Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V26D

Postby Micadi » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:03 pm

I can easily imagine centaurs being very hard to make though. Most species in vore war are shown from the front, but that perspective would simply don't give centaurs justice - they would have to be shown at least partially from the side, and that in turn means that practically every sprite would have to be made from scratch for them. I'm honestly not surprised that whoever decided to make them either dropped the project or burned out making them and is continuing work on them at a snail's pace. Well, that, or there were some other circumstances delaying the project. Anyway its not a simple job to do. I've started to work on something more ambitious myself for a new race as a way to test myself and I struggled to finish simple body sprite in a semi-decent shape, whereas I can imagine centaurs being even harder to make.
Micadi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:56 am

Micadi wrote:I can easily imagine centaurs being very hard to make though. Most species in vore war are shown from the front, but that perspective would simply don't give centaurs justice - they would have to be shown at least partially from the side, and that in turn means that practically every sprite would have to be made from scratch for them. I'm honestly not surprised that whoever decided to make them either dropped the project or burned out making them and is continuing work on them at a snail's pace. Well, that, or there were some other circumstances delaying the project. Anyway its not a simple job to do. I've started to work on something more ambitious myself for a new race as a way to test myself and I struggled to finish simple body sprite in a semi-decent shape, whereas I can imagine centaurs being even harder to make.

Oh? An Ambitious race, eh? Might we hear the name?
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:00 am

Micadi wrote:I can easily imagine centaurs being very hard to make though. Most species in vore war are shown from the front, but that perspective would simply don't give centaurs justice - they would have to be shown at least partially from the side, and that in turn means that practically every sprite would have to be made from scratch for them. I'm honestly not surprised that whoever decided to make them either dropped the project or burned out making them and is continuing work on them at a snail's pace. Well, that, or there were some other circumstances delaying the project. Anyway its not a simple job to do. I've started to work on something more ambitious myself for a new race as a way to test myself and I struggled to finish simple body sprite in a semi-decent shape, whereas I can imagine centaurs being even harder to make.

It's partially that, partially me currently working on redesign of some old sprites and on some other stuff too. Centaurs will definitely be a big project when i'll start doing them, with sprite amount comparable to Zera, but if i'll nail them, it'll pave way for more liminal races.

Spoiler: show
Also, as you can see, I can't draw horses very well.

neigh.png
neigh.png (4 KiB) Viewed 2259 times

Rework will be some fairly extensive stuff to, with races brought more to scale and cured of extensive bobbleheadedness. Here are some comparisons.
rework stuff.png
rework stuff.png (11.85 KiB) Viewed 2264 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Micadi » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:53 am

GreenSlime wrote:It's partially that, partially me currently working on redesign of some old sprites and on some other stuff too. Centaurs will definitely be a big project when i'll start doing them, with sprite amount comparable to Zera, but if i'll nail them, it'll pave way for more liminal races.

I wish I had ability to draw sprite's like this. At this point I'm afraid that me recently tackling sprite making without any experience is basically adding more job for you in the future if you plan on fixing all the races. But it's nice to know that other people, especially better than me at the job, are working actively at adding more races (and reworking old ones).

Turbotowns wrote:

Well, I said "more ambitious" rather than outward ambitious. I will post images once I'll have more work done but for now lets just say its a race that can be easily connected to one of the most known phobias.
Micadi
Been posting for a bit

Postby CoinToast » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Sorry if this has been answered repeatedly, and it may be my brain making things up on a consistent basis, but are you super-duper sure that the trait "Artful dodger" is being accurately illustrated in the hit percentages?
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:50 pm

Micadi wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:

Well, I said "more ambitious" rather than outward ambitious. I will post images once I'll have more work done but for now lets just say its a race that can be easily connected to one of the most known phobias.

*brief think*

Drider, or Arachne(nos for males)? Spider people! Arachnophobia is one the most well known phobias, and one of the few well known that has to do with a living creature.

