Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V29B

Postby Aurilika » Sun May 17, 2020 11:45 pm

godshunter93 wrote:How can i flirt in the game?

It basically is a random thing that affects some combat messages.

That1guy wrote:How do cathedrals and happiness work? I built cathedrals in captured cities and it doesn't really seem to do anything, happiness still caps out at about 80 for captured villages.

Well, I looked into it, and uh, they currently don't function. :oops: It adds 15 to the happiness bonus... but then that's not actually used anywhere. I've got that fixed for the next patch, now.

ObsidianSnake wrote:...How do they work in-narrative? "The wolves ate my brother and three of my closest friends, took over the town, changed my unit customization settings to put me in a dress, make me dance in the pub while chanting 'go rabbit boy go', but their empire did allocate funds to construct a church so, you know, win some, lose some."

That's a question I don't have an answer to. Something about maybe making the other race fit in and feel less like an outsider?

That1guy wrote:Also, although you are forbidden from moving on top of impassable terrain (like a lake) with a flier (I did it with anthro bats) by using the mouse, there is nothing stopping you from moving onto said terrain using Numpad, and then shooting with said unit (I guess the same is true for every action which ends your turn and can be used over inpassible terrain) or even just toggling over to the next unit using n. I used this to cheese a particularly powerful stack of harvesters.

Well, it's supposed to make them backtrack if they try to attack from impassible terrain, but it is certainly possible that I missed some more cases for it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Salanth » Mon May 18, 2020 8:44 am

Aurilika wrote:
That1guy wrote:How do cathedrals and happiness work? I built cathedrals in captured cities and it doesn't really seem to do anything, happiness still caps out at about 80 for captured villages.

Well, I looked into it, and uh, they currently don't function. :oops: It adds 15 to the happiness bonus... but then that's not actually used anywhere. I've got that fixed for the next patch, now.

I figured as much. Though, I'm curious, what exactly does happiness do?

Aurilika wrote:
That1guy wrote:Also, although you are forbidden from moving on top of impassable terrain (like a lake) with a flier (I did it with anthro bats) by using the mouse, there is nothing stopping you from moving onto said terrain using Numpad, and then shooting with said unit (I guess the same is true for every action which ends your turn and can be used over inpassible terrain) or even just toggling over to the next unit using n. I used this to cheese a particularly powerful stack of harvesters.

Well, it's supposed to make them backtrack if they try to attack from impassible terrain, but it is certainly possible that I missed some more cases for it.

On a quick test, it seems like I can more or less do anything as long as I use numpad to fly over impassible terrain (I only tried out bodies of water and a tree, but I assume it would be the same for the rest), I'm only really stopped from flying over them any further at 1 movement point. Other than that, vore, casting spells, ranged attacks, melee attacks, switching units, and simply ending your turn allows a unit to stay in an impassible square.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby orbit2345 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:34 pm

Would it be possible to get an option to rename characters through the Unit Editor? Also within the Unit Editor window, could we also get the option to input numerical values instead of clicking (-) and (+) repeatedly?
orbit2345
Somewhat familiar

Postby KHLover » Tue May 19, 2020 11:38 pm

orbit2345 wrote:Would it be possible to get an option to rename characters through the Unit Editor? Also within the Unit Editor window, could we also get the option to input numerical values instead of clicking (-) and (+) repeatedly?
Yes! This would be perfect!
KHLover
Somewhat familiar

Postby DisguisedQQ » Wed May 20, 2020 9:02 am

And yet again, annoying me... :3

First thing i'd like to suggest is Slime Queen customisation, why she have to
be herm? Why no actual choice? I personally not interested in seeing those kind
of tools and that makes Slime Queen too irritating to play for me... ;_;

Second thing is unit statistic screen in combat, you reduced descriptions of
units inside target to just names and it's kinda annoying to have to click each
one to check their health, why not to make an option in menu to be able see their
health/esc chance like before?

Third thing is flyers and impassable terrain, the fact that flyers can't sit on
trees or roofs doesn't make sense to me... I can see why not on water, but all
other terrain types is kinda questionable. I'd suggest to let flyers to stay on
reasonable impassable terrain types or split flyers to few groups, like strong
ones who can fly indefinetly and stay on any terrain, and weak ones who can stay
only on solid terrain(no water), or even floaters who can pass and stay only on water...

