Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V13B

Postby Hoodoo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm

Wow, what a fantastic game you've made so far! Great work - it's very exciting to see a good and active developer in the community again.
Hoodoo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Orosaki » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:12 pm

Leaders and heroes should have infinite morale, they cannot be driven into surrender through low morale. This also applies to any units in the same army as a leader or heroe.

Since the leaders and heroes are already kind of a primary target, you best be sure to protect them.

Losing a leader or hero during battle significantly reduces the remaining army's morale, and may even cause them to surrender.

Garrisons units should also immune to morale (they have families to protect after all and would rather die then allow an enemy to take their city.)

The ai should also attempt to keep their leader from being killed having the leader retreat to the back if needed when they take too much damage.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CoinToast » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:28 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Well, I can think of sprites, sounds, ideas, dialog, various other text, potentially code for the people that can do that.
I do like a good technology tree, but I'm not entirely sure how well it would fit here. High technology feels like it would make it so combat occurs more at range and with less vore. I'm not ruling it out, but it would be a while before I'd work on it.
So you'd specify that certain things occur more often in a certain race? I'm not sure if I'm completely grasping what you mean with that.
The battle actions sound like that would both give an excuse to have additional dialog lines, and more combat options, so I think that sounds like a good idea.

On the genetic stuff, it would be that races could have individuals who in turn would tend to have certain colors, clothes, clothes colors and maybe even trait distributions show up more often than others. Eg you could have a bunnytown where bunnies tend to come in blue hair, pale skin and be faster than average but worse at melee. This could be a property of the town itself (which I pressume would be easier to implement), or it could be based on the characters themselves (which would mean that new population is based on existing population, and would make re-populated towns very inbred unless an entire army move there)

If town-based a repopulated town should have a mechanism to decide which traits it would favor, and if character-based then a small mutation factor could allow artificial selection, which would be a minor game mechanic (if non-average traits are exponentially less likely to occur, and mutation is small enough)

On the high-technology=everybody shoots issue, that would be only true if range scales more than defense or melee does. It could be perfectly possible to have melee dominate late gain and range being ineffective, unless you are dealing with less advanced races.

Also, what kind of code would you need?
CoinToast
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jazzumness » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Got this error when loading an older map made before 13B
https://ibb.co/e9f2Ff

Edit: Managed to fix this by just opening the map in the editor and saving it in the new version
Mercenary houses don't spawn on custom maps though
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby DollyFailFail » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So, here's basic Crypter package. I decided to make them more sleek and Necron-like with additional skeleton motifs.

Because there are some grey steel parts, colorable parts of Crypters are rendered in fashionable and fabulous hot pink. Please do not make it one of their color schemes, Aurilika. Actually no, maybe hot pink Crypter could be one of unique mercenaries.

Weapons-
Cable whip (unarmed... literally unarmed.)
Chainsaw
Power fist
Autocrossbow
Cannon arm

Last bunch of sprites is Crypter-specific weight gain system. As fat robots would look silly, Crypters store excess biomass compressed in their hip tanks. Weight gain reflects how much biomass there is.

I can add more collar designs later, maybe Sunday.

Hmm, I think I might like it, but I'd need to see it put together to make a proper judgement on that. Though, I feel like having a chainsaw as their light melee option feels silly, and chainsaws in general feel somewhat above their tech level(with the exception of the as of yet unmade queen), the weapon I myself had used was a Rapier. Speaking of the arms, I'm also not sure how much I like the idea of their unarmed state literally not having an arm.

I had also intended for them to have organic looking hair such as the defaults, the idea being they were wigs meant to replicate the sort of hair they would have had when they were alive(The two main ideas I had in mind were for hairs based on Weiss and Winter Schnee from RWBY, which is also why I had done the background hair on a separate layer, because Weiss has a very long ponytail), it's not that just didn't get around to making robo-hair like what you've got here. If I had wanted them to just have simple robo-hair it could have been done before I even released them, though I suppose they aren't bad as options just not really what I had wanted. If the hair you made for the normal factions is compatible.

Also, maybe its just because I'm not seeing the fully assembled version, but they seem a bit too... natural looking to me. Like, you can see the joints on the weapon arms, but the rest of the body just looks like a particularly dark-skinned living being. It looks like, with the exception of the weapon arm, you could mistake them for a heavily armored human. The Crypters are meant to be a little clunky and obviously inorganic, y'know, like look at the original version, they've got ball joints because they don't have any other option within their capabilities that would give them full articulation, and they're noticeably bottom heavy because otherwise they'd risk falling over. I definitely approve of the idea of the alternative weight gain though.

