Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V09E

Postby SubZero156 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 am

hey i found a bug when you set the base exp to 1 and level up a kitty cat it goes to 1001 please fix
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:21 am

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Map save overwrite doesn't work.
And outright normal saving too.

Weird, I was able to save my map in the original version...

Okay... saving while ingame(not menu), DOES work.

Hmm. Did you happen to download the version that was up for like 4 minutes this morning before I realized I'd made a mistake and not actually fixed the save bug in V09E and removed it from the internet? I didn't change the version number because it didn't occur to me while I was rushing around, and I thought I was fast enough before anyone had downloaded it. I fixed the savegame issue and foolishly did not test it, and there was a second issue with it that I rapidly fixed. There was some issue with the map editor not saving right that I fixed at the same time. The easiest way to check is if the hiring panel bug is still in there where it fails to create the panel and just grays out the screen. If it's still there, its the older version.

While double checking I did run across an issue that's still there. If you load an old savegame (that doesn't have 9 races), then go back to the main menu, then open the map editor, you can't place villages properly. Also found one where if you load a large map, the camera doesn't automatically have the ability to scroll all the way out unless you resize the map to its current size.

>the camera doesn't automatically have the ability to scroll all the way out unless you resize the map to its current size.
I noticed that too, but didn't pay it any mind.

And the specific hire function does indeed work in my download. I doubt I downloaded it that fast, but I'll redownload just to be safe.

Yeah no, menu map saving's still borked! Guess I DIDN'T download the 4 minute version, cause nothing's changed. XD

SubZero156 wrote:hey i found a bug when you set the base exp to 1 and level up a kitty cat it goes to 1001 please fix

Lolwut? Base xp 1?! that would give SO MANY lvls after a fight! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:00 am

And NOW when I make a new strategic game, it's saying "Not enough space to comfortably fit all the villages(correction... "villges" XD )"... when I'm LOADING a saved map. >.>
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 am

GreenSlime wrote:So here are the trunks sprites for all leg sizes, as well as discarded sprite.

I also fixed bikini bottom to make it fit all leg sizes.

I also got an idea and a way to include certain popular monstergirl choices without making a whole new faction. it's probably an idea best left to later updates since it depends on some things currently not present in the game.

Wandering monsters. These are AI-controlled solitary units with high stats that attack passing by armies and villages nearby. They do not capture villages, they eat a portion of population then wander off. These monsters could give a mountain of experience (and more than a few casualties) to your army or you could even recruit them (beastmaster class?). If a unit manages to eat a monster (and this shouldn't be easy - each monster should take place of at least 5 normal units in stomach) unit could get a massive stat boost or even an unique ability.

The clothing fixes are appreciated, I'll get them added.

As for wandering monsters, that sounds like a fun idea. The biggest thing I can foresee though, is if I add a race / monster type, there's always going to be somebody that wants to play as that type. Though I guess the beast master would make them quasi-playable.

SubZero156 wrote:hey i found a bug when you set the base exp to 1 and level up a kitty cat it goes to 1001 please fix

Aside from experience that low basically breaking the game, when I set base experience to 1, It works exactly as I would expect, with 1 exp per level with nothing going to 1001. So I'm not sure what happened there.
Turbotowns wrote:>the camera doesn't automatically have the ability to scroll all the way out unless you resize the map to its current size.
I noticed that too, but didn't pay it any mind.

And the specific hire function does indeed work in my download. I doubt I downloaded it that fast, but I'll redownload just to be safe.

Yeah no, menu map saving's still borked! Guess I DIDN'T download the 4 minute version, cause nothing's changed. XD

I think I may have figured out what the confusion is here. When you save a map, you should be using the save map button on the left panel. I need to disable trying to save in the menu when you're in the map editor, or maybe even the entire save/load screen from there. When you're talking about map saving, you're just talking about the editor, right? or are you still having issues with normal saving as well.

Turbotowns wrote:And NOW when I make a new strategic game, it's saying "Not enough space to comfortably fit all the villages(correction... "villges" XD )"... when I'm LOADING a saved map.

Okay, I've disabled that check for loading maps for the next version.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:49 am

Is there any plans for sounds in the future?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 am

I've changed my plan. I'm going to do all of this batch of map editor fixes, and as much other stuff I have time for a release tonight. I've exceeded the threshold of acceptable bugs to let linger for a few days.

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Is there any plans for sounds in the future?

Yes, in fact I should have some in this week, maybe not for tonight's release, but later in the week.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KuroTenko » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:21 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So after testing weight gain, all the units seem to start in anorexic state which looks weird. And now that I look at it I realize how terribly my starting clothes (bikini/leotard) fit on the thinnest sprite. Yay more fixes!

