Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V18A

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:47 am

Fluffofcat wrote:why dose slime have royalty but others dont?

Because I wanted my babies to have an imposing leader, and I designed one accordingly(Then Green Slime enhanced the design in the sprite upgrade, but the main design was mostly unchanged, if you want to see my work, revert the sprites. It's the sprite(s) I've spent the most amount of time on and is the one(s) I'm most proud of).

...And because no one else has followed suit with the other races yet... at least for the new sprites. The old sprites gives some race leaders their own unique outfit(and the other's a shared generic leader armor).

Oh, and welcome to Eka's!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:10 am

Can I get a reminder on what happens to fled units? They're basically "dismissed" right? They show up at the nearest village some number of turns later?

Oh, and when units get experience in a village to match newly recruited units(which I REALLY like, since then Leaders can get training), if a unit gets enough exp to level up, it does so automatically, I don't get to choose.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:49 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Erm... In the early game with the extra buildings... are the CPUs SUPPOSED to limit themselves to only 2 armies?(Before with my settings they'd have 3 or 4 first turn(20 per farm, and near 20 villages)) They should be making 1.5 k gold like I am...

N-n-nani!? My solo army of my champion unit(lvl 20, 35 speed), they can move 7 TILES! When everyone else can only move 6! And my Queen by herself can move 8(Also lvl 20, but with 40 speed(5 is provided from her leadership))!

Aaaaand now I can't click the empire button even on my own turn... Even after turning the cheat on!

And Imp Guy Parts are appearing OVER their bellies. XD

And speaking of bellies, why are the crypter bellies blue?

It's possible that the max army of armies they're allowed to make is 2 in the content settings. It seems like it didn't default to higher number like I'd intended.
As for the speed, that's a piece of Annoynimouse's code I accidentally left in. I'll cut that back out because I think powerful armies have enough advantages without also moving faster.
Okay, apparently I missed some cases for the menu so I'll get that corrected.
I'll adjust the imps, they got access to the normal dicks in 18A so that they'd have erection states, but I didn't fully test it so I'll clean that up.
Crypter bellies are blue because that's what the living individual inside is.

Fluffofcat wrote:newb here.
there's alot of pages and its hard to know whats been said or whats obsolete. why not have an F.A.Q?

anyway love the gameplay its addicting. love how you support all types of preferences without making it intrusive.
why is their no AV?
and i haven't played many races why dose slime have royalty but others dont?

Ah, a FAQ is probably a good idea.
AV will be arriving probably within the next larger content patch or so.
Currently only some leaders have unique clothing (it might even just be slimes and cats), but more will be added over time.

Turbotowns wrote:Can I get a reminder on what happens to fled units? They're basically "dismissed" right? They show up at the nearest village some number of turns later?
Oh, and when units get experience in a village to match newly recruited units(which I REALLY like, since then Leaders can get training), if a unit gets enough exp to level up, it does so automatically, I don't get to choose.

Yeah, they are basically dismissed, and will show up in the closest village after the travel time required to get there.
Ah, that was added via Annoynimouse so I didn't take a close look at it, but I'll fix that.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Small update to my map, opened up the mountains at the top of the swamp.
https://mega.nz/#!E5VkRa5a!xY9PKGbD28-E ... XF2Y8Fhl-4
Turbotowns
???

Postby Fluffofcat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:31 pm

don't want to impose,could their be a multi-select function? like shift click to highlight multiple units? i tend to arrange my units into lines then advance the archers steadily. but i no jack all about coding so i don't know if its and easy task. but in higher army sizes, it can be very tedious and the al turn finish doesn't get the nuances of organized tactics.

also thanks for responding <3 keep up the awsome work.
Fluffofcat
Been posting for a bit

Postby Annoynimouse » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:10 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Can I get a reminder on what happens to fled units? They're basically "dismissed" right? They show up at the nearest village some number of turns later?

Yeah, they are basically dismissed, and will show up in the closest village after the travel time required to get there.
Ah, that was added via Annoynimouse so I didn't take a close look at it, but I'll fix that.

I didn't even think of that.
Check the internal void ProcessInVillageOnTurn() function in Army.cs
The line StrategicUtilities.SpendLevelUps(unit); should get removed.

