Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: How many of you guys liked vore night+

Postby Orosaki » Tue May 22, 2018 11:48 pm

A shame nobody who knows how to script has signed up yet. We can't really start unless we got a scripter, or someone who can sort out the vore stuff and make jet's sideview battle work.

Plus a spiritual successor need to expand on what is already present in the game too.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ABrinson27 » Wed May 23, 2018 1:43 am

If you want I can post this form on my blog to see if we can find a scripter
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed May 23, 2018 5:22 am

ABrinson27 wrote:If you want I can post this form on my blog to see if we can find a scripter

"We"? Are you joining the team? Sorry if I sound sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious, we need people for different jobs.
Turbotowns
???

Postby ABrinson27 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 am

Cant really help that much but I'm really tired of good games being made then are unable to be finished. Plus I really like vore night and the fact that someone is finally remaking it is awesome.
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby kongpow » Wed May 23, 2018 1:22 pm

Orosaki wrote:
Of course i'll be doing my own work I'm pretty good with map. Mostly as manager of the collab if someone i s no longer able to continue working on the project i'll need to bring someone else in. Which is why plot and character development direction as well their personality will be my decision.

Ok. Ryan pointed out some stuff about this in page 1, so no need to go over it. Good luck on finding people for the project.

jasamprn wrote:I did Love Vore Night +.

But this will be dead in the water unless you yourself bring a useful skill to the table. Management's a dime a dozen I'm afraid.
Or money. Some peeps around here take commissions.

No one responded to this? A commission seems like an effective way to get a capable script writer.

Orosaki wrote:A shame nobody who knows how to script has signed up yet. We can't really start unless we got a scripter, or someone who can sort out the vore stuff and make jet's sideview battle work.

Plus a spiritual successor need to expand on what is already present in the game too.

Wait, what happened to it being the managers job to find people?

Also, if you are doing the maps, plot, and character development, what is left to spiritually success besides scripts and sprite work? Seems kind of upside down... Maybe it has something to do with why no one has "signed up" to do the script work that you feel isn't worth your time...

I'm not trying to knock this project, as I would love to see another vore night+. But let's be realistic here. You, the "manager", should really consider commissioning someone for script writing, as this project is likely to never to get off the ground otherwise.

Good luck though, and hopefully I'm wrong.
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Thu May 24, 2018 4:52 am

kongpow wrote:
Orosaki wrote:
Of course i'll be doing my own work I'm pretty good with map. Mostly as manager of the collab if someone i s no longer able to continue working on the project i'll need to bring someone else in. Which is why plot and character development direction as well their personality will be my decision.

Ok. Ryan pointed out some stuff about this in page 1, so no need to go over it. Good luck on finding people for the project.

jasamprn wrote:I did Love Vore Night +.

But this will be dead in the water unless you yourself bring a useful skill to the table. Management's a dime a dozen I'm afraid.
Or money. Some peeps around here take commissions.

No one responded to this? A commission seems like an effective way to get a capable script writer.

Orosaki wrote:A shame nobody who knows how to script has signed up yet. We can't really start unless we got a scripter, or someone who can sort out the vore stuff and make jet's sideview battle work.

Wait, what happened to it being the managers job to find people?

Also, if you are doing the maps, plot, and character development, what is left to spiritually success besides scripts and sprite work? Seems kind of upside down... Maybe it has something to do with why no one has "signed up" to do the script work that you feel isn't worth your time...

I'm not trying to knock this project, as I would love to see another vore night+. But let's be realistic here. You, the "manager", should really consider commissioning someone for script writing, as this project is likely to never to get off the ground otherwise.

Good luck though, and hopefully I'm wrong.

Only the core story, plot, and characters (mine) are what i give the direction for however the main story doesn't necessarily revolve around the core story,, or characters aside from the main and secondary protags, rather each character that is added can alter how the main story plays out through their abilities. Non core characters are added by people other than me.

The core story revolves only around those specific characters and the plot is specific to them, characters added by people other than me will affect plot direction when such characters are added.

In other words the main story is a tree. Everything by me is the trunk, and everything by the other people working on it is a branching pathway that the story and plot can take.

As for finding scripters a lot of vore games have this issue of finding the people they need. the same is said for spriters. Scripters and spriters tend to be the most difficult to find it seems, while people who can do the story are a dime a dozen it seems.

when i tried doing a non vore project i had similar issues simply getting help with making a script work, which should say something about how hard it is to actually get the help. And that was just me asking for some pointers.

Also i don't have the funds to do commisions either. Much as i'd love to be able to commission a script writer my funds are currently tied up in other matters.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Thu May 24, 2018 4:56 am

ABrinson27 wrote:Cant really help that much but I'm really tired of good games being made then are unable to be finished. Plus I really like vore night and the fact that someone is finally remaking it is awesome.

