Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.3.0 - Centaurs and Aging Update)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.1.2 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby iepie122 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:37 am

another crash, when you try to breed with a monster you already assigned someone to breed with, it crashes

of Draw Event
for object menu_controller:

local variable <unknown built-in variable>(-1610511631, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_menu_controller_Draw_64
############################################################################################
gml_Object_menu_controller_Draw_64 (line -1)
iepie122
Somewhat familiar

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.1.3 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby Sulac » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:50 pm

Update's up. This should fix most of the crashes that have been reported. I've had a bit of difficulty replicating some of the more recent crashes that were reported. Hopefully fixing the other crashes also fixed those. If not, sending me your save data is probably the fastest way to figure things out. Keep 'em coming, folks.

Spoiler: show
v0.5.1.3 - Bugfixes
-Fixed crash when monsters eat the farmhand
-Fixed crash when drawing Cowgirls that devoured their mate after sex
-Fixed issues with monster girls getting pregnant during the same night they give birth
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:45 pm

So got a little oopsie with the female teen mermaid.

Heres a pic: https://imgur.com/GrFy2xK
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:16 am

Progress has been slow for me, but I now have 100% of the human sprites done as well as the idle and vore sprites for the adult cows, still loads more to do but hope to get it done within the next couple months (probably not).
Cow.gif

Click the image if gif does not play automatically
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Dragonlord » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:35 pm

Not a hundred percent what caused this one. I *think* it was getting plowed by a centaur on the same night my starving cowgirl swallowed (hopefully) her partner caused it.

of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

local variable <unknown built-in variable>(-1610512503, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_advance_Sex
############################################################################################
gml_Script_advance_Sex (line -1)
gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls
gml_Script_advance_Day
gml_Object_obj_bed_Step_0
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:02 pm

I have a preview of what the cows breeding animation may look like, and while it needs some more work I'd like to know if there's anything you see that needs to change or is something you'd like the animation to do the the old animation didn't/couldn't do.
Cowgirlpreview.png
Cowgirlpreview.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 3058 times

*Edit
Following the last preview I also have what the vore sprites may look like, I tried to keep them to a similar size as they are in the normal animation.
Top row are the stomachs with the middle row being the pregnancy stomach, I know it might not make it in the game as there's not really a point for it, I just wanted to see how'd it look and thought you might liked to as well.
And the bottom row is just what was used to judge what size and shape the new sprites needed to be.
I haven't started on any sprites for when both had eaten as those will be a struggle to get both to fit in the same tiny space between the two without shrinking them but Im going to at least try to give a good crack at it. As always Im willing to listen to any feed back on them.
Stomachwork.png
Stomachwork.png (11.79 KiB) Viewed 3031 times

*Edit 2
Ive managed to get something that looks ok with minimal shrinking to the size of the stomachs, still have some tweaks to make but it is passable to me.
hmm.png
hmm.png (3.4 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.2.0 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby Sulac » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Update. This fixes a couple small things (I can't quite pinpoint the crashes) but this does add two new features.

Hired farmhands will now actually report what they collect and how much each night when you talk to them. I wanted them to do this from the beginning, but I only finally figured out how to do it properly.

The second feature is kinda big. Creamoi, the blue weirdo you sometimes see at the bar (who also happens to be my current avatar), will now sell monsters to you. She works differently from Musu Ranch though. Instead of having a functionally limitless supply of random monsters, Creamoi will only have 3 monsters for sale each day she appears. These three are generated when the day starts, and cannot be rerolled (or renamed). Their stats are visible, and can have stats above the average starting values for their species, unlike Musu Ranch. They of course cost more the higher their stats are.

Creamoi is also much more likely to sell Bullboys and Centaurs than other types of monsters. She's also much more likely to sell males than females.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonlord » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Not sure what happened but this happened in my first week using the update.

Edit: This bug is occurring on day 7 every time regardless of actions, gender, or first monster.

