Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Postby Sulac » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:22 pm

So, after Thaghran's monster tamer project fell through, I decided to take a shot at that sort of project myself.

I present: Monster Girl Rancher! (this is the download link)

Frequently Asked Questions (please read this first)

Q: Can you add other types of vore to the game?
Already asked like 20 times. Eventually.

Q: Can you add player as pred/prey to the game?
Already asked like 30 times. Done.

Q: Can you add player breeding with monster girls to the game?
Already asked like 50 times. Done.

Q: Can you add a specific monster girl to the game?
Probably already asked like 100 times. Eventually.

Q: I'm having a graphical bug happening!
Please post a screenshot. It's hard to fix graphical bugs when I can't see what's going wrong.

Q: The game crashed on me!
Please provide a detailed description of what you were doing when the crash happened. Also please post the error log the game creates.

Q: How do I use cheat codes?
Spoiler: show
Interact with the bookshelf in your room to open the manual. Go all the way to the very last page, and then press 'up' to open the cheat menu. When you're done, press 'down' to go back to the manual so you can exit normally.

How to Play:
Arrow Keys: Move character, navigate menus
Z key: Interact with stuff, confirm menu choices
X key: Open main menu, cancel menu choices
Note: The game autosaves every time you advance to the next day.

NOTICE: A LOT OF THESE IMAGES ARE OUT OF DATE. MOST MENUS HAVE BEEN REDONE ENTIRELY.
When you start the game off, you'll only have 5250G and nothing else. I advise first heading down to the sign beneath your ranch and taking a trip to town.

Once you're there, you'll want to head to the Musu Ranch, in the upper left corner. You can't miss it, there's a harpy in their backyard.

Inside, you'll be able to buy up to four kinds of monster girls: Cowgirls, Harpies, Lamias, and Mermaids. You'll get a preview image along with a randomly generated name that you can edit. Press 'Enter' to purchase your monster girl. If you don't like how she looks, you can press 'Esc' to back out; it'll generate a new girl each time.

Back at your ranch, each monster girl is kept in a different place: cowgirls stay in the barn, harpies roost in the trees in the grove, and lamias live in the cave out back. Each location has a sign that you can interact with. You can check on your monster girls, and look at all her stats. From top to bottom: Health, Happiness, Hunger, Strength, Agility, Stamina, and Beauty.

There's no actual day/night system: you have to interact with your bed to advance to the next day. Monster girl stats will only update when you advance the day: you won't see any immediate effects when you feed them. Advancing the day also autosaves the game for you.

As you advance the days, your monster girls will generate items for you to collect! Cowgirls can be milked daily. Harpies will molt some feathers every two days. They'll also lay an egg every seven days. Lamias shed some scales every five days. If the 'Collect' option in the monster girl's stat screen isn't greyed out, you can collect an item from them.

You can look at all the items you have from the main menu, alongside all the monster girls you own. Items all come with a unique description. Food items also give a hint as to what stats they tend to raise when fed to monster girls.

You can sell the items collected from your monster girls at the grocer. You can also buy simple food items from there as well.

And while you can feed your monster girls ordinary food, well...

Being fed other monster girls fills them up quite quickly- and it gives a much larger boost to their stats as well! Also, bellies.

I'm 100% willing to take any suggestions for this game. If you want to suggest items and write flavor text, or even provide spritework (I don't want to steal Stardew Valley's graphics forever...), then by all means! I also have no idea how balance works, so if money's too easy or too hard to come by, or stats are increasing maybe too quickly, let me know!

Changelog

CHEAT CODES (don't look at these if you don't want to cheat)
fivebomb - give 5,000G
tenstack - give 10,000G
bigtwenty - give 20,000G
nice - give 69,420G
shoppingtrip - give 50 of each grocer item
happyhour - give 50 of each alcoholic item
GODFORGIVEME - set reputation to 0
talkoftown - set reputation to 100
breakwater - all pregnant monster girls give birth tonight (includes player)
endlessfun - all resting monster boys exit rest state (includes player)
goldstar - all monsters cap their stats
housecall - all monsters max health
LOVEME - all monsters max happiness
siegemode - all monsters hunger reduced by 83%
killall - deletes all monsters
fullhouse - fills all empty slots with randomly generated monsters
getbig - player caps all stats
gethuge - player stat caps increase by 10
transition - swaps player's gender
makeover - randomizes player's apperance (does not change gender)
identify - allows player to rename self
enlightenme - grants all monster knowledge

Known Issues
Setting the zoom level to x3 does some screwy things will pixels sometimes.
Menus listing out monster girls are extremely wonky.

