Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V14D

Postby Ger-Fox » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:51 am

well i like the idea of preds get a lil bonus by vore like :
- them eat one and get chance to eat again a other untill them fail xD or each nom would still cost some mp^^ high lvl preds looks sometimes odd when them are surround from lvl 1 enemy and he need or she need like 10 turns xD but he not can move then this pred~

maybe high lvl preds are then to strong but it would be kinky to try new ways. mass devour.....^^ i mean them have still a maximum in the end~ and are faster to kill because higher chance to get hit~ so its also a malus^^ but it can be also a option in the system to on and off switch x3
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Saraheatsstuff » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:24 am

Yeah i would kinda enjoy a mass vore feature for high leveld units too.

Like the AOE gets bigger with leveling up etc.
Saraheatsstuff
New to the forum

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:07 am

Aha, and the balanced strategy game versus fun power trip fetish experience clash again XD

I like the high leveled units getting more powerful and eating armies, hence why I often turn it down to 20exp/level flat. You could experiment with a level cap system and customize how many stats are gained per level for an effect similar to the other posts. Make a level award 10 points into a stat but cap an unit at level 10 or so and they can only be well rounded or heavily invest into bruiser, shooting, vore, or damage sponging etc, while preserving the option to have uber units
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 am

somehow i would wish that you and ai can buy later stronger units. not just lvl 1 or depents on the town number
because i still feels odd when here are 8 big army. then 4 fights. each one loose beside of the leader ALL units. units lvl 20 all. leader 40-60.....then even when leader die he keep kinda the level but all other start at lvl 1....as example. wish beside of town number you can increase the levelyou recrute them . depents on the turn time.
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby CoinToast » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:00 pm

Another idea could be that stats only level up if they are actually used, like speed for units that move a lot, or strenght for units who swing the mace/axe.
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:56 pm

somehow i would wish that you and ai can buy later stronger units. not just lvl 1 or depents on the town number

Hmm, can AI actually use the mercenary camp?

Speaking of stats/levels, I think better alternative to all the different methods (which do not work for everyone) is to just make a setting that sets up level cap for all units.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Salanth » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:45 pm

When playing through in version 14D I realized something; whenever one of my units get eaten by an enemy, most of the time I got no idea of which one of my units just got eaten, especially when I'm defending a town with garrison. It's like, "okay, so who is Sumie...?" instead of "oh shit! That's one of my best!" (Well, okay, most of the time the ai favors weak units to devour, but you get the point, right?)

So, although I'm not sure how, I think it would help to somehow be able to see whose inside a given pred. If possibly, full stats and a picture of them would be ideal, but just knowing the level of the unit inside (as well as their health if that wouldn't be too much information) is the absolutely most important thing to know.

And as a side note, still concluding that most of the time, if you are winning, an enemy faction only really has one good fight to give you, and it's all downhill for them from there on out. You're simply not playing on equal terms, the enemies can't, for the life of them, regain their most valuable asset, experienced troops, once you have gone and made them all into mush. A player can do that through clever play, but the ai can't, and therefore there is little they can do to come back.

((Also, as a side note, it's a shame that more or less all the time the scat sprite is hidden by the units in front, seeing that by the time it appears, the fight is over, and autoending turns make it so that they are hidden by the units. I suppose if I really wanted to there are ways to stop it from ending the battle before you have a chance to look? Can't be bothered to do it at this late hour.))
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:46 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:Is there any way to edit some of the text files regarding the flavor text for eating other units? i see a lot of xml files and others i can't access, but i'm just wondering if there's any way to open a certain file in like notepad and edit some of the flavor text for certain races or enemies.

There is not yet but it will probably be in relatively soon. I've got most of it worked out in my head, but the main unsolved part is the best way to present it. If it's in a bunch of files its kind of messy, so I'd probably aim for a single file, but then when new things are added in patches you would need to manually add them in if you were using it. There's not really a perfect solution that I see.
GramzonTheDragon wrote:I noticed when peeking at the source that the nippleless breasts and smooth bellies are in the files, all that's missing are female vaginaless body sprites and we could have a set of clean sprites for those who aren't into naughty bits, which would help hold over until clothe return.\
Also the help screens have no explanation of the fleeing system, it just says there is no retreat or surrender XD

Well, all of the clothes that I have will probably be in the patch tonight. Not sure about the featureless components, though they will eventually be a race by race toggle.
HS wrote:As a partial solution both to the escape probability and high level units eating tons of enemies one after another, would it be possible to have the eating take more than one turn? While still being eaten a unit wouldn't take digestion damage and would have an increased chance of escape, while the eater could move/fight normally (or with some distraction penalty) aside from not being able to try eating another unit until the previous one is fully swallowed. How long that would take could either be a fixed amount of turns or dependent on succeeding on some checks. After actually getting swallowed the swallowed unit would then have a big penalty on escaping like they do now.
Sprite wise there could be a sprite with the eater having bulging cheeks and/or throat, which ever looks best for the unit.
Edit: Also about the speed thing, having the speed be more about evasion and defence about damage reduction sounds great. Also also, the new movement point system could use a system similar to the current level cost, where first MP costs x speed, second x + y speed, third x + y*2 speed etc. I think having x be 1 and y be 1.5 (rounded up) could work okay, ensuring some movement even to units with the least speed but rising the cost for high MP rapidly. 1MP = 1Spd, 2MP = 4Spd, 3MP = 8Spd, 4MP = 14Spd, 5MP = 21Spd, 6MP = 30Spd, 7MP = 40Spd, 8MP = 52Spd, 9MP = 65Spd and so on.
The penalty for eaten units could be one MP per unit with a minimum of one MP left, so overeating would stop a unit on its tracks. Assuming it isn't that already, that is. I've never figured out the exact formula.

