Vore War V38J

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

Vore War V38J

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 pm

This game is a continuation of darkevilme's game Vore War. It is a turn based tactical game with rpg elements in a vore related world. There are many many races available.

Strategic v21.jpg
Strategic View

Tactical V21.jpg
Tactical View

GameplayOptions.jpg
Some of the options

UI is designed for 16:9 resolution, but I'm leaving the option to pick resolution open so people can use what they like, it's just that other resolutions will have some extra blank space on the full screen UIs

As previously announced this project is now basically in maintenance mode. If there are some bugs found in the near future, I'll fix them, but my involvement is largely done. The spriters were saying they would continue to release updates, but I don't know what the current status of that is.

Recent Changelog
Spoiler: show
38J:
Fixed a major exception I'd accidentally created when fixing the monster allies bit that prevented you from modifying the content settings window mid-game.

38I:
Fixed up the system for monster allies. It used to take effect only at the beginning of the game, and changing monster teams mid-game had no effect because monster relations were effectively frozen once they were needed, now you can change it and it takes effect instantly, hopefully with no side effects.
Fixed a major exception where you could not leave the content settings screen when a certain option was enabled.

38H:
Fix for characters getting equipped with leader clothes instead of rags for Avians, Alraune and Merfolk
Fixed for the races in the strategic add race screen not having functioning tooltips (was effectively a side effect from some previous change that went unnoticed.)
Fixed an error in the strategic terrain calculation where it sometimes wouldn't calculate the upper right corner of terrain correctly. Note this is still weird if the terrain is complicated, but for example an island of snow in the middle of the ocean will no longer have a grass corner in the upper right.
Fixed a sprite error for goblins that could cause a placeholder sprite to display in certain situations.
The spell dropdowns in the race editor and unit editor now display tooltips explaining what spells are.
Fixed a rare issue where diplomacy was still calculated for knocked out empires.
Fixed an issue where the ui wouldn't correctly update the selected unit when you dismissed a unit in slot 0 of an army.
Fixed an issue where spells with an altered success rate wouldn't report their odds correctly in the right click menu.
Fixed an issue where leaders with the 'randomize appearance on death' flag would not gain or lose gender specific traits if they rolled a different sex.
Fixed some logic errors in the exp bar so that it now displays properly, instead of its previous state where it was either full or empty.
Fixed an issue where units with replacable, or eternal, would sometimes cause the battle to have the wrong winner if they died under certain specific conditions.

38G:
Adjusted / Fixed the way monster armies spawned, this was unintended, but not really noticed until someone pointed it out. If you set an armies to spawn with min 8, max 12, it would spawn 8-11, instead of 8-12. Basically the high bound switched from exclusive to inclusive.
Added a separate breast size slider for Herms, so you can make females bigger and herms smaller, or whatever combination you want.
Summoned units now appear with a brief 'Summoned!' text overlaid on them, and also fixed that they would start with hit odds displayed when summoned by an ai.
Put in a fix that should stop units from being duplicated under rare circumstances.
The Herms can UB toggle should work again (I think it broke when the alternate genders were added and had effectively defaulted to on)
Fixed an issue with growth where if it was combined with instant absorption, it would effectively break the game.
Fixed an issue where the game could hang in certain conditions related to Great Escape units at the end of battle.
Fixed an oversight where a unit with pred gusher wouldn't properly force a gush on an unbirth prey through the kurotenko conversion.
Fixed a bug with how AI leaders picked stats in certain circumstances.
Fixed a bug with the AI targeting area of effect spells where they would calculate how many more enemies than allies it hits, discard ones that are even or worse (as intended), and then just pick the remaining target with the highest chance to hit, instead of the best ratio of allies to enemies. Also, they now don't consider enemy surrendered units as good targets in this calculation
Fixed a bug where the game ignored the visible corpses option and always made them visible.
Fixed a long running bug where Succubus had a fixed skin color, instead of a variety. (Bug was introduced in V32, but unnoticed until now)

