Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V25M

Postby gigaredpanther » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 am

I just felt the need to go back here and re-emphasize how this is my favorite vore game ever. As someone who is complete prey trash, part of the reason is the simple fact that you can try your best and still lose. A lot of vore games out there set you up to win, and prey scenarios are basically accessed by going out of your way to lose. That to me just doesn't feel the same as giving it your all, only for your best to not be good enough. And yeah, pre-scripted scenarios with CGs are nice and all, but something just appeals to me about how naturally Vore War scenarios play out. An example given in the traditional forum post way:

>Watching AI do their thing between my turns
>The Human leader's squad is moving into Imp territory
>Imps start sending squads to stop their approach
>Humans valiantly fight and defeat them
>The victorious Humans turn back to recoup in one of their cities
>Suddenly, WOLVES OUT OF NOWHERE!
>grabthepopcorn.jpg
>Weakened from battle, everyone including the queen get eaten by the wildlife
>Turns out the human border is weak due to overextension
>Human towns get eaten by packs of feral wolves
>I don't even have a picture for MFW. But believe me, I was greatly amused.
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby 2booger » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:57 pm

Where can i find old versions?
Do you have an archive of old versions?
2booger
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:14 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:I just felt the need to go back here and re-emphasize how this is my favorite vore game ever. As someone who is complete prey trash, part of the reason is the simple fact that you can try your best and still lose. A lot of vore games out there set you up to win, and prey scenarios are basically accessed by going out of your way to lose. That to me just doesn't feel the same as giving it your all, only for your best to not be good enough. And yeah, pre-scripted scenarios with CGs are nice and all, but something just appeals to me about how naturally Vore War scenarios play out. An example given in the traditional forum post way:

>Watching AI do their thing between my turns
>The Human leader's squad is moving into Imp territory
>Imps start sending squads to stop their approach
>Humans valiantly fight and defeat them
>The victorious Humans turn back to recoup in one of their cities
>Suddenly, WOLVES OUT OF NOWHERE!
>grabthepopcorn.jpg
>Weakened from battle, everyone including the queen get eaten by the wildlife
>Turns out the human border is weak due to overextension
>Human towns get eaten by packs of feral wolves
>I don't even have a picture for MFW. But believe me, I was greatly amused.

...Heh.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:05 pm

gigaredpanther wrote:I just felt the need to go back here and re-emphasize how this is my favorite vore game ever. ... And yeah, pre-scripted scenarios with CGs are nice and all, but something just appeals to me about how naturally Vore War scenarios play out.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it. That's honestly part of what attracted me to it when I first saw it, the dynamic nature of it. I tend to like games that are more gameplay based than story based (not that I don't enjoy a good scripted game), so seeing this project drew my attention. You can effectively write your own story, instead of following a preset path. That's also the goal for my other game (which I swear I'll release soon). Also, there should be a newer patch for this sometime soon as well.

2booger wrote:Where can i find old versions?
Do you have an archive of old versions?

I haven't really been keeping old versions around. Partly because I don't think there's really a reason to play most of them, aside from curiosity. Very rarely are features removed, and most new features are optional, so more recent versions give you more options without taking away any, and are generally more stable. The only exception I can think of is if you have a computer with very little ram, you might have issues with the high number of sprites in more recent versions.

There's also a huge number of them, probably around 150. Even if you just had the final patch from each numbered version, that would still be like 17 versions.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:54 am

What genre would you say your new game is? I can't remember if you already said or not(and there are so many pages, looking for it would... take some time...), a tactical rpg like this one, or something else?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:55 pm

Turbotowns wrote:What genre would you say your new game is? I can't remember if you already said or not(and there are so many pages, looking for it would... take some time...), a tactical rpg like this one, or something else?

Well, I could talk about it, but I'm hoping to get it out within a week (during the week is busy, so it will either be tomorrow, or next weekend). For real this time.

V26 Released.
Been distracted by some various things, so this patch took longer than I though, even accounting for the burnout status. So, I'm not guaranteeing it's bug free, but it seems to run without any major issues, and if there's any issues I should be able to fix them tomorrow.

