Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.1.2 - Initial Release)

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:25 am

Ah! It happened! I fed one of my cowgirls(Amber) and got the milk from her, checked on her, no problem. Then to Cekir, got her milk, fed her, then checked on her, then once I tried to hit "back"... THIS came up. https://prnt.sc/j2fcej
Turbotowns
???

Postby NekoYuki » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:26 pm

I've got to admit, i really don't want to see something implimented like a rent dragon, not unless its something you can turn off, I love slime rancher, a game that's laid back yet still compelling, and Stardew. I don't want ot be forced to game over because i wasn't grinding hard enough.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:56 pm

NekoYuki wrote:I've got to admit, i really don't want to see something implimented like a rent dragon, not unless its something you can turn off, I love slime rancher, a game that's laid back yet still compelling, and Stardew. I don't want ot be forced to game over because i wasn't grinding hard enough.

I agree. I'm far more of a casual player.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 pm

At least it's not gonna do what Maplestory does and count down REAL TIME til your pet dies.
I Hated that.
"100% DEDICATION REQUIRED"
Meaning I have to "NO LIFE" it to get anywhere with my pets.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Grimbug » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:55 am

how about an option to sleep outside with the risk of getting eatten. (I mean let's admit why we're all here) ^^;
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Black_Knight » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Grimbug wrote:how about an option to sleep outside with the risk of getting eatten. (I mean let's admit why we're all here) ^^;

Lies!! I am here for the plot! <.<
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

Postby nanakra » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:14 pm

Black_Knight wrote:
Grimbug wrote:how about an option to sleep outside with the risk of getting eatten. (I mean let's admit why we're all here) ^^;

Lies!! I am here for the plot! <.<

I here to be the Plorts!
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:19 am

is there an option for the player to breed with a monster girl? I imagine there'd be a limit of one attempt per day and some other restrictions apply too.

Mermaids could feasibly produce fish every so often too but their main source of income is by breeding.

Rabbit girls they are cheaper than a cowgirl because there are godawful common and breed like well rabbits. for the most part they don't do anything aside provide a food source for other monster girls one that is renewable.

Wolf girls, They can't be bought at the store as they are considered wild, but get enough rabbit girls and you'll lose your stock to a ravenous wolf girl who will still be too fat from eating all of them. At this point you have a chance to convince it to stay. If you do you won't have to worry to much about you other monster girls getting attacked by or poached or whatever. wolf girls unlike other girls don't need to be fed all the time they hunt on their own they have a 50% chance to provide food for themselves and a 25% chance to find food for another monster girl (assuming they get food for themselves first). A failed hunt means you still have to feed them though.
Last edited by Orosaki on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:22 am

If that's the case you'd either need to have the monster girl be angry at you or really hungry (unless she really likes you in which case she wakes you up and asks for food which you can refuse but will make her like you less)
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sizehunter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am

Orosaki wrote:

If that's the case you'd either need to have the monster girl be angry at you or really hungry (unless she really likes you in which case she wakes you up and asks for food which you can refuse but will make her like you less)

Or is breeding with you when you wake up if they like you enough.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Sulac » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:06 pm

Anesthetic wrote:Ok then, let me give you some sugestions but first another Bug Report. (...)

Huh. I can't seem to find the issue with Harpy Egg++ quality. Could you get a screenshot of your inventory after collecting one? And the grocer, too? It can help me narrow down where the issue is.

Lamia scales should be dropping every four days, compared to the Harpy egg's seven.

I have decided to include an in-game manual that'll give a basic overview of all the mechanics, including monster girls.

A dedicated reroll button may be appropriate for purchasing monster girls. Though you can get a similar effect by pressing 'Esc' when previewing the monster girl, then selecting to purchase again.

The walk cycle is unfortunately a low priority at this point.

...I may be planning for certain species of monster girls to live in the house itself. I have a terrible habit of unnecessary future-proofing.

Ryahsson wrote:This game is awesome, have not played it yet but I have read the comments, can't wait to play it. Though I hope someday to have some kind of a "relationship level?" (too much but thats why I said someday XD) and have some variety of interactions like letting them eat you or something like that (someday...XD)

The closest to a "relationship level" the game has right now is happiness. Maybe in the future there'll be a distinct stat for personal fondness.