PS. I do realise that it's too much to bother but still, it's just ideas. :P

And it's good to see that you still take care of VW.
DisguisedQQ
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Wed May 20, 2020 11:08 am

That1guy wrote:I figured as much. Though, I'm curious, what exactly does happiness do?

On a quick test, it seems like I can more or less do anything as long as I use numpad to fly over impassible terrain (I only tried out bodies of water and a tree, but I assume it would be the same for the rest), I'm only really stopped from flying over them any further at 1 movement point. Other than that, vore, casting spells, ranged attacks, melee attacks, switching units, and simply ending your turn allows a unit to stay in an impassible square.

Happiness affects population growth rate, and also the amount of income you get from the village. Also, at really low happiness (less than 20%) there's chances of revolts.

Will do a little bit of testing on that.

orbit2345 wrote:Would it be possible to get an option to rename characters through the Unit Editor? Also within the Unit Editor window, could we also get the option to input numerical values instead of clicking (-) and (+) repeatedly?

Yeah, I'll set that up.

DisguisedQQ wrote:And yet again, annoying me... :3

First thing i'd like to suggest is Slime Queen customisation, why she have to

Second thing is unit statistic screen in combat, you reduced descriptions of
units inside target to just names and it's kinda annoying to have to click each
one to check their health, why not to make an option in menu to be able see their
health/esc chance like before?

Third thing is flyers and impassable terrain, the fact that flyers can't sit on
trees or roofs doesn't make sense to me... I can see why not on water, but all
other terrain types is kinda questionable. I'd suggest to let flyers to stay on
reasonable impassable terrain types or split flyers to few groups, like strong
ones who can fly indefinetly and stay on any terrain, and weak ones who can stay
only on solid terrain(no water), or even floaters who can pass and stay only on water...

PS. I do realise that it's too much to bother but still, it's just ideas. :P

And it's good to see that you still take care of VW.

Well, she can be a normal female. It's supposed to happen automatically if you have the herm chance below 20%, or can be done manually in the unit editor. (Though I think the automatic bit doesn't work right in pure tactical so I'll check into that.)

In the options menu, there's a "Extra Tactical Info" option that controls the appearance of the prey's health, you may have disabled it by accident.

The reason for it is mostly for gameplay reasons. A unit on the roof feels odd to be able to hit with melee attacks considering the height difference. If they can't be attacked, that would mean that making all ranged units and putting them on roofs would virtually guarantee victory in village battles.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby peteian » Thu May 21, 2020 7:06 pm

Suggestion for a few cheat traits: Very Long Range Vore. This unit can oral vore, unbirth, cockvore, anal vore and tail vore up to 10 tiles away (Or more coz it's a cheat trait)
Midas Stomach. Units you vore turn into Gold after digestion.
Hocus Pocus. Allows you to cast a random spell for 5 mana, maybe more if non-cheat or if non-cheat, you can only cast Hocus Pocus and Innate Spells. (Inspired by a skill of the same name from Ragnarok Online)
Unlimited Mana. Spells cost no mana to cast.

Maybe a few spells too
Quagmire. Slows enemies in a 3x3 area, reducing their movement speed to 1.
Dominating Blow. 33% chance to convert enemies to your side after killing them with weapons.
Ye Olde Heal. Big healing burst (As a counterpart to Mending's heal over time)
peteian
---

Postby Turbotowns » Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

DisguisedQQ wrote: First thing i'd like to suggest is Slime Queen customisation, why she have to

Sorry, guess I never really thought about others when designing hir, though I thought she DID have a female version? I thought Green Slime made the cock separate?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Younger99 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:39 pm

peteian wrote:Suggestion for a few cheat traits: Very Long Range Vore. This unit can oral vore, unbirth, cockvore, anal vore and tail vore up to 10 tiles away (Or more coz it's a cheat trait)
Midas Stomach. Units you vore turn into Gold after digestion.
Hocus Pocus. Allows you to cast a random spell for 5 mana, maybe more if non-cheat or if non-cheat, you can only cast Hocus Pocus and Innate Spells. (Inspired by a skill of the same name from Ragnarok Online)
Unlimited Mana. Spells cost no mana to cast.