@Aurilika:
Question on UnitBase.cs -> public void GiveScaledExp(float exp,
Code: Select all
if (attackerLevelAdvantage > 0)
            exp = Math.Max(exp * (1 - (float)Math.Pow(attackerLevelAdvantage, 1.3) / 24f), .3f);
        else if (attackerLevelAdvantage < 0)
        {
            exp = Math.Min(exp * (1 + (float)Math.Pow(-attackerLevelAdvantage, 1.3) / 12f), 6f);
        }

These lines currently limit the maximum experience to 6 XP, and the minimum to a .3 XP
Is this intended? I initially thought it was meant to limit the scaling between 30% and 600% of the input value 'exp'.
I.e.
Code: Select all
if (attackerLevelAdvantage > 0)
            float factor = (1 - (float)Math.Pow(attackerLevelAdvantage, 1.3) / 24f);
            factor = Math.Max(factor, .3f);
            exp = exp * factor;
        else if (attackerLevelAdvantage < 0)
        {
            float factor = (1 + (float)Math.Pow(-attackerLevelAdvantage, 1.3) / 12f);
            factor = Math.Max(factor, 6f);
            exp = exp * factor;
        }
Annoynimouse
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:09 pm

Fluffofcat wrote:don't want to impose,could their be a multi-select function? like shift click to highlight multiple units? i tend to arrange my units into lines then advance the archers steadily. but i no jack all about coding so i don't know if its and easy task. but in higher army sizes, it can be very tedious and the al turn finish doesn't get the nuances of organized tactics.

also thanks for responding <3 keep up the awsome work.

Thank you, I will.
So that way all of the units you have selected would move at the same time when you used the numpad? That's certainly possible, but I can't think of any other turn based games that let you do that. I think you'd spent about as much time selecting the units as you would save, and any obstacles on the field would mess up your line anyway. Unless I've misunderstood your request.

Annoynimouse wrote:@Aurilika:
Question on UnitBase.cs -> public void GiveScaledExp(float exp,
These lines currently limit the maximum experience to 6 XP, and the minimum to a .3 XP
Is this intended? I initially thought it was meant to limit the scaling between 30% and 600% of the input value 'exp'.

Ah, that was intended to be 30% and 600% and not capped at specific numbers, good catch, I'll get it fixed. People fighting higher leveled enemies should notice an experience gain increase in 18B.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V18B

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:12 pm

18B Released:

Okay, this should clear up most/all of the remaining issues I know about. If there's any more that pop up I'll fix them, but I'll go ahead and start working on some of the larger, slower things for the next major patch.

18B:
Cheating levels up or down now raises/lowers the actual exp instead of leaving it where it was.
I should mention that in 18, a change was made so that units automatically get raised to the minimum exp units trained from a village would get when they end a turn in a town.
Fixed a bug that severely limited the amount of exp gained from fighting higher leveled enemies (was accidentally capped at 6 xp, instead of 600% of the normal exp , also reduced the the scaling rate for tougher foes so that the cap of 600% is reached when fighting enemies 10 levels higher than you.
Fixed the empire status screen being inaccessible at times when it should be accessible.
Fixed layering issues with the imp privates
Fixed me accidentally leaving something from a mod that modified army speed based on unit speed in.
Fixed the bug that caused empires to reactivate when they shouldn't have when coming back from the map editor.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby CykaBlyat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Hey, quick question, any chance of you making it so all the tiles/and mines spawn naturally in worldgen instead of having to create a custom map that specifically uses them?
CykaBlyat
Somewhat familiar

Postby Unfortunate » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:55 pm

I love me some Vore War!
That's a rather strange sentence for me to say... but it's true!

First an issue: I can't load Crux Leader customizations I've saved: This is deeply saddening, as I've got a soft spot for one of my most precious killer abominations... He's the ominously named "Meth Umbreon".

Now, I have a content suggestion:
You have a mercenary house and a gold mine to fight over, how about a bazaar?
Think of it as so:

Your troops enter a sketchy looking collection of trade posts; run by a real shifty character. Within you can buy equipment:
6 items will appear on sale, occasionally being swapped out for something else. Here's a suggested list:

Every item you can usually buy, you can find as an offer: For example, a helmet. This item can be sold for less/more than usual, so it's best to consider if it's worth it.
Then there are rare goods you can only get there...