Oh, and, yeah, GreenSlime's like one of this site's best spriters! Wolfie's an awesome promising newcomer, but like they said, they're better with teeny tiny sprites(which you can see over in the Monster Girl Rancher thread). :D

I myself have a little experience, but I'm nowhere as skilled as those two yet(you can see my work in the OG Slime Sprites(Which GreenSlime revamped incredibly), and the leader flag sprites... that, with the new race/emblem flags... have also become obsolete... I... don't think there's a way to go back to the old flags like we can with the race sprites... is there? AH, and speaking of! If GreenSlime's going to tweak the sprites again, would that be a new "tier" of sprites? Like, would we be able to choose between the ancient OG sprites, the current ones, and the upcoming ones(and any more that get made) incase someone prefers one over the other, or wants to switch it around from time to time?).

(I apologize to Wolfie and GreenSlime if my constant praise sounds like ass kissing. ^^' )
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:29 pm

GreenSlime wrote:

It's partially that, partially me currently working on redesign of some old sprites and on some other stuff too. Centaurs will definitely be a big project when i'll start doing them, with sprite amount comparable to Zera, but if i'll nail them, it'll pave way for more liminal races.

Spoiler: show
Also, as you can see, I can't draw horses very well.

neigh.png

Rework will be some fairly extensive stuff to, with races brought more to scale and cured of extensive bobbleheadedness. Here are some comparisons.
rework stuff.png

Now it makes sense why you went radio silent recently. In that case take your time, with the rework and the centaurs, so they can be the best sprites ever!
carlj
Participator

Postby YukiArikaMuze » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:23 pm

i love taurs and centaurs so a centaur race would be my most fave race i would hope thay would be a playble one aswell. ♥
YukiArikaMuze
Somewhat familiar

Postby Scion » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:34 pm

I know that some races can breast vore, however, is there a list of ones that have sprites/animations?

I wanted to add that this is amazing as well :)
Scion
Somewhat familiar

Postby Micadi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Turbotowns wrote:*brief think*

Drider, or Arachne(nos for males)? Spider people!

Yes sir, you win an internet spider-cookie. I wish one day I will actually get good at making sprites.
Attachments
drider2.png
drider2.png (7.31 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
Micadi
Been posting for a bit

Postby Katar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:12 pm

Man, I don't know why you were beating yourself up! That looks really good Micadi!
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:06 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote:About endosoma, it doesn't really matter which way, just the fact that only preds can be powerful healers isn't fun. :P
And i'm talking about switch option for menu, to prevent swallowed allies from taking damage.
And converted that way could survive by previous option or being auto-regurgitated.
Also, i'm not sure if that's how it supposed to be, but alot of vorish events happening in my non-vorish kingdom for no reason...
And about army size, could you add possibility to change army sizes of all factions at once, just like at game creation?

Ah, that's what you meant. So you were thinking even non preds could eat allies if they had the endosoma trait. The only way you could swallow allies that causes them damage is if you've got the infighting mode on (or prey of prey), so I don't see the benefit of that toggle.
I feel like the trade off of making them unable to fight back probably balances out the negative of not being able to convert them.
Yeah, the events have some controls to separate ones that won't work, but I didn't put logic for vore / non vore. The events were one of the things I was working on when I burned out on this project so they didn't get as refined as they should have been.
That would be kind of a pain to set up, and I think it's extremely rare to want to change all of the army sizes to the same thing after the game has started.

Marpatt wrote:So, I have a suggestion for a feature.
As much as I love most of the events, I wish we could toggle/tag events that can play for each race, since it's a little strange to get an event where a bride has swallowed their spouse when playing as bunnies, or getting a slave or ate a husband when men literally don't exist for the race you're playing as.
Ps. Love the game :-D

Well, both of those are in the custom events, so trying to categorize those would be a little more unwieldy. I suppose I could have them separated into vore events / non vore, but I think almost all of them would fit into vore events, in which case you'd do about the same just turning the custom events off. You can always pretend that the vore events are the results of visiting guests or rare aberrations that can vore.
I'll see about adding some tags into the custom events, but they would probably need to be optional, so that they don't break the events people have written themselves.