Turbotowns wrote:Having now played it... Are sounds coming in a later update? Or am I missing some files. Which I might since I got this bug after buying 2 cowgirls and some food for them, I got a "bug-report-error-type-thing". I'd upload a screenshot, but I didn't think to take one when I got it, and it hasn't happened again yet, it happened the first time when I was trying to feed them, but on my second attempt I was able to feed them just fine.

While menus and screen transitions don't have sound effects (yet), feeding monster girls to each other does have sounds. You may even hear some gurgling if you stand near one with a full belly!

Also, I fixed the bug reported. It was an embarrassingly simple one. For now, use 'X' to exit out of menus, until the next update releases.

NekoYuki wrote:I've got to admit, i really don't want to see something implimented like a rent dragon, not unless its something you can turn off, I love slime rancher, a game that's laid back yet still compelling, and Stardew. I don't want ot be forced to game over because i wasn't grinding hard enough.

Yeah, thinking it over some more, I'm not fond of it either. Too much unnecessary pressure.

sizehunter wrote:
Orosaki wrote:

Or is breeding with you when you wake up if they like you enough.

Interesting ideas, though I feel like there'd need to be some possible upside to doing so (other than just offering yourself up to them, of course).

Orosaki wrote:is there an option for the player to breed with a monster girl? I imagine there'd be a limit of one attempt per day and some other restrictions apply too.

Mermaids could feasibly produce fish every so often too but their main source of income is by breeding.

Rabbit girls they are cheaper than a cowgirl because there are godawful common and breed like well rabbits. for the most part they don't do anything aside provide a food source for other monster girls one that is renewable.

Wolf girls, They can't be bought at the store as they are considered wild, but get enough rabbit girls and you'll lose your stock to a ravenous wolf girl who will still be too fat from eating all of them. At this point you have a chance to convince it to stay. If you do you won't have to worry to much about you other monster girls getting attacked by or poached or whatever. wolf girls unlike other girls don't need to be fed all the time they hunt on their own they have a 50% chance to provide food for themselves and a 25% chance to find food for another monster girl (assuming they get food for themselves first). A failed hunt means you still have to feed them though.

While breeding is coming in the next update, player breeding will have to wait. There's a fair amount I'll need to add to make that happen, and I already feel like I'm running late with this update.

I don't quite see the logic in mermaids producing fish, unless you're implying they somehow catch some in the little pond they live in.

As for rabbit girls (and more importantly, wolf girls), I am already planning something akin to what you've suggested. But it's going to be a much later update. I still have a fair amount I want to implement before I start working on things like hunting and fending off wild monster girls.

As for the update itself, it's mostly complete, coding-wise. A few last bugs need to be ironed out, and then I have... a lot of tedious spritework to finish off.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Buggingbug8020 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:09 pm

Would you consider thing such as player as pred? Perhaps nomming a monster girl gets you a nice bonus of items to feed to your other girls and a stat boost or two for yourself if you do breeder stats, but you don't get money for it? :gulp: :gulp:
Buggingbug8020
New to the forum

Postby sizehunter » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:11 pm

An idea for the outdoors sleep benefit. Monster girls who like you enough could sleep next to you if their relationship, when/if that's applies, is high enough. You could wake up with rare materials that would be nearly impossible to get normally. You know, 1% stuff.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:15 am

Sleeping outdoors benefits and risks.
Benefit 1 = Monster girls appreciate the notion of you wanting to be near them this causes them to become more affectionate towards the player.
Benefit 2 = You will always wake up to help defend your girls from wild monster girls and poachers.
Benefit 3 = If monster girls like you enough they may attempt to breed with you while you sleep.
Benefit 4 = If you forgot to fed a monster girl or a monster girl is hungry she will attempt to wake you to get some food.

Risk 1: If a hungry monster girl doesn't like you she will eat you instead of waking you up.
Risk 2: If you don't have a proper setup for outdoor sleeping you may get sick.
Risk 3: Unique risk depending on where you sleep the barn cave grove and other areas have their own unique risk.

Other 1: Unique risks might be negated by monster girls that really like you.
Other 2: May occasionally have a scene with certain monster girls.

As for the mermaids catching fish, who says that pond is really just a pond for all we know that pond could connect to a much larger underground lake or even a river for that matter where there are fish. As unlikely as it may seem such things do exist.

