Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.9 - Breeding Update)

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:28 am

K, well, I ran into two graphical ones, first off, when I feed my harpy, the message indicating that I DID feed her(as well as being my visual cooldown on the action) just doesn't show up! And there this weird "bleeding" effect going on on the right side of the screen with bit of the menu persisting well after I've closed the menu, but goes away when I transition like enter or exit a building.
The good thing about graphical bugs, is that they aren't game breaking... usually.

Also, you'd think a pregnant cowgirl would produce better/more milk, which brings me to my next quandary that I've been wondering about since I first tried this but never tested... can the monstergirl products/the collect option "stack" like, if I miss a day collecting milk from my cows, will there be two(each) waiting for me the following day?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:55 am

Also, how hungry do the girls need to be to eat their mate? (Studs mainly, I don't know if they'll eat a monster boy after sex)

And what's the capacity for each area(sorry if this has been answered already.)
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:27 am

2 more graphical bugs. First, whenever I feed a Bullboy there are two arrows... and now after mating, one of the bull boys disappeared! One that looks identical to the one that just mated also born at the same time, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

[EDIT]...Okaaaay, now I've mated the second bullboy-it became invisible, and now the 1st one's back...

[EDIT2]The second bullboy is permanently invisible, and it says they currently busy when I tried to feed them to one of the girls(namely his mother); and the male harpy I got is also having the same problem, gaaah! This is no longer JUST a graphical bug.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Netjak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:51 am

There is a pretty bad bug in the 2.9 build atleast, where if you try to feed a monstergirl to another monstergirl, and scroll down the menu, you scroll over the monstergirls about to be born, and are able to see their stats and gender before birth. Additionally, or rather, most importantly, the game seems to have a good chance of crashing if you keep the 'cursor' on these unborn for too long, which in turn resulted in this code error:

of Draw Event
for object obj_sign_grove:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [8,22] out of range [8,-1] - -5.barn(100003,256022)
at gml_Object_obj_sign_grove_Draw_64
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_sign_grove_Draw_64 (line -1)

Otherwise, great game! Regarding your nerf of hereditary stats, getting exceptionally valuable monstergirls and boys seem to still be very possible. Got a bullboy worth more than 500k on day 88.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 am

Turbotowns wrote:Also, how hungry do the girls need to be to eat their mate? (Studs mainly, I don't know if they'll eat a monster boy after sex)

Their hunger probably needs to be below their pred stat.

So for example if the pred stat is 25 their hunger satisfaction needs to be below that for them to eat the stud.

I had an idea for breeding and how stats should be handled for the child.

So I think when doing child stats both mother and father will contribute 50% of their stats to the child. In other word the child's stats will be 50% of it's mother + 50% of it's father and the mother's stats will determine the max values for a child's stats meaning that the child cannot go over that.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:08 am

Turbotowns wrote:K, well, I ran into two graphical ones, first off, when I feed my harpy, the message indicating that I DID feed her(as well as being my visual cooldown on the action) just doesn't show up! And there this weird "bleeding" effect going on on the right side of the screen with bit of the menu persisting well after I've closed the menu, but goes away when I transition like enter or exit a building.
The good thing about graphical bugs, is that they aren't game breaking... usually.

Also, you'd think a pregnant cowgirl would produce better/more milk, which brings me to my next quandary that I've been wondering about since I first tried this but never tested... can the monstergirl products/the collect option "stack" like, if I miss a day collecting milk from my cows, will there be two(each) waiting for me the following day?

I doubt something like that will be planned though there will probably be something along the lines of having a manager manage certain areas of the farm each day such as feeding and collecting though there hasn't been any word on that.

The rent dragon idea had some merit though however my idea tweaks this into a hire dragon. You essentially hire a dragon girl to your farm and you can have her manage certain areas of you farm. A cheaper alternative is to hire a farm hand who isn't a monster to do this but chances are a monster girl will eat them. for every area that a hired manager manages it's an extra cost to it per day like a rent dragon but you can choose to have them not manage anything and opt out of the daily cost. They'll still stick around the farm though even if they aren't doing anything.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:17 am

Netjak wrote:There is a pretty bad bug in the 2.9 build atleast, where if you try to feed a monstergirl to another monstergirl, and scroll down the menu, you scroll over the monstergirls about to be born, and are able to see their stats and gender before birth. Additionally, or rather, most importantly, the game seems to have a good chance of crashing if you keep the 'cursor' on these unborn for too long, which in turn resulted in this code error:

of Draw Event
for object obj_sign_grove:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [8,22] out of range [8,-1] - -5.barn(100003,256022)
at gml_Object_obj_sign_grove_Draw_64
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_sign_grove_Draw_64 (line -1)

Otherwise, great game! Regarding your nerf of hereditary stats, getting exceptionally valuable monstergirls and boys seem to still be very possible. Got a bullboy worth more than 500k on day 88.

To specify, the bug seems to only apply to very specific pregnancies, as after the problematic baby is born, the issue dissipates.