26:
Added the Zera special mercenary. It's not quite 100% done, but everything that's in should probably be working correctly, there will just be a little more variety.
Equines have had some sprite changes, including individually toggleable alternate weapons for 3 of their weapons, a new piece of clothing, and a few other minor additions.
Fixed a bug where units with different sized sprites with offsets would be messed up when shown in the ui (but fine in the game window) (Though the Zera sprite is still a little off when shown in the ui.
Taurus sprites have been slightly updated, including another 2 dick sizes.
Lamia sprites have been slightly updated.
AI now avoids casting spells while waiting for the battle to finish.
Placing a village in the map editor no longer clears adjacent villages, allowing map makers more freedom to do unique things. Note that villages don't count as a farm tile, so any directly adjacent villages will have reduced maximum population.
You can now specific a number of abandoned villages to add on map creation, they will generally appear on the borders between empires, but aren't really placed in a perfectly fair manner (You can always make maps or manually modify if you want a high degree of fairness).
The Huge cheat trait is now called Titantic (existing units update automatically), and two intermediate sizes, Huge and Colossal have been added. I strongly recommend not using multiple at the same time, but I'm not going to stop you.
If there are abandoned towns on the map, they will now rename themselves to be the name of the first race to capture them. This only happens once per town.
Brought back the old lizard leader outfit (someone modifed it to work with the current lizard sprite)
Abandoned villages now correctly use the abandoned village icon when loaded in the map editor, instead of the monster icon. Also fixed the tooltip for hovering over abandoned villages in the map editor.
Fixed an issue where the Sergal bikini bottom didn't use clothing colors
Fixed a bug where Leader Traits in the content settings menu were not saved correctly when saved as defaults
Added Assimilate and Adapative Biology cheat traits, as different ways of taking traits from absorbed units.
Fixed bug where if a unit with endosoma ate a friendly unit then fled, the battle would take a long time to resolve, or end up trapped in a permanent battle.
Added Abakhanskya unique mercenary. This one had been waiting a while and somehow fell through the cracks and I was never reminded about it.
Added a locked AI relations option to diplomacy - If enabled, AI empires will not change relations with other AI empires. Useful if you want to group the ai into teams and have them stay that way while still having a flexible player
Innate spell has been added to the race editor, for simplicity, this doesn't affect unit's built-in fixed innate spells (Scorch or Selicia), or units with randomized spells (fairy or dragon)
Defect checks now use the new race, if you've used the cheat mode to convert a race into a different race. (Note that this can concievably result in units defecting back and forth if you have two empires of the same race)
Fixed a couple events that had one of their checks messed up, so they would not appear if leaders were enabled, and would show up and cause errors if leaders were disabled.
Adventurers will now spawn properly as the replaced race instead of the original race if an empire was force replaced by a different race.
Fixed a bug where the battle would end in some cases even if a friendly unit was still being digested/absorbed by a friendly unit. (Though that's the normal behavior for skip to end, it wasn't intended for the auto advance turns, i.e. the 'watch them digest' setting)
Redesigned the way bats work to simplify things. Instead of effectively being two races behind the scenes, they instead default to males having the small trait. This also allows them to properly edited using the race editor, and their male to female % is now unlocked, instead of a forced 20% male. (Note that this means their power scales depending on gender ratio, but you can always use the race editor to change this if desired)
Can now specify a set of gender specific traits for all races, as a better way of doing it than adding it to every race individually.
Fixed an incorrect tooltip for the spawn attempts field
Asura's special is no longer visible from the strategic map (no longer does her animation / sounds if the battle is being quick-decided)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V26

Postby dddddd2 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:59 am

Thanks for the update, very nice!

I've found a bug, Young Wyvern seem to have their sprite offset wrong:
2019-10-28 20 53 53.png
2019-10-28 20 53 53.png (17.68 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 pm

Innate spell in the editor, and EVEN MORE SIZES... Oh yeah, it's all coming together...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:05 am

Circle0Trick wrote:Fixed the team thing.

Jeez, why does that take so long to download? Is it just me?

Also, uh... I can't have both the latest version AND the fairy mod... ^^;
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:41 am

Turbotowns wrote:Jeez, why does that take so long to download? Is it just me?

Probably because the mod is 1.94GB (As of October 13th build) while the original game (Version 26) is only 74KB
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:09 pm

SquishySofty wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Jeez, why does that take so long to download? Is it just me?

Probably because the mod is 1.94GB (As of October 13th build) while the original game (Version 26) is only 74KB

HOW is a MOD... more than TWICE the size of the game it's for?! XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Aurilika wrote:Brought back the old lizard leader outfit (someone modifed it to work with the current lizard sprite)

*Checks*
Whoa whoa, holy crap! When I updated that outfit and put it on the Discord I never expected it to actually be used!
Thanks again for being awesome, Aurilika!
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Deioth » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:09 pm

Would personally love to see the male furry Tauros get changeable eyes. Body pattern and fluff options would be wonderful, as well, if whoever made them cares to tweak them. They all basically look the same compared to every other race and that has saddened me greatly ]:8Y
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Aurilika » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 am

Turbotowns wrote:HOW is a MOD... more than TWICE the size of the game it's for?! XD

Probably because you're accidentally downloading the uncompressed source, you'd only need the game subdirectory, and not the source subdirectory, which is huge because of temporary files. That and the downloading folders on mega tends to be slower than downloading zipped files.

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:*Checks*
Whoa whoa, holy crap! When I updated that outfit and put it on the Discord I never expected it to actually be used!
Thanks again for being awesome, Aurilika!

You're welcome, you'd already done the bulk of the work.

Releasing 26A with some various bug fixes. There are a few minor sprite fixes that will be coming later.

26A:
Fixed bug where adding a trait to all races would cause it to stack on other races.
Fixed a bug where pure tactical games from previous versions might have messed up spells.
Fixed an exception related to the updated equines.
Fixed the young wyverns selicia sprite using bad offsets
Abakhanskya now has a proper weapon, instead of being unarmed (also clears the ability to equip items on her).
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V26A

Postby CCTELONEWOLF » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:04 am

Who does zera belong to
CCTELONEWOLF
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nouvi » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:33 am

Hm. The source is having some issues downloading for me, just getting temporary errors from Mega, is anyone else experiencing this?
I know Mega's been having some issues the last few days, but after testing several other download links, it's only this one that's actually having issues.

Edit: nvm, it really was just one of Mega's finicky random issues - it worked now.
Last edited by Nouvi on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:47 am

CCTELONEWOLF wrote:Who does zera belong to

It's one of my characters.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby carlj » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:20 pm

Nice update! Here's a minor bug: The new outfit for the Equines (the one that looks like a latex suit) doesn't have a belly sprite when the stomach is too big, it'll stop expanding and you'll see the flashy belly sprite under it, it's very notable with the Selicia belly sprite.
carlj
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 am

I hope circle updates their mod soon, I love the fairies being civs too much. XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby HealthyBanana » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:18 am

IDK if anyone said this or not but I think the adding traits to Male, Female, and Herm in the Content settings is not working. I have tried to put different sizes for each one and the only one that seems to work is the leader option. I have tried multiple times by re-entering the trait, saving it, and recreating the worlds. I don't think its the trait because I have tried a different size for the leader and it worked. I am not sure if it is just me messing up or not.
HealthyBanana
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game