Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V39

Postby UraniumCore92 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:34 pm

Aurilika, I like your game, and even their bellies are quite large with their normal size including when they are in colossal mode.
UraniumCore92
New to the forum

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:13 pm

Just wanted to drop by again and thank you Aurilika and everyone else who's contributed to this game :D

I've seriously had so many hours of fun with it over the years - I never even knew I liked wartime strategy games prior to this, now it's one of my go-to's, especilly shut in in the winter. I've been having lots of fun building maps lately in efforts to create a massive realistically laid out world before spending literal days of gameplay trying to conquer them.

Thanks for all the wonderful effort put into this game <3
Attachments
Screenshot 2022 2.png
I'm actually quite proud of how well this map runs :D
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Apruum » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:50 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Just wanted to drop by again and thank you Aurilika and everyone else who's contributed to this game :D

I've seriously had so many hours of fun with it over the years - I never even knew I liked wartime strategy games prior to this, now it's one of my go-to's, especilly shut in in the winter. I've been having lots of fun building maps lately in efforts to create a massive realistically laid out world before spending literal days of gameplay trying to conquer them.

Whoah. How did you build those bridges?
Apruum
Been posting for a bit

Postby PhantomOfMars » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:56 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Just wanted to drop by again and thank you Aurilika and everyone else who's contributed to this game :D

That is a seriously impressive map!
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:51 pm

Apruum wrote:Whoah. How did you build those bridges?

Bridges are available in the map editor! There's also a hashed line for seapaths which serve the same purpose, I recently discovered.

PhantomOfMars wrote:That is a seriously impressive map!

Thanks!! It actually started as mostly only a portion of that central continent, I've played through about 3 full games on it now and each time I finish a game I expand the map and bulid more around it
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby Sondone » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:19 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
Apruum wrote:Whoah. How did you build those bridges?

Bridges are available in the map editor! There's also a hashed line for seapaths which serve the same purpose, I recently discovered.

PhantomOfMars wrote:That is a seriously impressive map!

Thanks!! It actually started as mostly only a portion of that central continent, I've played through about 3 full games on it now and each time I finish a game I expand the map and bulid more around it

Any chance you may consider sharing the map save?
Sondone
New to the forum

Postby ARandomTree » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:05 pm

Question, will there be an android version of this game for people to play on their phone?
ARandomTree
New to the forum

Postby PhantomOfMars » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:21 pm

ARandomTree wrote:Question, will there be an android version of this game for people to play on their phone?

The author of the game has basically tapped out of the project. So I would predict that the answer is likely: no.
PhantomOfMars
Somewhat familiar

Postby DraconicSyntax » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Sondone wrote:Any chance you may consider sharing the map save?

Yeah sure thing! Few last tweaks and mistakes I want to correct first that I recently noticed, but I'll post the file here once I fix it
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DraconicSyntax » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:51 pm

Here's the map file I use! Change the file extension back to .map before putting it in your maps folder though, the site wouldn't let me upload a .map file
Attachments
MainMapExt.txt
(309.05 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby swagnamite » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:31 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:Here's the map file I use! Change the file extension back to .map before putting it in your maps folder though, the site wouldn't let me upload a .map file
How do I change this to a map file?
swagnamite
New to the forum

Postby Panzershark » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:33 am

swagnamite wrote:
DraconicSyntax wrote:Here's the map file I use! Change the file extension back to .map before putting it in your maps folder though, the site wouldn't let me upload a .map file

Rename the file, from MainMapExt.txt to MainMapExt.map. Make sure the option in system settings to show file extensions is on as well, otherwise you can’t rename a file to a different type to change what it is.
Hello there! For those interested here is the current listing for my bots for C.AI:
viewtopic.php?p=2984781#p2984781
Panzershark
Participator

Postby swagnamite » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:36 am

Panzershark wrote:
swagnamite wrote:

Rename the file, from MainMapExt.txt to MainMapExt.map. Make sure the option in system settings to show file extensions is on as well, otherwise you can’t rename a file to a different type to change what it is.
Thanks!
swagnamite
New to the forum

Postby FennFox » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:24 pm

Salutations Aurilika,
I bring unfortunate news, but first, Vore War v08 was an absolute blast to play, a gem for me to discover, i love the gameplay mechanics of the action and design of races, but i lost the game a while ago when i needed my laptop to be repaired, but when i came back to get it again, it updated to v39, i was excited for the new content, i downloaded the MAC version and tried to open it.... "Finder" (The folder assistant for MACs) says i cant be opened even with a reason or hint why it cant, i tried remaking the app by moving the content to another folder and turn it into an app folder, still said no, i tried looking in settings to see if it needed permission, still a no, and with wine already installed i tried getting Windows x64 and it wouldn't even open and show anything....