Onto something that could be added, scaling belly sprites retaining to how big their prey was/many they were could be fun, as you seen to easily stuff a particularly hungry monstergirl or boy with several of their own species. As could a physical fitness stat as well. So if you consistently overfeed the monstergirls and boys, they gain weight, which adds to their fullness value as food, while also possibly increase their yield of both products and babies, at the cost of health and a steady increase in the rate their hunger drops as they get more gluttonous. And then you can make sure the monstergirls excercise, which costs a little bit happiness, but increases health and lowers weight. With how impossible it is to not have maxed out health and happiness on good monstergirls from just cramming them with food, this might be a good counter balance to that.

Another thing I noticed which kinda needs to be adressed at some point, I suppose, although for me, it's in no way a urgent topic, is how a monstergirl can give birth to a monsterboy, immediately breed with him, and produce new offspring with improved stats. And you can do this over several generations, with no penalties to stats and thus get into the millions in sales price very quickly.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:34 am

Another error, one that I am not quite sure why it came to. Tried feeding a newly bought lamia to a pregnant mermaid whom I was unsure about wether or not had room for her.

FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_sign_pond:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Script_scp_feed_girl
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_feed_girl (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_sign_pond_KeyPress_90
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Netjak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:59 am

Interestingly, there does appear to be a form of implementation of a negative effect from inbreeding, as my bullboy who just got born was supposed to have over 99 999 999 beauty, but I don't think the game can handle that, thus it rolled back to 0! It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grimbug » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:23 am

How about instead of making the cows
eat other monstergirls if you feed them too much meat they transform into minotaurs.
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sulac » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:53 am

Okay, looks like I still have a fair amount of work to do. I would like to make a small request, though: If you're reporting a graphical bug, please post a screenshot of it. That'll make it easier for me to identify what's going on.

While I get to work, I will answer some questions, though.

Turbotowns wrote:BTW how much hunger does eating another monster/stud fulfill?

Depending on the prey's species, they'll fill anywhere between 25%-45% of the pred's hunger. For comparison, ordinary food items fill 4%-6% of the hunger bar, and monster girls lose 4%-6% hunger every day.

As a note: You can feed a monster girl something that pushes their hunger over 100%, as long as it doesn't also go over 110%.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, you'd think a pregnant cowgirl would produce better/more milk, which brings me to my next quandary that I've been wondering about since I first tried this but never tested... can the monstergirl products/the collect option "stack" like, if I miss a day collecting milk from my cows, will there be two(each) waiting for me the following day?

Pregnant cowgirls producing better milk would definitely make sense, though right now I see that as maybe being a bit too powerful, considering how much money can be made just from excessive breeding. Monster girl products don't stack with regards to collecting: forgetting to milk a cowgirl one day will not result in getting two the next day. I could probably implement that, though I'm already of the opinion that the collection code needs to be overhauled already. We'll see.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, how hungry do the girls need to be to eat their mate? (Studs mainly, I don't know if they'll eat a monster boy after sex)

Much like how pregnancy is random chance influenced by the girl's health, eating their mate is random chance influenced by hunger. Some monster girls are more likely to do so than others (*coughlamiascough*), but all monster girls are much less likely to eat a monster boy after breeding.

As for capacity, it's:
8 Cowgirls in the barn
6 Harpies in the grove
4 Lamias in the cave
4 Mermaids in the pond

Orosaki wrote:I had an idea for breeding and how stats should be handled for the child.

So I think when doing child stats both mother and father will contribute 50% of their stats to the child. In other word the child's stats will be 50% of it's mother + 50% of it's father and the mother's stats will determine the max values for a child's stats meaning that the child cannot go over that.

One thing I will agree with: some sort of stat cap is probably needed. It's getting increasingly obvious that breeding is leading to too many super monsters.

Orosaki wrote:The rent dragon idea had some merit though however my idea tweaks this into a hire dragon. You essentially hire a dragon girl to your farm and you can have her manage certain areas of you farm. A cheaper alternative is to hire a farm hand who isn't a monster to do this but chances are a monster girl will eat them. for every area that a hired manager manages it's an extra cost to it per day like a rent dragon but you can choose to have them not manage anything and opt out of the daily cost. They'll still stick around the farm though even if they aren't doing anything.

It's certainly a decent idea, though right now there isn't enough in the game to justify that just yet.

Netjak wrote:Interestingly, there does appear to be a form of implementation of a negative effect from inbreeding, as my bullboy who just got born was supposed to have over 99 999 999 beauty, but I don't think the game can handle that, thus it rolled back to 0! It's not a bug, it's a feature!

I did not know that was a thing. Stat caps are very needed.

Grimbug wrote:How about instead of making the cows
eat other monstergirls if you feed them too much meat they transform into minotaurs.