Credits
Graphics shamelessly stolen from Stardew Valley, edited by me and Grimbug
BGM found by Grimbug
Sound effects from the Game Resource Directory, wherever those were found
Last edited by Sulac on Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 77 times in total.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.1 - Initial Release)

Postby Sulac » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Next Update: Competitions!

Now that we have a method of obtaining more monster girls without spending lots of money on, along with more refined stat growth formulas, it's time to put those stats to use! And what better way than with various contests!

General Mechanics:
There will be multiple different sorts of contests. Every day, a random one will be chosen, and you'll be allowed to enter one of your Monster Girls into it. I'm currently planning to limit it to just once per day, though with how many Monster Girls the player can already own, that may change.

Contests are stressful and tiring. When you enter a contest, win or lose, the competing Monster Girl will lose Health and Hunger. The amount lost will depend on how strenuous the contest is. A simple beauty contest may not be too tiring, but a full-on race would be quite exhausting. Also, winning a contest will increase the Monster Girl's Happiness, and losing obviously lowers it.

Generally, your Monster Girl's performance will be based primarily on one or two stats, with Health providing a modifier to them. So even if you have a raw stat advantage over an opponent, you can still lose if your Monster Girl is in poor health.

With contests being added, I'd also like to add a Reputation system. Winning contests slowly increases your Reputation, and losing decreases it. Increasing your reputation increases the value of your Monster Girl products, and the Monster Girls themselves. As an added bonus, I can apply a downside to letting your Monster Girls eat the studs you hire to breed with them: a sharp reputation penalty. Right now, letting your Monster Girl eat the guy is the best thing you can do, since she (might) get pregnant, and gets a big stat boost from the guy she ate.

The Contests:
Beauty Contest: The simplest contest. Your Monster Girl is judged primarily on her Beauty stat, though I'm thinking of maybe adding another stat to the calculations, depending on species. Also, while Health still affects performance, I also want to make it so Happiness plays into it as well. A bad mood can put a real damper on your performance, after all! These may be species-exclusive, or just anything goes.
Races: A more involved contest. Definitely species-exclusive. Agility determines how fast your Monster Girl goes, while Stamina influences how long they can maintain their speed before they have to slow down and rest. Very tiring, expect decent hunger loss when competing.
Fighting Contests: The most intense contest. Stamina determines your Monster Girl's HP, Strength dictates her attack power, and Agility influences how quickly she strikes. This contest can actually have a harsher effect on your girl's Health if she loses. But the prize money, reputation, and happiness gains for winning can make it worth it!
High-Stakes Fighting Contest: An underground, probably illegal fighting ring. Same mechanics as above, but with the obvious twist: the winner eats the loser! Coming out victorious can be a huge gain, since your Monster Girl inherits the stats of her opponent. Losing, though... I don't need to explain the consequences, right? Though as a special note, I can make it so Hunger plays a role in the calculations as well. Knowing that she gets to eat her opponent if she wins, a hungry Monster Girl might fight harder! Just try not to starve her too much. Malnutrition can play havoc with you, after all!

I do still want to add a bit more than just the contests, though. So I also intend on adding Centaurs to the game! They don't produce items, and they're great for selling, but Centaur races can be a lucrative source of income. And if you can raise your reputation, maybe your Centaurs will get a larger value boost than your other Monster Girls!

This is all very ambitious, so I'll be breaking this update into chunks: The first update will contain only Beauty Contests. Afterwards, I'll do whatever bugfixing is required, and then slowly move on down the list, until all the contests have been added.

Breeding Update Report #1

The "easy" part of the next update, mermaids, is done. They live in the pond to the left of your house. A sign has been added there to interact with them, and you can feed them and check on them and feed them to the other monster girls as normal.
...ignore the fact that I have infinite money

They'll be extremely expensive, and they don't even produce any items to collect like the other monster girls. Instead, their main use is for breeding and selling. Let's call them a "commodity monster girl". Who wouldn't want a pet mermaid, after all? Naturally, this will require the studs and breeding to be fully implemented before it becomes viable.

As for the studs... they're coming along. The interior of the bar is done, and the script that generates them- stats and appearance, is also done.

It generates a new set of six studs every time you advance the day.

Now I just need to make it so you can interact with and hire them!

Also, since I have a bar here now, maybe I should make a barkeeper. Alcoholic products would be a neat thing to add. Maybe they give a stronger stat boost than ordinary food, but reduce the monster girl's health a bit? Give your opinions!

