Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V08E

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:So much for
Aurilika wrote:hopefully get a release out tomorrow night
eh?

I did say hopefully, so sliding one night should be acceptable ^^; .

I'll definitely get something out tonight, just trying to polish up the AI a little more and make sure there are no serious issues.

I wasn't being serious, just joking around, but glad you responded! Keeping us in the know prevents some of the less patient of us from flipping out.
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V08E

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:15 pm

Turbotowns wrote:I wasn't being serious, just joking around, but glad you responded! Keeping us in the know prevents some of the less patient of us from flipping out.

They means serious, big bugs happening while he is implementing some features. :lol:
Game Developer (With Godot Engine) and Sprite artist/animator ❤
❤ Maria best chunky girl~ ❤
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V09

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 am

09 Released

09:
Save games should be compatible, but stats and some other features might not work correctly.
Added 2 new races, lizards and slimes
players can now be placed on teams, units can move through allied villages, but not interact with them at this point, and only 1 army can occupy a square, still. Allied armies that are in allied villages will defend them, and if either of the allies is a player, the player can control both the garrison and the army for that battle (or turn it over to the AI with the command). If your team reclaims a village that is one of the races for your team, it will be turned over to its race.
Can now build a subjugation pen in occupied villages, that allows you to recruit their units to your army. This building is destroyed when the village changes hands.
Units of other races have a chance to defect depending if they encounter an army/village of their own race. The chance is based on the will stat, and is linear between 20% per battle at 0 will, and 0% per battle at 40 will
The capital now has a 50% max population boost. It also has capital defense building whenever it is owned by its original owner, that raises its maximum garrison by 8, and allows 8 garrison maintenance free.
Villages of other races now only contribute 80% of normal income.
Added Auto-level up and mass buy accessory options
Added armory, that when built in a village, causes the garrison to use advanced weapons. This may be redesigned in the future.
Training building cost increased, and added functionality where all garrisons and units start with 4 xp for each trainer built in your empire / team.
AI improvements, they build more types of buildings and more often (fixed issue that caused them to not build buildings when they should.), can actually train in certain circumstances, will try to seek out strong armies with their own strong armies if favorable odds.
Exp gain for devouring villages lowered from 4 xp per population down to 1 per population.
Compound bow damage reduced from 8 to 6, and range from 8 to 7.

Let me know if there's any obvious bugs and I'll tackle them as fast as I can.

Edit: I feel like I should point out that some of these features are tests, like the armory, or the capital improvement, and can be removed if they are thought to be not worthwhile.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:28 am

Now Released! The Slime and Scales Update!
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:32 am

Playing the recent version (Version 09), and MY GOD i can't believe it's much more easier to defend without having to go through a long way of defending my troops. ... Without getting demolished by Full powered AI's.
Plus, HOLY SHIT that's a lot of MONEY i am making. The Full powered AI's have a gigantic advantage after capturing other race's towns, which means more unit spamming and more horde of armies zerg rushing my towns. Wow.
Other then that, the money one isn't troublesome anymore. :lol:
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:40 am

Erm... the village spawning is kinda... a huge mess. XD everyone's villages are all over the place! (At least if you try to have ALL the races active at once. XD )
Last edited by Turbotowns on Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:50 am

Not only the super chaotic villages :lol:
i think when i tried to defend a village that i conquer with my Troops in the village, instead of my garrisons... One of the troops from the same species at the attacker have been Defected and betrayed me. 8O
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:09 am

Oh, this bug is still irritates me, even the first release of Vore War Remastered, and no one pays attention to this aside from me. :lol:
Anyways, this is a bug when an AI controlled race leaps over a forest.
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:26 am

Just gotta say, LOVE the dark green slime color PERFECTION!
Player.png
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:05 am

You are really going to town with this. Good on you.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:04 am

Oh yeah, there IS the whole issue of a village spawning on a water/forest/mountain tile and starting DED, imbalancing any massive games.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:49 am

AI don't know if it's possible, but the Foxes seem Extreemly OP. The wolves won, but that was because they had conqurered everywhere else and had units to BURN. Because the fox units were TANKING 6 fights each before losing without re-enforcements.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:45 am