38F:
Added a new special mercenary, the angel catgirl Erin (Secretly Koishi's character). She's a bit different because she's absolutely incapable of being a pred. Also she is completely undigestable, and effectively escapes at the end of battle if she's someone's prey, as a function of the new TheGreatEscape trait. The trait can be added to other races, but is always in effect for Erin. If that bothers you you can always just disable her from appearing.
Note that the GreatEscape happens at the very end of the battle, so in order to see the flavor text for it you'd need end of battle review on.
Fixed a bug where in specific circumstances some armies and villages were moved too far when resizing the map from left or bottom, which could lead to them sliding off the edge of the map and being deleted, or causing exceptions.
Fixed a couple of rarer exceptions possibly related to saved games from previous versions.
Vore Pounce on right click now displays if the prey is too bulky to consume.
A few updates to Cattitude's stuff from them.
– Whether or not fourth wall breaking shows up in the logs now has a dropdown to either disable, enable, or enable for a specific side
– Seduction chance on rubs now also shows up in the right click menu
– Added some log messages for the seductive "stun" and the conversion
– Added some fart logs and more scat ones, as well as a few others here and there
– Growth: Each absorbtion makes this unit grow in size, but the effect slowly degrades outside battle.
A cheat trait that works quite akin to weight gain/loss, except it makes the unit gain size based on nutrition, while factoring in any existing size difference between pred and prey (A big meal for you is barely snack for a giant, contributing little to their growth)

38E:
Fixed some buggy logic that would cause exceptions related to belly rubs in many situations, notably if the prey was in the womb, anal vored, or a specific breast
Saved customizations now include pronouns too. It won't be saved for any previously saved ones, but it will now generate them if they're missing based on the gender.
Those two issues should be the source of the vast majority of exceptions, so we'll see where we stand with those fixed.
Fix for entering the world settings screen and exiting would overwrite the prey of units with a gender that disables prey.
Fixed an issue introduced in 38C where you could only edit the stats of the first unit you opened in the unit editor in any given playsession, any subsequent times you opened it would just edit the stats of the first unit.
Corrected the buttons on the diplomacy screen so that they display the minimum relations the game actually uses.

38D:
Fixed two major exceptions introduced in 38C, one related to suckle, the other related to the army exchanger being non-functional.
Fixed the item dropdowns options going off of the screen in certain aspect ratios.
Deleted the long disconnected 'Discourage Oral vore' option that lingered way longer than it should have. (It was replaced by a better option many patches ago, and hadn't been functional since that time)
Fixed the logic so the races where it now displays the singular on their info card (i.e. saying cat instead of cats), correctly brings up the race data when hovering over it.
Fixed some minor ui issues.
Included some changes from Cattitude
An option that allows you to belly rub enemies (including some text for it)
added a trait that additionally allows converting enemies via belly rubs. (SeductiveTouch) You must rub an enemy after they have not taken damage for a turn, then they have a chance to get paralyzed. Only if you hit the paralysis chance again a second time in a row do they decide to defect. It's actually not stupidly rare, but relying on it will get you wiped.
implemented farts. The overlap with absorption sound is intentional, even though my fart audio files do have their own gurgles... I just found it sounds better this way.
A number of new interaction texts, and fixed a few pronoun issues and the like while scrolling past
Along with that toggle for farts, I decoupled the burp timing switching from scat; so there's now a toggle for burping on digestion instead of absorption, and scat has no influence on that anymore.

38C:
Added an option to disable cumstains/milk stains (the remnants from BV CV and UB) -- I actually thought there was already a way to disable those but it was pointed out there wasn't.
Fixed an oversight where friendly units with the endosoma trait that were digesting friendly prey would let the battle end before the prey were completely digested.
Fixed pounce odds being visible in some cases when there wasn't enough AP to actually pounce
Includes some changes from Scarabyte:
Added basic pronoun customization for individual units and updated pronoun functions to reference the settings for a unit rather than a prespecified gender. By default, males are he/him, females are she/her, and all others are they/them, but any unit can have their pronouns freely assigned in the Unit Customizer and Unit Editor menus.
Changed the way EXP gain from suckling is calculated; rather than an esoteric formula involving health percentages and level differences, the EXP gain from overheal is now simply the level of each prey, in addition, the hard cap of 40 total has been changed to a soft cap based on (read: equivalent to) the size of the prey, per prey.
Added WetNurse and Honeymaker traits; Wetnurse makes feeding restore more HP and cost less AP, and Honeymaker causes feeding to absorb prey more slowly and give more experience when overhealing, in addition to raising the soft cap on EXP gain per prey.
Bars for EXP, Health, and Mana have been added to the tactical sidebar, army view, and unit editor.
Alongside adding the bars, basic status info (name, level, race, gender and unit type) have been moved out of the scrollable text section so as to always be visible.
Changing a unit's race in the Unit Editor will now reroll their gender, so unintended it should no longer be possible to create certain units with any gender.
Reorganized the unit editor menu, removing redundant info and recentering the unit's sprite to hopefully appear less cramped.

