Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired

Postby Orosaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:45 pm

Current active team members team members
Orosaki (Interior maps/events/fine detailing/manager)
Turbotown (Exterior maps and dungeons)

Presently the first town has been finished as far as the map, all that need finished are the interior and events.

So here's what's presently in the game so far i wouldn't even call this pre alpha just the first town.
https://mega.nz/#!AaIRTYZL!CpsySxhGMuA2 ... DVxaPHkR1M

I decided with turbo to release it as it currently is in the hopes of attracting some people to the project. If you wanna help out feel free to message me, but one things for sure without a scripter we won't be able to do this.
Last edited by Orosaki on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: How many of you guys liked vore night+

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:06 pm

well , i liked it alot. sadly like alot other games it never continue^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Date Masamune » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 pm

well I like it a lot but I wish there was a bit more to the game... like I don't know something for everyone.
Date Masamune
Participator

Postby Deadman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:44 pm

That was the one where, near the beginning, you ate the girl who was going on her little spirit journey with you, right? Yeah, that was great.
Deadman
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Deadman wrote:That was the one where, near the beginning, you ate the girl who was going on her little spirit journey with you, right? Yeah, that was great.

but does anybody wanna do a collab effort to make one like that and have me manage things so the game gets completed
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:28 pm

Orosaki wrote:i wanna try pulling together a collaborative effort to make a spiritual successor to that game one that is nice and fulfilling. I would play the role of manager in the collaboration and making sure if one person is unable to do their part and has to leave i get another person to take their place.

I think if there are going to be vore games when need confidants or managers to ensure the thing gets finished and doesn't end up as vaporware. I'm not sure how much time i'd have to devote to working on the game itself, but if i can at least ensure it makes it to completeion it's enough for me you know.

I've seen a few threads like this before with someone wanting to take the role of director/manager to direct everyone on how work should be done without doing any of the actual tasks themselves.

They rarely go well.

Content creators don't feel very respected at the sentiment of needing a manager. Or being told what to do by someone who isn't contributing.

Just a friendly warning, threads like this often quickly devolve into flamewars. Tread carefully.

Good luck though, I have my own projects and commissions that keep me busy away from anyone else's goals.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby jasamprn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:36 pm

I did Love Vore Night +.

But this will be dead in the water unless you yourself bring a useful skill to the table. Management's a dime a dozen I'm afraid.
Or money. Some peeps around here take commissions.
jasamprn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Orosaki wrote:i wanna try pulling together a collaborative effort to make a spiritual successor to that game one that is nice and fulfilling. I would play the role of manager in the collaboration and making sure if one person is unable to do their part and has to leave i get another person to take their place.

I think if there are going to be vore games when need confidants or managers to ensure the thing gets finished and doesn't end up as vaporware. I'm not sure how much time i'd have to devote to working on the game itself, but if i can at least ensure it makes it to completeion it's enough for me you know.

I've seen a few threads like this before with someone wanting to take the role of director/manager to direct everyone on how work should be done without doing any of the actual tasks themselves.

They rarely go well.

Content creators don't feel very respected at the sentiment of needing a manager. Or being told what to do by someone who isn't contributing.

Just a friendly warning, threads like this often quickly devolve into flamewars. Tread carefully.

Good luck though, I have my own projects and commissions that keep me busy away from anyone else's goals.

Of course i'll be doing my own work I'm pretty good with map. Mostly as manager of the collab if someone i s no longer able to continue working on the project i'll need to bring someone else in. Which is why plot and character development direction as well their personality will be my decision. When it comes to the specifics on how the direction is achieved well it's up to the writer in all honesty. After all having creative freedom with minor constraints is better than sudden this shy introverted character is now suddenly popular and outgoing.