Next Update: Breeding!

Now that we have the foundation laid out, there's an issue I want to tackle first: obtaining monster girls. Right now, the only way to get more is to buy them for a large price. This is difficult to maintain, since monster girl products only sell for so much. So, I want to add an alternate method for obtaining monster girls: breeding!

The idea is simple: you head down to the local bar, where you can find... let's call them "studs". Regular, human men that'll be willing to come on down and fuck a monster girl- for a price, of course. They'll have stats similar to the girls that'll be used to determine the child's stats. Of course, pregnancy (or, in the case of harpies and lamias, egg hatching) takes time, so there will still be a bit of time investment as well.

And of course, if your monster girl is a bit hungry, there's always a chance she'll eat the guy after she's done with him!

Another thing I want to discuss is the possibility for monster boys. While hiring studs for sex and maybe meals is fun, it still costs money. So I'm thinking of adding monster boys to assist with that. My initial plan is to make them rare and difficult to obtain: you can't buy them. You can only get them by breeding, and only maybe a 1 in 5 chance. I'm also thinking of limiting their uses: you can't collect items from them. You can only use them to breed with other monster girls. And as food, of course. But I'm going to leave you all a poll to decide on: free monster boys, limited monster boys, or no monster boys at all.

And as a final note, a preview of another thing coming to the next big update:
Last edited by Sulac on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby mmmooo55 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:32 pm

Eh, i doesn't seem i can download it. MEGA says i need a decryption key. do i need some kind of password?
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sulac » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 pm

MGEA is a strange and mysterious website. Try it again now.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby ssbbfanatic » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:23 pm

I keep getting an error that crashes the game whenever I try to sell stuff at the grocery store.
ssbbfanatic
Been posting for a bit

Postby mmmooo55 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 pm

i get a fatal error whenever i try to sell food or monster girl products.

of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_grocer:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [6,0] out of range [6,-1] - -5.item(100021,192000)
at gml_Object_obj_grocer_KeyPress_90
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_grocer_KeyPress_90 (line -1)
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hansony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:58 pm

I had bought a cowgirl, gotten 5 of all foods from grocery store and gone to feed her but non of the food apeared in the menu and when I clicked Z (because I am not used to Z and X being controls yet) I got this fatal error report:
of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_sign_barn:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [1,21] out of range [22,9] - -5.food(100020,32021)
at gml_Object_obj_sign_barn_KeyPress_90
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_sign_barn_KeyPress_90 (line -1)
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:04 pm

Oh and I guess an evaluation would be in order:
The movement is a bit clunky, you slow down like half speed if you move diagonally instead of strait right, left, up, down. IF this is something you can fix and not intrinsic to the engine you used for the game then it would be nice if you would, also the doors seems very picky about whether you hit it just right considered it is a game where you don't move in fixed movement boxes, that might be worth looking into if it can be fixed so the door is registered as activated even if you are slightly off.
Other then that I love the idea, have been trying to figure out how to make a game with the concept my self but not gotten any further then just that part so seeing someone else have at least a basic foundation for a game with it is nice.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:12 pm

I approve of the idea!
I like the graphic style.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Sulac » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Hansony wrote:Oh and I guess an evaluation would be in order:
The movement is a bit clunky, you slow down like half speed if you move diagonally instead of strait right, left, up, down. IF this is something you can fix and not intrinsic to the engine you used for the game then it would be nice if you would, also the doors seems very picky about whether you hit it just right considered it is a game where you don't move in fixed movement boxes, that might be worth looking into if it can be fixed so the door is registered as activated even if you are slightly off.
Other then that I love the idea, have been trying to figure out how to make a game with the concept my self but not gotten any further then just that part so seeing someone else have at least a basic foundation for a game with it is nice.

The movement speed was a personal choice: you don't actually "slow down" when moving diagonally, since technically you're moving two directions at the same time. But I've changed it so the player always moves the same speed even at diagonals, though to compensate I lowered overall speed a tiny bit.

I shrunk the player's hitbox a small bit and widened the narrower doorways. Hopefully that'll make it easier to go places.

And I think I've got the grocer fixed. It is by far the most slipshod thing I've coded in the entire game and I fully expect further issues to pop up with it as we go along.

