Looking for Scripter/Sprite creator. Vore Night inspired

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: How many of you guys liked vore night+

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:50 am

Orosaki wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote:Vore Night+ had SO MUCH POTENTIAL....
but sadly the creator has disappeared... Nobody knows what happened, and frankly, it's depressing.

I can't even play the game anymore. TT.TT; My comp is "incompatible" with it and it just won't play properly. Crashed a lot.

I could probably still play it if i had the game. I'll see about downloading itand cracking it open.

Just downloaded it and the game still works on my comp At least thats one thing windows 10 got right.

I can still play it to(the text is just barely readable).

Orosaki wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:I would DEFINITELY love to see Vore Night revived, I've got some experience with RPGMaker VX Ace, but I don't know how to script yet. And I have NO experience with a managed project like what your proposing. I'll do what I can. But know that I'm a MEGANOOB and will likely need some handholding for the coordination, but things like making maps, plot(already imagined how I think the story would go after the demo ends a little), and the ins and out of the engine(like setting up variables and some mechanics, I can do.

Meanwhile the most important mechanic is, of course, the vore; And I should mention I asked the original vore night creator if I could use the vore script used in vore night(to try to create my own spiritual successor with VX Ace, and they already gave me the go ahead, Though I have no idea how to GET the script from the games code, or replicate it manually). Meanwhile there are two other games that use vore similarly to vore night: Discordia's Tale, and the Aspects of Swallow; Both of which are made in VX Ace(and leave their project files in the download, so I could easily rip the script from one of those... If I could find it...).

We may end up using mv but mv is not that different from ace aside from the generator and the fact it already uses battler sprites. so you should be fine can you see if you can't get help from the guy who made the original mechanics. If shadowblaze is the guy who made vore night he was on ekas last month.

Whether ace or mv is used is dependent on how easy to implement the changes and implement the mechanics is will definitely go for the easier one, though i'd prefer to use ace since it has internal tiles whereas mv does not.

However that may not be necessary if we get the rpg maker 2003 engine it's available in english ins team right now. In which case it may just be better to use rm2k3. although someone would have to pay for it first. We could possibly extract the vore mechanic from that game and gets someone who knows what they're doing to replicate similar functionality in the other engines. rpg2k3 is quite different from current rpg makers

If we used MV, I would need to buy that to help. And aside from extracting the code, I recommend trying it with a more recent maker. they just look cleaner and more up to date.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:52 am

EtPerMun wrote:My favourite vore RPG Maker game, and one of the very few RPG Maker games I actually liked.
necross wrote:I loved this game and seeing this topic i looked for my old file (that i lucky still have) and played it again.
b5n wrote:one of my favourite vore game of all time :D

This game is very much loved, I too find it one of my favorites ever, right now we're only in the discussion phase. But if we're really going to do this, we gotta stick to it, and do it justice. It deserves no less.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:50 am

Turbotowns wrote:
EtPerMun wrote:My favourite vore RPG Maker game, and one of the very few RPG Maker games I actually liked.
necross wrote:I loved this game and seeing this topic i looked for my old file (that i lucky still have) and played it again.

This game is very much loved, I too find it one of my favorites ever, right now we're only in the discussion phase. But if we're really going to do this, we gotta stick to it, and do it justice. It deserves no less.

Well without the scripts all this topic is ever gonna be is hot air. Starting work will be impossible without them as the game revolves around those specific mechanics. Plus if this is gonna be a spiritual successor it needs to improve upon the original mechanics and expand them more, I have some ideas on that but they can wait until we get the original mechanics into place.

It needs to be said that a game is nothing without it's mechanics. Mechanics are what drive a game to be what it is. We aloso do need spritework too but that part isn't as important as the mechanics, since sprites can be added in any time.

We won't start work the actual game until the mechanics are just right, no sense making a game when the mechanics aren't fully there. cuz then we'd just hafta go over all our work again.

