Preferred Species in a Vore Game Updated

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Preferred Species in a Vore Game Updated

Postby TentacleTuesday » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Character Species:

Like many before me I am considering making a game with vore related gameplay. The most important part of a game to me, especially an RPG, is the ability to customize your character and the choices you make impact the core gameplay loop. This brings me to my question at the moment, what are people most likely to choose species to be when it comes to their playable character. I would like to use this forum as a way to compile a list of species and their popularity on average so I can focus on getting the ones higher in the list in the game quicker. That being said I would greatly appreciate anyone leaving a reply with their top three choices, or more if you would like, of what they would want their PC to be species be. If the preferred species is human one could list what kind of pred/prey they prefer to interact with. Finally if someone prefers on human on human interactions just a reply with that fact will also be taken into consideration as I gather data from this post. Thank you in advance if you leave a reply, I will use any data I get to influence my design goals and hopefully make a game the community can enjoy.

Game Setting:

If it helps you decide what to pick the setting of the game will be more fantasy than anything else. Generally most places will feel medieval/high fantasy, so most fantasy races (elf, orc, goblin, hobbit etc) and monsters would be present. The unique spin I want to set my setting apart will be the introduction of a magically induced near extinction level disaster that leaves most of the population as bloodthirsty beasts/creatures/monsters that attack on sight, but leaves some with powerful abilities or traits. That last bit brings me to the reason I posted this, I am curious as to what what traits (animal-like ears, tails, claws etc.) or abilities players would want to be able to have in game.

Player Role (Pred/Prey):

For further context for my game I plan to make the player character capable of both being a predator or prey depending on how the player want to play their character. My main design goal is player freedom and as many options as I can realistically include.

Species List:

Orc
Goblin
Bovine (Cow) - Feral, anthro, demi
Equine (Horse) - F/A/D
Artificial Beings (Robot/Android/Hologram)
Cyborg
Dragon - F/A/D
Lamia/Naga (Tauric Snake)
Leporidae (Rabbit) - F/A/D
Last edited by TentacleTuesday on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TentacleTuesday
New to the forum

Re: Preferred Species in a Vore Game

Postby Slayerhero90 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:19 pm

always a fan of orc and goblin dames, assuming you're going for a fantasy route-- that's actually something you might wish to put in the initial post; the setting is the single biggest determiner of which species are included

you might also wish to mention if the gameplay will focus on the player being a pred, prey, or switch, as right now it only looks like the player will probably be a switch according to the post
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bobnbob71 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Preferably I'm a huge fan of Feral, if the character is predator (Equines & Bovines). Otherwise just boring old human for prey characters.

Could you elaborate on the overall setting of the rpg? some might want robots or dragons or robot dragons depending on the setting.
bobnbob71
New to the forum

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:46 pm

I like to see lamia, since they're often rare to see beyond one simple npc. Also adore rabbits
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Re: Preferred Species in a Vore Game Updated

Postby chefjellyguy » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:43 am

I never get to see humanoid slimes as playable races, and I love them to death, so humanoid slime gets my vote
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby ooglethorpe5 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:44 am

I never see avians as prey, and would really like to be able to play as one.
ooglethorpe5
Been posting for a bit

Postby supremeovergourd » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:38 am

my three picks for PC's I would like to see:
1. centaur
2. anthro-rodent (rats, mice, etc.)
3. fairy

I like the idea of being able to play as races that are usually relegated to one or two scenes in most other games.
supremeovergourd
New to the forum

Postby stearwing » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:05 am

I'm a pred with a dragon character, so of course
1) eastern dragons, feral (maybe I should not be surprised by how rare those seem to be)
2) western dragons, feral
3) whatever other large carnivorous reptiles happen to be popular, really; anthro or feral doesn't matter that much here

However, conversely - and perhaps unsurprisingly - I am so put off by reptilian prey that I tend to take the very possibility as personal insult - which leads to me preferring would-be predators who think they can take on members of those species only for their overconfidence to backfire spectacularly.
I'm a dragon.
I eat people. I digest people. I shit people.
I do other things, too.
It's a living.
stearwing
Participator

Postby runeguden » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:31 am

a herm or futa centauress that does non-fatal Cock vore XD
runeguden
Participator

Postby nnnddt » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 am

Personnally I like frog girl.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby TinyMouse » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:21 am

I'd love to see more prey centered species as playable prey; like mice, rats, fauns/satyrs, bunnies, squirrels. Stuff like that.

And while this is unrelated to the species thing, here's an extra thing that came to mind in general for the game; Bonus if you have an option for at least mentioned sizes if it can't be visually shown; normal human sizes or bigger, or smaller sizes for prey (for fans of micro/macro), to allow a variety for players to enjoy it so it's not catering to one sole thing (ex. only people who like samesize). That way, a lot of people can be satisfied with If that's possible, of course.
TinyMouse
New to the forum

Postby Noxyoursox » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:39 am

For me it depends on if I feel like playing as prey or pred. If I'm playing as pred, my top three would be naga, catgirl, and troll (as in norse folklore, not WoW). If I'm playing as prey, my top three would be human, faun, and fairy.
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby Sydney » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:14 pm

For playable races and top preds, my choices would be the same:

1. Gnoll
2. Orc
3. Alligator/crocodile or a Dragon. Just a large anthro reptile man, really.

I like your ideas for having the player mutate for customization. Would that be decided at character creation or as you level up? Also, what sort of gender pairings were you thinking of for this game?
Sydney
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Lamia! Long snake stomachs, multiple stomachs, can hold more prey, ability to unbirth, strong and high endurance.
What I came to like more and more lately are Bovines aswell, both as prey and pred. Prefered anthro or demi. Big bellies, tasty milk, huge rump, strong and plump. But also like a walking burger if you happen to have bread with you.

And whats not on the list but I still like it: Kitsune. Tricksters, fast and quick, more like rouges or thiefs, pranking others or lurring them into their stomachs/butts/pussies.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:06 pm

I favor avians really. Anthros, harpies, etc.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby DarkPinkie » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:29 pm

To me: Dragons, definitely feral, both as preds and prey. Though anthro ones can be pretty neat too depending on design.

Feral horses and cows also make pretty neat preds, something about herbivores nomming being more humiliating or something.

As for Lamias, well, great noodles are good for those good detailed bulges of their previous prey on their long tailed stomach. They also make very rare but interesting preys with their long tails being perfect for slurping.

The other's I am pretty shrug and move on are all except the robotic ones. Those do not at all interest me.
I'm currently a developer for Lurking Lizard Studios currently developing Predator's Coliseum.
We also have a public Discord chat!
DarkPinkie
---

Postby xmarkx » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:22 pm

For me, the best preds are:
Orcs
Dragons (anthro)
Minotaurs

Best prey include any small anthros
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby fsdbiu2346y8 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Of the options I would personally prefer a bunny girl as the protagonist.

Although might I add, personally it doesn't matter as much who the protagonist is (regarding their race) as much as the protagonist's surroundings of different creatures.
fsdbiu2346y8
Participator

Postby nnnddt » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:38 am

Goblin
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby SkyTheDragones » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:32 am

I love dragonesses and would love a game that let you be a sexy dragoness that can vore
SkyTheDragones
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game