Aurilika, either the code wont work for MACs, my side (idk why) or the update could be a bit buggy, there are two ways i could do, wait patiently for the next update and hope it works, or i could ask you if you could recover the v08 of vore war and see if it's a security system on my side or if it's just the versions that matter.
FennFox
New to the forum

Postby Creaturedude » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:16 pm

FennFox wrote:Salutations Aurilika,
I bring unfortunate news, but first, Vore War v08 was an absolute blast to play, a gem for me to discover, i love the gameplay mechanics of the action and design of races, but i lost the game a while ago when i needed my laptop to be repaired, but when i came back to get it again, it updated to v39, i was excited for the new content, i downloaded the MAC version and tried to open it.... "Finder" (The folder assistant for MACs) says i cant be opened even with a reason or hint why it cant, i tried remaking the app by moving the content to another folder and turn it into an app folder, still said no, i tried looking in settings to see if it needed permission, still a no, and with wine already installed i tried getting Windows x64 and it wouldn't even open and show anything....

Aurilika, either the code wont work for MACs, my side (idk why) or the update could be a bit buggy, there are two ways i could do, wait patiently for the next update and hope it works, or i could ask you if you could recover the v08 of vore war and see if it's a security system on my side or if it's just the versions that matter.

I have the same problem, its been that way for.... a long time. I think at least as early as V25 or something, I can't remember the last time I tried.
Life is really fucking hard. It would be so much simpler if I were ass and tit fat.
Creaturedude
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarthTrajan » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:43 pm

I want to second just how great the map looks! Do you have any recommended settings for it (Army MP, mercenary settings, etc.)?
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:24 pm

DarthTrajan wrote:I want to second just how great the map looks! Do you have any recommended settings for it (Army MP, mercenary settings, etc.)?

Thank you!! For the settings I use, I would HIGHLY reccomend enabling Annoynimouse's extended buildings - the world being as big as it is, wealth generation is extremely important, especially for the number of armies and garrisons you tend to have (in the mid game, most surviving factions tend to have somewhere between 8-20 armies) - I've also cranked gold mine generation to 120 per turn, and even with all the extra wealth generation, it feels like I can only just keep up in terms of expenses. I get the higher level buildings at a steady rate - not nearly too fast, but it doesn't take an eternity either - and a lot of times in the mid to late game, a lot of my armies I need to just hold position in cities, and so to keep their strength on par with the AI armies I make sure to do a lot of army training. The extended buildings also gives you something to continually work towards in the later game besides just leveling up your armies - in the past I've had it to where I'm earning 30,000 gold per turn, and I STILL manage to spend it all in one turn while holding off 3 or 4 massive empires on my boarders and pushing into another territory with my leader's army from one angle and an auxillery army composed of a mash of special mercenaries and other units I've trained to absurd levels.

I keep the default army and garrison sizes and most other default game settings, so modify those to your personal preference.

Probably set the victory condition to owning all capitols, but do what you want there!

For army MP, I keep it at 3 during the early game, but once I've conquered most of the immediate surrounding villages I'll bump it to 4. Might even go 5 towards the end game, but might not be necessary.

There are already a number of default monster spawn locations built into the map, but it only accounts for a few of the possible feral monsters (namely the ones I thought would be thematically appropriate - sharks are common along coastlines, dragons are in reculusive mountainous areas but also frequently near gold mines, lizards are usually from the desert, fairies from the forest, etc).

You may notice there are a LOT more human villages than anything else - they have 16 whereas most others are 3-6. This seems to work well though as early game, humans make EXCELLENT army fodder, and their clever trait means that in later game when they have lost a number of villages, they start to scale well to remain strong without being overpowered. I also made sure that any race that had 6 or more villages at the start (like humans) were more spread over the world - still in small clusters, but not one full united empire, as that would probably make things a bit too difficult.

Mercenary settings I mostly just tweaked to my own preference in terms of what is avialable, but I definitely made sure to keep all the special mercenaries. For monster spawns, I would tend to turn up the spawn attempts with certain races (especially faries) as well as crank up their scaling value.

Definitely play with diplomacy, but I start with the diplomacy scaling set to suspicious so alliances don't start too early on.

I don't play with fog of war, but I don't see why it would be much different in terms of difficulty than any other map, though you may want to be careful if an empire gets extremely strong without you seeing - I find this rather fun though as it means I have strong empires to face in the late game, rather than it petering out as I become the strongest with none to oppose me.