Now, on the subject of mixed units, wouldn't it make sense to be able to recruit units of your allies races? I think it'd be pretty fuck'n cool to go in with a hybrid army of Slimes, Cats, and Bunnies VS. an army of Dogs, Foxes, of Wolves.(And since you'll never confront them, no chance of desertion.)
And, of course: allies retreating to an ally's village if it's closer and replenish their army there.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:10 am

Turbotowns wrote:Erm... the village spawning is kinda... a huge mess. XD everyone's villages are all over the place! (At least if you try to have ALL the races active at once. XD )

Yeah, having 7 races has sort of brought that to the front again. If you play on larger maps or have more villages it helps, but I will eventually want to probably redesign the village spawner. I'll also try to get your map editor in the next version as a backup option.

Turbotowns wrote:Oh yeah, there IS the whole issue of a village spawning on a water/forest/mountain tile and starting DED, imbalancing any massive games.

The only time that should really happen is if the map isn't big enough to properly fit the villages, I guess my blocking of too small maps isn't on a high enough threshold yet. I should probably also just go ahead and make them overwrite more terrain as well.

SilhouettiShine wrote:Oh, this bug is still irritates me, even the first release of Vore War Remastered, and no one pays attention to this aside from me. :lol:
Anyways, this is a bug when an AI controlled race leaps over a forest.

I thought I'd corrected all the AI movement issues. I'll definitely get this fixed for the next version.

Turbotowns wrote:Just gotta say, LOVE the dark green slime color PERFECTION!

Thank you, did you notice that most of the slimes have the same hair color as their bodies but a small few have a different hair color, as you said.

Turbotowns wrote:Now, on the subject of mixed units, wouldn't it make sense to be able to recruit units of your allies races? I think it'd be pretty fuck'n cool to go in with a hybrid army of Slimes, Cats, and Bunnies VS. an army of Dogs, Foxes, of Wolves.(And since you'll never confront them, no chance of desertion.)
And, of course: allies retreating to an ally's village if it's closer and replenish their army there.

Yeah, I'll probably add that in the next version.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SubZero156 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:34 am

hello i was wondering if could post controls or something
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 pm

SubZero156 wrote:hello i was wondering if could post controls or something

The in-game controls? They appear in the input tab in the launcher, and the default controls show up in the help screen which is in the menu (esc key)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby JEDMario » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Dismissing units seems to decrease population now. Also, I couldn’t recruit units I dismissed at villages of another race
JEDMario
New to the forum

Postby SubZero156 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Aurilika wrote:

The in-game controls? They appear in the input tab in the launcher, and the default controls show up in the help screen which is in the menu (esc key)

thanks also how does the team vore work
SubZero156
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:06 pm

SubZero156 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:

thanks also how does the team vore work

You mean eating your own units?(Your welcome, if that what you meant(It was my idea)) You have to have the units you want to eat surrender, then your other units can eat them(Wouldn't really recommend doing this too heavily during a fight with the AI, just a little bit, for units about to die(better in YOUR stomach than the enemies').), I like to use a second human controlled player and send a single unit(or a full army for extra food) to attack the army that I'm going to cannibalize, eat my own units first, then the enemy, who I also have surrender as it guarantees a successful vore attack(and they don't try to escape).

JEDMario wrote:Dismissing units seems to decrease population now. Also, I couldn’t recruit units I dismissed at villages of another race

Oh so it's NOT just a bug with the slimes, good! Er, bad! Eh heh heh... Anyway yeah, I discoverd it too when I devored an recently captured village, and tried to convert it to my own race, I dismissed two slimes but the population didn't go up, it went DOWN(that's right, into the negatives), and the icon stayed destroyed. Interestingly I was able to devour the two negative villagers and bring it back to zero again. I didn't try to see if it would start generating population, as with bugs like these, I might have made it worse.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Just gotta say, LOVE the dark green slime color PERFECTION!

Thank you, did you notice that most of the slimes have the same hair color as their bodies but a small few have a different hair color, as you said.

Indeed! ^o^
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game