Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V29

Postby Younger99 » Fri May 01, 2020 6:49 am

ShatteredSigma wrote:It would be nice to see a rodent or rat race in the game, if you're looking to add more.

Agreed mate personally I'm tempted to try but don't know how to.
Younger99
Participator

Postby Dragonlord » Fri May 01, 2020 7:50 am

Paty wrote:Hello I can't find the new Micadi race anywhere be it on Pure tactical or on race editor.
Is it possible we can't have access to it ?
Still a great game by the way =)

Also is it possible to add a feature to put a random trait on a unit once in a while ?
Like one out of 50 units will have a random trait from the list including the cheating traits and very bad trait.

Micadi is the name of the creator, the new race is Vipers.

On the Vipers currently they seem to be good and a step or two over the standard races, as they should for a merc race I suppose. Oddly its their ranged vore that seems the most powerful ability out of their laundry list of abilities. Though as happy as I am to see another race with the fairy style BV sprites, I'm curious if there's a way to have that retrofitted onto the older races.
Dragonlord
Participator

Postby Paty » Fri May 01, 2020 9:11 am

Oh thanks I was really searching at the wrong place...
Paty
New to the forum

Postby Hansony » Fri May 01, 2020 6:47 pm

AAAYYY, guess who already got an exception!!

I am pretty sure it has to do with the massive amounts of bonus traits I put on the race I am playing as, including the new trait.

Here's the log:
Spoiler: show
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :29
EventList.CheckStartEvent (Empire empire) (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)
Empire.CheckEvent () (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)
StrategyMode.BeginTurn () (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)
StrategyMode.EndTurn () (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)
StrategyMode.AI (System.Single dt) (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)
StrategyMode.ReceiveInput () (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)
GameManager.Update () (at <0aced07bb54d44d49dec655da62c6a9b>:0)

In a spoiler because they take a lot of space and just look bad in the thread really, if that makes it harder to deal with please tell me so I won't do it again
Hansony
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sat May 02, 2020 3:29 pm

Dragonlord wrote:Micadi is the name of the creator, the new race is Vipers.

On the Vipers currently they seem to be good and a step or two over the standard races, as they should for a merc race I suppose. Oddly its their ranged vore that seems the most powerful ability out of their laundry list of abilities. Though as happy as I am to see another race with the fairy style BV sprites, I'm curious if there's a way to have that retrofitted onto the older races.

Yeah, looking back that first sentence in the change log was in a little bit of a weird order (and vipers weren't capitalized).

Well, I think GreenSlime is working on a little bit of a revamp for some of the races he's done, and I think that will probably end up including the more advanced breast vore sprites, though it might be a while.

Hansony wrote:AAAYYY, guess who already got an exception!!

I am pretty sure it has to do with the massive amounts of bonus traits I put on the race I am playing as, including the new trait.

Actually, it's unrelated to traits, and more due to me messing up with my implementation of the 'avoiding recently triggered random events' code that was added, so I've got that fixed for this patch.

Small patch to fix up some issues.

29A:
Fixed an exception that would occur when starting to start an event if you made a new game in V29.
Fixed prey changing location from stomach2 to stomach 1 when being passed up the prey chain.
Fixed an issue where the reset to default on the race editor screen would sometimes not reset the stats.
Corrected the labels for Viper customization to be more accurate instead of using the default names.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V29A

Postby Kreate48 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:22 pm

A trait that greatly increases stomach, but makes the one with the trait unable to digest prey during combat could be interesting
Kreate48
New to the forum

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sat May 02, 2020 5:11 pm

I've found two issues, one of them an easy fix.
1. The genital layer on FeralBats is set to be above the belly layer, so if a male FeralBat has prey in both their stomach and their balls, the resulting graphic is wrong. It's rare to actually see it, but there it is.

2. Complicated, but there's an issue for resolving units fleeing from combat with allies in their bodies via the Endosoma trait. How to replicate:
-Have an army containing at least one unit with the endosoma trait.
-Send that army invade a city.
-Command a unit with endosoma to use a vore action on a friendly unit. They need at least one to see the bug in action.
-Command that unit flee, with their allies still safely tucked away inside.
-Either lose the battle normally or command the rest of the army to flee, your call.

Expected result: The units that flee, including the ones inside the unit with the Endosoma trait, appear a few turns later at the capital or whatever.

Actual result: Above, but the units 'stored' with the Endosoma trait are now in a separate army still on the enemy city tile. The AI avoids that tile, and won't dispatch armies from it, as far as I can tell. The player can use this new army stationed at the enemy city to use the devour army command on the enemy city, which does not change the ownership of the city. If there was an army defending that city, they happily co-inhabit the tile with the hostile army. To be fair, they did just see those guys get unbirthed by the enemy commander, so... maybe they're okay? Enemy of my enemy???