Sorry if I'm sounding pushy, it's just that I put a lot of thought into the Crypters and a lot of the design choices I used were chosen because that's how I wanted them to look, like I chose face plates over collars because collars would get in the way of the clothing ideas I had wanted to make for them.
Last edited by DollyFailFail on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:18 pm

GreenSlime wrote:Finally, here's some flavor text (ha ha, flavor) that I cooked up. Since slimes have unique body type (and totally not because I am biased towards slimes, no sirree) the first race-specific messages are for slimes. I'll add more later.
Spoiler: show
-Swallow
>[PREYNAME] lets out a distressed yelp as [he/she/they] [is/are] shoved headfirst into [PREDNAME]’s mouth!
>[PREDNAME] grabs [PREYNAME] and hungrily swallows [him/her/them] whole!
>[PREDNAME] casts aside [his/her/their] weapon and grabs onto [PREYNAME], stuffing [him/her/them] into [his/her/their] gullet!
>[PREDNAME] swiftly swallows [PREYNAME]’s head before lifting [him/her/them] and letting the gravity do the rest!
>[PREDNAME] shoves [PREYNAME] onto the ground and shoves [him/her/them] legfirst into [his/her/their] mouth!
>[PREDNAME] overpowers [PREYNAME] and swiftly shoves [him/her/them] into [his/her/their] gut!

{slime}
>[PREDNAME] launches [himself/herself/themselves] at [PREYNAME], engulfing them almost instantly!
>[PREDNAME] turns into a puddle and oozes under [PREYNAME], engulfing them from below!
{slime-prey}
>[PREDNAME] reaches for [PREYNAME]’s core, swallowing it along with surrounding slime!
>[PREDNAME] grabs [PREYNAME]’s viscous form and shoves [him/her/them] into [his/her/their] mouth!

-Digestion - 100-50% threshold
>[PREYNAME] kicks [PREDNAME]’s stomach angrily.
>Not to be defeated so easily, [PREYNAME] struggles with all his/her/their] might.
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach quivers and shakes, as [PREYNAME] tries to make [him/her/them] spit [him/her/them] out.
>[PREYNAME] shuffles inside [PREDNAME]’s stomach.
>Angry protests of [PREYNAME] can be heard from within [PREDNAME]’s gut.
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach wobbles vigorously as [PREYNAME] is trying to escape.

{slime}
>[PREYNAME]’s struggles can be clearly seen inside [PREDNAME]’ transparent stomach.
>[PREYNAME] is suspended inside [PREDNAME], barely able to move.
{slime-prey}
>[PREDNAME]’s gut is fizzing with the angry slime.
>[PREDNAME]’s belly is emitting bubbling noises.

-Digestion - under 50% threshold
>[PREYNAME] starts feeling dizzy inside [PREDNAME]’s stomach.
>[PREYNAME]’s struggles are weakening somewhat.
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach wobbles as [PREYNAME] still tries to get out

-Digestion - 30% threshold
>The struggles of [PREYNAME] become weaker, [his/her/their] death imminent.
>[PREYNAME] feels [his/her/their] body becoming soft and pliable.
>[PREYNAME] clearly doesn’t have the strength to avoid [his/her/their] fate anymore.

-Digestion-random
>[PREDNAME] rubs [his/her/their] belly contentedly
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach walls contract around [PREYNAME], trying to squish [him/her/them]
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach gurgles louder, slathering [PREYNAME] in digestive juices.
>[PREDNAME] slaps [his/her/their] full belly, taunting the prey inside.
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach lets out a satisfied gurgle
>[PREYNAME] struggles inside [PREDNAME]’s gut

-Digestion - Death
>The muffled protests in [PREDNAME]’s stomach grow silent, replaced with content gurgling. [PREYNAME] is dead.
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach churns, its content finally turning into nutritious soup for the predator.
>[PREDNAME]’s stomach contracts, turning [PREYNAME] into nutritious mush.
>Inside [PREDNAME}’s stomach, [PREYNAME] finally falls silent.
>With the final contraction, [PREYNAME] falls apart into a pile of mush.

-Absorption complete
>[PREDNAME] enjoys the added weight of [PREYNAME] on [his/her/their] body.
>The last of [PREYNAME] is absorbed into [PREDNAME]’s body.
>[PREYNAME] is now completely gone, soon to be forgotten as just another meal.