That would definitely be helpful. I do now have the side view battle script the we needed so really all that's left is to implement that and we can probably start work with what we have.

Though honestly i've only gotten the script to half work, I've never gotten enemy sprites to work with it though i am told it is possible to do so.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ABrinson27 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:20 am

I have it done now lets hope someone see it
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Thu May 24, 2018 8:36 pm

ABrinson27 wrote:I have it done now lets hope someone see it

Sorry that i have to rely on you for help on this. If i knew better places to look and currently wasn't consistently tired i'd do more myself. The past week or so has been rough, i've been sleeping so much and now have a headache from it. Not to mention i kind of feel ill to my stomach, though in all likelihood thats the headache causing it.

Also it's not a remake but a spiritual successor. I don't wanna give people the wrong idea. It'll have everything that made vore night great but more.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ABrinson27 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:54 pm

oh no its completely fine I just want a game I like to be finished for once there are so many games I like that were never finished like the voreland project and its not that I blame the creator, life problems can keep you busy but for once there is a game i really want done . There are a list of games that I have that i like where some are done and some are not.
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=52994
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Altimos » Thu May 24, 2018 10:04 pm

When you talk about scripting, are you actually talking about scripts or eventing?

I just want to make sure that you're pointing out exactly what you are looking for.

Ancient Reckoning employs 74 actual ruby scripts (using VX Ace, as MV uses Javascript plugins)... but I'm also approaching 500 events, and almost 1000 variables (After all the random responses are done, there will be over 10,000 variables).

Employing a few Scripts isn't the issue actually, they are pretty much drag and drop and edit the editable portions of it. The real problem is the AMOUNT of scripts you have running and if they will play nice with each other. It took me almost 2 years to get all of my scripts to work together (6 months alone on the HD resolution script), and rollbacking was used a lot. Granted a lot of my time was spent in classes and work...

But I think the eventing is what is going to really tie up your hands... depending how extensive your game is going to be. I find it quite tedious making common events, creating variables and variable arrays... sometimes it can be overwhelming. So I only hope that you'll find somebody strong in that department to really push out those events.

I wish you good luck...

Altimos
Ancient Reckoning Chronicles

I also roleplay, but cannot find a site yet to display a good enough interpretation of my preferences. So... just ask me.
Altimos
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Fri May 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Altimos wrote:When you talk about scripting, are you actually talking about scripts or eventing?

I just want to make sure that you're pointing out exactly what you are looking for.

Ancient Reckoning employs 74 actual ruby scripts (using VX Ace, as MV uses Javascript plugins)... but I'm also approaching 500 events, and almost 1000 variables (After all the random responses are done, there will be over 10,000 variables).

Employing a few Scripts isn't the issue actually, they are pretty much drag and drop and edit the editable portions of it. The real problem is the AMOUNT of scripts you have running and if they will play nice with each other. It took me almost 2 years to get all of my scripts to work together (6 months alone on the HD resolution script), and rollbacking was used a lot. Granted a lot of my time was spent in classes and work...

But I think the eventing is what is going to really tie up your hands... depending how extensive your game is going to be. I find it quite tedious making common events, creating variables and variable arrays... sometimes it can be overwhelming. So I only hope that you'll find somebody strong in that department to really push out those events.

I wish you good luck...

Altimos

I no worries i got that part covered cept for the vore event stuff. But there are some scripting things that i'll need help with for sure.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby b5n » Sat May 26, 2018 5:08 pm

i hope this new game is going to be ass great ass the old one
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat May 26, 2018 11:49 pm

b5n wrote:i hope this new game is going to be ass great ass the old one

That's the plan.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Wed May 30, 2018 12:12 am

Time to start work on the project. We can worry about the vore stuff later but unfortunately there won't be a reease until the vore stuff can be implemented.

I figure this might be best since most of the vore stuff takes place in battle as opposed to on the map, so in essence we could start work on the story now and then throw in the vore stuff later.

We'll also battletest enemies to hopefully scale properly.

The reason why i'm saying this is im tired of waiting around for a reply or someone who knows how to script to come onboard.
Last edited by Orosaki on Wed May 30, 2018 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ABrinson27 » Wed May 30, 2018 12:14 am

Ah ok still no luck with the scripter
ABrinson27
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Wed May 30, 2018 12:16 am

ABrinson27 wrote:Ah ok still no luck with the scripter

Not yet unless you'd want to take a few scripting classes and join us.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:28 pm

well we are beginning the iitial phases of getting things on the road. development will begin shortly.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby b5n » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 pm

you should change the topic name
b5n
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:23 pm

b5n wrote:you should change the topic name

We would if we had a name for the game but atm it's just project vore night, which isn't gonna fly with me. If anyone has any suggestions i'm open to it.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game