Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V36A

Postby DamnedFox » Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:35 am

Still, that does not work. I've checked the help section, indeed saying it was pressing enter to skip the turn instead, but alas, pressing enter doesnt do anything either...
DamnedFox
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:35 pm

DamnedFox wrote:Hi hi! Been enjoying this a lot lately, but uhhh, now that I actually wanted to play the game myself instead of just watching ai, I can't seem to be able to end my turn, so I get stuck at the first turn unable to do anything unless I let the AI take over and basically just lose the battle...

That's bizarre. You aren't getting any exceptions or anything like that when you try to get the turn? Are you using version 36A? I guess one thing you can try is zipping up a saved file and uploading it so I can see if it's some issue in your settings or the like, though I'm not aware of anything that should interfere with the end of turn button working to that level.

Deathdealer5555 wrote:so i found a new BUG with the bees. not sure if it's a new one, but when the AI is controlling them, they can end up on top of map objects you can't move them onto, like village walls or water. i know they can move OVER that, but i've never been able to make them just sit on one of those tiles.

Loving the update already though, thanks!

Yeah, that's kind of a long running bug. It's proving difficult to solve completely without a bit of a rewrite, and the overall severity is relatively low, so I haven't put major focus on it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Throwaway230503589 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:45 pm

Aurilika wrote:
DamnedFox wrote:Hi hi! Been enjoying this a lot lately, but uhhh, now that I actually wanted to play the game myself instead of just watching ai, I can't seem to be able to end my turn, so I get stuck at the first turn unable to do anything unless I let the AI take over and basically just lose the battle...

That's bizarre. You aren't getting any exceptions or anything like that when you try to get the turn? Are you using version 36A? I guess one thing you can try is zipping up a saved file and uploading it so I can see if it's some issue in your settings or the like, though I'm not aware of anything that should interfere with the end of turn button working to that level.

The issue is with the "Always have AI finish your turn" option.
The AI will take over and move any remaining units, but the turn never gets passed.
The button gets stuck even if you moved all the units manually.

Turning off the option in the middle of that stuck state will give the turn over to the enemy like it should.
Of course, you might as well click "Let AI Finish Your Turn" instead of constantly turning it on and off.
Throwaway230503589
New to the forum

Postby DamnedFox » Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:48 pm

Throwaway230503589 wrote:
Aurilika wrote:

The AI will take over and move any remaining units, but the turn never gets passed.

Turning off the option in the middle of that stuck state will give the turn over to the enemy like it should.
Of course, you might as well click "Let AI Finish Your Turn" instead of constantly turning it on and off.

Okay, so it's a simple case of going to the settings and turning it off? c:
DamnedFox
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:34 pm

Aurilika wrote:

That bug should have been fixed in 36A, though. If it wasn't actually completely fixed, let me know.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Throwaway230503589 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:50 pm

Aurilika wrote:That bug should have been fixed in 36A, though. If it wasn't actually completely fixed, let me know.

Unfortunately, the bug (or at least a variant of it) still exists in 36A.
Here's a video showcasing it: https://streamable.com/nx08h0
Throwaway230503589
New to the forum

Postby AzurePheonix » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:08 am

I have a small idea, would it be at all possible to implement a full tour flavor to regurgitation/escape?
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:44 pm

Aurilika wrote:That bug should have been fixed in 36A, though. If it wasn't actually completely fixed, let me know.

Unfortunately, the bug (or at least a variant of it) still exists in 36A.
Here's a video showcasing it: https://streamable.com/nx08h0

Ah, thank you for letting me know, releasing a patch to fix that, and a few other things.

AzurePheonix wrote:I have a small idea, would it be at all possible to implement a full tour flavor to regurgitation/escape?

Do you mean like they enter one way and exit another?

36B released, fixing up some bugs
36B:
Improved the logic so when you change versions to a version that has a new monster race, it won't delete any existing monster armies, and monsters also keep their cheat replaced race, if any.
Fixed a longstanding minor bug that was pointed out, fixed spawns claimed it sorted by team #, but it actually sorted by the default order, though it did group teams together. Now it properly puts the teams where they should be rotationally. I.e. team 4 would be placed between team 3 and 5, if they exist, rather than being placed by whatever position the first member of that team was in.
Fixed the "hire mercs/adventures" menu in a village not being closeable with the esc key.
Fixed another issue with the ai end of turn option. That should now work completely correctly, now.
Fixed the Monitors not having the venom shock trait attached to them as intended.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V36B

Postby AzurePheonix » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:29 pm

Essentially, yeah! And nice!
The Azure Phoenix will spread his wings and fly with only the most Royal of Blue flares.
AzurePheonix
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KingGrimlock » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am

