Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.4.0.3 - Mega Rework)

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:29 pm

Well it looks like this version is nearly unplayable with the sleeping crash. Also you can load the game despite the crash and it'll go to the next day but the NPC characters you can talk to are invisible and the harpy at the Musu Ranch is missing her torso and it's just her wings and legs.

Just to clarify, the NPCs in buildings appear just fine but everybody thats outside are invisible.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:38 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Well it looks like this version is nearly unplayable with the sleeping crash. Also you can load the game despite the crash and it'll go to the next day but the NPC characters you can talk to are invisible and the harpy at the Musu Ranch is missing her torso and it's just her wings and legs.

Just to clarify, the NPCs in buildings appear just fine but everybody thats outside are invisible.

going to the next day seems to fix them. Though it sounds like it crashed when you slept(even though it rarely happened to me).
Turbotowns
???

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
InuyashalovesKagome wrote:Well it looks like this version is nearly unplayable with the sleeping crash. Also you can load the game despite the crash and it'll go to the next day but the NPC characters you can talk to are invisible and the harpy at the Musu Ranch is missing her torso and it's just her wings and legs.

going to the next day seems to fix them. Though it sounds like it crashed when you slept(even though it rarely happened to me).

Yup, crashed everytime I went to sleep, I was also having my Cowgirl breed so that might have a slight doing to the crash but I'm not 100% sure and after she got pregnant after the third attempt (which was right after losing a contest) it crashed again the next day when I had her do nothing.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Sulac wrote:Really quick hotfix posted, fixing an unavoidable crash.

bloodwolfvamp wrote:so this is a starbound mod no wait a sterdewvally mod rigtht i just got that and iunno how download things well^^

Nope, this is a standalone game. It just uses Stardew Valley assets because I can't be bothered with wholly original spritework. Click on the big "I present: Monster Girl Rancher" text in the first post to go to the download link. From there you just download the zip, extract the contents to wherever and then run the game.

OH MY GOD YOUR BACK!
(Didn't even noticed the game was updated, my last message was about the 4.0.1 version. XD)

Also, the audio is still bugged. And the name saving, though people probably already mentioned that one.
...And I can't save(manually)(At least autosaving works).

Also, when selecting studs, the selection on the left progressively gets lower and lower until it's off the screen. I can still select the monstergirl for them to breed with and check their prices(and luckily it hasn't crashed the game... yet), it's just a visual issue. XD

Breeding with a monster boy(at least a cow), made them disappear(i thought at first they were moved to my bedroom, because... immersion. XD But they weren't there either), but they came back the next day.(Also, I love the MC's cute little pregnant belly~ X3)

And erm, what's the rate at monsters dieing? They run out of hunger completely... then is there a number of days? or will it not happen until they run out of health? The bookcase said that they can die overnight if their health gets too low... what's the threshold for that? Like, their health has to be in the red or yellow before that'll happen? Also, if two breeding monsters are eligible to eat each other, will the hungrier one always be the pred? That WOULD help effectively decide who eats who: just make sure the one you DON'T want eaten to be hungrier than their mate.

Ah, and can you make it so that we burp after eating monsters ourselves? (And speaking of vore, I kinda want to be able to eat NPCs(one even asks that's there's not anyone they know in our tummy while we have a full belly, I kinda want to be able to respond: "maybe~".), of course they would provide little to no stat boosts, It's mostly just to get a vore belly without eating a monster girl, and for a bit of rp)

Also, what the box under our money and reputation for

And my first crash since downloading the new version. XD
(I slept)Loading took me to the beginning of the day I slept, losing what I did(which wasn't much).

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Array index must be positive
at gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64 (line -1)

I thought it was because I had monsters breed, so I tried to advance without breeding them, still crashed.
Then I tried to just advance the day without doing ANYTHING! ...Still crashed.
I seem to have hit a wall, day 45 btw. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby BananaPeter » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 am

Hey! So I'm playing on a Mac using the Wine Bottler to open the file, but there's an error. It says it's missing \graphics_displayM.cpp, and yeah, I can't seem to find the file.
Is there by any chance that I could get a link for that specific file to download (I've tried to redownload the game from multiple links on your forums)?
BananaPeter
New to the forum

Postby Hansony » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:53 am

Oh shit a new update has dropped!!! time to download.
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby masterrrrr » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Can't seem to do the contests a second time. Did the contest the first time. Worked fine. Tried it the second time, no matter how many times I press the button to go into a contest for any monster girl, it won't let me in. Don't know why. ^^;
masterrrrr
Been posting for a bit

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:20 pm

masterrrrr wrote:Can't seem to do the contests a second time. Did the contest the first time. Worked fine. Tried it the second time, no matter how many times I press the button to go into a contest for any monster girl, it won't let me in. Don't know why. ^^;

I have this problem too, its not game breaking or anything but it does prevent one from making some decent money outside selling items that are collected from the girls. also the harpy at the Musu Ranch is still missing her torso (her head and chest to be exact) but like the contest its not game breaking.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby RichardDix » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:
masterrrrr wrote:Can't seem to do the contests a second time. Did the contest the first time. Worked fine. Tried it the second time, no matter how many times I press the button to go into a contest for any monster girl, it won't let me in. Don't know why. ^^;

I have this problem too, its not game breaking or anything but it does prevent one from making some decent money outside selling items that are collected from the girls. also the harpy at the Musu Ranch is still missing her torso (her head and chest to be exact) but like the contest its not game breaking.

