Vore War V13C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Vore War V13C

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm

A few months ago I stumbled across darkevilme's game Vore War. I enjoyed it but was a little annoyed with parts of the interface and the AI. I found a link the code and decided to port it as a personal project. Then I started finding some of the half implemented features, and it gave me ideas. I asked darkevilme if I could continue the game and post it on the forum, and he said yes. So, a few months later, after much real life and feature creep, I'm releasing my version of it. I thought about waiting until I've made every change I wanted, but I decided I'd rather get people's input to help shape it.

Strategic V12.jpg
Strategic Screen

V10 Tactical.jpg
Tactical Screen

The basic premise of the game is that there are multiple players battling it out in a turn based battle game with a strategic layer and a tactical layer for battles. Vore plays a large role in the game.

Things I can add if enough people are interested
Spoiler: show
Increase the amount of changeable variables and increase mod friendliness. Some examples of basic variables are village max population, items in the shop, etc.
A hero system, where roughly every x number of births, a hero is born in a city, who has increased stats, and probably other special abilities, to give a smaller number of characters you can get more attached to.
Better UI graphics
Custom colors for characters

Current short to mid-term To-do list (updated October 19th)
Implementing the new sprites
Adding some special units to the Mercenary House
Gold mines
Bandit Camps
Unit auto level up categories
Save starting options option
Revamp AI
Should make a AI defender persona, that stays around the capital, and captures cities that are near the capital.
Revamp army power calculation
AI should use the hire command, and learn how to flee.
fluff/bones for digested?

Feel free to make suggestions for gameplay features, options, changes, issue fixes, or things you want to be able to modify.

If you want to donate to support development, let me know.

UI is designed for 16:9 resolution, but I'm leaving the option to pick resolution open so people can use what they like, it's just that other resolutions will have some extra blank space on the full screen UIs

Changelog
13C:
Fixed units hired from an allies town behaving in unpredicable ways.
Scat now changes around the sounds as well.
Fixed the bug where if the last unit was a surrendered unit that's outside of the range they could reach in one turn to vore, the AI would sit idle and the battle would not end.
Fix for trying to create a game on a map from a version before 13B throwing an error.
Fixed the quicksave key saving to the maps directory instead of the saves directory (that was a mistake as a result of me changing things around in 13B for better compatibility)

13B:
Added the Mercenary House -- Newly generated maps will have one placed around the center of the map. If an army visits it, they can pick from up to 12 different hirable units that are random from every possible race. Every turn the oldest 4 mercenaries in the house disppear and are replaced by 4 new ones. Mercenaries come with equipment, and they are immune to defect checks (It wouldn't make sense if you hired a merc and then they immediately defected to rejoin their race). Mercenaries will gradually be offered at higher levels (and more expense) depending on the current turn. I ran out of time to get the two unique hireables I was planning in there (one is a unique race, the other is a class of unit). The mercenary house is also placeable in the map editor.
Now can load and save customizations for specific units. You can load them for different races if you toggle it, but they won't come out exactly like you expect if the races are significantly different (the option is mainly for the similar races), I did make sure it doesn't crash when you load different race's units though.
Added option for 'Auto-surrender' where it makes units automatically surrender when they recieve a hit that would normally kill them, this changes combat a fair amount so it is disabled by default, but you can set it to be permanently on, like anything else in the content menu.
Changed the way enemy army sizes are given, and included the range in the tooltip.
Now has a wider range of army strength descriptions, and beyond the normal limit just says indescribable with its approximate strength
Added simple scat graphics -- if you don't know what that is, you're better off leaving it off.
Map editor now has tooltips for villages on the field, as well as the villages/tiles on the left. If you're editing an active map you can also change the current owner of villages or restore a village to maximum population.
Map editor now has a new tile type: swamp - though it doesn't do anything yet.
Lamia town names added, all 13 races have proper town names now.
AI will now not attack surrendered units with weapons unless that's the only way they can end the battle(they vastly prefer eating them).
AI now randomly picks between a ranged leader and a melee leader.
AI is now significantly less likely to cause deserted villages.
Tactical combat log now functions properly when there are tags that are partially cut off.
Multiple Vagrant AI improvements, their goal for the maximum enemy units eaten is now based on army size. They can now cancel their retreat if conditions change(surrender is the most likely change). They will also not flee after eating a certain number of units if the enemy side has all surrendered. They also use the same power threshold for choosing targets to engage as they do for fleeing from battles(They'll fight armies up to twice their strength). Combat log now mentions when they start fleeing and for what reason.
Surrender can now be canceled, but only on the turn that it is issued. If it is left on after a turn it becomes permanent as it did before. (To cancel simply select the unit and hit surrender again)
Fix for the new AI priority system not functioning correctly.
Fix for fleeing AI not attacking back while on the final row.
Fix for animated bellies not doing the devour animation.
Fix the tutorial crashing if you ended a strategic turn (related to the introduction of the vagrants -- I didn't catch it because it's possible to complete the tutorial without ending a turn)
Buy building for all villages button now correctly doesn't buy for villages that already have that building (I was pretty sure I added that when I put it in, but here we are)
Fixed a bug where high exp units deserted first when out of money, rather than low exp units.
Fixed a bug accidentally introduced in V13 where clothing would turn off breasts entirely, resulting in topless units having no breasts, and breasts not showing underneath certain clothes like they were before V13.
Copy clothing button now copies from leaders, where possible.
Larger brushes in the map editor now properly clear villages.

