Retale - Free Vore Game - Full Version

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Retale - Free Vore Game - Full Version

Postby Retale » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 am

Mab17 wrote:
empatheticapathy wrote:This is really fun and unique - but I think the player needs to be able to save more. It gets irritating having to hold enter to skip through long cutscenes I've already seen before because I made a choice that killed me - especially if it wasn't obviously going to do so.

Agreed.
SPOILERS:
Spoiler: show
After reaching what seemed to be the end of the game--or close to it--I was suddenly and jarringly murdered by Simone for having the audacity to investigate a broken door. Why, if I was instrumental to saving and reorganizing the company, would one of my coworkers spontaneously kill me, not to mention erase a good half hour of progress with no option to save?

Beyond that, the safe mode in general is really annoying. I assumed that picking it meant that the vore was safe and I was clear to explore without fear of dying or being hurt (completely ruins it for me), but I just ended up getting killed, even by friendly coworkers.

Sorry. I don't mean to just rag on the game--there's a lot of good stuff here. It's just kind of hard to get to, and, in my opinion, presented incorrectly.

Hey Mab!

No I completely understand your frustration. Originally the game was only going to have the one sorta path when it came to the vore. I wasn't aware people killed you in Safe mode? The whole sort of deal I tried to go for with Safe mode is that you fell asleep in stomachs and woke up again outside them. The sort of dream realm that you enter each time you fall asleep. You don't get digested to my knowledge of the dialogues.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:52 am

Hello there!
I may have been a little harsh in my wording, but you go into a belly, fall asleep, and do not come back out, instead reverting to a scene or two before you were swallowed--and if you've already done so twice, you are forever trapped in a dream, causing you to lose and go back to your last save.
Effectively meaning that you are dead and have to start over from your last save, which is in itself slightly annoying.
Basically, when I saw that there was a safe mode, I assumed I could safely make a trip into a friendly belly and come back out unscathed, not forced into a game over, which, while not as upsetting as killing or digestion, is still somewhat jarring and ruins the experience. I understand that this is your game and not every game needs to appeal to everyone, but maybe a more direct explanation that this isn't much of a safe prey game, and that vore always leads to game over?

Also,
if you die after saving the company, you go all the way back to before you even start the meeting with the board, and there are apparently several ways to die. I've been suddenly killed by Simone with no warning, and by some kind of...ghost...cat...thing? while printing papers. If no other changes are to be made, I'd say that there at least needs to be a save point after you become the new manager, if there's still some chunk of gameplay left holding multiple ways to lose.
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby JohnNomynous » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 am

Hey, just happened to come across this game and thought it was pretty amazing! The characters especially seemed to pop for me and each held a pretty interesting personality. Just thought I'd say great job and impressive work!

But I also came to report what I think may be a bug.
I noticed that in Day 5 (or at least I'm pretty sure it was) that after following Ava back to her office for lunch and exhausting the "..." dialogue the game seems to go on an infinite loop for limbo (the first part only). I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but I thought I should point it out to be helpful.

All in all though this game was absolutely fantastic and a pleasure to play!
JohnNomynous
New to the forum

Postby ian66613 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:13 am

Retale wrote:Hey Mab!

No I completely understand your frustration. Originally the game was only going to have the one sorta path when it came to the vore. I wasn't aware people killed you in Safe mode? The whole sort of deal I tried to go for with Safe mode is that you fell asleep in stomachs and woke up again outside them. The sort of dream realm that you enter each time you fall asleep. You don't get digested to my knowledge of the dialogues.

I mean you can still get a game over in safe mode. Sadly? Not sadly?
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Retale » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:26 am

ian66613 wrote:
Retale wrote:Hey Mab!

I mean you can still get a game over in safe mode. Sadly? Not sadly?

True. But when I first uploaded the demo of Retale people were a little miffed that there was no fail state as it were, as the original intention I had was to make a seemless game where you'd get eaten and it'd fit through the story.

This just seemed the best step to try and please both crowds of people wanting game-overs as well as digestion/safe vore. The way I always envisioned it is falling into deep slumbers. For all intents and purposes, yes the game over for safe mode is a GAME OVER. But only for the sole purpose that you feel like there's any sort of game to be had if you become too reckless. If that makes sense.

I'll definitely take all this onboard for sure though, you honestly raise very valid and interesting points that I want to think over some more over these next few weeks.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:53 am

Honestly, I would say that the digestion mode is what people who want a fail-state should use. Or at least, when choosing between safe and digestion, it should tell the player that this choice has no gameplay difference whatsoever, as you can get a gameover either way.
Either way, please, more save points, or let us save anywhere.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:16 am

seems that the only vore that happens is the player as prey...
IS there seriously no player as pred?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Retale » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:22 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:seems that the only vore that happens is the player as prey...
IS there seriously no player as pred?

