Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.3.0.3 - Contest Update)

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 21, 2018 7:10 pm

I SHOULD mention that I'm not experiencing the bullboy bug like Malachi(I've already gone through that once), OR the contest bug that MasterGryph experienced(Though I've only done one so far with my first harpy that had about 100 beauty, and won.)

Hey, JUST reputation and happiness for winning a contest doesn't seem like... well... enough of a reward, it's a CONTEST, you know what those usually have? Cash Prizes! Or other kinds of rewards, the reputation increase is fine as a secondary result, and after feeding and sexing up a particular girl, her happiness is full anyway. SO maybe an actual reward for the contests? like 1000 gold(or what currency we're using), or 10-20 items of a super awesome food that we can't buy?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 21, 2018 7:13 pm

Sulac wrote:
colin1221 wrote:when I open a menu the black part of the screen keeps the menu open until I leave

I'm going to need a screenshot of this. Your description is too vague for me to go off of. Which menu are you talking about?

I think they're report that safe image bleeding effect I presented to you way back(Which I myself AM still experiencing). On the right side of the screen, just a little graphical bug, but nothing game breaking, it even goes away after entering or leaving a building.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Sulac » Mon May 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I SHOULD mention that I'm not experiencing the bullboy bug like Malachi(I've already gone through that once), OR the contest bug that MasterGryph experienced(Though I've only done one so far with my first harpy that had about 100 beauty, and won.)

Hey, JUST reputation and happiness for winning a contest doesn't seem like... well... enough of a reward, it's a CONTEST, you know what those usually have? Cash Prizes! Or other kinds of rewards, the reputation increase is fine as a secondary result, and after feeding and sexing up a particular girl, her happiness is full anyway. SO maybe an actual reward for the contests? like 1000 gold(or what currency we're using), or 10-20 items of a super awesome food that we can't buy?

I... had actually completely forgotten to add the cash prize. I was so excited about finally finishing up the contests that I only put in the reputation and happiness changes before releasing. That's been fixed, though beauty contests have an entry fee as well now.

Kavvanshrike wrote:new version new bugs, eggs stay around on lamias even though child is already born but dissapears eventually. So not game breaking.
edit: spoke too soon, the fake pregnancy still makes them unavailable for participating in contests and selling.

Redownload v0.3.0.3. I uploaded it without fully implementing the reduced pregnancy times, which resulted in the bug you just reported. I caught the bug myself before you did, and did a shadow update.

Monster girls from prior versions will still be affected by the "fake" pregnancy period, though newly born and purchased ones should work fine.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Oh yeah, I didn't get an answer to what alcohol is for?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Sulac » Mon May 21, 2018 9:34 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Oh yeah, I didn't get an answer to what alcohol is for?

Alcohol can be fed to Monster Girls like any other food item. It provides a larger stat boost than other items (though still not as high as being fed another monster girl), and increases Happiness more as well. However, alcohol also reduces the Monster Girl's health a bit.

Related to that, Medicine from the grocer can be fed to Monster Girls to improve their health. It provides no stat bonuses, and doesn't fill hunger, but it recovers Health while lowering Happiness. Medicine cannot be used on Monster Girls with at least 60% Health (they're not sick enough for it).
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby ripleysonic » Mon May 21, 2018 10:06 pm

############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,9] out of range [6,-1] - -5.stud(100002,192009)
at gml_Script_scp_next_day
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_next_day (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_bed_Alarm_0

I had all four types mating at the same time when I went to bed then this message appeared. Follow by it crashing.
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.3.0.2 - Contest Update)

Postby MalachiXX » Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Kavvanshrike wrote:yeah I'm having the bullboy bug too...only its not just bullboys my male harpy is broken too..yes i do think i may have had the female in question win a contest before my boys bugged out on them. you can basically tell the bug is happening when the boy's sprite goes missing when you send them to breed and breeding girl does nothing(no breeding animation)...exit the game if this happens because all saves are automatic.
EDIT: bug happens quite consistently when i get males to breed with a contest winner during the same day after said win(only really tested harpies and cows)

Sulac,

This is exactly what happened to me. The first time I used my Bull Boy, I accidently bred him to a pregnant Cow Girl - so nothing happened (but the animation worked!). The next day I bred him to my non-pregnant Cow Girl, after she had won the beauty contest and suddenly his avatar was gone. Checking up on her said "X is going to have a fun night..." There were no "Sex Sounds" that night and the next morning his avatar didn't return. From then on, he was listed as Busy. If I tried to breed him it said "he is already breeding with someone..." If I tried to sell him it said " He is busy..." His demand for food continued but he was unavailable to do anything (always busy) and unable to be sold, vored or bred.

Hope this helps you figure it out. Until then I will either not participate in the contests or not breed my males with any of my females.

Malachi
The prey that rests together, digests together!
MalachiXX
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Tue May 22, 2018 1:31 am

The arena should also have a dark side too. The vore arena where only the strong don't get eaten.

The vore arena can give your girls fairly big boosts to their stats but you also kind of risk their lives doing so if they have low strength and stamina. The vore arena has an entry fee but the rewards for winning are increased stats and money and at higher levels digestants.