You have to close the game and reopen it for the contests to be available again. You can also use this glitch to redo the exact same contest multiple times for extra cash and reputation, just be sure to heal your monster girl(s) with medicine before their happiness is full in order to keep the infinite cycle going.
Last edited by RichardDix on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Oh I almost forgot to mention that I had a crash that occurred when I pressed "Z" right after I spawned in my house after creating a new game. It was consistent so I could do it again for the error report, but will it overwrite my current game?
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:32 pm

RichardDix wrote:Oh I almost forgot to mention that I had a crash that occurred when I pressed "Z" right after I spawned in my house after creating a new game. It was consistent so I could do it again for the error report, but will it overwrite my current game?

Only if you save(by resting, the manual seems to be broken)... I think... ^^;

That said... not like we can get very far currently, it seems. My game completely walled at day 45(no matter what I do(or don't), sleeping causes a crash).
Turbotowns
???

Postby RichardDix » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:06 pm

Turbotowns wrote:
RichardDix wrote:Oh I almost forgot to mention that I had a crash that occurred when I pressed "Z" right after I spawned in my house after creating a new game. It was consistent so I could do it again for the error report, but will it overwrite my current game?

Only if you save(by resting, the manual seems to be broken)... I think... ^^;

That said... not like we can get very far currently, it seems. My game completely walled at day 45(no matter what I do(or don't), sleeping causes a crash).

Manual saving works completely fine for me, as for the day 45 crash, guess I'm only a few days away from witnessing it.

Here is the crash report for the "Z" glitch, but I'll correct what I said earlier about it only happening on new saves, because I caused it on my current game as well. This report is from when a new game was created and "Z" was pressed without moving or opening any menu.

of Step Event0
for object obj_player:

local variable iy(100004, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_player_Step_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_player_Step_0 (line -1)
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 pm

Hey Turbo, I managed to make it to day 46 without any crashes. I had two lamia born on the same night and a stud mating with my cowgirl so maybe it had something to do with either of those things happening or the fact that I used the contest glitch to jump from neutral to gold rank in one day. Then again, I haven't had any save or game issues besides the single minor crash error and my character's name not being saved, but hopefully you can fix whatever problem you're having with or without this info.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby alec31907 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:43 pm

ok am i the only one having a issue finding the download link?
alec31907
New to the forum

Postby GrayLotus » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:51 am

alec31907 wrote:ok am i the only one having a issue finding the download link?

Apologies in advance if this seems snarky.

Go to the first page and first post of this topic, and keep it open in a separate tab so you can keep reading these instructions. Once you've done that, click the "SHOW" text in the line below this one and then look at the picture revealed:
Spoiler: show

Click the sentence circled in red with the black arrow pointing at it. This will take you to a site called "MEGA".

Once you're at that site, wait for it finish loading (the white cloud with a red "M" in the middle), then click on the light blue button with the word "Download" in the middle.

Congratulations, you are now downloading the game.
GrayLotus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 am

Since the saves are in a separate part of the computer... I'm gonna delete and redownload the files(rather than overwrite like I've been doing).

Okay, the manual save does indeed work(it just doesn't seem like it since there's no indication that it did anything)... but my game still crashed trying to sleep at day 45... Am I going to have to start over(At least I'd be able to fix my name... once THAT's fixed...)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby RichardDix » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:03 am

Turbotowns wrote:Since the saves are in a separate part of the computer... I'm gonna delete and redownload the files(rather than overwrite like I've been doing).

Okay, the manual save does indeed work(it just doesn't seem like it since there's no indication that it did anything)... but my game still crashed trying to sleep at day 45... Am I going to have to start over(At least I'd be able to fix my name... once THAT's fixed...)?

I wasn't able to change my name, my game has the same name glitch as before. Since saves are located somewhere other than the game folder and the glitch still occurs, I'm starting to wonder if loading a save from 0.4.0.1 before creating a new save screwed my game in a good way.
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:15 pm

RichardDix wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Since the saves are in a separate part of the computer... I'm gonna delete and redownload the files(rather than overwrite like I've been doing).

I wasn't able to change my name, my game has the same name glitch as before. Since saves are located somewhere other than the game folder and the glitch still occurs, I'm starting to wonder if loading a save from 0.4.0.1 before creating a new save screwed my game in a good way.

At least names saved then...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Sulac » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:47 pm

Still working on the next update, but I figure I should take some time to respond to people.

Farfanuggen wrote:Also, is Creamy Milk only meant to be a 1 time gain now? I remember when you fed a cowgirl to a cowgirl, they'd give you Creamy Milk every time, but it was only once a day. I know about the infinite Creamy Milk before in 1 day. Just wondering if you were meant to keep getting Creamy Milk every day, once a day.