Its prey only for the player. If people like the project enough I'm going to have different options for Retale 2.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nouvi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:18 am

Seems pretty well made from what I did see, with diverse and pretty well made personalities for characters, but... like it seems people are insinuating, the infrequency of save points is a very bad thing, enough to keep me from playing past day 1 unfortunately after reading some people's posts.
In a game with sudden game overs, deaths and the like, save points in my opinion *needs* to be quite abundant to save on frustration. Or just give freedom to save just about any time outside of certain events. I'm assuming you made this game for players to enjoy a story and maybe some more, but not to throw things away and ragequit after losing a load progress to an unexpected bad end.

As some might still enjoy the jarringly risky ventures of impending death, I'd suggest making extra modes that mirrors the current ones, just with much more freedom in saving the game.
If not in this game, I hope for this in any potential sequel. For us filthy casuals.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby StormyRange » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:18 am

So glad this game came out, great work, very proud of you bro /-u-\
StormyRange
New to the forum

Postby Retale » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:24 am

Nouvi wrote:Seems pretty well made from what I did see, with diverse and pretty well made personalities for characters, but... like it seems people are insinuating, the infrequency of save points is a very bad thing, enough to keep me from playing past day 1 unfortunately after reading some people's posts.
In a game with sudden game overs, deaths and the like, save points in my opinion *needs* to be quite abundant to save on frustration. Or just give freedom to save just about any time outside of certain events. I'm assuming you made this game for players to enjoy a story and maybe some more, but not to throw things away and ragequit after losing a load progress to an unexpected bad end.

As some might still enjoy the jarringly risky ventures of impending death, I'd suggest making extra modes that mirrors the current ones, just with much more freedom in saving the game.
If not in this game, I hope for this in any potential sequel. For us filthy casuals.

Interestingly enough I had a feature where you could literally save at any point of the game at the click of a button. But when trying to do it on any choice it'd select whichever choice you were highlighted over at the time while in the save menu. (making you chose an option that you perhaps didn't wish for) SO I did away with it in fear people would get frustrated when they tried to save at a certain point.

I'll take this onboard though and hopefully by this weekend I can have a hotfix of things and extra savepoints.

Thanks for the critique!
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby lypo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:51 am

This is a lot of fun. Thank you for releasing this.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby seth270 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:28 am

Gave a Try not a bad game. though I will add my 2 Cents on the Safe mode being the same as digestion mode granted different death places and maybe a future update I.E Free mode being more sandbox oriented allowing you to be freely eaten without consiquences.
seth270
Participator

Postby gabristar2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:12 am

how i can obtain the vore with Ava?
gabristar2
Been posting for a bit

Postby lypo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:49 am

gabristar2 wrote:how i can obtain the vore with Ava?

Use the bathroom in her house.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Daea » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:02 pm

gabristar2 wrote:how i can obtain the vore with Ava?

I encountered 3 different vore scenes with Ava (with the player being eaten), will list in the spoiler tab below~
1) During the lunch break on Day 5, follow Ava back to her office, then repeatedly select the "..." option and she'll eat you for wasting her time.
2) As lypo brought up, excuse yourself to the bathroom to wash up when invited over to Ava's house on Day 5, without directions, you'll wander into her bedroom, prompting her to eat you.
3) At the end of the game, on Day 8, you get your choice of a number of characters to eat you at the picnic, including Ava (only scene that doesn't cause you to lose a "life").
Daea
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Interestingly enough I had a feature where you could literally save at any point of the game at the click of a button. But when trying to do it on any choice it'd select whichever choice you were highlighted over at the time while in the save menu. (making you chose an option that you perhaps didn't wish for) SO I did away with it in fear people would get frustrated when they tried to save at a certain point.

I'll take this onboard though and hopefully by this weekend I can have a hotfix of things and extra savepoints.

Thanks for the critique!

Thanks for listening to my/our concerns!
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby voidrunner » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Just completed the game. and I have to say it was good ^^

Though I did notice an error pop up a few times while rubbing Ava's belly if you went to slow. Other then that, it was a good game. Thank you for adding to the community ^^
"Life is like a rollercoaster, sure it has its ups and downs, but you may just find, it can throw you for a loop!" ~voidrunner
voidrunner
Somewhat familiar

Postby empatheticapathy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:43 pm

You can also watch Ava eat somebody else on two occasions - one is unavoidable as a part of going through the main plot, and the other is a more hidden scene that can happen if you do a whole bunch of things that starts with accepting a micro as payment.
Basically, do that, and don't hide it from anybody when prompted.
empatheticapathy
---

Postby Bright » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:08 pm

I found this game very entertaining so far.
Kudos for drawing so many different characters.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game