The Sword - Consider this to be a tad stronger than the mace but weaker than the axe for base damage. However these swords can forge great legends via a special feature they have: Swords will inflict double damage against certain targets...
    Anything classified as a vagrant/wandering monster.
    Special mercenaries. (I gave Selicia to the AI once, she really doesn't pull her punches...! If there are ever any more SMs planned; we could use an effective counter if one got in the AI's grasp.)
    Any opponent who's level greatly exceeds your own.
    The default sword is exactly what it says on the tin, but for other races it can be anything that looks keen, fancy and effective.

They are very much the tool of choice for an army who's warriors are lagging behind, but it underperforms when you hold the advantage.
    Quickfire bow - Has the range of a basic bow and does less damage, but fires twice in one turn (half of your move points for each shot). It's flaw is the fact it's outranged and outpowered by the compound; but you can spread out the damage between 2 targets this way, or attack once then retreat.
    I like the looted/scientist/security guard look of the Crux; and giving them a poorly maintained, jury rigged but fully fuctional submachine gun would really work for this weapon. Taurus could have a Repeater rifle. Maybe the generic one could be a multishot crossbow?
    Have accessories for the stats not yet covered: Voracity, Stomach and Will. Maybe the justification for being only found at the bazaar is that they're all black market goods?
    A unique item that; when equipped, deletes itself and gives the soldier a leadership stat: Effectively making them into a Captain, a lesser Leader who cannot be respawned. They gain an extra choice for each level up, but are worth extra exp when killed, and this item is fairly costly to buy.
These rare items are naturally hard to come by, so frequenting the bazaar is a good idea.
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm

CykaBlyat wrote:Hey, quick question, any chance of you making it so all the tiles/and mines spawn naturally in worldgen instead of having to create a custom map that specifically uses them?

It's pretty likely for goldmines, probably as the kind of thing you specify how many you want and it places them in a semi-fair distribution. I guess the more eccentric tile types could have essentially an on/off toggle. So I guess I would say that it's pretty likely, but it would probably be a while.

Unfortunate wrote:I love me some Vore War!

First an issue: I can't load Crux Leader customizations I've saved: This is deeply saddening, as I've got a soft spot for one of my most precious killer abominations... He's the ominously named "Meth Umbreon".

Think of it as so:

Your troops enter a sketchy looking collection of trade posts; run by a real shifty character. Within you can buy equipment:
6 items will appear on sale, occasionally being swapped out for something else. Here's a suggested list:

Every item you can usually buy, you can find as an offer: For example, a helmet. This item can be sold for less/more than usual, so it's best to consider if it's worth it.

The Sword - Consider this to be a tad stronger than the mace but weaker than the axe for base damage. However these swords can forge great legends via a special feature they have: Swords will inflict double damage against certain targets...
    Special mercenaries. (I gave Selicia to the AI once, she really doesn't pull her punches...! If there are ever any more SMs planned; we could use an effective counter if one got in the AI's grasp.)
    The default sword is exactly what it says on the tin, but for other races it can be anything that looks keen, fancy and effective.

They are very much the tool of choice for an army who's warriors are lagging behind, but it underperforms when you hold the advantage.
    Quickfire bow - Has the range of a basic bow and does less damage, but fires twice in one turn (half of your move points for each shot). It's flaw is the fact it's outranged and outpowered by the compound; but you can spread out the damage between 2 targets this way, or attack once then retreat.
    I like the looted/scientist/security guard look of the Crux; and giving them a poorly maintained, jury rigged but fully fuctional submachine gun would really work for this weapon. Taurus could have a Repeater rifle. Maybe the generic one could be a multishot crossbow?
    Have accessories for the stats not yet covered: Voracity, Stomach and Will. Maybe the justification for being only found at the bazaar is that they're all black market goods?
    A unique item that; when equipped, deletes itself and gives the soldier a leadership stat: Effectively making them into a Captain, a lesser Leader who cannot be respawned. They gain an extra choice for each level up, but are worth extra exp when killed, and this item is fairly costly to buy.
These rare items are naturally hard to come by, so frequenting the bazaar is a good idea.

Thank you!