I am TOTALLY biased towards slimes, and I'm not afraid to admit that! XD

Jazzumness wrote:Got this error when loading an older map made before 13B

Edit: Managed to fix this by just opening the map in the editor and saving it in the new version

Because they're custom, they spawn on the generated maps because they were added to the algorithm, but naturally, for a custom map, you'll have to place them yourself, they're in the editor though, right after the swamp tile and before the race village tiles.

...Unless you meant that they don't show up even IF you placed them in the editor...
Last edited by Turbotowns on Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:If you don't mind me asking. What where the two unique mercenaries you were planning to implement but didn't get time to do so?

One was me going to be trying an experiment with a new class, called something like the Vore Priestess. She'd be using the miko clothes that Greenslime designed a long time ago but I could never find a great use for at the time. She'd start with a relatively high vore and stomach stat, could eat friendly units and enemy units and transfer health from the enemy units to the friendly units. Maybe some sort of buff to nearby units vore, or able to assist other units in voring in some way. Hadn't really fleshed her out all the way. If she was popular then maybe I'd give all the races a way to train an equivalent to her. I was going to restrict her mercenary appearance to one race, or maybe a few races (that covers up the fact that the miko clothes would simply not fit certain races). She'll probably be put off indefinitely for the moment, as her design is still up in the air, and the new character models may not end with miko clothes for a while, and I don't know how well I can retrofit clothes from the old to the new. She'll be revisited at some point though.

The other is a succubus unit, I've got a sprite I made a while back for her (which may eventually need some tweaking, I'm not nearly on GreenSlime's level at spriting). I was thinking she'd have one of two powers (or maybe both). She could partially charm/distract someone, which would result in a penalty to attack and defense, or she could consume them and if she's able to keep them inside of her for something like 5 turns, the unit would be converted to her side. She'll probably make it in sooner because her sprite is unique, and does not depend on clothes.

Hoodoo wrote:Wow, what a fantastic game you've made so far! Great work - it's very exciting to see a good and active developer in the community again.

Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Orosaki wrote:Leaders and heroes should have infinite morale, they cannot be driven into surrender through low morale. This also applies to any units in the same army as a leader or heroe.
Since the leaders and heroes are already kind of a primary target, you best be sure to protect them.
Losing a leader or hero during battle significantly reduces the remaining army's morale, and may even cause them to surrender.
Garrisons units should also immune to morale (they have families to protect after all and would rather die then allow an enemy to take their city.)
The ai should also attempt to keep their leader from being killed having the leader retreat to the back if needed when they take too much damage.

Some sort of optional morale system might make it in there sooner or later (maybe tied in with that suggestion for the will-based surrender from many pages ago). I'll make a note to work on leader AI as well.

CoinToast wrote:On the genetic stuff, it would be that races could have individuals who in turn would tend to have certain colors, clothes, clothes colors and maybe even trait distributions show up more often than others. Eg you could have a bunnytown where bunnies tend to come in blue hair, pale skin and be faster than average but worse at melee. This could be a property of the town itself (which I pressume would be easier to implement), or it could be based on the characters themselves (which would mean that new population is based on existing population, and would make re-populated towns very inbred unless an entire army move there)

If town-based a repopulated town should have a mechanism to decide which traits it would favor, and if character-based then a small mutation factor could allow artificial selection, which would be a minor game mechanic (if non-average traits are exponentially less likely to occur, and mutation is small enough)

On the high-technology=everybody shoots issue, that would be only true if range scales more than defense or melee does. It could be perfectly possible to have melee dominate late gain and range being ineffective, unless you are dealing with less advanced races.

Also, what kind of code would you need?

That would be an interesting system, but would require a lot of tweaking to get to feel right. Plus you'd have to find out a way to make that information presentable to the player, in enough detail that they know what they can do with it, without completely overwhelming them. Unless the details are mostly hidden, in which case it might just feel random. I'll definitely keep that system in mind though.
Yeah, I was thinking more about the realism sense than the gameplay sense. You could make it work in different ways. Maybe I'll eventually head down that route, we'll see.
Various kinds of code. I mean the coding for the animated bellies was something I didn't know I needed until Baif put that together, same with his addition of colors and bolding to the combat log. Someone before mentioned using fractals to improve the way random maps are generated. The AI could use improvement. I consider myself good at AI, but I only have so much time so I have to distribute it in a way I think is good. I mean I would say ask me first so I can tell if it's a good fit, but I'd be open to lot of things being done if someone had talent and wanted to work on it.