So, in older versions of the game, when you fed a cowgirl live prey, the chance she would produce Creamy Milk instead of regular milk would increase with each prey. Eventually you could guarantee Creamy Milk every day with enough feeding. Various changes behind the scenes made this method no longer feasible, so Creamy Milk had to be changed a bit. Now, you're guaranteed to obtain Creamy Milk the day after the cowgirl vores someone. Because this results in obtaining Creamy Milk more slowly, its sell price and stat growths were buffed to compensate.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, the audio is still bugged. And the name saving, though people probably already mentioned that one.

I could have sworn I fixed that, but apparently not.

Turbotowns wrote:...And I can't save(manually)(At least autosaving works).

Manual save works, I just... forgot to add an indication that it saved. Whoops.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, when selecting studs, the selection on the left progressively gets lower and lower until it's off the screen. I can still select the monstergirl for them to breed with and check their prices(and luckily it hasn't crashed the game... yet), it's just a visual issue. XD

As long as the menu itself is functional. The code to scroll the options is definitely still a wip.

Turbotowns wrote:Breeding with a monster boy(at least a cow), made them disappear(i thought at first they were moved to my bedroom, because... immersion. XD But they weren't there either), but they came back the next day.(Also, I love the MC's cute little pregnant belly~ X3)

Whoops, the check to not draw them when breeding (because they're being drawn over at their mate) doesn't check if it's the player they're breeding with. That'll be fixed.
Also, I'm glad you like the pregnant belly.

Turbotowns wrote:And erm, what's the rate at monsters dieing? They run out of hunger completely... then is there a number of days? or will it not happen until they run out of health? The bookcase said that they can die overnight if their health gets too low... what's the threshold for that? Like, their health has to be in the red or yellow before that'll happen?

It's solely Health. If Health drops below 20%, you start risking them dying overnight. The chance of death increases the lower Health goes, reaching guaranteed death at 0%. Leaving your monsters hungry will cause health to deplete each night.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, if two breeding monsters are eligible to eat each other, will the hungrier one always be the pred? That WOULD help effectively decide who eats who: just make sure the one you DON'T want eaten to be hungrier than their mate.

Priority actually simply goes to whichever one is in the "earlier" slot. The day advancement script runs through all the slots, top to bottom, performing the same checks and changes to each one in order. So whichever one gets their sex checks run first gets priority.

Turbotowns wrote:Ah, and can you make it so that we burp after eating monsters ourselves?

That's a small thing, easy enough.

Turbotowns wrote:(And speaking of vore, I kinda want to be able to eat NPCs(one even asks that's there's not anyone they know in our tummy while we have a full belly, I kinda want to be able to respond: "maybe~".), of course they would provide little to no stat boosts, It's mostly just to get a vore belly without eating a monster girl, and for a bit of rp)

On the one hand, I would want you to get something out of eating an NPC, but it would also have to come with some drawback (otherwise you basically have an infinite meal supply, since they regenerate every day). Maybe a stat boost in exchange for reputation loss, and losing the option to vore them if reputation drops too low.

Turbotowns wrote:Also, what the box under our money and reputation for

In the pause menu? That displays the confirmation message when eating an item in your inventory.

BananaPeter wrote:Hey! So I'm playing on a Mac using the Wine Bottler to open the file, but there's an error. It says it's missing \graphics_displayM.cpp, and yeah, I can't seem to find the file.
Is there by any chance that I could get a link for that specific file to download (I've tried to redownload the game from multiple links on your forums)?

I have literally no experience with Wine Bottler, so I'm afraid I can't help you. I've never even seen that filename anywhere.

Contests are supposed to be once a day only, but it looks like you can still go to the entry menu despite that. That'll be fixed. The important question for right now: can you enter the contest again after advancing to the next day?

RichardDix wrote:Here is the crash report for the "Z" glitch, but I'll correct what I said earlier about it only happening on new saves, because I caused it on my current game as well. This report is from when a new game was created and "Z" was pressed without moving or opening any menu.

Huh, strange. That indeed only happens if you press Z without pressing any other buttons in a newly loaded game. That'll be fixed.

Turbotowns wrote:Am I going to have to start over(At least I'd be able to fix my name... once THAT's fixed...)?

You know what, send me your save data. If you don't know where it is, it should be in the hidden AppData folder. If you don't know how to reach that, try entering this into your file browser (replace <USER> with whatever your computer's user folder is named): C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\MGRanch

RichardDix wrote:I wasn't able to change my name, my game has the same name glitch as before..

I could have sworn I fixed the name glitch. It works in my dev version of the game, at least.

RichardDix wrote:Since saves are located somewhere other than the game folder and the glitch still occurs, I'm starting to wonder if loading a save from 0.4.0.1 before creating a new save screwed my game in a good way.

There may actually be a small bit of save corruption going on, but it should be occurring only in the monster girl save file. Which is kinda why I want to see Turbotown's save data.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Persona59523 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:08 pm

dumd question since I haven't play the latest version or read the latest post but will there be bellies that show how many prey you have eaten
Persona59523
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game