No idea if they've been added since I last played, but if not, I'd personally love to see a race of Panda girls added to the game some day!
KingGrimlock
New to the forum

Postby gigaredpanther » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:05 am

Been trying to get in the habit of using Linux more and tried downloading the Linux 64 version. But there's no resolution selection window when it starts, so it just ends up stretched and horrible. Anyone know if there's some configuration file or something that I could edit?
We get: To eat you
You get: Eaten

-Tyranid Diplomat
gigaredpanther
Somewhat familiar

Postby ekadragon » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:02 pm

I've been trying this game out and I've noticed that when the mantis monsters unbirth you, you don't turn into one of their own species despite conversion and rebirth being selected... I haven't yet tested out the other monsters but is this normal behavior? I was asking because I would like to see armies become part of the monsters properly if it is possible...
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:12 pm

ekadragon wrote:I've been trying this game out and I've noticed that when the mantis monsters unbirth you, you don't turn into one of their own species despite conversion and rebirth being selected... I haven't yet tested out the other monsters but is this normal behavior? I was asking because I would like to see armies become part of the monsters properly if it is possible...

I think they should be able to, unless the targeted unit has some condition that's preventing it. Worth noting that the conversion and rebirth do not happen 100% of the time.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LostSoul13 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:59 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I noticed something a bit odd happening as I started reaching the late game where adventurers are spawning with significantly more EXP than some of the highest level units on the map (Myself and my allies having around 5300 EXP units and adventurers are spawning with around 7500 EXP).
LostSoul13
Been posting for a bit

Postby Serav » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:11 am

From my experience, adventurers & mercs use some kind of exp scaling based on the average experience of all units or something, the weird part is that you say that the adventurers were spawning with more than that, which shoulnt be possible normally.
Serav
New to the forum

Postby WhatTheNani » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:38 am

LostSoul13 wrote:I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional, but I noticed something a bit odd happening as I started reaching the late game where adventurers are spawning with significantly more EXP than some of the highest level units on the map (Myself and my allies having around 5300 EXP units and adventurers are spawning with around 7500 EXP).

I've noticed something similar where later into the game adventurers/mercenaries and garrisons with the warrior's guild upgrade all spawned at much higher levels than anything that came before them seemingly out of the blue. Noticed it most with AI armies which a few turns previously had been fielding level 1-3 troops were suddenly fielding lvl 5+. Has happened in multiple games too. With a very minor amount of experimentation it seems like it MIGHT be related to how many warrior's guilds are built as well as the levels of armies, but at least one time the newly trained units were at about the level of my main army with my leader, all of which had been fighting and surviving since turn 1. They weren't the highest level units on the board but were well outside the average.
WhatTheNani
Somewhat familiar

Postby reptilemk5 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:26 am

I like playing as the Lizards and I love always ending up as food for the other species. setting the other species to feral really helps there since it limits the damage they can deal without vore. I also increased the voracity and max belly size of all species to further increase odds.
reptilemk5
Somewhat familiar

Postby SwallowTime1 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:09 pm

I have been having a ton of fun with this game, likely since I enjoy games like fire emblem. However, I noticed something strange. If I close the game and reopen it, all of my saves are gone. For example, I saved a game under the name, "Game". When I closed the game and came back to it later, the save was gone. Is this a bug, intended feature, or something I'm doing wrong?
SwallowTime1
New to the forum

Postby Manchura » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:08 pm

SwallowTime1 wrote:I have been having a ton of fun with this game, likely since I enjoy games like fire emblem. However, I noticed something strange. If I close the game and reopen it, all of my saves are gone. For example, I saved a game under the name, "Game". When I closed the game and came back to it later, the save was gone. Is this a bug, intended feature, or something I'm doing wrong?

probably just windows security blocking game from making changes, just allow it access when you open it and windows security dings
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby SwallowTime1 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:43 am

Manchura wrote:
SwallowTime1 wrote:I have been having a ton of fun with this game, likely since I enjoy games like fire emblem. However, I noticed something strange. If I close the game and reopen it, all of my saves are gone. For example, I saved a game under the name, "Game". When I closed the game and came back to it later, the save was gone. Is this a bug, intended feature, or something I'm doing wrong?

probably just windows security blocking game from making changes, just allow it access when you open it and windows security dings

This helped me figure out how to fix the problem. I tried opening the game with Administrator (I use a windows 10 laptop) , and a new folder opened up named UserData. I tested it out, and my save remained this time. Thanks for the help!
SwallowTime1
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game