I don't mind doing it on ace in fact i'd prefer it. We can use jets side battle only thing i haven't figured out how to do enemy sprites with that, unless we need custom sprites. I tried getting help to make the enemy sprites work but, no such luck. I guess someone else who's familiar with it's proper use will have to work wirth it.

I also don't wanna be the only one doing maps either i can do outdoor areas and indoor areas fine but dungeons and large towns tend to be my weak point.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:11 am

Orosaki wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

Well without the scripts all this topic is ever gonna be is hot air. Starting work will be impossible without them as the game revolves around those specific mechanics. Plus if this is gonna be a spiritual successor it needs to improve upon the original mechanics and expand them more, I have some ideas on that but they can wait until we get the original mechanics into place.

It needs to be said that a game is nothing without it's mechanics. Mechanics are what drive a game to be what it is. We aloso do need spritework too but that part isn't as important as the mechanics, since sprites can be added in any time.

We won't start work the actual game until the mechanics are just right, no sense making a game when the mechanics aren't fully there. cuz then we'd just hafta go over all our work again.

I don't mind doing it on ace in fact i'd prefer it. We can use jets side battle only thing i haven't figured out how to do enemy sprites with that, unless we need custom sprites. I tried getting help to make the enemy sprites work but, no such luck. I guess someone else who's familiar with it's proper use will have to work wirth it.

I also don't wanna be the only one doing maps either i can do outdoor areas and indoor areas fine but dungeons and large towns tend to be my weak point.

Oh, I'd love to design dungeons and cities! Though whether they're my weak/strong point(I.E. whether or not their any good), is up to the critics.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Yea you can do exterior and i can do interior. But again we cant start working on this without the scripts. without them we have no vore game.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:59 am

Orosaki wrote:Yea you can do exterior and i can do interior. But again we cant start working on this without the scripts. without them we have no vore game.

Well, if we need RPGmaker 2k3 to get said scripts, I need to buy it(and find it first), and I currently don't have any money, and even THEN I wouldn't know where it is in the soup of scripts in the maker. This is all assuming that a project file exists to access once we have to maker. I'll see if I can ask the original creator.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Drakang » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:42 am

RPGmaker 2k3, doesn't have script only standards rpg maker event(Scripts only arrived with xp). It also isn't buyable you can't get a legal copy of it. As for accessing the project file, there is plenty of free tools to decrypt Rpgmaker archive file.
If you want to add to my interactive story : (I may remove chapter)
Check my portfolio on writing.com ==> http://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/view/drakong
Drakang
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:22 pm

Drakang wrote:RPGmaker 2k3, doesn't have script only standards rpg maker event(Scripts only arrived with xp). It also isn't buyable you can't get a legal copy of it. As for accessing the project file, there is plenty of free tools to decrypt Rpgmaker archive file.

valve begs to differ.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/36287 ... aker_2003/

But about those free tools where exactly are they? And which one would you recommend.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Drakang » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Orosaki wrote:
Drakang wrote:RPGmaker 2k3, doesn't have script only standards rpg maker event(Scripts only arrived with xp). It also isn't buyable you can't get a legal copy of it. As for accessing the project file, there is plenty of free tools to decrypt Rpgmaker archive file.

valve begs to differ.

But about those free tools where exactly are they? And which one would you recommend.

I was mistaken for the sale it used to be unavalible, as for free tool usually I search google and the name of the encrypted rpg maker file(usually a rgssa something) but Vore night + doesn't seem to be encrypted so you can just open it in RPG maker 2k3
Check my portfolio on writing.com ==> http://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/view/drakong
Drakang
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:12 am

Drakang wrote:
Orosaki wrote:

valve begs to differ.