But honestly I feel like six gradations is going overboard. Three variations (thin, normal, chubby) should be a decent variety. Of course, i'm not into weight gain, so I want to weign (ha) my opinion with other folks in here. Is it important to see gradual fattening or is post-battle "oh look all these enemies went straight into my hips" enough?

I'm asking this because I am currently in the process of drafting up the figures for updated sprites, see pic - yes, i know, i'm posting more drafts and "to be completed" here than actual content, it'll get better, I promise. I'll sprite up the trunks and a couple more articles of clothing before taking up this one in earnest.

For me it is weight gain more about the journey than the end result, so I personally prefer more levels. The subtle changes from battle to battle function as a visible kill counter, and there is more of a sense of accomplishment at max level.

Though I can certainly appreciate that other people may prefer no weight gain, or a one and done approach. So having options is nice. however, now that half of the races in the game use custom sprites (with more on the way), maintaining multiple weight levels for will start to be less practical... Though the custom races are all shaping up to be rather nice.

I do appreciate how the game is catering to just about everyone right now. It will be interesting to see just how many features and options we can collectively come up with :P
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby STVCV » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:05 pm

Last edited by STVCV on Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STVCV
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:07 pm

I mean map saving, game saving works fine now.

KuroTenko wrote:
GreenSlime wrote:So after testing weight gain, all the units seem to start in anorexic state which looks weird. And now that I look at it I realize how terribly my starting clothes (bikini/leotard) fit on the thinnest sprite. Yay more fixes!

But honestly I feel like six gradations is going overboard. Three variations (thin, normal, chubby) should be a decent variety. Of course, i'm not into weight gain, so I want to weign (ha) my opinion with other folks in here. Is it important to see gradual fattening or is post-battle "oh look all these enemies went straight into my hips" enough?

I'm asking this because I am currently in the process of drafting up the figures for updated sprites, see pic - yes, i know, i'm posting more drafts and "to be completed" here than actual content, it'll get better, I promise. I'll sprite up the trunks and a couple more articles of clothing before taking up this one in earnest.

For me it is weight gain more about the journey than the end result, so I personally prefer more levels. The subtle changes from battle to battle function as a visible kill counter, and there is more of a sense of accomplishment at max level.

Though I can certainly appreciate that other people may prefer no weight gain, or a one and done approach. So having options is nice. however, now that half of the races in the game use custom sprites (with more on the way), maintaining multiple weight levels for will start to be less practical... Though the custom races are all shaping up to be rather nice.

I do appreciate how the game is catering to just about everyone right now. It will be interesting to see just how many features and options we can collectively come up with :P

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. ^^

I suppose those of us that has made our own races should maybe handle all the different weight tiers for our own races(Though some of us likely don't care for it), hmmm... I'd like to hear how the other race designers(Lizards, Scylla, Harpy, and soon, Imp and Doll) feel about this.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I plan for the Dolls to have the default body shape with some aesthetic changes(visible joints and other dolly stuff), but I'm not entirely sure I actually want weight gain to be a thing for them. Like, I'll probably make a few different weight variants(if different starting weight is even possible), but I don't think I'd want their weight to actually change, since they're mostly inorganic.

As for the lizards, well, I guess I could try, but making the legs work well at their current size was a struggle for me, making different sizes for those legs is going to be an exercise in (mental)endurance more than anything else. Though I suppose getting digitigrade weight gain down for my lizards would solve the(assumed) problem of bunnies losing their weight gain if you change their leg shape, thus allowing a bit further diversification in the appearance of the old races.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:15 pm

I guess this is a bug, but when I create a strategic game, and effectively add new players by giving them villages when they didn't have any, they never take their turn.
Turbotowns
???

Postby ouphe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:21 pm

I hate to ask this due to not being an artistic one myself, but what is the feasibility of a snake/serpent/naga/lamia class? Would that be similar to Scylla/Lizard in terms of the legs staying more set, or would different bottom halves throw off the layering too much?
They might also have to wait until some of the wandering monster or other different size category concepts...
ouphe
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 pm

trussel08 wrote:Found a bug that dodges fights in the Strategic mode. In order to do simply hit escape, go into world settings and then exit world settings and then exit menu. You'll be completely removed from the fight, if you are doing this on an enemy town you can recruit from it and even devour the villagers on your next turn. If you do this on your own town the AI won't react and the army they have there will sit there waiting until you send another army to kill them/deal enough damage that they leave and return home.

I like how the game is shaping up at the moment, and I love the idea of the hero system.

Thank you for the report, I've got that fixed for tonight's version.

Thank you, the game wouldn't be the same without everyone's graphics though and ideas though.

Turbotowns wrote:I guess this is a bug, but when I create a strategic game, and effectively add new players by giving them villages when they didn't have any, they never take their turn.