Well, it's currently set up so that leaders can not load customizations from non-leaders and vice versa, partly to prevent issues from trying to load clothing that they don't have access to... though I guess a good part of the reason for that has disappeared. So a leader can load saved leaders, and normal soldiers can load normal soldiers.. I might revise that for all leaders except the slime leader (that is actually halfway considered another race in game). That being said, there's also an issue I didn't think about where several of the new variables introduced for crux customization aren't saved in the customization, and I will fix that as well.

The bazaar sounds like an interesting system. I'll definitely make a note of it, I will say it is likely to be added at some point. Offering different weapon types could work, but since many races have their own weapons, this would generate a decent amount of sprites. So it may end up with new weapon types, or it may end up with basically enchanted versions of the existing weapons. There are additional special mercenaries blueprinted, but it may be a while before they get completed. The idea of a captain is a good way to provide support for secondary armies.

I guess I should go ahead and say my plans for the next patch too. I'm going to be working on the AI (which may include the subfields of merchant goblins and bandits, depends on how much I get done), and also probably at least one combat related system (which would be unit classes, magic, or vore / alt vore specials). There should be a good amount of minor changes as well.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby chance10 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:54 pm

Aurilika wrote:
CykaBlyat wrote:Hey, quick question, any chance of you making it so all the tiles/and mines spawn naturally in worldgen instead of having to create a custom map that specifically uses them?

It's pretty likely for goldmines, probably as the kind of thing you specify how many you want and it places them in a semi-fair distribution. I guess the more eccentric tile types could have essentially an on/off toggle. So I guess I would say that it's pretty likely, but it would probably be a while.

Unfortunate wrote:I love me some Vore War!

Think of it as so:

Thank you!

Well, it's currently set up so that leaders can not load customizations from non-leaders and vice versa, partly to prevent issues from trying to load clothing that they don't have access to... though I guess a good part of the reason for that has disappeared. So a leader can load saved leaders, and normal soldiers can load normal soldiers.. I might revise that for all leaders except the slime leader (that is actually halfway considered another race in game). That being said, there's also an issue I didn't think about where several of the new variables introduced for crux customization aren't saved in the customization, and I will fix that as well.

The bazaar sounds like an interesting system. I'll definitely make a note of it, I will say it is likely to be added at some point. Offering different weapon types could work, but since many races have their own weapons, this would generate a decent amount of sprites. So it may end up with new weapon types, or it may end up with basically enchanted versions of the existing weapons. There are additional special mercenaries blueprinted, but it may be a while before they get completed. The idea of a captain is a good way to provide support for secondary armies.

I guess I should go ahead and say my plans for the next patch too. I'm going to be working on the AI (which may include the subfields of merchant goblins and bandits, depends on how much I get done), and also probably at least one combat related system (which would be unit classes, magic, or vore / alt vore specials). There should be a good amount of minor changes as well.

Can't wait to what magic looks like
chance10
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:16 am

Indeed! And that bazaar idea is pretty cool too!
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:38 pm

why is their no AV?

The problem with AV is that it's hard to differentiate sprite-wise with the current spriting style and it'll be a pretty big undertaking to add the animation frame. In any case, I'll keep it in mind for the future. Actually one upcoming (and fully sprited already so upcoming soon) race has AV animation (if you're okay with rabbit shortstacks).
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Orosaki » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:21 pm

a couple of ideas i had

Speed modifies army speed - An optional thing that causes army movement to be based on the unit with the lowest speed in the army. Can be turned off or on. Max army speed can also be set. If max army speed is set to 0 then there is no move limit for an army.

Drill Sergeant - A hero unit that provides free exp to non leader or hero units in the same army as them (10 exp max)which is then divided up between the first 10 units as evenly as possible, up to the drill sergeant's level. Drill sergeants gain no exp from training themselves so they must be leveled up in combat.

Hardy - An ability that lets the unit move after attacking, as well as attack without movement points.

Bazaar Weapons

Javelin - A ranged weapon with the ability to use in close combat as well, it has one space less range than a bow, it deals less tdamage the further away the target hits. Ignores close range damage form spiked armor.

Spear - A close range weapon that can attack enemies 2 spaces away instead of adjacent enemies

Pike - A more expensive and damaging spear.

Long Bow - It has a better range than composite bow bow deals less damage than a regular bow.

Heater Shield - A more effective shield than what is already present.

Kite Shield - Provides full protection from arrows and javelins but reduces movement due to it's size. Great defense defense bonus against melee. It doesn't protect against siege weapoon attacks.