Maybe a few spells too
Quagmire. Slows enemies in a 3x3 area, reducing their movement speed to 1.
Dominating Blow. 33% chance to convert enemies to your side after killing them with weapons.
Ye Olde Heal. Big healing burst (As a counterpart to Mending's heal over time)

Sounds promising to be sincere.
Younger99
Participator

Postby TheFetishBeast » Fri May 22, 2020 12:11 am

I come here with another request for a cheat command. A way to change which empire an army belongs to. Here's how I imagine it.

First, you would need to activate the cheat. You would do this by simply checking a box in the cheat menu (Much the same as the ''Unit edit'' feature or the ''Add unit'' button). Doing so will make a button or dropdown appear in the army screen. This button or dropdown will allow you to choose which empire the current army belongs to converting all units and items within that army to its new empire.

Can this be done? Is this possible? Additionally, perhaps this could also be used to change which empire a town belongs to as well.
TheFetishBeast
Participator

Postby Kreate48 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:36 am

Some other features for the cheat menu that could be really useful would be:
a button that sets all empires opinion of each other to war level low.
and the option for the player to fully take control of an empire or relinquish control of an empire.

thanks for all the great work
Kreate48
New to the forum

Postby TheGreatAndA » Sat May 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Just discovered this game and played a bunch of it- surprisingly fun with lots of stuff to do, whether you want to play an actual game or mess around with the editors.

The only thing I'd request, is- more stuff like the Young Wyvern. I didn't think much of it's design at first glance, but discovering how obscenely large it's belly gets, ending in a fun sprite of it just laying comfortably on top of it was great. Cute, smaller preds being unstoppable and devouring everything is a concept I love, but just in general it's nice to see the characters so stuffed, like they really did just eat a whole army single handed. After that, it was a a liiiittle disappointing to see other races not wind up nearly as affected.

Obviously, art assets like that would be pretty tough to do, but I figured I'd just mention it anyway, let it be known how much that stuff's appreciated.
TheGreatAndA
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat May 30, 2020 8:34 pm

TheGreatAndA wrote:Just discovered this game and played a bunch of it- surprisingly fun with lots of stuff to do, whether you want to play an actual game or mess around with the editors.

The only thing I'd request, is- more stuff like the Young Wyvern. I didn't think much of it's design at first glance, but discovering how obscenely large it's belly gets, ending in a fun sprite of it just laying comfortably on top of it was great. Cute, smaller preds being unstoppable and devouring everything is a concept I love, but just in general it's nice to see the characters so stuffed, like they really did just eat a whole army single handed. After that, it was a a liiiittle disappointing to see other races not wind up nearly as affected.

Obviously, art assets like that would be pretty tough to do, but I figured I'd just mention it anyway, let it be known how much that stuff's appreciated.

That's why I love loli preds so much! They're so small, but the meals they eat are SO BIG! Same size, more or less becomes micro/macro for them!
Turbotowns
???

Postby SimplyDoct » Sun May 31, 2020 2:03 am

Just wondering if you would ever add a centaur race or as a special mercenary since the equines exists.
SimplyDoct
New to the forum

Postby nekusar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:46 pm

Just discovered this game a few days ago and, like many others, kept playing for far too long. And like everyone else, I have a list of suggestions.

Add titles for leaders that can be edited (for example Queen Blank or Lord Blank)

Allow the capture of surrendered units for later eating or gifting to allies

Keep track of the # of captives in a given city and opt to eat them instead of your precious citizens

Allow a split race option for cities making the total population either your race, or another introduced race. Recruitment can be randomized between the races. This works really well for events that bring in other races to your cities (instead of them just turning into whatever was already there). If race splits are implemented, consider adding events when a civ is defeated for a refugee wave to be allowed to resettle into your land. As well as the enslaving of a captured city with a small number of your races nobility serving as the guard.

Allow populations to go over cap and then adjust down with a negative growth rate since some of the civilians get eaten in place of the food the farms can’t produce.