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [-1] out of range [26] - -5.mgirl(100074,-1)
at gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64
gml_Object_obj_bed_Draw_64 (line -1)
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:50 pm

of Step Event0
for object obj_bed:

local variable <unknown built-in variable>(-1610512442, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_advance_Sex
gml_Script_advance_Sex (line -1)
gml_Script_advance_MonsterGirls
gml_Script_advance_Day
gml_Object_obj_bed_Step_0

I'm not 100% sure what caused this. I just bought three monsterboys from Creamoi (1 Centaur and 2 Bullboys), I was having the male have sex with me (I'm playing a female character) and one of the Bullboys with the only Cowgirl I had. I didn't hire a stud for the only female Centaur I had but I doubt thats the problem cause the error mentions something wrong with the sex script, so its either the cowgirl eating the bullboy she's having sex with (which I doubt) or it has something to do with male centaur my character was gonna have sex with.

Edit: I should probably mention that this is on a fresh new game and I think I'm about 2 or 3 days in, I don't really pay attention to the number of days that have passed too busy going into town and hiring studs to sucker into having sex with my monster girls and then get eaten by them.

Also out of curiosity, how long does it take for each individual monster race to go from child to teen then to adult? I mean from what I've seen though I'm not sure, cowgirls/bullboys take about a week to a week and a half to go from child to teen then another week to week and a half from teen to adult, harpies seem to take a little longer than cowgirls/bullboys but shorter than Lamias or centaurs. I know the little tutorial "book" says each race takes a certain amount of time to go from child to a full grown adult but doesn't explicitly say what that exact amount of time is.

Edit to error report, it's got something to do with the male centaur as this time I only bought him from Creamori and had him breed with my female player character.
Last edited by InuyashalovesKagome on Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby WolfieTheScapeGoat » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:17 am

I have a few bugs to report first is a visual bug that I dont know what the couse is but Ive see a lot and its with people and monsters of all types, it looks like something is scaling the pixels in fractions, leading to some doubling in size and others not displaying at all, it sometimes happens for only some frames of an animation and it sometimes fixes itself if you walk around a bit, also some of the animations are drawing things outside the intended image, leading to some floating pixels, I remember seeing it on both the studs and adult centaurs.

Error.png

Error2.png

Also whenever the female player gives birth the child comes out an adult, I tried to see if this happens with every birth but any time one of my female monster gave birth the game crashed.

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [-1] out of range [26] - -5.mgirl(100074,-1)

And one last bug I found, if you are breeding with a monster with so low heath that they are going to die in the night, first the game will prompt you if you want to devour "?" not the monsters name, just a "?" then it will say they passed and this message will have their name, then in the morning if you try to breed with another monster you will be told that your already breeding with another monster, I assume the game still thinks your breeding with the monster that passed in the night, if you try to advance to the next day the game will crash, I assume because the game is trying to call up data on a monster that doesnt exist, I forgot to save the crash report for this one.
WolfieTheScapeGoat
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Another update POGGERS! Too bad for the few game breaking bugs. XD

And I still excitedly but patiently await this update:
Sulac wrote:Letting children in on vore... I think I'll bite the bullet and allow it.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Erecant » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Unfortunately I'm getting a bug right off the bat here on the new version.

Have 4 monster girls, cowgirl, harpy, lamia, and mermaid. Cowgirl is pregnant and is due to give birth on the next day, lamia is freshly pregnant(?).

When interacting with the bed to move the day along, the error report is as follows:

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

I can only assume it is having some problem with the new monster process when the cowgirl is having her child.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BMUd8854 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Roughly same situation here assuming that it's the cowgirl mechanic

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

Feel free to critique my work so I can improve in the future.
BMUd8854
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheFetishBeast » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:24 pm

So, after a little bit of testing, regarding the crash that people have been reporting, the crash below (I experiened it too before anyone had reported it),

of Draw Event
for object obj_bed:

I have come to conclude that it is NOT related to the cowgirl giving birth but rather ANY of the girls giving birth. No matter which girl was giving birth, the same crash always happened. The only girl it didn't crash for was the player. The player is able to give brith just fine.