38B:
Added an option to the content settings to disable the visible slit on female vipers. Someone thought the way it looked was weird, so there's a way to avoid it, now.
Realized I'd forgotten to mention the new traits added in 38. PredGusher, PredConverter, and PredRebirther are new traits created by Serav.
Fixed some dialogue typos.
Fixed an issue where opening the training menu would leave the option at the previous level, even if that level was beyond the ability of the town.
Fixed an issue introduced in V38 where absorption messages would trigger twice.

38A:
Fixed a bug where the Dratopyr had no traits and only the default stats, because I didn't wire them up correctly. If you have used the race editor to modify them or view them and then saved, you may need to manually open up the race and reset it to default.
Fixed an issue where the dratopyr were being scaled down, making the images look blurry, and throwing off the offsets.
Reverted what was intended as a bug fix for the Eastern Dragon. Also fixed it so unbirth won't affect their normal belly swaying. (There's no way to easily have the unbirth belly animated so it's better that it functions separately)

38:
Added the Dratopyr Monster race.
Added some additional vore sprites for the compies.
Added a screen to the main menu that allows you to control what traits can be obtained through assimilate and adaptiveBiology. It allows you to turn off negative traits, or cheat traits, or however you want, or to just completely ignore if you don't play with any races that use one of those traits.
Added an external flag to allow leaders to be in other empire's armies via cheats without trying to kill them every turn. I'm not sure it won't cause bugs, so it's stuck in the external flag list.
Fixed some sprite issues.
Fixed a bug that caused tail vore to not appear in the right click menu.
Fixed a bug that caused excessive land bridges to be generated in water heavy maps. Now each disconnected island is only connected once, instead of every village generating its own land bridge. The old functionality was added to an option in the map generation settings.
Fixed a sprite issue with Eastern Dragons and unbirth.
Fixed a typo that caused belly rub messages to be used instead of breast rub messages.

June 9th - V38J Released -- As usual, savegames should still be compatible.

Switched to Mega only because Mediafire seemed to be increasingly flagging the files, let me know if you need a different download method.
Win 32 - https://mega.nz/file/kDwEFJaQ#HscrS6WHu_A8wDwROL_hdNGxnlZdWa_DKqEm97lOMqk (I recommend using the 64 bit version for memory reasons if your computer supports it, but 32 bit is probably still okay if you avoid huge maps)
Win 64 - https://mega.nz/file/AOIgGbiJ#hXv4rcT42I6kow5zhWpIxRjVsdtw2OmGtV6SwxtVoAA
Mac - https://mega.nz/file/kWw3XJTC#c6U73qsd97dJU4csBuWdy9n7H5Fs2DJTolqE8CzoauE
Linux 64 - https://mega.nz/file/0eACjR5A#lpzYjMDDIgSzZscnHikoqGPS_AIfmrOjrARQLDpQTTU

For those that want to check out the source code / unity project you can check it out here : https://mega.nz/file/5ChmXaRK#A859N9ti-QWaGI1fn5CYXQJVoEqQxf0-F69DItgWKJQ . It's not the greatest quality code, but it's not terrible either. You can also view all of the graphics in there as well.

Discord server https://discord.gg/qTQSztP
Last edited by Aurilika on Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:23 pm, edited 242 times in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V08

Postby GreenSlime » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:49 pm

Ooh, this is interesting. Changes sound really cool and male chars/male vore are really rare. Definitely will be following this.

I actually did some light spriting (armor pictures) for original vore war, but, sadly, I never got to releasing it and it got lost together with my old hard drive. I could try drawing something again.