These might require a lot of sprite work to fully realize:

Add a restraint action that ties up a target making them easier to hit and vore, and unable to perform actions. This could be tied to appropriate races (Alrunes, Driders, Slimes etc.) as well as an item like rope. This would be really great with proper Sprites (Imagine Driders cocooning enemies to devour at their leisure).

Enable sex actions, possibly tied to mana regen. For example regaining mana by drinking the prey milk of your ally. This could also count as a more intimate belly rub. At its most basic level I think this could be done just though text though it would be neat if some sprites were made (though that would be a colossal amount of work).

With restraint and sex we could get tentacle sex and oviposition, or miking your soon to be prey before swallowing them (this is probably a pipe dream)

More clothes for older races (I know its probably already in the works from someone).

Love the game!
nekusar
New to the forum

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:15 pm

nekusar wrote:Allow the capture of surrendered units for later eating or gifting to allies

I was going to suggest something like this. Additional possibilities: selling the captured units, conscripting them, harmlessly releasing them into a town for the garrison or if you're playing nice or as a prey race. This could create an enormous impact on gameplay when auto-surrender is on. I could see it being a major departure from the current experience. Whether that change is good or bad depends on the tastes of the player.

Edit: Welcome to the forum! :)
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Younger99 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:34 pm

nekusar wrote:Just discovered this game a few days ago and, like many others, kept playing for far too long. And like everyone else, I have a list of suggestions.

Add titles for leaders that can be edited (for example Queen Blank or Lord Blank)

Allow the capture of surrendered units for later eating or gifting to allies

Keep track of the # of captives in a given city and opt to eat them instead of your precious citizens

Allow a split race option for cities making the total population either your race, or another introduced race. Recruitment can be randomized between the races. This works really well for events that bring in other races to your cities (instead of them just turning into whatever was already there). If race splits are implemented, consider adding events when a civ is defeated for a refugee wave to be allowed to resettle into your land. As well as the enslaving of a captured city with a small number of your races nobility serving as the guard.

Allow populations to go over cap and then adjust down with a negative growth rate since some of the civilians get eaten in place of the food the farms can’t produce.

These might require a lot of sprite work to fully realize:

Add a restraint action that ties up a target making them easier to hit and vore, and unable to perform actions. This could be tied to appropriate races (Alrunes, Driders, Slimes etc.) as well as an item like rope. This would be really great with proper Sprites (Imagine Driders cocooning enemies to devour at their leisure).

Enable sex actions, possibly tied to mana regen. For example regaining mana by drinking the prey milk of your ally. This could also count as a more intimate belly rub. At its most basic level I think this could be done just though text though it would be neat if some sprites were made (though that would be a colossal amount of work).

With restraint and sex we could get tentacle sex and oviposition, or miking your soon to be prey before swallowing them (this is probably a pipe dream)

More clothes for older races (I know its probably already in the works from someone).

Love the game!

Good thinking there to be sincere XD
Younger99
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 pm

Sorry if this sounds rude, but am I the only one surprised by the "to be SINCERE". Having growing up solely hearing "to be honest". I mean, it means the same thing, it just sounds... off.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Younger99 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:16 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Sorry if this sounds rude, but am I the only one surprised by the "to be SINCERE". Having growing up solely hearing "to be honest". I mean, it means the same thing, it just sounds... off.

It's forgiven mate but please, don't mistake my intentions.
I meant no malice in saying it.
To be honest it's a byproduct of my autism. Weird I know but it's the truth even my family has pointed out my responses being robotic in nature. XD
Younger99
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:04 am

Younger99 wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Sorry if this sounds rude, but am I the only one surprised by the "to be SINCERE". Having growing up solely hearing "to be honest". I mean, it means the same thing, it just sounds... off.

It's forgiven mate but please, don't mistake my intentions.
I meant no malice in saying it.
To be honest it's a byproduct of my autism. Weird I know but it's the truth even my family has pointed out my responses being robotic in nature. XD

Salright, mate. I'm autistic too(aspergers specifically). I just had to get my feelings off my chest, since no one else was acknowledging it, I felt like "I" was the weird one. XD
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game