That solution might work decently well, aside from the required additional sprites. The solution I'm leaning towards is a grapple solution, where you can have a unit attempt to grapple another unit, which prevents both units from moving, and provides a bonus to hit chance and vore chance, and then vore chance would be penalized against free units. So the end result is that you can still just run up to someone and attempt to vore them, but the odds aren't that good unless you're a fair amount stronger than them, or you can spend a turn entering into a grapple, which greatly increases the odds of voring.
Also, the reduction of 1 mp per unit is the exact formula used now. Partially absorbed units count as less than 1 unit though. It's basically the same variable that stomach size is tied to.
A mass vore attack feels like it would be better suited to a specific class, rather than making it an ability that all units have. I'll definitely keep it in mind though.
GramzonTheDragon wrote:Aha, and the balanced strategy game versus fun power trip fetish experience clash again XD
I like the high leveled units getting more powerful and eating armies, hence why I often turn it down to 20exp/level flat. You could experiment with a level cap system and customize how many stats are gained per level for an effect similar to the other posts. Make a level award 10 points into a stat but cap an unit at level 10 or so and they can only be well rounded or heavily invest into bruiser, shooting, vore, or damage sponging etc, while preserving the option to have uber units

Yeah, a level cap would probably be a good option to add. I'd probably make it a soft cap, so you could still make a little bit of progress past it, but it slows down rapidly.
Ger-Fox wrote:somehow i would wish that you and ai can buy later stronger units. not just lvl 1 or depents on the town number
because i still feels odd when here are 8 big army. then 4 fights. each one loose beside of the leader ALL units. units lvl 20 all. leader 40-60.....then even when leader die he keep kinda the level but all other start at lvl 1....as example. wish beside of town number you can increase the levelyou recrute them . depents on the turn time.

While that would ease balance, if all of the units are scaling it kind of defeats the point of having level ups in the first place.
CoinToast wrote:Another idea could be that stats only level up if they are actually used, like speed for units that move a lot, or strenght for units who swing the mace/axe.

While I do really like stats that improve by use, in a game with this many characters it would probably end up more of a hassle than a benefit, where you're trying to micromanage who gets hits on what units. That said, people have suggested before that perhaps vore/stomach should be partially governed by this, and that might work fairly well.
GreenSlime wrote:Hmm, can AI actually use the mercenary camp?

They can not, currently. That requires enough effort that it would be in the AI centered update, but that was voted fairly low in that last poll.
That1guy wrote:When playing through in version 14D I realized something; whenever one of my units get eaten by an enemy, most of the time I got no idea of which one of my units just got eaten, especially when I'm defending a town with garrison. It's like, "okay, so who is Sumie...?" instead of "oh shit! That's one of my best!" (Well, okay, most of the time the ai favors weak units to devour, but you get the point, right?)

So, although I'm not sure how, I think it would help to somehow be able to see whose inside a given pred. If possibly, full stats and a picture of them would be ideal, but just knowing the level of the unit inside (as well as their health if that wouldn't be too much information) is the absolutely most important thing to know.

And as a side note, still concluding that most of the time, if you are winning, an enemy faction only really has one good fight to give you, and it's all downhill for them from there on out. You're simply not playing on equal terms, the enemies can't, for the life of them, regain their most valuable asset, experienced troops, once you have gone and made them all into mush. A player can do that through clever play, but the ai can't, and therefore there is little they can do to come back.

((Also, as a side note, it's a shame that more or less all the time the scat sprite is hidden by the units in front, seeing that by the time it appears, the fight is over, and autoending turns make it so that they are hidden by the units. I suppose if I really wanted to there are ways to stop it from ending the battle before you have a chance to look? Can't be bothered to do it at this late hour.))

Okay, I'll definitely add a way to check that when I redesign the unit info panel as part of the trait update. There is an option that pauses at the very end of the battle in the options menu, but that still doesn't help units standing in the same place they were. I could theoretically have the units enter formation for that, but I think that would be kind of a low priority.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ninjajoeman » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:42 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Aha, and the balanced strategy game versus fun power trip fetish experience clash again XD

to be fair, for a single player game you should probably eb on the side of "power trip".
in fact the problem I always face is the lack of challenge for my army to face near the end game.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:13 am

Well, I've got the clothes pretty much functioning as they should, but there's some graphical glitches that need ironing out. I'm going to go ahead and push this patch off until tomorrow night, so that I can make sure everything looks good, and that there's no obvious clothing related exceptions waiting to be discovered. I feel like I'm pretty close, but don't want to push myself too far and risk burnout.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Anesthetic » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:39 am

So the Village trainer thing says that you get more EXP the more trainers you have.