Armors were combined with weapons due to old game's limitations, though, so, i guess, adding separate armor slot will be the first suggestion.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Rayen » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:33 pm

I wish I wasn't so busy with my other work or I'd love to do more spritework on this again. I remember playing with them and making those character sprites. (Though I'm not really proud of the doggirl tails now that I look back at them. :V)

Anyway, glad to see someone working on this again. I wish ya all the luck with any additional features ya plan to add. :V
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 am

Woah, I'd never heard of the original Vore War, but I'm glad you're doing this.

A tactics rpg with a vore-driven combat system is something I'd thought about making for a long time before actually starting my own (very different) game, so I'm excited to see this and looking forward to watching how it develops... Would help with art if I could, but, well, that's the part I'd also be lacking if I'd tried to make something similar.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Anesthetic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:11 am

Hey cool. I always loved this game. Awesome to see someone actually pick up a mantle and run with it. Most of the time someone says they are going to do this and all we ever get is Ambitions, and planned features. You actually succeded.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 am

Interested, but I keep getting an "Unable to connect to mediafire" message.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:26 am

I dunno if this is a bug (feels like one?), but whenever I level up a soldier, the game becomes impossible to interact with after I choose which stat to upgrade. Just in case it matters, both attempts I tried putting the level into Speed.

The screen stays dimmed like it is while you select which stat, but the stat-selection box vanishes so I'm just stuck softlocked on a dimmed screen with no apparent way to back out or select anything else.

Edit: Also, this one I'm less sure if it's a bug, but on the strategy map I'd see enemy towns labeled as "garrison: none" and then have to fight a battle against 16 enemies anyway when I tried attacking. Is that just an intentional advantage given to the ai to have automatically full garrisons versus the player, or is it not intended?
RediQ
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:39 am

I just want to say openly for the record. I have given full permission to Aurilika to continue vore war in this fashion and I am happy to see him taking up the torch of my old project.

Congratulations on your first release Aurilika. I'll give the game a try sometime soon.
edit:
Gave it a try
it seems level up selections don't work properly. It doesn't undim after you've made your choice.
darkevilme
---

Postby nnnddt » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:00 pm

Don't know if it's me who didn't see it, but i don't see where i can go for equip a specific item to a specific girl.
And same than others before, lvl up a girl don't allow me to play further, what is problematic when your ennemies have an army with plenty of leveled up girls.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:38 pm

RediQ wrote:I dunno if this is a bug (feels like one?), but whenever I level up a soldier, the game becomes impossible to interact with after I choose which stat to upgrade. Just in case it matters, both attempts I tried putting the level into Speed.

The screen stays dimmed like it is while you select which stat, but the stat-selection box vanishes so I'm just stuck softlocked on a dimmed screen with no apparent way to back out or select anything else.

Edit: Also, this one I'm less sure if it's a bug, but on the strategy map I'd see enemy towns labeled as "garrison: none" and then have to fight a battle against 16 enemies anyway when I tried attacking. Is that just an intentional advantage given to the ai to have automatically full garrisons versus the player, or is it not intended?

Okay, I've released a fixed version that fixed the level up bug. The good news is that the saves should be compatible (note that they are just saved in the directory). Hopefully the autosave feature prevented people from losing to much to what was effectively a freeze. The dimmed screen was a relatively recent addition to make the level up menu more clear, but I apparently forgot to add one line of code in the right place, everywhere else the dimming turned off fine. :oops:

That garrison thing is a bug and definitely not intended, I'll look into it. Edit: I can't seem to replicate that bug. If it happens again, try to get a save for it. I think what might be happening is that the AI (assuming you're playing against the Full strength) will wait until there's an army within attacking distance of a town before raising a garrison, so maybe you're seeing no garrison the turn before and then not noticing that it changes? A garrison of 16 should be listed as 'huge' under my system for making enemy numbers vague inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic.

nnnddt wrote:Don't know if it's me who didn't see it, but i don't see where i can go for equip a specific item to a specific girl...

The way the shop screen currently works is that you enter into the shop screen for a particular girl, and can sell her items or buy items for her.
Last edited by Aurilika on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:08 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Armors were combined with weapons due to old game's limitations, though, so, i guess, adding separate armor slot will be the first suggestion.

This is relatively easy to add, the question I ended up on is do you make separate versions of the army for different size bellies or do you just have them take off the armor when they eat someone? I couldn't find a great answer to that. I'm not afraid to add more layers, as I was going to try to add a separate layer for eyes, but the ones I tried to draw looked worse than the current set (which are actually part of the hair) that are still in the lower resolution.