13A:
Fixed exception that would happen if you were watching a battle that had a race incapable of vore.
Did some quick tweaking of Lamia colors, but there's still tweaking left to do. I'll probably wait to address their eyes until I finish getting the palettes up to speed.
Can now properly configure body sizes for humans and lamia.
Animated bellies now no longer overrides the super-size bellies, the scales multiply together as they should.
Animated Bellies / The skull effect / burp percentage are all configurable from the content menu.
Added a button to get to the options menu in the start screen (It really should have been there before now
Added an option to clear all saved settings in the options menu that clears options and content settings. (It requires a confirmation first)
Can now paint 1x1, 3x3, 5x5, and 7x7 blotches in the map editor for faster editing.
Added light blue (the default lamia color) to the list for the in-game empire editor, as its absense caused issues. Also shrunk the font size for colors slightly so that the longer color names wouldn't be truncated.
Armies now properly slide when resizing a map regardless of direction.
Harpy/Lamia Dick positions have been adjusted
Lamia villages are properly placeable in the map editor. (Note that if you are playing a game started before v13 they are not placeable, as their race doesn't exist in that save)

13:
Lamia race has been added at long last.
Incorporated Baif's improvements: the animated bellies, the quick unit died in stomach icon, and combat log appearance improvements.
Fleeing armies have been updated to take the time it would take them to reach a village to reach it, before that they are invisible and insubstantial. When you dismiss units outside of a village, they will now head for the nearest village using this same mechanic. When units arrive you get a notification at the beginning of your turn.
Vagrants will now flee when they have eaten a certain quantity of units, or if they feel they're outmatched, as was intended in their original spec. They also scale depending on how long the game has gone on, and depending on the max army size of empires.
Corpses and clothes are now labeled when you hover over them.
There's now an option to automatically pause the battle at the last moment before it goes back to the world map, so you can review the combat log and the state of units. It still happens before the end of battle xp and auto consuming of corpses if that's on, and other end of battle tasks happen.
Reimplemented AI target priorities into the new AI pathfinder system (they favor retaking friendly cities and allied cities over taking hostile cities)
Villages can be placed on tiles besides grass in the map editor now
Adjusted layers so breasts will be in front of belly, as long as breasts are not covered by clothing.
Burp sound effect added for the end of digestion.
Units in the hireable list (dismissed units or the active garrison) will now raise their exp to meet the minimum if they are under the amount of free exp generated for new units.
Fix for the tutorial not functioning correctly.
Fixed the two cleavage sprites not working as intended (Imp leader & Cat leader at larger sizes)
Fixed Friendly Regurgitation not being saved properly again (there was a = where there should have been a =>)
Entering the map editor in a game no longer resets villages to the old default village sizes.
Vagrants now have colors as intended (I had missed that fact). (Vagrants Armies from the previous versions will default to a single color, but new vagrants will generate properly)
Scrolling in the exchange window or while over the tactical log, or other UI element will no longer have the camera zoom at the same time. Also fixed the Exchange windows not being the right size, or having to scroll to see your units when you have a small army.
Fixed bug where copying clothing with the slime queen in an army would throw an error.
Can no longer use the keyboard to interact with buttons. This was causing a collision with the enter key being both the reuse last button and the end turn button causing double turns and other weirdness. If there's anyone that actually used keys to navigate between buttons let me know and I'll try to implement an alternate method.
Behind the scenes changes to allow for more vibrant color schemes for units
Added town names for Scylla, Human, Crypters
Fixed AI army sitting idle if it's in a village with 0 population and needing to recruit.
Cleaned up a memory leak regarding tactical units in some cases.

