Retale - Free Vore Game - Full Version

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Retale - Free Vore Game - Full Version

Postby YouCanFreshMyFresh » Fri May 04, 2018 5:53 pm

I give this game my tentative thumbs-up (rare because I usually only use this account to piss and moan). For a free game, it was much more involved than I would have expected, even if the story felt more compressed than that of a commercial venture. I'm actually wishing to see more of these characters, and hope that they live on through fan-art or even a sequel.

One question I have about the ending,
Spoiler: show
was the picnic supposed to be fatal/permanent? I beat the game with 100% accuracy (too much Papers, Please), and didn't expect my character to be coming back the next day. Is the Octopus scene intended to be canon, or just a bonus for completionists?
YouCanFreshMyFresh
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri May 04, 2018 6:05 pm

YouCanFreshMyFresh wrote:I give this game my tentative thumbs-up (rare because I usually only use this account to piss and moan). For a free game, it was much more involved than I would have expected, even if the story felt more compressed than that of a commercial venture. I'm actually wishing to see more of these characters, and hope that they live on through fan-art or even a sequel.

One question I have about the ending,
was the picnic supposed to be fatal/permanent? I beat the game with 100% accuracy (too much Papers, Please), and didn't expect my character to be coming back the next day. Is the Octopus scene intended to be canon, or just a bonus for completionists?
from what I can tell, the picnic is not permanent, you always get let out at the end of it no matter who you pick from what I've seen, as for the Octopus scene, I haven't actually reached that yet, good to know it happens after the picnic rather than any time before it, that way I'll know not to go back and re-try if I don't see the scene before day 8
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby YouCanFreshMyFresh » Sat May 05, 2018 5:34 pm

failbird105, ah, that would make sense. It would certainly make the ending seem less tonally clashing from the rest of the work.

My biggest complaint about the game would be that it felt like a lot of the mechanics went unexplored. For instance, the menu seemed to imply you would pull weapons on customers a la Papers, Please, and I was disappointed to find that went unused. However, now that I know that Symbol is working on a sequel, I'm excited to see where things go. I don't normally use Patreon, especially not for NSFW material, but I'm really tempted to back this project.

One thing I'd like to know, if this information is publicly available, is it going to be a direct sequel with the same player character, the same cast but with another player character, or just a shared-world sort of sequel?
YouCanFreshMyFresh
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 am

the menu is only there because
A: it's an RPG maker game so that menu comes standard and
B: it wasn't really meant to be used in the first place, it was only added in this last patch because a lot of people have had problems with the saves not being frequent enough. In the previous version there was literally no way to access it.

It seems like the menu might be getting more use in the second game though.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VVVx » Tue May 08, 2018 9:16 pm

Is this made with RPG Maker MV? If so can you export for Linux?
VVVx
Participator

Postby Retale » Thu May 10, 2018 3:56 am

Madmaxman wrote:Is this made with RPG Maker MV? If so can you export for Linux?

I'm sorry I'd have no idea how to export it to linux, people also asked for it to be usable on phones, and given that some people have trouble running the game on a PC I just can't see myself porting to a phone.

If people want to open up Retale in RPG Maker MV and try and port it to these devices you're more than welcome to.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby SeekGr » Thu May 10, 2018 5:34 am

You make amazing game.
I tried just parts of it so far,
and I can't wait to finish it when I get some free time soon xP
ImageImage
SeekGr
New to the forum

Postby oliverrook » Fri May 11, 2018 2:09 pm

So, um... was the tutorial Receipt supposed to be from two days in the future? XD
Tutorial Recipt is fake.png
I ate you. My fox ate me. My dragon ate my fox. My wolf ate my dragon. My otterdog ate my wolf. My pikachu ate my otterdog. And so on, and so forth.
*BUUURRRP*
oliverrook
Participator

Postby dosdose » Sun May 20, 2018 8:52 pm

It is possible to export to linux if you are using RPG Maker MV.

The version I have let's you select the platform for distribution. It looks like it spits out the files needed for whatever platform you select.

Up to and including browsers if you host the game on a server. So it should be possible to simply export to linux and it should work.
dosdose
New to the forum

Postby Datstrudel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:07 pm

I know this has been brought up before, but I seriously cannot find Glitch in this game. I've played through multiple times and tried everything. Are there any hints that can be given? I know people aren't allowed to say yet, but I'd really like a hint. Lol, sorry for bringing this back up again.
Datstrudel
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lypo » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:35 pm

I have played a lot as well and I have also never got Glitch.
lypo
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:46 pm

You will probably never find glitch. I hid him extremely well.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby CreeperBoy » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:12 pm

Retale wrote:You will probably never find glitch. I hid him extremely well.

Probably something to do with a failsafe if the game detects an error? I am of course guessing, but if this is indeed the case, you would need to somehow force the game to break in some way that it still detects the error without skipping over it and/or crashing.
CreeperBoy
Been posting for a bit

Postby DarkPinkie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:15 pm

I just watched the trailer and I do not know why but a funny voice in my head was shouting "Fucking Degenerates!" on top if it's imaginary lungs, sounded very similar to a certain nobody youtuber. Of course I am one of such degenerates so this game interests me greatly. Now that my curiosity have been piqued I will certainly seek this out once I have my computer and internet up and running.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby HyperlinkError » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 pm

who voiced the trailer?
HyperlinkError
Somewhat familiar

Postby Retale » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:07 pm

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/jeschke/ voiced the trailer.