Rayen wrote:I wish I wasn't so busy with my other work or I'd love to do more spritework on this again. I remember playing with them and making those character sprites. (Though I'm not really proud of the doggirl tails now that I look back at them. :V)

Anyway, glad to see someone working on this again. I wish ya all the luck with any additional features ya plan to add. :V

Well, I was the one that edited them to a higher resolution, so I'll repeat as I said in the credits (that are in the help menu). If it looks good, it's probably because of you, if it looks bad, it's probably because of me :D
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RediQ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Aurilika wrote:That garrison thing is a bug and definitely not intended, I'll look into it. Edit: I can't seem to replicate that bug. If it happens again, try to get a save for it. I think what might be happening is that the AI (assuming you're playing against the Full strength) will wait until there's an army within attacking distance of a town before raising a garrison, so maybe you're seeing no garrison the turn before and then not noticing that it changes? A garrison of 16 should be listed as 'huge' under my system for making enemy numbers vague inspired by Heroes of Might and Magic.

This... might be what happens.

I'm sure it's because I'm bad at the money management aspect somehow, but I didn't consider that it was possible to just have the cash on hand to be able to suddenly do that while also having one or more well-equipped huge armies roaming the map.
RediQ
Participator

Re: Vore War V08A

Postby Absentia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 pm

Glad you decided to continue this, when he said he had no plans on continuing this before, did feel like a little bit of a waste, it had a solid foundation and plenty of potential, look forward to seeing you develop this more.
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:50 am

oooOOOOooooooh. checked out vore war a while back and wasn't happy with it; maybe this'll suit my tastes better. gonna be watching this develop
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lonewolf » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:55 am

I played the old version of vore war, and I have to say this is a huge improvement on the game. Great job!

If you are open to suggestions. I have a few quality of life changes:
* A -levelup available- indicator of some kind would be a nice on the army info screen
* A -buy expensive all- button to give the stronger version of weapons to your army
Lonewolf
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Could you post or send me a spritesheet? I think I lost the old one and Unity is harder to interact with in this regard, i'll try doing something with armor/weapons/models themselves.

Another thing is skin tones. The ones in old Vore war were somewhat... yellow-y. Thee are many hex codes for more natural skin over the internet.

these ones are good:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5d/7b/ac/5d7b ... design.jpg
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

Lonewolf wrote:I played the old version of vore war, and I have to say this is a huge improvement on the game. Great job!

If you are open to suggestions. I have a few quality of life changes:
* A -levelup available- indicator of some kind would be a nice on the army info screen
* A -buy expensive all- button to give the stronger version of weapons to your army

Thank you, and I'll definitely implement both of these changes.

GreenSlime wrote:Could you post or send me a spritesheet? I think I lost the old one and Unity is harder to interact with in this regard, i'll try doing something with armor/weapons/models themselves.

Another thing is skin tones. The ones in old Vore war were somewhat... yellow-y. Thee are many hex codes for more natural skin over the internet.

these ones are good:

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/5d/7b/ac/5d7b ... design.jpg

I'll play around with the skintones to find what works well. Here's the current spritesheet for you, and in case anyone else wants to poke around with it.
sprites.png
Character Sprites
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jade86 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 pm

are you going to implement other vore actions like anal or unbirth or cock vore ?
Jade86
New to the forum

Postby Jadex » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:17 pm

heya the only thing I kinda wanted in the original game was a mode to run either ai vs ai or player vs player so it would be real neat if you could get that to work

• Neato apparently you already got that setup
Last edited by Jadex on Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 pm

Jade86 wrote:are you going to implement other vore actions like anal or unbirth or cock vore ?

I do have something in mind for unbirth, but as for the others, as it stands now I don't know how I'd differentiate them other than just being a simple text change.

Jadex wrote:heya the only thing I kinda wanted in the original game was a mode to run either ai vs ai or player vs player so it would be real neat if you could get that to work

That's already in the game. You can play with 4 human players, or you can play with 0 human players, or anything in between. (The options menu also lets you adjust how fast the AI moves so that you can keep up). I did that pretty early on because it helps with testing features.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game