Thing is i just don't wanna do everything myself. Most of these vore games fail because it's one person doing all the work and that can sometimes be an issue right there. Though some individuals are able to pull it off seemlessly like mysta for example. But i doubt there are many who are as dedicated as he is.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:30 pm

I would DEFINITELY love to see Vore Night revived, I've got some experience with RPGMaker VX Ace, but I don't know how to script yet. And I have NO experience with a managed project like what your proposing. I'll do what I can. But know that I'm a MEGANOOB and will likely need some handholding for the coordination, but things like making maps, plot(already imagined how I think the story would go after the demo ends a little), and the ins and out of the engine(like setting up variables and some mechanics, I can do.

Meanwhile the most important mechanic is, of course, the vore; And I should mention I asked the original vore night creator if I could use the vore script used in vore night(to try to create my own spiritual successor with VX Ace, and they already gave me the go ahead, Though I have no idea how to GET the script from the games code, or replicate it manually). Meanwhile there are two other games that use vore similarly to vore night: Discordia's Tale, and the Aspects of Swallow; Both of which are made in VX Ace(and leave their project files in the download, so I could easily rip the script from one of those... If I could find it...).
Turbotowns
???

Postby night22 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:28 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:

They rarely go well.

This. I've seen so many people try to start spiritual successors or unofficial sequels to famous old games, but nothing happens after a lot of hot air. Honestly I'd direct effort towards making an original game, since it really wouldn't be the same without the original writer.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:40 am

Vore Night+ had SO MUCH POTENTIAL....
but sadly the creator has disappeared... Nobody knows what happened, and frankly, it's depressing.

I can't even play the game anymore. TT.TT; My comp is "incompatible" with it and it just won't play properly. Crashed a lot.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Orosaki » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:14 am

Turbotowns wrote:I would DEFINITELY love to see Vore Night revived, I've got some experience with RPGMaker VX Ace, but I don't know how to script yet. And I have NO experience with a managed project like what your proposing. I'll do what I can. But know that I'm a MEGANOOB and will likely need some handholding for the coordination, but things like making maps, plot(already imagined how I think the story would go after the demo ends a little), and the ins and out of the engine(like setting up variables and some mechanics, I can do.

Meanwhile the most important mechanic is, of course, the vore; And I should mention I asked the original vore night creator if I could use the vore script used in vore night(to try to create my own spiritual successor with VX Ace, and they already gave me the go ahead, Though I have no idea how to GET the script from the games code, or replicate it manually). Meanwhile there are two other games that use vore similarly to vore night: Discordia's Tale, and the Aspects of Swallow; Both of which are made in VX Ace(and leave their project files in the download, so I could easily rip the script from one of those... If I could find it...).

We may end up using mv but mv is not that different from ace aside from the generator and the fact it already uses battler sprites. so you should be fine can you see if you can't get help from the guy who made the original mechanics. If shadowblaze is the guy who made vore night he was on ekas last month.

Whether ace or mv is used is dependent on how easy to implement the changes and implement the mechanics is will definitely go for the easier one, though i'd prefer to use ace since it has internal tiles whereas mv does not.

However that may not be necessary if we get the rpg maker 2003 engine it's available in english ins team right now. In which case it may just be better to use rm2k3. although someone would have to pay for it first. We could possibly extract the vore mechanic from that game and gets someone who knows what they're doing to replicate similar functionality in the other engines. rpg2k3 is quite different from current rpg makers
Last edited by Orosaki on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:23 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Vore Night+ had SO MUCH POTENTIAL....
but sadly the creator has disappeared... Nobody knows what happened, and frankly, it's depressing.

I can't even play the game anymore. TT.TT; My comp is "incompatible" with it and it just won't play properly. Crashed a lot.

I could probably still play it if i had the game. I'll see about downloading itand cracking it open.

Just downloaded it and the game still works on my comp At least thats one thing windows 10 got right.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Appo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:36 am

I consider that the components of Vore Night+ that made the game so enjoyable for what it was were that it accomplished several things very well.

The game included a lot of belly play. Whether that be talking to the prey girl, random encounters or being eaten together by the water monster. There was well written dialogue between these characters inside bellies.