October 19th - V13C Released

Win 32 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/oyf7h4rc ... 2.zip/file
Win 64 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/kekrdp49 ... 4.zip/file
Mac - https://www.mediafire.com/file/k1bj23nk ... c.zip/file
Linux 64 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/22b4j722 ... 4.zip/file

For those that want to peek at the source code / unity project you can check it out here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/v4pp4ija ... A.zip/file . (Updated to 13A) It's not the greatest quality code, but it's not terrible either. You can also view all of the graphics in there as well.
Last edited by Aurilika on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 69 times in total.
Aurilika
Participator

Re: Vore War V08

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Ooh, this is interesting. Changes sound really cool and male chars/male vore are really rare. Definitely will be following this.

I actually did some light spriting (armor pictures) for original vore war, but, sadly, I never got to releasing it and it got lost together with my old hard drive. I could try drawing something again.

Armors were combined with weapons due to old game's limitations, though, so, i guess, adding separate armor slot will be the first suggestion.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Rayen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:33 pm

I wish I wasn't so busy with my other work or I'd love to do more spritework on this again. I remember playing with them and making those character sprites. (Though I'm not really proud of the doggirl tails now that I look back at them. :V)

Anyway, glad to see someone working on this again. I wish ya all the luck with any additional features ya plan to add. :V
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (69)

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 am

Woah, I'd never heard of the original Vore War, but I'm glad you're doing this.

A tactics rpg with a vore-driven combat system is something I'd thought about making for a long time before actually starting my own (very different) game, so I'm excited to see this and looking forward to watching how it develops... Would help with art if I could, but, well, that's the part I'd also be lacking if I'd tried to make something similar.
RediQ
Somewhat familiar

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:11 am

Hey cool. I always loved this game. Awesome to see someone actually pick up a mantle and run with it. Most of the time someone says they are going to do this and all we ever get is Ambitions, and planned features. You actually succeded.
Anesthetic
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 am

Interested, but I keep getting an "Unable to connect to mediafire" message.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 am

I dunno if this is a bug (feels like one?), but whenever I level up a soldier, the game becomes impossible to interact with after I choose which stat to upgrade. Just in case it matters, both attempts I tried putting the level into Speed.

The screen stays dimmed like it is while you select which stat, but the stat-selection box vanishes so I'm just stuck softlocked on a dimmed screen with no apparent way to back out or select anything else.

Edit: Also, this one I'm less sure if it's a bug, but on the strategy map I'd see enemy towns labeled as "garrison: none" and then have to fight a battle against 16 enemies anyway when I tried attacking. Is that just an intentional advantage given to the ai to have automatically full garrisons versus the player, or is it not intended?
RediQ
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 am

I just want to say openly for the record. I have given full permission to Aurilika to continue vore war in this fashion and I am happy to see him taking up the torch of my old project.

Congratulations on your first release Aurilika. I'll give the game a try sometime soon.
edit:
Gave it a try
it seems level up selections don't work properly. It doesn't undim after you've made your choice.
darkevilme
---

Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby nnnddt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Don't know if it's me who didn't see it, but i don't see where i can go for equip a specific item to a specific girl.
And same than others before, lvl up a girl don't allow me to play further, what is problematic when your ennemies have an army with plenty of leveled up girls.
nnnddt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 pm

RediQ wrote:I dunno if this is a bug (feels like one?), but whenever I level up a soldier, the game becomes impossible to interact with after I choose which stat to upgrade. Just in case it matters, both attempts I tried putting the level into Speed.

The screen stays dimmed like it is while you select which stat, but the stat-selection box vanishes so I'm just stuck softlocked on a dimmed screen with no apparent way to back out or select anything else.

Edit: Also, this one I'm less sure if it's a bug, but on the strategy map I'd see enemy towns labeled as "garrison: none" and then have to fight a battle against 16 enemies anyway when I tried attacking. Is that just an intentional advantage given to the ai to have automatically full garrisons versus the player, or is it not intended?

Okay, I've released a fixed version that fixed the level up bug. The good news is that the saves should be compatible (note that they are just saved in the directory). Hopefully the autosave feature prevented people from losing to much to what was effectively a freeze. The dimmed screen was a relatively recent addition to make the level up menu more clear, but I apparently forgot to add one line of code in the right place, everywhere else the dimming turned off fine. :oops:

That garrison thing is a bug and definitely not intended, I'll look into it. Edit: I can't seem to replicate that bug. If it happens again, try to get a save for it. I think what might be happening is that the AI (assuming you're playing against the Full strength) will wait until there's an army within attacking distance of a town before raising a garrison, so maybe you're seeing no garrison the turn before and then not noticing that it changes? A garrison of 16 should be listed as 'huge' under my system for making enemy numbers vague inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic.

nnnddt wrote:Don't know if it's me who didn't see it, but i don't see where i can go for equip a specific item to a specific girl...

