Vore War V19B

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Vore War V19B

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm

A few months ago I stumbled across darkevilme's game Vore War. I enjoyed it but parts of the interface didn't work how I'd expect them to work. I found a link to the code and decided to port it as a personal project. Then I started finding some of the half implemented features, and it gave me ideas. I asked darkevilme if I could continue the game and post it on the forum, and he said yes. So, a few months later, after much real life and feature creep, I'm releasing my version of it. I thought about waiting until I've made every change I wanted, but I decided I'd rather get people's input to help shape it.

Strategic17E.jpg
Strategic View

Tactical17E.jpg
Tactical View

GameplayOptions.jpg
Some of the options

The basic premise of the game is that there are multiple players battling it out in a turn based battle game with a strategic layer and a tactical layer for battles. Vore plays a large role in the game.

Feel free to make suggestions for gameplay features, options, changes, issue fixes, or things you want to be able to modify.

UI is designed for 16:9 resolution, but I'm leaving the option to pick resolution open so people can use what they like, it's just that other resolutions will have some extra blank space on the full screen UIs

Recent Changelog
Spoiler: show
19B:
AI is now less likely to flee when defending a village.
Fix for alternate army banners not saving
Fixed some possible sources of never ending battles.
Minor fix for Crux sprites
Adventurers now correctly use the empire of their race's settings for being vore capable. Mercenaries are still always vore capable.
Fixed trait effects stacking weirdly when changing around traits in the unit editor
Fixed a major exception that would prevent the turn from advancing for monsters if you loaded a save from before 19A (sorry!)
Cleaned up some more exceptions

19A:
Fixed the edit world settings screen not properly reading secondary colors
Moved the change banner type dropdown behind a button to make it more obvious what it does.
Lamia's second stomach visuals should be working properly now (units in the 2nd stomach will show up in the tail, unless you have the visuals for that disabled, in which case they will still be in the second stomach, but will just show as the normal belly.)
Can now bring the turn report back up, and clicking on a line will take the camera to the location associated with the line. Not particularly important at the moment, as the only messages in there are dismissed/fled units arriving, but will be more useful later.
Can adjust banner sizes in the options menu, ranging from 60% to 100% in 10% increments (or with the f2 key, which is rebindable)
Fixed a bug where the shown accuracy against succubus was far below the actual odds (this was just a display bug, the underlying mechanics worked as intended)
Leaders resurrected in a town will automatically be raised to the minimum experience level for hired units from a town if they are below that threshold. Which makes them the same as other units recruited, or units that end the turn in the town.
Fixed equine belly colors, and changed their dick type to one that's more fitting.
Harvesters now have placeable monster spawners like the other monsters.
Fixed a bug related to switching from a game with crazy buildings on to one with crazy buildings off in the same session.
Fixed a bug where multi-attack units were getting free movement points in certain situations
The crazy building inns now also generate adventurers/mercenaries
Fixed a few exceptions

19:
Graphics / Races:
A new mercenary race has been added, the Puca
Added the Harvester Monster race (sort of insectoid worms)
Added Succubus, a new mercenary. She has a unique summon weapon, and can fly and has a trait that causes enemies to sometimes not summon up the will to attack her.
Added Equines, a new main race. Their graphics are slightly rough at the moment, but that may change in the future. I was a little lazy on their traits, but they may get revamped as part of the next patch.
Bellies now quickly cycle to their new size, instead of instantly snapping
Toga clothing added for Lamia (their garrison default)
Most races have different looking village walls now.
New Banners for all of the main races (Can also be customized to use other designs). Banners and colors in general are switched to a 2 color design (As 16 single colors was pushing the limit of what can be discerned)
Imps basic ranged weapon is now a flaming torch
Lamias have a second stomach trait that allows them to push prey into their tail to make it harder for them to escape. The visuals will depend on whether you have the lamia tail second stomach toggle on or off, either looking like normal vore, or puffing the tail up.

