Wanted - RPG Maker XP sprite artist(s), willing to pay money

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Wanted - RPG Maker XP sprite artist(s), willing to pay money

Postby Aces » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:47 am

I'm trying to work on a game, but I have zero art assets beyond various crap I've downloaded from the internet. I need somebody who is willing to help me with numerous sprite assets ranging from simple templates to short vore animations.

The problem is the usual route of getting commissions, which is just asking people directly, has so far been met with "sorry I'm not doing commissions right now".

So instead, I'm posting an advertisement for it. If you're interested, post below with some of your past work. You could also just private message me but it's possible that other programmers are trying to find artists as well.

These are my own current needs (must be a consistent art style) and I am willing to pay for them:
- Templates for humans, which already exist in a million places online. I just want some extra clothing and hair options.
- Templates for nagas, which exists nowhere at the moment.
- Templates for centaurs, which also exists nowhere.
- Templates for cowtaurs (both with and without udders), which again, exists nowhere.
- Templates for mermaids and mersharks.
- Templates for mini-giant/giantess sprites.
- Sprites for a wide variety of items.
- All templates must be white as their base, so I can use color-multiply in photoshop to mix and match them.
- All templates must be in .psd (photoshop file) as layered images, so I can overlap them easily when needed just by hiding/revealing layers and saving the image.

Anyone interested, post an example of your work, or create one in the style of RPG maker.

For reference, this is the art style I'm aiming towards. I need someone able to do more than just humans, because human sprite templates are dime a dozen and I'm not paying someone just to click around in a sprite generator tool. :U

Spoiler: show
Naga example

Centaur and various animals

Younger/smaller centaur example though I prefer big centaurs

Some bears. Various animals are fine too.

Normal sized human for scale.
Last edited by Aces on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Wanted - RPG Maker XP sprite artist(s), willing to pay m

Postby ParallelBlack » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:00 am

Sounds pretty interesting. I'm no professional but I'm willing to contribute if you need more than one person. I don't have all my pixel stuff here since most of it is SFW, but here's a link: https://derpibooru.org/search?q=artist% ... Cpixel+art
ParallelBlack
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aces » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

Right now I need an assload of templates and animations for a fantasy setting.

So, I propose a test. Just to see what people are capable of. Do something--anything--in the style of RPG Maker XP. It doesn't have to be fantasy and assume I'm not using it in my game.

I'll update my original post shortly.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cilis » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:23 pm

I'd suggest having a simple scene in mind as a test case for artists. Pirate cove, or maybe a jungle, a naga lair. This'd let your artist show off character art and object art as well as a cohesive style. Similar to the tasks I was challenged with in a 3D asset hiring group. It's a lot easier for potential artists to work if you're not giving them the blank slate problem.
Cilis
Participator

Postby Icalasari » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:10 am

What even is the pay? Honestly I've made my own RPGXP assets years ago, including a naga (although this was *ages* ago so I likely no longer have them)
Icalasari
New to the forum

Postby Aces » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 am

Icalasari wrote:What even is the pay? Honestly I've made my own RPGXP assets years ago, including a naga (although this was *ages* ago so I likely no longer have them)

It's negotiable. The rate I seem to find online elsewhere for a full character is $5 a frame. Multiply that by 12, that's $60 a sprite sheet. However, that's for a full character. A lot of what I am going to be requesting involves breaking up the character into multiple layers, different hair styles, etc. If you're just making one part of a sprite, like hair for example, then $1 a frame. Each will need 12 frames so that's still at least $12 a sprite sheet.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby polyedit2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Hm, I should try that. Granted, I have VX Ace, but money.
polyedit2000
Participator

Postby Aces » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:49 pm

polyedit2000 wrote:Hm, I should try that. Granted, I have VX Ace, but money.

I'm actually building my game in VX Ace but I hate the tiny chibi sprites. I want sprites in the XP style.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NovaBlair » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:07 am

im learning the trade, willing to contribute, if i get a version at the end of it. no need to pay me
NovaBlair
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game