EDIT: I just noticed WolfieTheScapeGoat's mention about the player giving birth to an adult. I never checked on the child after giving birth so I don't know if that happened to me too.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Re: Monster Girl Rancher (v0.5.2.1 - Centaurs and Aging Upda

Postby Sulac » Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:46 pm

Update. I think I finally figured out the issues with monsters giving birth. I'm much more confident in this one, because I looked at a section of code I hadn't thought to look at before, and found some terribly redundant and outdated programming.

Turbotowns wrote:And I still excitedly but patiently await this update:
Sulac wrote:Letting children in on vore... I think I'll bite the bullet and allow it.

Okay, I hate to do this. I really really do, because I did in fact say that. But after thinking things over some more, I realized that I'm actually super not okay with letting children in on vore anymore. I'm really sorry about this, but I've decided to walk back that decision. I hope y'all aren't too upset over that, but again, I'm really not comfortable with the idea anymore.
Sulac
Somewhat familiar

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Got a pic for ya, don't know what happened to the player sprite while doing the any girls/boys beauty contest

Here it is: https://i.imgur.com/4kHA52jh.png You can only barely see the feet.
Last edited by InuyashalovesKagome on Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:54 am

*siiiiiigh* Yeah, I kinda am. They're aren't real, and I was really looking forward to it, even thanked you profusely for it...

*sigh* Ugh... Whatever... it's your game... :(

-------------

Maybe, if you added fairies, they're small enough and the bellies will be big enough, that'll be a good consolation(the product could be fairy dust). Slimes too, but I've been requesting that forever!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Antigone » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Hello there. Maybe this question has already been asked, and i'm truly sorry if it is the case (52 pages, goddamit ><).
When i'm going to town there are only male characters everywhere. Is there is a way to have female townfolks?
Great game, btw.
Antigone
Somewhat familiar

Postby PonyVore » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Turbotowns wrote:*siiiiiigh* Yeah, I kinda am. They're aren't real, and I was really looking forward to it, even thanked you profusely for it...

*sigh* Ugh... Whatever... it's your game... :(

-------------

Maybe, if you added fairies, they're small enough and the bellies will be big enough, that'll be a good consolation(the product could be fairy dust). Slimes too, but I've been requesting that forever!

If you're going to complain that openly about it, you may as well try making your own game instead of requesting controversial stuff and then speaking ill of the creator's decision to avoid it. Underaged characters in vore are avoided by most people for a sound reason. Vore is a fetish, so any media directly involving vore as a fetish means that you're including children in sexual activities.

I'm not here to judge. If you like involving underaged characters in your fetishes, that's fine. But if someone else is uncomfortable with it, do NOT pressure them just because they have different beliefs.

Seriously, making a game is difficult even without people constantly criticizing your choices. Either make your own game or be polite to the person who's giving you this stuff for free.
PonyVore
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:21 am

PonyVore wrote:...try making your own game...

Oh, don't worry, I will... eventually...

Also, I wasn't TRYING to "speak ill"(What part was "ill"?). Though if you saw the original exchange, you'd understand that I'm not entirely unjustified with my complaints(They promised it originally, and now they went back on it. I didn't expect underage vore to get in when I requested it, the original agreeance was a pleasant surprise. Now I'm just feeling... "Yeah, what else is new..."). But, again, whatever. Like I said, it's their game. They can do whatever they want with it.

I HAVE been polite, and patient. This is like if you were promised a cake or something, but was denied it at the last second, I deserve at least a TINY bit of complaining. I understand their decision, I just wish they had shot down my request earlier, so that I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

*sigh* Again... whatever. It'll be a great game, regardless of what they do with it. And there was no guarantee that my request would have made it better.

Alright, I'm starting to repeat myself... let's end this here. Sorry.
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game