Gameplay / Misc:
The Inn building now allows mercenaries and adventurers to show up for hire. Mercenaries use the normal mercenary spawning rules. Adventurers will mostly be the same race as the village, but can be any active empire or any non-monster enabled as merc.
Can now save settings for empires and the settings in the create strategic screen to three different slots.
Added an option to override Gender and furriness for specific races (in the options menu you can right the button in the bottom right that creates a "overrides.txt" in your UserData directory. It will then automatically load that file the next time the game starts. The race name and usable flags fields are there for convienience, so you should only modify the 2 overrides and 3 sliders. (they are on a scale from 0 to 1). It's likely I'll have a better system for this in the future, but this is a solution that kept me from completely bogging down on this.
Can now rename towns by clicking on the town's name
Monsters can have their turn orders set the same way as players (so they can act before, after, or in the middle of player turns as you wish)
Added goblin caravans. They will randomly move between different villages. They don't have anything you can buy directly at this point, but any village within 3 tiles of one at the end of the goblin's turn gets 10 free gold (earned through trading). Alternatively, you can attack the caravan itself for a decent chunk of gold. Goblins will avoid the villages of races that attack them.
Adjusted the way summoned imps spawn, the chances, and the starting locations.
AI will now try to have more gold saved (potentially resulting in more buildings) after it has more than 3 armies
AI empires can now hire mercenaries in certain circumstances (requires them being close to a merc camp and having lots of gold when they are in resupply mode (or using the new inn feature))
AI empires now take named recruitables into consideration when choosing a village to recruit from
AI empires will now flee when they feel they are severely outnumbered (Though legacy tactical AI does not know how to flee)
Can now view allied armies/villages and the empire status screen between turns (it uses the information of the last player controlled empire)
Some changes to Annoynimouses's crazy buildings mod
Added Anal Vore
Added Tail Vore (currently only usable by the Lamia And Succubus)

Bug Fixes:
Irrigated farms upgrade now functions correctly (before it cost and counted as a manor)
Monsters no longer claim gold mines for themselves if they happen to walk through them (though they will clear out the previous owner)
Switched the enemies killed this battle counter for frenzy / the digestion counter to be correctly applied at the end of digestion, rather than at the end of absorption
Fixed goblin dick not being located in the right place.
Fixed a bug where you could pounce at targets without enough space to eat them, resulting in a free movement.
Fixed up the player pathfinder a little. Now only cancels orders if a unit or village it's not attacking is directly in its way, instead of if any enemy army is within one turn's travel. Now properly avoids enemy villages if they are not the direct target you're trying to attack.
Unit previews (like the one in the upper left in tactical mode) now show bellies properly.
Fixed a rare softlock related to cats trying to pounce on flying units that were surrounded
Put in some logic to find a certain rare broken tactical state (an invisible unit still considered alive) and fix it.
Fixed that the capital was getting certain bonuses applied twice.
Fixed that the tactical move overlay had vanished
Fixed another fog of war related bug
Other miscellaneous fixes.

February 16th - V19B Released -- As usual, savegames should still be compatible.

Win 32 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/bkw27rgt ... 2.zip/file
Win 64 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/7pz15hgx ... 4.zip/file
Mac - https://www.mediafire.com/file/w3a11uft ... c.zip/file
Linux 64 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/9ljfv7pm ... 4.zip/file

For those that want to peek at the source code / unity project you can check it out here : https://www.mediafire.com/file/igboylh7 ... B.zip/file . (Updated to 19B) It's not the greatest quality code, but it's not terrible either. You can also view all of the graphics in there as well.

Discord server https://discord.gg/qTQSztP

If you want to donate to show your support and support development then go to https://digitaltipjar.com/Aurilika
Last edited by Aurilika on Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 114 times in total.
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V08

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Ooh, this is interesting. Changes sound really cool and male chars/male vore are really rare. Definitely will be following this.

I actually did some light spriting (armor pictures) for original vore war, but, sadly, I never got to releasing it and it got lost together with my old hard drive. I could try drawing something again.

Armors were combined with weapons due to old game's limitations, though, so, i guess, adding separate armor slot will be the first suggestion.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Rayen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:33 pm

I wish I wasn't so busy with my other work or I'd love to do more spritework on this again. I remember playing with them and making those character sprites. (Though I'm not really proud of the doggirl tails now that I look back at them. :V)

Anyway, glad to see someone working on this again. I wish ya all the luck with any additional features ya plan to add. :V
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (69)

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 am

Woah, I'd never heard of the original Vore War, but I'm glad you're doing this.