I have just revealed a secret to getting glitch to someone randomly. Maybe it'll spread, I dunno.

I just don't want people losing sleep over finding him. Was just something hidden and secret I wanted to put in.
Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I'm working and doing my best to make sure I can give you a Retale 2.
Retale
Somewhat familiar

Postby oliverrook » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:22 pm

Retale wrote:
ian66613 wrote:
Retale wrote:Hey Mab!

No I completely understand your frustration. Originally the game was only going to have the one sorta path when it came to the vore. I wasn't aware people killed you in Safe mode? The whole sort of deal I tried to go for with Safe mode is that you fell asleep in stomachs and woke up again outside them. The sort of dream realm that you enter each time you fall asleep. You don't get digested to my knowledge of the dialogues.

I mean you can still get a game over in safe mode. Sadly? Not sadly?

True. But when I first uploaded the demo of Retale people were a little miffed that there was no fail state as it were, as the original intention I had was to make a seemless game where you'd get eaten and it'd fit through the story.

This just seemed the best step to try and please both crowds of people wanting game-overs as well as digestion/safe vore. The way I always envisioned it is falling into deep slumbers. For all intents and purposes, yes the game over for safe mode is a GAME OVER. But only for the sole purpose that you feel like there's any sort of game to be had if you become too reckless. If that makes sense.

I'll definitely take all this onboard for sure though, you honestly raise very valid and interesting points that I want to think over some more over these next few weeks.

May I propose an "Easy Mode" option? Asks you right before choosing safe or digestion. Basically just removes the 3 time limit. Doing it that way would even make it so those of us who prefer "regeneration" can also have our own option.

EDIT: Also, just finished the game for the first time. Very nice.
Also, you REALLY need to add a savepoint at the start of the last day. Having to go through most of day 7 again caused me to resort to using the scene select.
I ate you. My fox ate me. My dragon ate my fox. My wolf ate my dragon. My otterdog ate my wolf. My pikachu ate my otterdog. And so on, and so forth.
*BUUURRRP*
oliverrook
Participator

Postby Twister231 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:52 pm

Does anyone know where you have to use the second micro you had gotten? I managed to figure out the first micro but I'm having a bit of trouble with the second one.
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:02 am

I was randomly browsing the Vore Game section and had the inspiration to click on this thread. I tried the game out last night and finished it. Definitely have quite a few things to say.

This game was simply amazing! I really wish the community had more game developers willing to make good content like this... which isn't to say other vore games are bad, but there comes a point when you get bored of everything being just RPG Maker stuff or text based. This is especially the case for furry vore games which are so few, almost everything is human vore when it comes to games of any quality. Thank you for your amazing work to change that :-D

There are a few things I liked in particular, but also several things I either disliked or felt could be better. This is my feedback with points in order of importance:

Pro:

• Fantastic storytelling and world setup! You managed to squeeze a complete story into a relatively short game, which offers a nearly flawless sentiment of progress. The overall setup is also very relatable... as far as portraying corporations goes realism was through the roof. You can't help falling in love with all those awesome characters either, which is again amazing since you get to know them in such a short period of time. I love vore games where even if you took everything vore related away, you still have an enjoyable and full game... few games get that right and this one definitely did (next to Nyan Adventures for instance).
  • While the artwork is definitely not of top quality (rough lines, flat colors, wonky anatomy here and there) I really liked the overall art style too: It was also very pleasant and cute and relatable. The music is also great!

Con:

• This one is going at the top of the list since it's the one thing that legitimately got me pissed especially toward the end: The game is filled with choices that result in an endgame without the user being able to predict it, while offering far too few save points in between. This would have not been a problem if there wasn't the additional rule that you may not get eaten more than 3 times in a run, otherwise the dream dragoness is going to game over you... I quickly wasted the first two attempts and played the game on my last strike, so whenever I lost I had to reload the last save. There would have been several ways to make this part easier for new players: Either make it clear when a choice would lead to a game over, either offer more save points or a "save anytime" feature, or simply don't have the 3 strikes rule for the dream world and let the player fall asleep and come back indefinitely (I believe this one takes a lot of the fun out).
  • As the player you're given no customization abilities. Not being able to pick your gender or species is fine, but it would have been nice if you could at least pick your own name by which other characters would call you.
  • The base minigame in which you serve customers would have been a great opportunity to use randomness for better replayability. What I mean is that, both clients and the things they buy / return could be randomized each time, so you never remember the solutions and always get something new when playing. Sadly they seem to be linear and you always get the same characters and items in identical order.
  • I really think this is the sort of game that could have made better use of free roaming instead of going for a fully linear (visual novel) approach. I could so see myself having a simple overworld map in which I could travel between all unlocked locations (my apartment, the houses of other characters, and of course the store). If such a feature isn't too much work perhaps it's an idea you can keep in mind for Retale 2?

All in all, I absolutely loved this. I feel bad that my money is so tight and I couldn't donate or support you on Patreon, otherwise I'd honestly consider it. Which I might after I see Retale 2 if you'll continue making games like this after it!

Please keep in mind that I'm a game / mod developer myself. If it's simple enough that I can learn it and may find the time among my own projects, perhaps there is something I can do to help? Note that I'm a Linux user and no longer have Windows, I was lucky that this game runs well on WINE... I can't compile it if the engine is proprietary or Win only. Perhaps I could do some beta testing for you still? Let me know what you think.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby whargarbll » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Anyone got or know of a guide for all the vore scenes? I'm not sure if I got everything or not (besides glitch).
whargarbll
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game