Is that a typo, or a Glitch, because that's not how that works. You can never increase the ammount of EXP training is worth Beyond the highest level of Basic training. So 20 exp is the max.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:27 am

Anesthetic wrote:So the Village trainer thing says that you get more EXP the more trainers you have.

Is that a typo, or a Glitch, because that's not how that works. You can never increase the ammount of EXP training is worth Beyond the highest level of Basic training. So 20 exp is the max.

It mean the initial exp you get when you first recruit a unit, noticed how at the beginning units have 4 exp automatically(except for the leader since they spawn out of that)? That's because you start with a trainer(in your capital), each other trainer adds another 4, so having a total of 5 will have new units start with 20 exp and so on(allied villages with trainers also add to the exp).
Turbotowns
???

Postby MikhailOberchav » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:40 am

when you buy garrison weapons and your dismissed troops fight a battle with them. are they supposed to disappear after 1 fight? i spent a few turns buying upgraded weapons and my garrison got attacked, t hey all had upgraded weapons and won but when i went back to hire specific to look at the garrison, none of them had upgraded weapons and i had to buy more of them and for some reason my garrison went from 12 (the max i set) to like 18 (not the capital). So in 1 fight i lost all my upgraded weapons and somehow gained like 6 troops.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Orosaki » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:23 pm

What if the level of unit you can buy is tied to an already existing unit like the leader? But buying a higher level unit costs proportionally more compared to a lvl 1 and scales linearly.

This would mitigate huge level differences somewhat without making levels irrelevant either.

Mercenary villages could have three hiring options, rookie which scales at around 75% of the leader level, veterans who scale who scale 100% to leaders, and elite who scale 125% to leaders as far as levels, but all mercenary units have special abilities that can't be gotten anywhere else. This is more to make them stay relevant too.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V14E

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:51 am

14E Released, Adds clothes and some other fixes. It was more work than I expected getting some of the systems in (like support for mix and match sets of clothes) but it's done now. I'll respond to the recent posts, and put up a patch later today if need be, but now I sleep.

14E:
Added basic clothes for the new sprites. The way it will eventually work is units will have several paper-doll style clothing slots, but right now it's just 2 slots, one that controls full clothing or tops, and the other that controls bottoms. This allows you to mix and match to some extent.
Changed the vore calculation so that excess free stomach space matters less.
Fixed the village and walled villaged settings not working correctly in the create tactical mode.
Fixed slime queen's belly color
Added bridge intersection tile
Goblins now have a mouth sprite.
Fixed issue where the extended default names were only used from the second time you started the game onwards.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mudkip01 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:19 am

glad to see clothes are in again thanks for all the effort

as for bug reporting,

the mouths are out of place on lamia, goblins, and slimes

the one piece swimsuit/leotard appears to flicker between different breast sizes when a unit wearing it has eaten an enemy
mudkip01
Been posting for a bit

Postby nnnddt » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 am

Excuse me guys, i saw some of you talking about tiger girls, something like this exist in this game ?
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:42 am

nnnddt wrote:Excuse me guys, i saw some of you talking about tiger girls, something like this exist in this game ?

Only as mercenaries(for now).
Turbotowns
???

Postby TTTV » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:00 am

will there be sprites for large cock bulges in the clothes in a future update? seems a bit odd that a character's large cock will shrink when they put on clothes.

Also loving the work on this game so far, keep up the good work!
TTTV
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:55 am

MikhailOberchav wrote:when you buy garrison weapons and your dismissed troops fight a battle with them. are they supposed to disappear after 1 fight? i spent a few turns buying upgraded weapons and my garrison got attacked, t hey all had upgraded weapons and won but when i went back to hire specific to look at the garrison, none of them had upgraded weapons and i had to buy more of them and for some reason my garrison went from 12 (the max i set) to like 18 (not the capital). So in 1 fight i lost all my upgraded weapons and somehow gained like 6 troops.

I see what the issue is, the units in the hire specific panel are always showing as using a mace, regardless of what their weapon is, it still says the correct weapon in their info card on that screen. I'll fix that for the next patch.
mudkip01 wrote:glad to see clothes are in again thanks for all the effort
as for bug reporting,
the mouths are out of place on lamia, goblins, and slimes
the one piece swimsuit/leotard appears to flicker between different breast sizes when a unit wearing it has eaten an enemy

I'll fix the misalignment and look into the flickering.

TTTV wrote:will there be sprites for large cock bulges in the clothes in a future update? seems a bit odd that a character's large cock will shrink when they put on clothes.
Also loving the work on this game so far, keep up the good work!

Yes, they will probably have larger bulges for larger sizes at some point. Thank you.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game