A tactics rpg with a vore-driven combat system is something I'd thought about making for a long time before actually starting my own (very different) game, so I'm excited to see this and looking forward to watching how it develops... Would help with art if I could, but, well, that's the part I'd also be lacking if I'd tried to make something similar.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:11 am

Hey cool. I always loved this game. Awesome to see someone actually pick up a mantle and run with it. Most of the time someone says they are going to do this and all we ever get is Ambitions, and planned features. You actually succeded.
Anesthetic
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 am

Interested, but I keep getting an "Unable to connect to mediafire" message.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 am

I dunno if this is a bug (feels like one?), but whenever I level up a soldier, the game becomes impossible to interact with after I choose which stat to upgrade. Just in case it matters, both attempts I tried putting the level into Speed.

The screen stays dimmed like it is while you select which stat, but the stat-selection box vanishes so I'm just stuck softlocked on a dimmed screen with no apparent way to back out or select anything else.

Edit: Also, this one I'm less sure if it's a bug, but on the strategy map I'd see enemy towns labeled as "garrison: none" and then have to fight a battle against 16 enemies anyway when I tried attacking. Is that just an intentional advantage given to the ai to have automatically full garrisons versus the player, or is it not intended?
RediQ
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 am

I just want to say openly for the record. I have given full permission to Aurilika to continue vore war in this fashion and I am happy to see him taking up the torch of my old project.

Congratulations on your first release Aurilika. I'll give the game a try sometime soon.
edit:
Gave it a try
it seems level up selections don't work properly. It doesn't undim after you've made your choice.
darkevilme
---

Blog: View Blog (35)

Postby nnnddt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Don't know if it's me who didn't see it, but i don't see where i can go for equip a specific item to a specific girl.
And same than others before, lvl up a girl don't allow me to play further, what is problematic when your ennemies have an army with plenty of leveled up girls.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 pm

RediQ wrote:I dunno if this is a bug (feels like one?), but whenever I level up a soldier, the game becomes impossible to interact with after I choose which stat to upgrade. Just in case it matters, both attempts I tried putting the level into Speed.

The screen stays dimmed like it is while you select which stat, but the stat-selection box vanishes so I'm just stuck softlocked on a dimmed screen with no apparent way to back out or select anything else.

Edit: Also, this one I'm less sure if it's a bug, but on the strategy map I'd see enemy towns labeled as "garrison: none" and then have to fight a battle against 16 enemies anyway when I tried attacking. Is that just an intentional advantage given to the ai to have automatically full garrisons versus the player, or is it not intended?

Okay, I've released a fixed version that fixed the level up bug. The good news is that the saves should be compatible (note that they are just saved in the directory). Hopefully the autosave feature prevented people from losing to much to what was effectively a freeze. The dimmed screen was a relatively recent addition to make the level up menu more clear, but I apparently forgot to add one line of code in the right place, everywhere else the dimming turned off fine. :oops:

That garrison thing is a bug and definitely not intended, I'll look into it. Edit: I can't seem to replicate that bug. If it happens again, try to get a save for it. I think what might be happening is that the AI (assuming you're playing against the Full strength) will wait until there's an army within attacking distance of a town before raising a garrison, so maybe you're seeing no garrison the turn before and then not noticing that it changes? A garrison of 16 should be listed as 'huge' under my system for making enemy numbers vague inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic.

nnnddt wrote:Don't know if it's me who didn't see it, but i don't see where i can go for equip a specific item to a specific girl...

The way the shop screen currently works is that you enter into the shop screen for a particular girl, and can sell her items or buy items for her.
Last edited by Aurilika on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:08 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Armors were combined with weapons due to old game's limitations, though, so, i guess, adding separate armor slot will be the first suggestion.

This is relatively easy to add, the question I ended up on is do you make separate versions of the army for different size bellies or do you just have them take off the armor when they eat someone? I couldn't find a great answer to that. I'm not afraid to add more layers, as I was going to try to add a separate layer for eyes, but the ones I tried to draw looked worse than the current set (which are actually part of the hair) that are still in the lower resolution.