Spiked armor - Causes damage to melee attackers, and DoT to units that vore the wearer.

Crossbow - Has the same range and damage as a bow but hits the target twice.

Siege Weapons - These can be bought at the bazaar and are fairly expensive units. All siege weapons require another unit to be adjacent to it in order to attack, but they do not require a nearby unit to move. Siege weapons can not be targeted or destroyed, but the battle will end in a loss if all non siege units are killed. In order for a unit to operate a siege engine they must be adjacent. Siege weapons can be stolen by the enemy if the battle is lost. Another downside to the siege weapons is that armies using them cannot move through mountains or forests anymore, and in the case of otherwise flight capable armies will be unable to fly. Siege weapons will limit army movement speed as well if the speed becomes a determiner of army movement as armies with them will have a max speed of 3-6 depending on what siege weapons are present.

One final downside is if battles on water become a thing siege weapons won't be usable there.

Catapult - Can launch nearby units to a distance space, was invented by the cats. Max army speed is 6.

Ballista - Can attack any target on the map dealing damage equal to a composite bow, additional damage can be dealt if a high dexterity unit is operating it. Max army speed is 5

Trebuchet - Like the catapult but can also launch projectiles as an attack. It is slower than the catapult or ballista. Max army speed is 4

Helepolis - A ballista that can be operated by multiple units. The dex of each unit adds to the total damage the helepolis deals. Max army spped is 3.

Additional features for monsters

All of these are optional things that can be turned off or on.

If a monster devours everyone in a village the monster army will disband and convert the village into a monster den requiring you to exterminate all monsters in the village through battle until none are left before it can be recapped.

Monster dens will gradually produce stronger monsters as the former village gets more and more monster so best to eliminate it them as soon as possible before they get too powerful.

Monster armies produced by a den do not reduce the number of monster in the den.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Katar » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 pm

I really do like the monster den idea. Maybe have it so once a monster den is created the random spawns no longer occur but the den spawns them more aggressively/larger? I would like to see some more humanoid monster races though if it were possible. Animal vore never really did much for me, but that's just a personal preference.
Katar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Winny » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:22 pm

Just an idea, don't know if its been floated around. Was wondering about ways to create a connection more to the characters and the player character, while we do have some fluff about what happens to characters on the field we don't really have responses from the characters themselves.

Above a character maybe we could have like a small speech bubble containing small sentences from the character. Such as the situation at the time, fighting, maybe some race against race dialog or vore dialog, taunting prey, pleading prey, ectect.

Or maybe have another smaller chat window off to the side with the name of the character and what they are saying at any given time.

Obviously this could branch off into different things. X character has X personality so will say Y in V situation, and simply build on that. Bring more character to the units in the game and such.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:41 pm

Hoh DAMN! Why have I not heard of the Helepolis until now!? It's cool as hell!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Unfortunate » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:09 pm

Yo! Aurilika!
Let me show you how serious about the sword idea I am...

SomeSwords.png
SomeSwords.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 800 times

Feel free to use them. I did my best to mimic the default look of the weapons GreenSlime made (You do a good job BTW...!), and I've added both a blue and a gold version: So you can have a certain skin for each race; ie. the Cats, Humans and Lamia use the gold one, and the Dogs, Wolves and Bunnies use the blue one? Your pick.
I can make more for the other races gradually: The ones with the unique themed weapons... but that's only if you all confirm nobody else is going to do it... I'm a slow worker. >.>
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Can there be a function, that like for end of battle, if one side is human controlled(or choose to be human controlled during battle with cheats), after one side is dead(if the surviving side is human controlled), the "fight" can continue and we can end it whenever afterwards(like maybe change the skip battle button the "END" battle). The purpose would be(after it's implemented) sexy times between our units, or well, some good old fashioned cannibalism(which we can already do with surrendering, if the "manually end each turn" is selected, but it suddenly ends once the last enemy is absorbed, or if auto-surrender is on, just don't eat the last surrendered enemy until you want to end it).

And with that, being able to "enter battle" with our armies, when there isn't an opponent, for those two purposes(and naturally, if it's in a city, the garrison joins).

Oh yeah... The AI knows how to build the new buildings right?

And we should be able to see/use the empire button during our allies turn as well(and view the armies like we'd be able to during an all AI game).
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game