The way the shop screen currently works is that you enter into the shop screen for a particular girl, and can sell her items or buy items for her.
Last edited by Aurilika on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:08 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Armors were combined with weapons due to old game's limitations, though, so, i guess, adding separate armor slot will be the first suggestion.

This is relatively easy to add, the question I ended up on is do you make separate versions of the army for different size bellies or do you just have them take off the armor when they eat someone? I couldn't find a great answer to that. I'm not afraid to add more layers, as I was going to try to add a separate layer for eyes, but the ones I tried to draw looked worse than the current set (which are actually part of the hair) that are still in the lower resolution.

Rayen wrote:I wish I wasn't so busy with my other work or I'd love to do more spritework on this again. I remember playing with them and making those character sprites. (Though I'm not really proud of the doggirl tails now that I look back at them. :V)

Anyway, glad to see someone working on this again. I wish ya all the luck with any additional features ya plan to add. :V

Well, I was the one that edited them to a higher resolution, so I'll repeat as I said in the credits (that are in the help menu). If it looks good, it's probably because of you, if it looks bad, it's probably because of me :D
Aurilika
Participator

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Aurilika wrote:That garrison thing is a bug and definitely not intended, I'll look into it. Edit: I can't seem to replicate that bug. If it happens again, try to get a save for it. I think what might be happening is that the AI (assuming you're playing against the Full strength) will wait until there's an army within attacking distance of a town before raising a garrison, so maybe you're seeing no garrison the turn before and then not noticing that it changes? A garrison of 16 should be listed as 'huge' under my system for making enemy numbers vague inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic.

This... might be what happens.

I'm sure it's because I'm bad at the money management aspect somehow, but I didn't consider that it was possible to just have the cash on hand to be able to suddenly do that while also having one or more well-equipped huge armies roaming the map.
RediQ
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V08A

Postby Absentia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Glad you decided to continue this, when he said he had no plans on continuing this before, did feel like a little bit of a waste, it had a solid foundation and plenty of potential, look forward to seeing you develop this more.
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 am

oooOOOOooooooh. checked out vore war a while back and wasn't happy with it; maybe this'll suit my tastes better. gonna be watching this develop
Slayerhero90
Participator

Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Lonewolf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 am

I played the old version of vore war, and I have to say this is a huge improvement on the game. Great job!

If you are open to suggestions. I have a few quality of life changes:
* A -levelup available- indicator of some kind would be a nice on the army info screen
* A -buy expensive all- button to give the stronger version of weapons to your army
Lonewolf
New to the forum

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Could you post or send me a spritesheet? I think I lost the old one and Unity is harder to interact with in this regard, i'll try doing something with armor/weapons/models themselves.

Another thing is skin tones. The ones in old Vore war were somewhat... yellow-y. Thee are many hex codes for more natural skin over the internet.

these ones are good:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5d/7b/ac/5d7b ... design.jpg
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Lonewolf wrote:I played the old version of vore war, and I have to say this is a huge improvement on the game. Great job!

If you are open to suggestions. I have a few quality of life changes:
* A -levelup available- indicator of some kind would be a nice on the army info screen
* A -buy expensive all- button to give the stronger version of weapons to your army

Thank you, and I'll definitely implement both of these changes.

GreenSlime wrote:Could you post or send me a spritesheet? I think I lost the old one and Unity is harder to interact with in this regard, i'll try doing something with armor/weapons/models themselves.

Another thing is skin tones. The ones in old Vore war were somewhat... yellow-y. Thee are many hex codes for more natural skin over the internet.

these ones are good:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5d/7b/ac/5d7b ... design.jpg

I'll play around with the skintones to find what works well. Here's the current spritesheet for you, and in case anyone else wants to poke around with it.
sprites.png
Character Sprites
Aurilika
Participator

Postby Jade86 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 pm

are you going to implement other vore actions like anal or unbirth or cock vore ?
Jade86
New to the forum

Postby Jadex » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

heya the only thing I kinda wanted in the original game was a mode to run either ai vs ai or player vs player so it would be real neat if you could get that to work

• Neato apparently you already got that setup
Last edited by Jadex on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Jade86 wrote:are you going to implement other vore actions like anal or unbirth or cock vore ?

I do have something in mind for unbirth, but as for the others, as it stands now I don't know how I'd differentiate them other than just being a simple text change.

Jadex wrote:heya the only thing I kinda wanted in the original game was a mode to run either ai vs ai or player vs player so it would be real neat if you could get that to work

That's already in the game. You can play with 4 human players, or you can play with 0 human players, or anything in between. (The options menu also lets you adjust how fast the AI moves so that you can keep up). I did that pretty early on because it helps with testing features.
Aurilika
Participator

Next

Return to Vore game