Yeah, I'll treat it as a bug. If it's an empire that never had any in the first place, it would be with whatever settings it had originally set, which is of dubious use. But, for an empire that was in the game and was eliminated, it makes more sense, and changing it would affect both of those, so I'll fix it.

ouphe wrote:I hate to ask this due to not being an artistic one myself, but what is the feasibility of a snake/serpent/naga/lamia class? Would that be similar to Scylla/Lizard in terms of the legs staying more set, or would different bottom halves throw off the layering too much?
They might also have to wait until some of the wandering monster or other different size category concepts...

I wouldn't think this would be too hard with graphics supplied. I just completed a major refactoring of the way units are drawn, which should make adding more complicated races easier (which was practically a necessity if I wanted to get imps in there without a giant branching monstrosity cluttering up places where it shouldn't be.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Shameless request: The ability to edit an AI's behavior/AI midgame like turning a passive faction aggressive as the game goes on. Or maybe just an AI setting that places them in the center because I've found that the grouping of villages is actually MUCH better if one is set to the passive center placement. It makes all other empires spawn more or less together with their own villages with the capital being far from the front lines.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:00 am

09F released. As I mention in the notes, let me know if you prefer the old 'all skin' models and I can add an option. As an aside, this would make adding a human race easier to tell apart now. Didn't have enough time to get the Imps in, but they'll definitely be in the Thursday patch.

Let me know if I missed any of the map editor bugs, Turbotowns. Also let me know anyone if I messed up the layers in a way I missed with the new drawing system.

09F:
The first 5 races have furry hands and feet now. If you don't like this, let me know and I'll make it an option instead.
3 Male hairstyles have been added to replace the 3 most feminine hairstyles for males. You can manually give females the male hairstyles and vice versa in the customizer window. I haven't made slime versions yet so slimes don't possess male hairstyles.
Shorts have been added to replace the leotard for males, but only for the first 5 races, as the shorts look silly on harpies, slimes, lizards and scylla
Hiring window now takes up the full screen, and displays the stats of all units, in addition to better using the space.
Tightened up the stat ranges so there is less (but still a fair amount) of variability
Added names for fox/wolf/bunny towns . Bunnies use a different set of names if they're not predators.
Fixed the show world settings screen ending the battle if used in tactical games
Map editor resize can now add or subtract from whichever side you wish.
Various Map Editor fixes for things not working as intended.

Katar wrote:Shameless request: The ability to edit an AI's behavior/AI midgame like turning a passive faction aggressive as the game goes on. Or maybe just an AI setting that places them in the center because I've found that the grouping of villages is actually MUCH better if one is set to the passive center placement. It makes all other empires spawn more or less together with their own villages with the capital being far from the front lines.

I'll add one of those two systems to the next patch
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V09F

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:07 am

What about the map loading when creating a new strategic game issue?

Or when adding players in via map editor?

(They aren't even mentioned in the log, so I don't know if they've been fixed with out testing it myself... which I'm about to.)

...Both of those issues still exist...

OKAY! lol, now when I went to edit my map and I gave it 10 rows south... ALL the Villages went with it, so now I have some in the mountains... in the water... XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:26 am

Turbotowns wrote:What about the map loading when creating a new strategic game issue?

Or when adding players in via map editor?

(They aren't even mentioned in the log, so I don't know if they've been fixed with out testing it myself... which I'm about to.)

...Both of those issues still exist...

Didn't have time to add in the adding players through the map editor. Looks like I made a mistake and fixed the other one backwards (If you're not loading a map it doesn't check the size).

Edit: hotfix removed because the next patch is out
Last edited by Aurilika on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:28 am

I'm okay with furry hands and feet bit it definitely should be an option (maybe even individually customizable).

So to continue the line of fixes here are the updated lower halves for leotard. They now fit all hip sizes better. Especially size 5-6 one since it was the only way to do it without clipping or hanging loose.

Because i'm lazy- i mean efficient, I also remade these lower halves into gym shorts, but since i'm efficient- i mean lazy, only for sizes 0-4, size 5-6 leotard got turned into something else.

Now that easy things are done with, time to sprite up some actual armor.

Another thing, how possible will it be to add other terrain types/different passability for races? For example harpy armies fly (unaffected by forest slowdown) and scyllas swim(can move through water tiles but have 2/1 movement on land). To prevent cheesing there could be a mechanic that if you don't have a town for several turns, you lose.
Attachments
onepiecebottom.png
onepiecebottom.png (3.27 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby ouphe » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:34 am

BUG REPORT:
Weapons aren't showing with the furry hands. At all.
ouphe
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:16 am

furry hands seem interesting in the vein of a new slider later down the line going from almost human (just accessories) to furry hands and feet, to full furry which would change the whole color and spite a bit and the bellies would change to the fur color. obviously we need more sprite edits. Also after playing with weight gain off you still end up with some really flat chested females. a breast size or weight bias slider to bias starting sizes towards heavy or thin would be nice.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game