Mugen vore tutorial?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Mugen vore tutorial?

Postby crosswarrior24 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:29 am

i'm looking for an way to code my own MUGEN vore edit, but whenever i try to look for it, all i find are tutorials on how to use an character's Vore move, or downloads, but not even a single tutorial on how to code/make them, if anyone knows how to do it, please tell me
crosswarrior24
Been posting for a bit

Re: Mugen vore tutorial?

Postby SilverJ » Thu May 03, 2018 12:37 pm

What you want are tutorials on how to make grabs/throws as vore moves are just customized throws that turn the opponent invisible while the pred plays an animation.

I did a quick google search too and got this, I don't know how good it is though.
http://mugenfreeforall.com/topic/8088-g ... -tutorial/
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby smiley » Thu May 03, 2018 1:06 pm

Like SilverJ said a vore move in Mugen is essentially just a drawn-out grab\throw. If you know how to make those then coding a vore move should be pretty easy.

I don't know how much you know about coding in Mugen but I have some tricks that should be usefull for making vore moves if you understand the basics.

To turn the prey invisible for when the are inside the pred you use a targetbind that places them far underground like this:

[state XXX, bind1]
type = targetbind
trigger1 = animelem = 1
pos = 0,2000

This targetlifeadd can be used to deal continous damage to they prey:

[state XXX, damage]
type = targetlifeadd
trigger1 = Time >= 0
value = -1

You can use an Explod to create a layer to be displayed ontop or below the sprite of the pred to give a layered effect that may be usefull for a swallowing animation:

[state XXX, layer]
type = explod
trigger1 = animelem = 1
anim = 4011
sprpriority = 1
scale = const(size.xscale),const(size.yscale)

Here is a changestate that switches to a state for digesting they prey for when they run out of life:

[state XXX, digest]
type = changestate
trigger1 = target,life <= 1
trigger1 = time >= 603
value = 4011
smiley
Participator

Postby Orbstuffed » Thu May 03, 2018 3:22 pm

If you need some pointers, let me see if I can help.

One major point I have to make is try to be unique. Most of the vore edits I've seen are pretty much the same thing, a long, drawn-out grab that absorbs a large chunk of both health AND power, even if the move costs power to use in the first place. Most of these edits even use the exact same coding for the move. There have been some attempts to stand out, however, and I've been trying to make my stuff feel unique as well, not to mention trimming down the time it takes for the move to complete, balancing the damage output, and depending on the situation, either remove the power drain entirely, or optimize it so that it only adds power when it doesn't require it.
Just an orb tum lover. You can call me Orbi if you'd like.
No, my icon isn't a self-portrait, she's just a character I made. Her name's Rosetta, BTW.
Orbstuffed
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby drpolice » Thu May 03, 2018 8:33 pm

For the coding, reverse engineering's a good way to go around learning it. Take the code of existing characters and see what each bit does, mess around with it, and manipulate those pieces of code to do the things you want it to do.

And I think it's better for you to do what you like, that comes first before doing something different just for the sake for being unique or going out of your way from doing what you wanted originally just to please someone else. At least that's how I approach my own edits, as I don't view these edits as characters meant to be viable and balanced fighters, nor do I view vore grabs as really something worth making a serious character with, and I personally just make them because I want to do some fetish animations for myself that some people might happen to like too with some pretty light interactivity, and MUGEN stuff is easy enough to make and mod that it's worth doing in it, that's my own aim. However, it is your choice as to what kind of thing you want to make.
drpolice
Somewhat familiar

Postby xmarkx » Thu May 03, 2018 8:44 pm

I've always wanted to make a vore character. The coding doesn't seem THAT hard from what I see here but the problem is actually getting the sprites. If you're like me in the sense that you can only draw stick figures then welcome aboard the bad artist boat.

One thing I want to see more of is a unique victory pose after vore like the pudge belly in this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cqDaxJvMmo
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pilum » Thu May 03, 2018 8:50 pm

I'm willing to offer my help as well. PM me if you have specific questions, I could help for any point along the way.
Pilum
Participator

Postby crosswarrior24 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 am

i've tried doing it, but the character i wanna edit is Japanese and that makes it difficult to edit! the sprites aren't that much of a problem, the coding is!!!
crosswarrior24
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pilum » Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 pm

crosswarrior24 wrote:i've tried doing it, but the character i wanna edit is Japanese and that makes it difficult to edit! the sprites aren't that much of a problem, the coding is!!!

Where's your starting point? You have quite a few ample coders here to ask for help. All of the code should still be in English, just with Japanese names and documentation. Though most Mugen authors don't document their code, anyway.

Post in here and we can help you, but there should be a starting point for us to go from.
Pilum
Participator

Postby crosswarrior24 » Sat May 12, 2018 3:42 am

Pilum wrote:
crosswarrior24 wrote:i've tried doing it, but the character i wanna edit is Japanese and that makes it difficult to edit! the sprites aren't that much of a problem, the coding is!!!

Where's your starting point? You have quite a few ample coders here to ask for help. All of the code should still be in English, just with Japanese names and documentation. Though most Mugen authors don't document their code, anyway.

Post in here and we can help you, but there should be a starting point for us to go from.

well, i started by making the sprites, which went well, but then it turned out that the coding of the character was in japanese *which i can't read* and then i was still having trouble with coding
crosswarrior24
Been posting for a bit

Postby SilverJ » Sat May 12, 2018 11:40 am

The code itself is all in English. Anything grayed out is a comment and doesn't affect anything outside of providing info for what something does. Like Pilum said though, most people don't provide comments unless specifically trying to help.

You'll wanna look at the stuff like this. These will always be in english. Anything behind a semicolon is a comment and only exists to name or provide info. Sometimes there's a comma and text after the number in the state/statedef. It's the same as having a semicolon before the line.

;これは移動名です <------State name
[statedef 200]
type = S
movetype = A
physics = S

[state 200] ;これはアイドル状態に戻ります <----- Info on what this State Controller does.
type = changestate
trigger1 = animtime = 0
value = 0
ctrl = 1
SilverJ
Been posting for a bit

Postby AmarthTheRiolu » Sun May 13, 2018 2:24 pm

Often the Japanese text doesn't render properly when you're using Notepad or something to that effect, but it will when you use Fighter Factory. You can copy and paste into Google Translate if you wish, but be warned the translator isn't perfect, especially concerning Japanese.
Got my Discord username after all, so false alarm!
AmarthTheRiolu
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game