Rayen wrote:I wish I wasn't so busy with my other work or I'd love to do more spritework on this again. I remember playing with them and making those character sprites. (Though I'm not really proud of the doggirl tails now that I look back at them. :V)

Anyway, glad to see someone working on this again. I wish ya all the luck with any additional features ya plan to add. :V

Well, I was the one that edited them to a higher resolution, so I'll repeat as I said in the credits (that are in the help menu). If it looks good, it's probably because of you, if it looks bad, it's probably because of me :D
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Aurilika wrote:That garrison thing is a bug and definitely not intended, I'll look into it. Edit: I can't seem to replicate that bug. If it happens again, try to get a save for it. I think what might be happening is that the AI (assuming you're playing against the Full strength) will wait until there's an army within attacking distance of a town before raising a garrison, so maybe you're seeing no garrison the turn before and then not noticing that it changes? A garrison of 16 should be listed as 'huge' under my system for making enemy numbers vague inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic.

This... might be what happens.

I'm sure it's because I'm bad at the money management aspect somehow, but I didn't consider that it was possible to just have the cash on hand to be able to suddenly do that while also having one or more well-equipped huge armies roaming the map.
RediQ
Participator

Re: Vore War V08A

Postby Absentia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Glad you decided to continue this, when he said he had no plans on continuing this before, did feel like a little bit of a waste, it had a solid foundation and plenty of potential, look forward to seeing you develop this more.
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 am

oooOOOOooooooh. checked out vore war a while back and wasn't happy with it; maybe this'll suit my tastes better. gonna be watching this develop
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (19)

Postby Lonewolf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 am

I played the old version of vore war, and I have to say this is a huge improvement on the game. Great job!

If you are open to suggestions. I have a few quality of life changes:
* A -levelup available- indicator of some kind would be a nice on the army info screen
* A -buy expensive all- button to give the stronger version of weapons to your army
Lonewolf
New to the forum

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Could you post or send me a spritesheet? I think I lost the old one and Unity is harder to interact with in this regard, i'll try doing something with armor/weapons/models themselves.

Another thing is skin tones. The ones in old Vore war were somewhat... yellow-y. Thee are many hex codes for more natural skin over the internet.

these ones are good:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5d/7b/ac/5d7b ... design.jpg
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Lonewolf wrote:I played the old version of vore war, and I have to say this is a huge improvement on the game. Great job!

If you are open to suggestions. I have a few quality of life changes:
* A -levelup available- indicator of some kind would be a nice on the army info screen
* A -buy expensive all- button to give the stronger version of weapons to your army

Thank you, and I'll definitely implement both of these changes.

GreenSlime wrote:Could you post or send me a spritesheet? I think I lost the old one and Unity is harder to interact with in this regard, i'll try doing something with armor/weapons/models themselves.

Another thing is skin tones. The ones in old Vore war were somewhat... yellow-y. Thee are many hex codes for more natural skin over the internet.

these ones are good:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5d/7b/ac/5d7b ... design.jpg

I'll play around with the skintones to find what works well. Here's the current spritesheet for you, and in case anyone else wants to poke around with it.
sprites.png
Character Sprites
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jade86 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 pm

are you going to implement other vore actions like anal or unbirth or cock vore ?
Jade86
New to the forum

Postby Jadex » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

heya the only thing I kinda wanted in the original game was a mode to run either ai vs ai or player vs player so it would be real neat if you could get that to work

• Neato apparently you already got that setup
Last edited by Jadex on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Jade86 wrote:are you going to implement other vore actions like anal or unbirth or cock vore ?

I do have something in mind for unbirth, but as for the others, as it stands now I don't know how I'd differentiate them other than just being a simple text change.

Jadex wrote:heya the only thing I kinda wanted in the original game was a mode to run either ai vs ai or player vs player so it would be real neat if you could get that to work

That's already in the game. You can play with 4 human players, or you can play with 0 human players, or anything in between. (The options menu also lets you adjust how fast the AI moves so that you can keep up). I did that pretty early on because it helps with testing features.
Aurilika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game