Every round a girl goes the opponent gets stronger and the chances your monster girl comes out the victor becomes less and less, but the higher her stats in strength and stamina the better her chances are for winning. The arena gives out a special digestant item as a reward after so many fights which when fed to a monster girl increases her hunger greatly but also makes her digest whatever prey she already has in her stomach too allowing you to feed another monster girl to her..
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ItWasInstinct » Tue May 22, 2018 3:26 am

Is there any way to mute the music? It's lovely but I'm used to playing my own in the background.
Anyways, great work on the game! I can tell you're putting a lot of work into it; it's paying off :D
ItWasInstinct
New to the forum

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.3.0.4 - Contest Update)

Postby Sulac » Tue May 22, 2018 2:00 pm

Here's another release. I found various holes in the breeding code that may or may not have been contributing to our missing monster boys and crashes. I also redid how the game stores and displays NPC dialogue. It was an extreme mess, and the issues may still persist afterwards. If it does, I advise just deleting the savenpcs.ini file and advancing a day to generate a new one (although this won't generate new harpy at the Musu Ranch. Starting a new game entirely will fix that).
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue May 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Let me just say, that it's AMAZING what your doing here. Constantly updating the game, bit by bit(So you don't get burned out trying to make HUGE progress), listening to our requests and whatnot(even if they won't ever make it in.)... May this last to completion!
Turbotowns
???

Postby ripleysonic » Tue May 22, 2018 8:28 pm

for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,9] out of range [6,-1] - -5.stud(100002,192009)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is

one of the girls mating completely disappeared but was still there in the list when I went to bed then this message appeared. Follow by it crashing.
ripleysonic
Somewhat familiar

Postby MalachiXX » Tue May 22, 2018 11:34 pm

Hey Sulac,

I've got a new bug for you to ponder over....

I have a male Lamia (contradiction in terms but who cares :-D ) who appears to be not very fertile. He also doesn't have very good stats so I decided since Lamia's and Harpy's prefer live prey, why not feed him to a newborn when they come out very hungry? Below is the error I got when I attempted to feed him to my newborn Lamia.

of Draw Event
for object obj_sign_lamia:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,0] out of range [6,-1] - -5.grove(100014,192000)
at gml_Object_obj_sign_lamia_Draw_64
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_sign_lamia_Draw_64 (line -1)

This is the error that occurred when I tried to feed him to my newborn Harpy.

of Draw Event
for object obj_sign_grove:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,0] out of range [6,-1] - -5.grove(100014,192000)
at gml_Object_obj_sign_grove_Draw_64
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_sign_grove_Draw_64 (line -1)

It seems I will have to sell him as I have no other option

Malachi
MalachiXX
Somewhat familiar

Postby MalachiXX » Tue May 22, 2018 11:40 pm

Sulac,

Apparently I can't sell him either......

of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_musuranch:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [8,22] out of range [4,-1] - -5.lamia(100015,256022)
at gml_Object_obj_musuranch_KeyPress_90
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_musuranch_KeyPress_90 (line -1)

Any ideas what I can do now?

Malachi
MalachiXX
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sulac » Wed May 23, 2018 1:51 pm

It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that the way I've set everything up is not good. Now that I have more experience with this, I'm realizing just how ramshackle my coding has been, and that I might be better off just redoing the base systems from scratch.

Granted, I really don't want to do this, but I'm having more and more difficulty tracking down the issues everyone is having. This would probably be better off in the long run.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Sulac wrote:It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that the way I've set everything up is not good. Now that I have more experience with this, I'm realizing just how ramshackle my coding has been, and that I might be better off just redoing the base systems from scratch.

Granted, I really don't want to do this, but I'm having more and more difficulty tracking down the issues everyone is having. This would probably be better off in the long run.

Oh boy... don't push yourself too hard, If I was in your shoes, this would REALLY demotivate me...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Thu May 24, 2018 10:46 am

Sulac wrote:It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that the way I've set everything up is not good. Now that I have more experience with this, I'm realizing just how ramshackle my coding has been, and that I might be better off just redoing the base systems from scratch.

well for what it's worth that despite the ramshackle coding i haven't actually run into a bug that gave a fatal error so that is something to motivate you. Although then again i am conservative when doing playthroughs.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sheights » Thu May 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi.

This game is cute and I have programming experience. If you need a hand I'd be happy to help.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.3.0.5 - Contest Update)

Postby Sulac » Thu May 24, 2018 3:28 pm

Alright, well. I have a good idea of what's causing the crashes and missing monster boys. The problem is I have no idea how the game is getting itself into that state to begin with. So here's a quick release with some stopgaps in place for that. Monster boys that were told to breed should now always reappear the next day. If your monster girls never get pregnant (even with maxed out health), that likely means the crash bug is still triggering, it's just not allowed to get to the point where it crashes (though it stops the breeding code to do this).
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.3.0.5 - Contest Update)

Postby Zond » Fri May 25, 2018 6:19 am

Dude thank you for your work, but then again, the error)

for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,18] out of range [4,-1] - -5.lamia(100015,192018)
stack frame is
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game