Dryad - Dryads are wild monster girls that don't really eat anything. Dryads produce corn and apples given their plant like nature. Depending on their stats they may produce more food when they do produce it. Dryads can be fed fertilizer and monster girls to raise their stats but it isn't necessary to actually feed them. there is a limit to how many dryads will take up residence in an area. What a dryad produces depends on where it is. groive dryads produce apples while the dryads in a field will produce corn. Fertilizer can be bought and used on the grove and field to lure a dryad there but you have a higher chance of a dyad moving into the field than the grove. Cave dryads produce mushrooms and are the hardest to get of the area on the farm itself.

Directly interacting with monster girls would be nice too where you can talk to them and stuff.

The rent dragon idea may have some merit if you change your line of thinking a bit. Instead of paying rent to her she helps manage the farm for a small fee when asked to help out. And stops helping when you run out of money or tell or to take a break. she'd be a dragon maid and automatically collects stuff from monster girls as well as feed them and keeps their stats balanced. collected items go into a chest in your room. The dragon maid can be found in the bar a farm that is just starting out wouldn't need her or be able to afford her prices. i imagine the design of the dragon maid would be a human body with a tail and wings to go with it.

Locations - The Arena
The arena is where you pit your monster girls against other monster girls. There are several categories.
Olympics - A test of strength and stamina the olympics range from swimming for mermaids to wrestling for cowgirls. There's even a flight course for harpies.
Beauty Contest - We are talking about girls here and what better way to show off your girls than a beauty contest. There are two types pure contests in which there is a category for individual monster girl species, and a mixed competition where every species competes.
If anyone has any other ideas go right ahead.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:04 am

Sulac wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:Ok then, let me give you some sugestions but first another Bug Report. (...)

Huh. I can't seem to find the issue with Harpy Egg++ quality. Could you get a screenshot of your inventory after collecting one? And the grocer, too? It can help me narrow down where the issue is.

Lamia scales should be dropping every four days, compared to the Harpy egg's seven.

I have decided to include an in-game manual that'll give a basic overview of all the mechanics, including monster girls.

A dedicated reroll button may be appropriate for purchasing monster girls. Though you can get a similar effect by pressing 'Esc' when previewing the monster girl, then selecting to purchase again.

The walk cycle is unfortunately a low priority at this point.

...I may be planning for certain species of monster girls to live in the house itself. I have a terrible habit of unnecessary future-proofing.

Interesting, it's working properly for me now too. Though this is the first time I've turned on the game since I last commented. That could perhaps be the problem? I know for a fact I recieved Egg++ after Egg++ but they were only selling for 375, it could be my game needed to restart to work out some line of code.

The problem with the Lamia is that it still falls behind because it doesn't drop anything else. 7 days is less then double 4, but the value of Harpy Eggs is double that of Lamia eggs, and the Harpies have the feather drops. So in 4 days you get two feather drops which is equal in value to one set of scales, then up to 2 more feather drops and an egg in the next 3 days.

So with a harpy in 7 you make roughly double what you make, off a Lamia in 8.

Also Can now confirm that the Harpy is VERY glitched with her drops

Lastly, maybe you could make upgrading your house a pre requisit. You have to buy additions to the house, to have a Monster Girl live in it.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grimbug » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:49 am

whoever thought up the relationship meter had a good idea you could tie in a marriage system and use them to manage their own site/stables that way you can pick up everything produced in abucket outside the environments.
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Grimbug » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:52 am

[quote="Grimbug"]whoever thought up the relationship meter had a good idea you could tie in a marriage system and use them to manage their own site/stables that way you can pick up everything produced in abucket outside the environments.[Also driders might be fun and good work with the cow girls there my favorite :D ]

*addendum: I always wondered what that quote button did... :o
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby lich1993 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:42 am

can i ask a stupid question : i've played this game for a while and i haven't gotten anywhere ,i got a lamia and some food and i don't know what to do ,i had 2 cow girls but i got a error with them can someone help me ?
lich1993
Participator

Postby Grimbug » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:38 pm

:D The game is still in its early stages there's not much to do yet but it's a good look at what this is going to be.
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:23 am

Buggingbug8020 wrote:Would you consider thing such as player as pred? Perhaps nomming a monster girl gets you a nice bonus of items to feed to your other girls and a stat boost or two for yourself if you do breeder stats, but you don't get money for it? :gulp: :gulp:

That would be awesome! Provided we can choose our character's gender. And there's a belly period.
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game