When I play this map, I usually do it with the intent of playing the Lamia race which is positioned about at the center of the whole map which provides even access to most stuff, as well as a neighboring human kingdom which makes for easy army XP early game - my most recent playthough I've been doing sharks though, but I liked the center map placement so I swapped the shark and Lamia village placements. The map also doesn't include EVERY single race, so check if there are any particular ones you want to either play as or against before getting into the game.

Last couple things: Overall especially in the early game, most factions are pretty evenly matched - the ones that start to win out over others in the mid game often change each time, but I do tend to notice a few particular races fare better than others. Cats, the octopi race, lizards, harpies, panthers, and imps tend to do well, but again this will vary. Humans would probably do better if I didn't have a habit of targeting them first every time, but they tend to never be too easy or too OP. FOXES however I think are a little OP with their racial traits, as no matter what map I've played on with foxes enabled, they almost always become crazy powerful and unstoppable very early on - so I'll tweak their strategic AI between basic and legacy as needed to keep them in check, but if you don't feel like doing that then maybe consider replacing their villages with another race (they're all over on the left side of the map).

And finally: Armies get STRONG in this world over time. Like, in the mid to late game, many of the remaining empires will have at least 2 armies of strength 36 or higher, and I've seen as high as at least 40. They'll then probably have 3-5 at strength 20ish, and then another 10-15 armies at strength 10-15. If your armies aren't battling or moving, definitely use and abuse army training, even if it's just the smallest amount of training you can afford. Doing this with my more idle armies they tend to keep as strong enough to go toe to toe with most armies that aren't the royal armies (the ones that have the leader), whereas my most mobile and active armies remain my strongest.

And a final tip on army composition that's led to success with me - I'll usually build my armies so that ~50-75% are my own race, and the rest is made up of alternative units - perhaps casters for utility, special mercenaries or extra tanky characters. It's also a totally viable strategy to raise an army of only 2 or 3 units so that you can constantly use the max trainer setting to level them up very quickly, and then I'll send them to reinforce an army that's lost some of its stronger units while they recover at a town.

Hope this all helps!
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DarthTrajan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:17 am

DraconicSyntax wrote:
DarthTrajan wrote:I want to second just how great the map looks! Do you have any recommended settings for it (Army MP, mercenary settings, etc.)?

Thank you!! For the settings I use, I would HIGHLY reccomend enabling Annoynimouse's extended buildings - the world being as big as it is, wealth generation is extremely important, especially for the number of armies and garrisons you tend to have (in the mid game, most surviving factions tend to have somewhere between 8-20 armies) - I've also cranked gold mine generation to 120 per turn, and even with all the extra wealth generation, it feels like I can only just keep up in terms of expenses. I get the higher level buildings at a steady rate - not nearly too fast, but it doesn't take an eternity either - and a lot of times in the mid to late game, a lot of my armies I need to just hold position in cities, and so to keep their strength on par with the AI armies I make sure to do a lot of army training. The extended buildings also gives you something to continually work towards in the later game besides just leveling up your armies - in the past I've had it to where I'm earning 30,000 gold per turn, and I STILL manage to spend it all in one turn while holding off 3 or 4 massive empires on my boarders and pushing into another territory with my leader's army from one angle and an auxillery army composed of a mash of special mercenaries and other units I've trained to absurd levels.

I keep the default army and garrison sizes and most other default game settings, so modify those to your personal preference.

Probably set the victory condition to owning all capitols, but do what you want there!

For army MP, I keep it at 3 during the early game, but once I've conquered most of the immediate surrounding villages I'll bump it to 4. Might even go 5 towards the end game, but might not be necessary.

There are already a number of default monster spawn locations built into the map, but it only accounts for a few of the possible feral monsters (namely the ones I thought would be thematically appropriate - sharks are common along coastlines, dragons are in reculusive mountainous areas but also frequently near gold mines, lizards are usually from the desert, fairies from the forest, etc).

You may notice there are a LOT more human villages than anything else - they have 16 whereas most others are 3-6. This seems to work well though as early game, humans make EXCELLENT army fodder, and their clever trait means that in later game when they have lost a number of villages, they start to scale well to remain strong without being overpowered. I also made sure that any race that had 6 or more villages at the start (like humans) were more spread over the world - still in small clusters, but not one full united empire, as that would probably make things a bit too difficult.

Mercenary settings I mostly just tweaked to my own preference in terms of what is avialable, but I definitely made sure to keep all the special mercenaries. For monster spawns, I would tend to turn up the spawn attempts with certain races (especially faries) as well as crank up their scaling value.

Definitely play with diplomacy, but I start with the diplomacy scaling set to suspicious so alliances don't start too early on.