Marpatt wrote:Adding a way to specify what events can play for which races (Not even including the additions you made to the idea, with what vore is enabled and if the leader can do it) would be a nice change, and allow for even more customization of the game, which is always a good thing

I think that gets into a little bit of a UI nightmare if each custom event was like Cats - yes, Dogs - No, for all races, unless it was just specifically for denials.

CoinToast wrote:Sorry if this has been answered repeatedly, and it may be my brain making things up on a consistent basis, but are you super-duper sure that the trait "Artful dodger" is being accurately illustrated in the hit percentages?

It certainly looks like it's functioning properly. The odds that are shown are the odds that the game uses, and removing artful dodge from a unit caused the chance to hit it to increase from 50% to 55%.

Turbotowns wrote:If GreenSlime's going to tweak the sprites again, would that be a new "tier" of sprites? Like, would we be able to choose between the ancient OG sprites, the current ones, and the upcoming ones(and any more that get made) incase someone prefers one over the other, or wants to switch it around from time to time?).

Honestly I'd probably just make it the new default. The way he's designing them would be a massive undertaking that would result in a lot of changes in a lot of different places and make it not really feasible to maintain two separate copies of everything.

Scion wrote:I know that some races can breast vore, however, is there a list of ones that have sprites/animations?

I mean I think the only race that has sprites specifically for breast vore is the fairy, other races will just temporarily slide toward the top end of their normal boob sizes.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DisguisedQQ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:24 am

How about guerilla trait, that would make small armies invisible when atleast half of units have that trait?
And about cheating, why not make infinite assimilation version? XD
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:04 pm

I would imagine Infinite Money cheat, but the (Probably hard) AI would zerg rush all of my bases. 8O
Though, i would suggest a cheat that can boost your soldier's EXP rate than normal. Haven't seen those except for Prey trait.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Micadi wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:*brief think*

Drider, or Arachne(nos for males)? Spider people!

Yes sir, you win an internet spider-cookie. I wish one day I will actually get good at making sprites.

HOLY FUCK! That looks AMAZING! That looks good enough already! XD

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:If GreenSlime's going to tweak the sprites again, would that be a new "tier" of sprites? Like, would we be able to choose between the ancient OG sprites, the current ones, and the upcoming ones(and any more that get made) incase someone prefers one over the other, or wants to switch it around from time to time?).

Honestly I'd probably just make it the new default. The way he's designing them would be a massive undertaking that would result in a lot of changes in a lot of different places and make it not really feasible to maintain two separate copies of everything.

I suppose that's fine, an OG option and a Latest version.
Turbotowns
???

Postby DisguisedQQ » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:07 pm

So many creeps around... But not a single ratman... ;_;
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Younger99 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:05 am

DisguisedQQ wrote:How about guerilla trait, that would make small armies invisible when atleast half of units have that trait?
And about cheating, why not make infinite assimilation version? XD

I like your latter idea!
It could easily work well for small scouting forces
There also could be a trait which aids in detecting such units if not an upgrade on bases?
Younger99
Participator

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Loving this game! Is there any way to give a race the prey's curse as a trait? I'd love to have a preyslut race.

Also are there any plans to expand diplomacy? I'd love if you could offer population instead of gold as an offering :3
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Redpod » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:08 am

List of cheats please?
The eeveelutions are predators
Redpod
Somewhat familiar

Postby Younger99 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:20 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Loving this game! Is there any way to give a race the prey's curse as a trait? I'd love to have a preyslut race.

Also are there any plans to expand diplomacy? I'd love if you could offer population instead of gold as an offering :3

Interesting ideas on your part mate! XD
Younger99
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game