Was there a new game since Barbftr?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Was there a new game since Barbftr?

Postby Krieg » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am

Hi all!

I don't normally start topics, though something's been on my mind recently. For those of you aware, there's a somewhat old-ish flash game called 'Barbftr' with a somewhat more recently 'Panftr' deviation (that focuses on endo) but it's clear that the amount of work being put into it from 3 years ago is nowhere near what's happening now, which I'm not sure why but it is quite the pity.

Part of me is thinking that some other game akin to this may've popped up that I'm not aware of, though I'm not sure if I missed it! I come here quite often (though I lurk far more often than I post) and haven't seen anything here nor on FurAffinity (that has a majority of the barb/panftr content). These are the ones I know of:

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14865343/ The 2015 monster maker by the original creator, ImaginaryZ (big thanks for getting this whole thing rolling, if you read it!)
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8840199/ alsnapz (massive) enemy pack
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/15190929/ Superflame's monster pack
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/18990129/ EMShifter's Barbftr
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17762653/ un-nain-connue's Barbftr
Then Blue did something but he took it down because too many people were bothering him so now he's doing something else

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17371095/ Panftr also by Alsnapz

First off, big credit to all the artists/coders etc who helped make this into what it eventually became! Though I'm just hoping that I've missed something else that may have gained popularity instead of this or the sort because to be honest, this was a pretty neat community project that a number of people worked on and contributed towards! If there's something like this, lemme know.

If not, ah well. All good things eventually come to and end, I suppose.
Krieg
Participator

Re: Was there a new game since Barbftr?

Postby coop500 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:42 am

Far as I know, no, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Writer of wholesome fandom M/F vore.
Current character focus: Chris Redfield!
coop500
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:11 am

There was one thing that I saw, which was a version that was all sprites using the same background as normal Barbftr, it was called Barbftr sprite edition or something like that. Not sure though. Alsnapz is working on something new that's also similar to Panftr now, but it will probably be a while before anything comes from that.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ladre » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 pm

theres a thing called I8U..... coming soon i guess
ladre
Participator

Postby Xexy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:10 pm

Blu reposted his game but isnt going to do anything with it
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/20036048/

He also made two beast brawler games which use the system for barbftr
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/24578227/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/24335377/
Xexy
Been posting for a bit

Postby ImaginaryZ » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:28 pm

@Krieg, Glad you liked it! It was definitely a labor of love, lol. And thanks everyone who helped make it what it is; without the people working with that crazy system we wouldn't have all the amazing things we have now.

I think someone around here curated a huge list in a thread ( viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38921 )

As long as we have the offline projector for flash (Archive your copies now, folks) *ftr should be playable as standalone, but I don't think it's long for the web. I guess you can say, the problem is that I was unable to get anything that could replace flash (not exactly true, but if I could twist everyone's arm into using blender we would have had this done by now...) although I was able to completely reverse engineer the format, nothing could render it (flash has a unique rasterizing engine NOT replicatable in HTML5 canvas/gecko. More specifically, only lines can't exist without more very difficult work. Everything else I got working.). And the flash we are using isn't exactly stable/supported, and it's quite difficult to still use reliably; and with the looming deadline of flash plugin support stopping, and with the amazing advent of WebGL, work moved into the "Can we get a better engine". Not only that, but flash is garbage when it comes to workflow so, we need better creation tools to boot!!

I've done a LOT of work off screen (AiR, HTML5, WebGL, Unity, Unreal4, libGDX, native, etc...), and I've been wondering if I should start being more visible again; things are better in my life now. Some of the most promising things are Node.js + HTML5 / three.js as networked game platforms in your browser; but they are a bit too slow for interesting games as research as shown, but could work for simple ones. I've built some games with the aforementioned kits, but was not happy with them. I recently made a HTML5 character creator + engine combo for making a top down shooter with vore critters, but that's WIP. As of a week or so ago, I began messing with Godot, and it seems very promising. More to come on that, especially once their .apk export truly works (target is 3.1 release later this year).

I'm debating putting the HTML5 project on a github and trying my hand at a more open, modular community project; It's rather interesting to think about but, I don't know yet. I'd need a team, just like barbftr I think. Ideas???

Have a good one!

-Z
Loving-Ultra-Cuddle-Soft-Vore aficionado;
Fur Affinity
Deviant Art
YouTube
Nothing worth doing is easy!
ImaginaryZ
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Alsnapz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:25 am

Figure I should chip in here, since I'm so often silent.

