommend, and it worked with several sites. For example, this one now works fine, this means that my Vive detects the browser content. But it still doesn't want to let me view VR videos on youtube.

Returning to the topic, I just wanted to say that the purpose why I'm so interested in youtube as the video source, it's all for vore. I'm already rendering my animated 360 degree vore videos, but I have no idea how to prepare them for comfortable viewing in VR sets. I thought, Youtube would be the best way, but I can't even test it as it doesn't work on my end.
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby Miridium » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:27 am

I'm too poor to do anything with virtual reality. :(
Miridium
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MachineEgg » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:36 am

Emi wrote:Not sure that this is a correct topic to ask, but well... I still would like to. Do you guys know is it possible and, if it is, how to make your Vive headset identify youtube videos? There is much good content on Youtube which is marked "VR" and "3D" which means that the video can be watched in stereoscopic mode. In descriptions of some videos I saw something kinda "Watch this video in your headset", but once I put it on nothing happens. Looking for answers, I've found this: https://webvr.info/

So it says that I need a special browser for viewing videos. OK, I installed Firefox Nightly as they recommend, and it worked with several sites. For example, this one now works fine, this means that my Vive detects the browser content. But it still doesn't want to let me view VR videos on youtube.

Returning to the topic, I just wanted to say that the purpose why I'm so interested in youtube as the video source, it's all for vore. I'm already rendering my animated 360 degree vore videos, but I have no idea how to prepare them for comfortable viewing in VR sets. I thought, Youtube would be the best way, but I can't even test it as it doesn't work on my end.

Google released a VR youtube app on Steam about a month ago, have you tried that? http://store.steampowered.com/app/755770/YouTube_VR/
MachineEgg
Been posting for a bit

Postby Emi » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:46 am

MachineEgg wrote:Google released a VR youtube app on Steam about a month ago, have you tried that? http://store.steampowered.com/app/755770/YouTube_VR/

Sounds interesting, I'll check it, thanks!

How do you think, will this type of vore content be interesting for people?:)
ImageImage
Emi
???

Postby Jaxed » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:15 pm

VR can certainly have possibilities, but until the price drops for the equipment, it will always be a niche market. See also $300 flight sticks to be used in heavy simulation. They've been around since at least the late 90s, so you at least don't have to worry about VR going anytime soon. Even on a niche market, it can keep afloat for decades.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game