Jazzumness wrote:Got this error when loading an older map made before 13B

That's a result of me adding them to the map editor as placable relatively last minute and not checking the backwards compatibility. It basically checks to see if there are any merc camps specified in the map it needs to make into real merc camps, but it throws an error if the list doesn't exist at all (it's fine if it has 0 entries). So I'll fix that for this patch.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:10 pm

Is it ok if I start making and uploading sprites here? I don't know whether I need to be part of the team or not, but art is something I can contribute. I was thinking of making a RuneScape style tech tree with bronze, iron and steel weapons and shields. And maybe making some wands, staffs and crossbows. Plus I could make wooden spears and clubs for more primitive races.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Aurilika » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:36 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Is it ok if I start making and uploading sprites here? I don't know whether I need to be part of the team or not, but art is something I can contribute.

Sure, feel free, there's not really an established 'team' exactly. The only thing I'd say is try to avoid duplicating the same thing someone else is working on. Greenslime is working on high-quality versions of the current sprites, a new race, and some clothes, failbird105 may or may not be working on some other monsters, SilhouettiShine is supposedly working on some race portraits. I think that's all the activity I'm aware of at the moment.

Oh, you've edited it
MarkusFreeman320 wrote:I was thinking of making a RuneScape style tech tree with bronze, iron and steel weapons and shields. And maybe making some wands, staffs and crossbows. Plus I could make wooden spears and clubs for more primitive races.

Hmm, the trick is Greenslime has given most of the more custom races unique weapon sprites for their new sprites that I've yet to implement. There's still 6 races that share the same set of base weapons though. You might want to hold off for like a week or so until I've got most of the newer sprites in, to get a better gauge of where things stand on that front.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:13 pm

Np, I'll check the source version in the next patch and go from there.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Re: Vore War V13C

Postby Aurilika » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:28 pm

13C released, just quickly fixing up some discovered bugs. There's a couple of issue reports that I couldn't seem to track down a cause for :
units with 1 mp can't attack a town -- can't seem to replicate this, armies with 1 mp seem to attack just fine.
army with long distance movement orders occasionally not showing when hovered over -- can't replicate, only possible cause I can think of is that the path was completely blocked, in which case it generates no path.
If anyone can get those to a reproducible state, send me a save game and I'll fix them.

I've also stuck a linux 64 bit version in there now too.

13C:
Fixed units hired from an allies town behaving in unpredicable ways.
Scat now changes around the sounds as well.
Fixed the bug where if the last unit was a surrendered unit that's outside of the range they could reach in one turn to vore, the AI would sit idle and the battle would not end.
Fix for trying to create a game on a map from a version before 13B throwing an error.
Fixed the quicksave key saving to the maps directory instead of the saves directory (that was a mistake as a result of me changing things around in 13B for better compatibility)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:52 am

Loving this update! Is there a way to add a feature to the shop to buy the same weapons or accessories for the whole army, the same as when buying village upgrades? Adding shoes and bows to a 32 unit army is VERY time consuming.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby dddddd2 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:00 am

Been playing this for the past few days and having so much fun. What an incredibly well-done game!

Also, I have two questions:
1. Right now most of the time the escaped prey would just immediately get devoured again before they get their turn to do anything. Could it be adjusted so the escaped prey has an at least one turn chance to move/fight back?

2. Is there any way or do you plan on adding a way to edit(cheat) any individual's individual stat? So we can make a character with extremely high hp but extremely low will etc. Leveling up will add a small amount to all stats so that won't do. Currently, I do it by editing hex values of the .sav file but it is tedious and time-consuming.
dddddd2
Been posting for a bit

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:01 am

I appreciate feedback on the crypters. I can get them closer to original design. Faceplates are doable, hair from other races definitely can be used and plating around the belly can be added to belly sprites (that reminds me, I still have to do navel-less belly variation). In fact give me some time and I'll cook up something in a couple of hours.

I went with more advanced design partially because I was inspired by Megaman X reploid designs, partially because I feel like clunky golem crypters, while interesting, are an odd fit to a fetishy games (unless clunky golems are your fetish in which case I apologize). So them being partially made of artificial muscle would explain expanding bellies better.