Eh... not too certain on transformations like that yet.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hansony » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:18 pm

OKAY... just got around to try this version and the BullBoy did not disappear... this time. (oh and by the way I have been starting from scratch each time so it hasn't been a saves issue)
I suspect it *MAY* have had something to do with the order of the monsters as I usually ended up having a bull-boy as number 3 and this time it was number 2 instead, but I have nothing for sure yet. All I know is that it happened in 2.7 but not yet in 2.9.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.2.10 - Breeding Update)

Postby Sulac » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:22 pm

Okay, I've released a new version. Most bugs have been taken care of, and I've made some changes to stat calculations as well.

As for issues I was not able to resolve...

Turbotowns wrote:And there this weird "bleeding" effect going on on the right side of the screen with bit of the menu persisting well after I've closed the menu, but goes away when I transition like enter or exit a building.

I really need a screenshot of this. Your description is too vague for me to really pinpoint what's wrong.

Netjak wrote:There is a pretty bad bug in the 2.9 build atleast, where if you try to feed a monstergirl to another monstergirl, and scroll down the menu, you scroll over the monstergirls about to be born, and are able to see their stats and gender before birth. Additionally, or rather, most importantly, the game seems to have a good chance of crashing if you keep the 'cursor' on these unborn for too long, which in turn resulted in this code error:

While I fixed the general issue of viewing unborn monster girl stats, "crashing if you keep the 'cursor' on these unborn for too long" is too vague for me to figure out what's wrong. How long were you keeping the cursor on them? How were you moving the cursor about before the crash?

Turbotowns wrote:and now after mating, one of the bull boys disappeared! One that looks identical to the one that just mated also born at the same time, so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

[EDIT]...Okaaaay, now I've mated the second bullboy-it became invisible, and now the 1st one's back...

[EDIT2]The second bullboy is permanently invisible, and it says they currently busy when I tried to feed them to one of the girls(namely his mother); and the male harpy I got is also having the same problem, gaaah! This is no longer JUST a graphical bug.

I cannot for the life of me reproduce this bug. I may need your save file or something to see what's going on.

Monster Boys are supposed to disappear from their position when told to breed, and appear at the Monster Girl he's breeding with, in the sex animation. They should then revert to their usual positions and animations after you advance to the next day.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Netjak » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Sulac]
[quote="Netjak wrote:
There is a pretty bad bug in the 2.9 build atleast, where if you try to feed a monstergirl to another monstergirl, and scroll down the menu, you scroll over the monstergirls about to be born, and are able to see their stats and gender before birth. Additionally, or rather, most importantly, the game seems to have a good chance of crashing if you keep the 'cursor' on these unborn for too long, which in turn resulted in this code error:

While I fixed the general issue of viewing unborn monster girl stats, "crashing if you keep the 'cursor' on these unborn for too long" is too vague for me to figure out what's wrong. How long were you keeping the cursor on them? How were you moving the cursor about before the crash?
[/quote]

I didn't want to bog down the chat by constant posting, but the way that seemed to replicate the bug very consistently was to have three pregnant cowgirls in the barn, with one male, who had gone visually invisible, but otherwise functioned correctly, then a newly bought cowgirl, so when I flicked down on the feeding screen onto which monster girl to pick, I scrolled past the three unborn babies, got to the bought monstergirl, then clicked down again, and that's when it crashes.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chefjellyguy » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:39 pm

Found another one, had two mermaids and two merboys, the mermaids were mating with studs, and i tried to feed a naga to one of the merboys.

of Key Press Event for Z-key Key
for object obj_sign_pond:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Script_scp_feed_girl
stack frame is
gml_Script_scp_feed_girl (line -1)
gml_Object_obj_sign_pond_KeyPress_90
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:04 pm

Sent my bullboy to breed, according to the UI, he's now pregnant (expecting), Though the cowgirl is showing the baby-bump
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Grimbug » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:10 pm

is there anyway we could hire feeders :gulp: for our monstergirls? :idea: oh and maybe even expeditions for those you can't buy, I have afew ideas on how to go about it to keep it interesting to if you want to talk about it when your less busy. ^^;
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:43 am

Sulac wrote:I may need your save file or something to see what's going on.

How would I give you my savefile? even I can't find it unless I give you my data file?

As for that screenshot...
It's that bit on the right.

https://prnt.sc/j77vip
Turbotowns
???

Postby GrayLotus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:57 am

Turbotowns wrote:

How would I give you my savefile? even I can't find it unless I give you my data file?

This is probably going to be a ninja or ninja'd comment, but I'm guessing that it's all of the .ini files in "[OS Install drive (usually C:)]\Users\[Your User Account Name]\AppData\Local\MGRanch".

Basic testing on my part seems to indicate that those are the save files, but please correct me if I'm wrong
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:45 am

GrayLotus wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

This is probably going to be a ninja or ninja'd comment, but I'm guessing that it's all of the .ini files in "[OS Install drive (usually C:)]\Users\[Your User Account Name]\AppData\Local\MGRanch".

Basic testing on my part seems to indicate that those are the save files, but please correct me if I'm wrong

Found em, thanks.(Now, how do I get em to Sulac?)
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game