Link in the first post updated.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.1.1 - Initial Release)

Postby NiceGuy18 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:36 pm

I look forward to seeing more on this.
NiceGuy18
Somewhat familiar

Postby Black_Knight » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:12 pm

hmm... I like the idea of this game. While not what "I" would call a "vore" game it does posses vore elements... this is no way a negative outlook on my part; I happen to be a huge fan of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games and this is pleasantly reminiscent of those games (with vore elements lol). However, if you want suggestions to make it more of a "vore-ish" game, again from my perspective, you could add options like feeding yourself to the monster girl... obviously,( or maybe not depending on how much they like you), giving you a game over or maybe finding other willing prey who want to add to the monster girls... but then again as I stated before, this game and it's current setting and flow is already quite pleasant. So, in short, these are suggestions that "I" think that would give it a more "vore type game" feel... feel free take into consideration or disregard because either way I believe this game has potential to be a fun little game like Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games. Best of luck!!
Black_Knight
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:30 pm

This is a great start. I'll be looking to this closely for future polish and story.

I actually quite like the stolen stardew graphics, and I'm sure the existing assets provide a lot for you to work with without needing to do a lot of image design and such.

Good luck, and great teaser demo release!

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bloodwolfvamp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:54 am

please tell me this is a mod for stardew valley it looks it
*careful I bite*

(Visit me on DA)
http://nightwolf316.deviantart.com/
bloodwolfvamp
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:15 am

I'M BACK!!
And I have to say good job on the movement, feels a lot smother with the speed being the same and the doors not being easier to enter and not hit the door frame on.
Still can't see any of the food in the feed menu though, don't know if this is because you haven't made it just yet or it is unintentionally but it does mean that right now the only way to feed the girls is by feeding them each other... which is obviously the point of a vore game but kinda makes it hard to make the money aspect work.
Other then that I just look forward to what else you want to put into this game since you have said this was the initial release and from my understanding not necessarily the full end product
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Hansony » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:19 am

Oh also the error I got before was due to the interaction path [(monster girl name) --> feed --> food] being empty and then pressing z as in confirmation when no option was available. I think it will be fixed if the food items are made visible as choices in that menu. at least I got it again when I tried now
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:06 am

Tha...thats....Thats Stardew Valley! Hell, just looked at the screenshots, but daaaaamn!
This looks like a lot of fun, and even more if you update it further.
Best of lucks, and hope to hear more soon!

And yea, can't feed my cow or check on her. Well, so she just gives me milk and then I have to feed her to someone else I guess.
And maybe adjust the money the player spawns with, either increase it by about 250 so you can get the lamia and have a bit money for food, or take 1 G away, so you have to start with some other monster. If you buy the lamia first, you have no money for food left.
The status bars have no end aswell, so a monster girl can have below 0 stomach, or above full health (no idea about the other bars though)
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.1.2 - Initial Release)

Postby Sulac » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:19 pm

Small goofs, small goofs. Link updated with small fixes.

But also: second post updated as well. Details about the next big update, and a poll regarding it has been made as well!
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:32 pm

Hmm, I'm gonna go with free, but only because I feel like the "rare" option doesn't really represent what I would want. I'd want them to be hard to get, but more useful than just food and fuck slaves. I can think of some ideas for the existing species.

Bull - cowgirl boy, this one would be the exception to the general usefulness(since bulls don't produce milk) unless some sort of combat thing is added, only good for breeding, but exceptionally so, by having great stats.
Harpy - obviously male harpys wouldn't produce eggs, as such I think a way to make them useful is simply to have more valuable feathers, it would make sense since male birds are generally far more colorful.
Lamia - this ones somewhat harder, since snakes don't produce much, but an option would be that in addition to the scales a male lamia can also have anti-venom harvested from them, which could sell for a high price.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lich1993 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:49 pm

failbird105 wrote:Hmm, I'm gonna go with free, but only because I feel like the "rare" option doesn't really represent what I would want. I'd want them to be hard to get, but more useful than just food and fuck slaves. I can think of some ideas for the existing species.

Bull - cowgirl boy, this one would be the exception to the general usefulness(since bulls don't produce milk) unless some sort of combat thing is added, only good for breeding, but exceptionally so, by having great stats.
Harpy - obviously male harpys wouldn't produce eggs, as such I think a way to make them useful is simply to have more valuable feathers, it would make sense since male birds are generally far more colorful.
Lamia - this ones somewhat harder, since snakes don't produce much, but an option would be that in addition to the scales a male lamia can also have anti-venom harvested from them, which could sell for a high price.

for the bull(minotar) sure i like the idea but there are no male lamias and no male harpies,harpies and lamias breed with humans in the myth so i think there shouldn't be any male versions of them in the game as well but that's my opinion ,but i think for the harpy a gryphon would be a nice mate and for the lamia....a human ?
lich1993
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game