Also if you wanted to see how combined design looks, I posted it before.
tales from the crypt.png
tales from the crypt.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 1084 times

This one lacks boots I have sprited just now and pay no attention to the right arm, it gets replaced.

Also, what clothes have you intended for them to have?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 am

I've noticed that on complete annihilation the preds don't devour the conquered cities. Is that for gameplay reasons or an oversight?
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Postby ajonipash » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 am

Hello! This is my first posting on these forums (sorry for poor english ^_^;) This game is very well made so good job Aurilika! I did have a question about names in the game, I look through the folders and find notepad document with names for women and men. Is it able to be done to make the game pull from separate folders for other races women and men names? Like Lizards (my favorite race, love watching lizard women eat the world) would have a folder with two files for women and men names (Women be names like Klissa, S'lisska and stuff, while Men be N'assku, Jossku, see what I mean?) I wish you good luck with the game, and will be checking in now and later, I would love to make sprite for weapons in the future too if you need them! I know implement things in games is hard, but you do great job!

Maybe you use these skill to make other game in future (like, non vore games, ones that might sell for money) but I do love this one, keep doing great work Aurilika! ( ♥灬 3灬 ♥)
ajonipash
New to the forum

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:28 am

GreenSlime wrote:I appreciate feedback on the crypters. I can get them closer to original design. Faceplates are doable, hair from other races definitely can be used and plating around the belly can be added to belly sprites (that reminds me, I still have to do navel-less belly variation). In fact give me some time and I'll cook up something in a couple of hours.

I went with more advanced design partially because I was inspired by Megaman X reploid designs, partially because I feel like clunky golem crypters, while interesting, are an odd fit to a fetishy games (unless clunky golems are your fetish in which case I apologize). So them being partially made of artificial muscle would explain expanding bellies better.

Also if you wanted to see how combined design looks, I posted it before.
tales from the crypt.png

This one lacks boots I have sprited just now and pay no attention to the right arm, it gets replaced.

Also, what clothes have you intended for them to have?

Well, I do have somewhat of a thing for more 'odd' preds, which clunkier, less advanced robots and golems certainly fall under the category of.

And yeah, that's a good bit too far in the futuristic direction. I'm not saying you need to scrap the whole thing obviously, your works is good as always, and the body can remain pretty much the way it is, you don't even need to add the belly plates if you don't want too(those were more from an aesthetic/logic perspective. Bellies tend to get pretty big, that makes them easy targets, and they're basically useless if you cut them open, so why not put some armor on them), it's mostly the limbs that need changing.

In terms of the clothes though, well I'd decided they'd be a more 'serious' faction, so stuff like uniform suits ala Winter Schnee and General Ironwood(both from RWBY)
Though obviously both would have a darker primary color and would have significantly shorter sleeves, if any. Probably no pants too

As well as at least one design that was straight up just extra armor, which would have been where I had incorporated the old Collar, though probably a shorter version to expose the mouth. It could also incorporate the belly plates if those don't go onto the base design. Possibly variants of those two coats that lack an undershirt as well.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 am

Hm. So limbs-wise something like Legends' megaman?

Mega&RollMML.jpg

I think uniform can be combined with metal collars just fine since in the end it'll be basically the vest. I can do extra-armored design on this one too.

Alright, I have already done several mouth guards so all that's left now is to robot up arms/legs.

Oh and I made alternative navel-and nipple-less breasts/belly for races that probably lack them (Lizards, slimes, crypters...). It should be a race option probably since some people would like nipples to stay.

Warning: unaligned.
Attachments
nipples more like RIP-ples.png
nipples more like RIP-ples.png (11.73 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:42 am

GreenSlime wrote:Hm. So limbs-wise something like Legends' megaman?

Mega&RollMML.jpg

I think uniform can be combined with metal collars just fine since in the end it'll be basically the vest. I can do extra-armored design on this one too.

Alright, I have already done several mouth guards so all that's left now is to robot up arms/legs.

Oh and I made alternative navel-and nipple-less breasts/belly for races that probably lack them (Lizards, slimes, crypters...). It should be a race option probably since some people would like nipples to stay.

Yeah honestly that's a pretty good idea of the limbs.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:51 am

GreenSlime wrote:Oh and I made alternative navel-and nipple-less breasts/belly for races that probably lack them (Lizards, slimes, crypters...). It should be a race option probably since some people would like nipples to stay.

Those breasts and bellies look much better than the ones already in the game, are you going to upgrade the old ones too?
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game