The Sprite version, along with a few other offshoots, were made my http://www.furaffinity.net/user/67vorelover67/

Most recent:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/26415943/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16214962/

As far as I'm aware, nothing else has come along to take up Barbftr's mantle. Barbftr itself has gotten less attention from the folks who work on it for a large variety of reasons, although Superflame and EMS still occasionally update.
Hey guys look, it's the REAL Alsnapz

I haven't posted anything here in forever but whatever: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/alsnapz/
Alsnapz
Been posting for a bit

Postby xmarkx » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:14 pm

ImaginaryZ wrote:
I've done a LOT of work off screen (AiR, HTML5, WebGL, Unity, Unreal4, libGDX, native, etc...), and I've been wondering if I should start being more visible again; things are better in my life now. Some of the most promising things are Node.js + HTML5 / three.js as networked game platforms in your browser; but they are a bit too slow for interesting games as research as shown, but could work for simple ones. I've built some games with the aforementioned kits, but was not happy with them. I recently made a HTML5 character creator + engine combo for making a top down shooter with vore critters, but that's WIP. As of a week or so ago, I began messing with Godot, and it seems very promising. More to come on that, especially once their .apk export truly works (target is 3.1 release later this year).

I'm debating putting the HTML5 project on a github and trying my hand at a more open, modular community project; It's rather interesting to think about but, I don't know yet. I'd need a team, just like barbftr I think. Ideas???

Have a good one!

-Z

Come back to us Z, the community needs you.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 pm

ImaginaryZ wrote:@Krieg, Glad you liked it! It was definitely a labor of love, lol. And thanks everyone who helped make it what it is; without the people working with that crazy system we wouldn't have all the amazing things we have now.

I think someone around here curated a huge list in a thread ( viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38921 )

As long as we have the offline projector for flash (Archive your copies now, folks) *ftr should be playable as standalone, but I don't think it's long for the web. I guess you can say, the problem is that I was unable to get anything that could replace flash (not exactly true, but if I could twist everyone's arm into using blender we would have had this done by now...) although I was able to completely reverse engineer the format, nothing could render it (flash has a unique rasterizing engine NOT replicatable in HTML5 canvas/gecko. More specifically, only lines can't exist without more very difficult work. Everything else I got working.). And the flash we are using isn't exactly stable/supported, and it's quite difficult to still use reliably; and with the looming deadline of flash plugin support stopping, and with the amazing advent of WebGL, work moved into the "Can we get a better engine". Not only that, but flash is garbage when it comes to workflow so, we need better creation tools to boot!!

Have a good one!

-Z

Hey Z! I'm really glad to see you about, I was really glad when you released the original Brbftr because of just how different it was from anything else that was being offered at the time. Then came the updated systems (much later) that blew up into what we know today. I've literally scoured what sources I could find since the Furaffinity journal update before posting this topic just to try and not be a butt. Though I'm glad to read that you're in a better place now!

I had a feeling you were tampering with a lot of things while you were going silent, glad to see I wasn't wrong. I saw someone posting something about Godot and that there is some garnering interest towards it, so hopefully it should be good! Considering you managed to get a bit of a team going on Barbftr, I'd say it would be pretty good to get other folk involved to help turn the wheel, so to speak. Though that depends on you, how you like to work etc.

A bit more on Godot, isn't the .apk file format for android? What would you be planning to do with that?

Alsnapz wrote:Figure I should chip in here, since I'm so often silent.

As far as I'm aware, nothing else has come along to take up Barbftr's mantle. Barbftr itself has gotten less attention from the folks who work on it for a large variety of reasons, although Superflame and EMS still occasionally update.

Al! You're here too, oh snaps ahaha terrible pun how's your animating mojo coming along? I saw your more recent animations and they're really looking slick, I'm excited to see what more you push out when you're up for it.
Krieg
Participator

Postby ladre » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:42 pm

i also noticed quite few artist out there throwing some bases for modeling purposes

also whoa Z is not ded.....or al
ladre
Participator

Postby Alsnapz » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:17 am

Nah we ain't dead. World's tried, god knows, but we're still kicking.

Animations are probably best they've ever been but as a result they take longer than ever. x-x And with work kicking my arse I don't usually have a lotta motivation to fight with flash.
I post shorter things very very infrequently on twitter from time to time, more major updates on FA.
Hey guys look, it's the REAL Alsnapz

I haven't posted anything here in forever but whatever: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/alsnapz/
Alsnapz
Been posting for a bit

Postby ladre » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:25 pm

f.a is blocked for me( blame parents)

btw.... do you plan to create some sort of schedule for streaming :?: considering you work a lot
ladre
Participator

Postby LittlePred » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:34 am

So has there ever been a barbftr type thing with pred options? The character in the blu version has a bite so I was hoping, but no dice there either. The beast brawler ones have a controlled option, but I can't figure out what it actually does or how to work it, plus even then there's no player AI.
LittlePred
New to the forum

Postby ladre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:28 am

LittlePred wrote:So has there ever been a barbftr type thing with pred options? The character in the blu version has a bite so I was hoping, but no dice there either. The beast brawler ones have a controlled option, but I can't figure out what it actually does or how to work it, plus even then there's no player AI.

blu has a lot of projects, but most are archived due to lack of help or people annoying him

few people helping him, but the same ones sometimes or most of the time get burnout.
ladre
Participator

Return to Vore game