I was mistaken for the sale it used to be unavalible, as for free tool usually I search google and the name of the encrypted rpg maker file(usually a rgssa something) but Vore night + doesn't seem to be encrypted so you can just open it in RPG maker 2k3

Yea apparently according to the store this is the first time it is available in english if such a statement is to be believed. Yet despite that vore night and another rpg called laxius power (not a vore game) exists.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Drakang » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:44 am

Fan translated version existed for a long time, Vore Night + wasn't made with a legally aquired version of Rpg maker 2k3
Drakang
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:53 am

Drakang wrote:Fan translated version existed for a long time, Vore Night + wasn't made with a legally aquired version of Rpg maker 2k3

Huh i wonder if indinera the guy behind laxius power could speak japanese seeing as how rm 2k3 wasn't in english. Either way that is neither here nor there, we still need to get the vore stuff working. And we also will need sprite artists too. And someone familiar with jet's side view battle because i have no clue how to get enemy sprites working using it. One of the few reasons why my previous game didn't pan out. And possibly a writer too who vore.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Terrorsaurzilla » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:02 am

If you guys want I could either grab the common events from Vore Night as I got RPG Maker 2000k3 on my computer or I could just recreate it for you guys in RPG Maker VX Ace as the event code isn't even that complicated.
Terrorsaurzilla
Been posting for a bit

Postby Orosaki » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 am

Terrorsaurzilla wrote:If you guys want I could either grab the common events from Vore Night as I got RPG Maker 2000k3 on my computer or I could just recreate it for you guys in RPG Maker VX Ace as the event code isn't even that complicated.

That would definitely help. I also wanted to have the common events expand upon since this will be a spiritual successor. I mean the original stuff was great but a few areas could be expanded upon too.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nanakra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:31 pm

You have been visited by the magical RPG Maker vore fairy.
Her RMVXA resources that she made when she was going to remake Vore Night + herself has been attached.
Remember to boop the frog on the nose so that it eats all of your bugs, but beware the danger noodle who will eat your fingers!
----
Zip includes RM VX Ace resources for Vela and Skyla in sizes Macro to Micro and in several different behaviors, Face sets for Vela and Skyla, Bust-ups for Vela and Skyla, and digested bolus for both Vela and Skyla.
Attachments
Vore Night+VXA.zip
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:37 am

nanakra wrote:You have been visited by the magical RPG Maker vore fairy.
Her RMVXA resources that she made when she was going to remake Vore Night + herself has been attached.
Remember to boop the frog on the nose so that it eats all of your bugs, but beware the danger noodle who will eat your fingers!
----
Zip includes RM VX Ace resources for Vela and Skyla in sizes Macro to Micro and in several different behaviors, Face sets for Vela and Skyla, Bust-ups for Vela and Skyla, and digested bolus for both Vela and Skyla.

Holy shit, these are amazing! Vela's other 3 mouths are a little awkward to look at, but damn, this is fantastic!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Orosaki » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:12 pm

nanakra wrote:You have been visited by the magical RPG Maker vore fairy.
----

you intended to remake vore night yourself too?

I mean originally i was just going to make a spirtual successor with nothing to do with the original vore night. I guess we could use these as a referential nod to vore night and the roots of the spiritual successor. Perhaps they'll be used as hidden characters.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Terrorsaurzilla wrote:If you guys want I could either grab the common events from Vore Night as I got RPG Maker 2000k3 on my computer or I could just recreate it for you guys in RPG Maker VX Ace as the event code isn't even that complicated.

It'd probably be better to work towards creating our own variant of those common events. them in vxace. don't get me wrong but i'm not sure how feasible it'd be to build upon the old ones. Better to start from the beginning that way you're familiar with how everything works. Plusni was hoping to expand upon the mechanics too which is why i was worried about building upon them.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:16 am

Well the biggest thing I saw that I thought was rather nifty, was the fact that Elle's devourment scene was nothing but a Battle animation.
Which means it could possibly be more detailed...
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Terrorsaurzilla » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 am

Hey guys, just thought I'd give a heads up on a couple of things.

I'm in the process of reworking a lot of VN's code over to VX Ace which has been a bit of a pain since RM 2003 was actually more advanced than the future iterations however there have been work arounds.

The only issues I may have is reformatting the old graphics for Ace and sorting out the combat system although I have been looking at the Battle Engine Symphony system which seems like it would work.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I can release what is essentially the original Vore Night reworked for VX Ace so that people can continue developing it from there.
Terrorsaurzilla
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game