The game has a significant focus on the thoughts and feelings of the prey towards being eaten. The first girl was open and forward about her desires at being eaten but she is regretful about being eaten. Her interactions reveal this mindset and the player is given the opportunity to nudge her towards final acceptance or final regret. The same with the second girl who is afraid of her vorish desires and requires the player's influence to accept them. The game is about the mental and almost spiritual journeys of a predator and the prey they encounter towards being eaten. Descriptions of digestion were also very brief as that was very secondary or tertiary to the relationship between pred and prey.

It's not obvious to the player that their statements are what will influence the feelings of the prey girls around them towards being eaten. The player is influencing their prey's thoughts about being eaten through expressing one or another instantiation of their feelings about eating them and the prey's feelings adjust. In this way the predator is coaching their prey towards their demise or freely expressing their true opinions and letting the prey respond, it's up to the player to interpret.

To anyone wishing to create a spiritual successor I consider that these components are what made Vore Night+ so enjoyable. I recommend that you should consider these in the way you craft your game.

Is there anything else people can suggest that contributed to Vore Night+ being so good?
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:46 am

Appo wrote:I consider that the components of Vore Night+ that made the game so enjoyable for what it was were that it accomplished several things very well.

The game included a lot of belly play. Whether that be talking to the prey girl, random encounters or being eaten together by the water monster. There was well written dialogue between these characters inside bellies.

The game has a significant focus on the thoughts and feelings of the prey towards being eaten. The first girl was open and forward about her desires at being eaten but she is regretful about being eaten. Her interactions reveal this mindset and the player is given the opportunity to nudge her towards final acceptance or final regret. The same with the second girl who is afraid of her vorish desires and requires the player's influence to accept them. The game is about the mental and almost spiritual journeys of a predator and the prey they encounter towards being eaten. Descriptions of digestion were also very brief as that was very secondary or tertiary to the relationship between pred and prey.

It's not obvious to the player that their statements are what will influence the feelings of the prey girls around them towards being eaten. The player is influencing their prey's thoughts about being eaten through expressing one or another instantiation of their feelings about eating them and the prey's feelings adjust. In this way the predator is coaching their prey towards their demise or freely expressing their true opinions and letting the prey respond, it's up to the player to interpret.

To anyone wishing to create a spiritual successor I consider that these components are what made Vore Night+ so enjoyable. I recommend that you should consider these in the way you craft your game.

Is there anything else people can suggest that contributed to Vore Night+ being so good?

what about how what you ate affected your stats. Not to many games implement something like that plus the fullness system was unique to vore night as well most other games you eat someone then have to wait til they've digested to do anything else.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Appo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:46 am

Yes absolutely. I felt the freedom the player was given to interact with the world after eating, and having the world respond to you differently, made the world more well... interactive. Nyan Adventure's had a similar impact with Nee having continued interactions with her prey in response to time passing.
Appo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:42 am

Appo wrote:Yes absolutely. I felt the freedom the player was given to interact with the world after eating, and having the world respond to you differently, made the world more well... interactive. Nyan Adventure's had a similar impact with Nee having continued interactions with her prey in response to time passing.

It's kind of a shame too there aren't more like that.

I would preferably like to start working on the game now but i'm not going to for one reason. That being i don't have the scripts necessary to make this work nor the skills for making the scripts.

Until that issue is settled work cannot even begin Too many times have i started a non vore rpg maker project only to not be able to find or use the scripts i need to make it work the way i wanted it to. I certainly won't subject anyone else to that either. We'd also definitely need sprite work done too but that can be implemented later.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby b5n » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:14 am

one of my favourite vore game of all time :D
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby EtPerMun » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:11 pm

My favourite vore RPG Maker game, and one of the very few RPG Maker games I actually liked.
EtPerMun
Participator

Postby necross » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:47 pm

I loved this game and seeing this topic i looked for my old file (that i lucky still have) and played it again.
necross
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game