I don't play with fog of war, but I don't see why it would be much different in terms of difficulty than any other map, though you may want to be careful if an empire gets extremely strong without you seeing - I find this rather fun though as it means I have strong empires to face in the late game, rather than it petering out as I become the strongest with none to oppose me.

When I play this map, I usually do it with the intent of playing the Lamia race which is positioned about at the center of the whole map which provides even access to most stuff, as well as a neighboring human kingdom which makes for easy army XP early game - my most recent playthough I've been doing sharks though, but I liked the center map placement so I swapped the shark and Lamia village placements. The map also doesn't include EVERY single race, so check if there are any particular ones you want to either play as or against before getting into the game.

Last couple things: Overall especially in the early game, most factions are pretty evenly matched - the ones that start to win out over others in the mid game often change each time, but I do tend to notice a few particular races fare better than others. Cats, the octopi race, lizards, harpies, panthers, and imps tend to do well, but again this will vary. Humans would probably do better if I didn't have a habit of targeting them first every time, but they tend to never be too easy or too OP. FOXES however I think are a little OP with their racial traits, as no matter what map I've played on with foxes enabled, they almost always become crazy powerful and unstoppable very early on - so I'll tweak their strategic AI between basic and legacy as needed to keep them in check, but if you don't feel like doing that then maybe consider replacing their villages with another race (they're all over on the left side of the map).

And finally: Armies get STRONG in this world over time. Like, in the mid to late game, many of the remaining empires will have at least 2 armies of strength 36 or higher, and I've seen as high as at least 40. They'll then probably have 3-5 at strength 20ish, and then another 10-15 armies at strength 10-15. If your armies aren't battling or moving, definitely use and abuse army training, even if it's just the smallest amount of training you can afford. Doing this with my more idle armies they tend to keep as strong enough to go toe to toe with most armies that aren't the royal armies (the ones that have the leader), whereas my most mobile and active armies remain my strongest.

And a final tip on army composition that's led to success with me - I'll usually build my armies so that ~50-75% are my own race, and the rest is made up of alternative units - perhaps casters for utility, special mercenaries or extra tanky characters. It's also a totally viable strategy to raise an army of only 2 or 3 units so that you can constantly use the max trainer setting to level them up very quickly, and then I'll send them to reinforce an army that's lost some of its stronger units while they recover at a town.

Hope this all helps!

Thanks for the in-depth explanation! It definitely does help! I haven't actually used the extended building mod yet, so that'll be interesting to try out. I'm also going to knock the army size down since I prefer smaller battles. I'm curious to see how that will change the strategic gameplay compared to what you've said typically happens.

Also, one last question: Do you keep the monsters on the default setting where they disperse after taking a village, or do you have them fortify if they take one?
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

Postby DraconicSyntax » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:26 pm

DarthTrajan wrote:
Thanks for the in-depth explanation! It definitely does help! I haven't actually used the extended building mod yet, so that'll be interesting to try out. I'm also going to knock the army size down since I prefer smaller battles. I'm curious to see how that will change the strategic gameplay compared to what you've said typically happens.

Also, one last question: Do you keep the monsters on the default setting where they disperse after taking a village, or do you have them fortify if they take one?

I imagine the smaller army sizes shouldn't affect strategic gameplay, but I've always only used the default so suppose I don't know for sure. As for monsters, I never have them disperse - early game I usually set them to eat up to 50% of the village and maintain position, then in mid to late game I have them eat all, repopulate and fortify. It's led to some wicked strong monster villages when they're left unattended too long, but I like that as a consequence for leaving the monsters to their own devices too long. Plus, it can be nice having some monster villages if you can take them back in order to recruit monsters for your armies (I'll often try this with dragons and fairies - fairies are surprisingly good units to have once they get a good few levels under their belt).
DraconicSyntax
Participator

Postby DarthTrajan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:22 pm

DraconicSyntax wrote:
I imagine the smaller army sizes shouldn't affect strategic gameplay, but I've always only used the default so suppose I don't know for sure. As for monsters, I never have them disperse - early game I usually set them to eat up to 50% of the village and maintain position, then in mid to late game I have them eat all, repopulate and fortify. It's led to some wicked strong monster villages when they're left unattended too long, but I like that as a consequence for leaving the monsters to their own devices too long. Plus, it can be nice having some monster villages if you can take them back in order to recruit monsters for your armies (I'll often try this with dragons and fairies - fairies are surprisingly good units to have once they get a good few levels under their belt).

Really? That's good to know. I haven't really made use of fairies so far during my games. I have exploited the trick of giving dragons monster villages before, but it'll be interesting to see what the AI does if they manage to capture any such village. Anyway, thanks again for the response!
DarthTrajan
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game