The fix for that might be easy, actually. The functions that handle fleeing units may need to check for units hiding in others, and handle them appropriately. Presumably, once the units are safe, they'd let each other out and re-assume formation. Or keep them in there until they're back at the capital. (They knew the risks when they signed up.)
If you have some time to burn, check out my gallery for some stories!
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby FinalWolfZX » Sat May 02, 2020 9:43 pm

To be honest, I kinda liked that the Viper's prey would go from stomach 2 to 1 when 'escaping'. Might it be possible to add a toggle in options for it?
Also, on the note of the Vipers, I gotta say I've been waiting for a more 'naga-like' unit! A lot more suiting for my tastes than the lamias, and with all their customizations, they could easily even be a main race..... at least in my opinion.

Everything's looking great as usual! I'll let you know if I come across any oddities I find~! :-D
FinalWolfZX
New to the forum

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun May 03, 2020 1:22 am

FinalWolfZX wrote:To be honest, I kinda liked that the Viper's prey would go from stomach 2 to 1 when 'escaping'. Might it be possible to add a toggle in options for it?
Also, on the note of the Vipers, I gotta say I've been waiting for a more 'naga-like' unit! A lot more suiting for my tastes than the lamias, and with all their customizations, they could easily even be a main race..... at least in my opinion.

Everything's looking great as usual! I'll let you know if I come across any oddities I find~! :-D

The vipers dominate normal units. A base 25 stomach capacity per unit is almost as high as the special merc standard of 30, and they are big at 18, and they get ranged vore. Their only weakness is slow metabolism which reduces their heals and digestion damage, but with such capacity they are too stronk. You could just use the race replacer cheat option to say, play lamia and replace their race with vipers instead, then use the cheat menu to turn the leader into a viper. That's how i did a game with a kobold faction and a dragon leader.

Also the issue was that when a viper absorbed a unit in their lower stomach, other units inside their prey's stomach would always go to the top belly, which doesn't make sense at all, since they were inside the gut of someone in the lower belly. Prey still have to squirm back up to the first stomach before escaping and often don't make it out before getting pushed back down.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby flamelord786 » Sun May 03, 2020 7:41 am

I'm getting an exception when a fairy reaches the max size from any vore option (max breasts, balls, and stomach). Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to want to update the recentexceptions.txt file, so I can't provide it.
flamelord786
Been posting for a bit

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sun May 03, 2020 6:25 pm

flamelord786 wrote:I'm getting an exception when a fairy reaches the max size from any vore option (max breasts, balls, and stomach). Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to want to update the recentexceptions.txt file, so I can't provide it.

Partially reproduced this. The stomach max size I can't reproduce, but the others results in the following:
-Recent exceptions message pop-up upon the animation occurring. The file does not actually update, though.
-If you end the turn after that, the application permanently hangs. You have to manually close and relaunch it.

This one is unfortunately game-breaking. I don't know for sure what's going on. If I had to guess... something about the sprites?

Tried repeating this with a panther unit, specifically the BV and CV tests. Everything was as awesome as expected, so it looks like it's specific to the faeries. If you insist on using them on 29A, don't do so with CV and BV turned on. Flamelord786 had it crash with stomach, too, so keep in mind that you're playing with fire using them at all.
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sun May 03, 2020 7:55 pm

Kreate48 wrote:A trait that greatly increases stomach, but makes the one with the trait unable to digest prey during combat could be interesting

Sort of like endosoma but including enemy units too? Basically just imprisoning enemies?

ObsidianSnake wrote:I've found two issues, one of them an easy fix.
1. The genital layer on FeralBats is set to be above the belly layer, so if a male FeralBat has prey in both their stomach and their balls, the resulting graphic is wrong. It's rare to actually see it, but there it is.

2. Complicated, but there's an issue for resolving units fleeing from combat with allies in their bodies via the Endosoma trait. How to replicate:

Corrected both of these issues. Adjusted bat layers so they hopefully make more sense. Fixed units getting left in the army, now in that situation all units should end up retreating normally.

FinalWolfZX wrote:To be honest, I kinda liked that the Viper's prey would go from stomach 2 to 1 when 'escaping'. Might it be possible to add a toggle in options for it?

The actual escaping still working the same (aside from fixing the message for a partial escape that actually displayed the normal escape message, which made no sense), this is just related to prey being dissolved in a stomach2 and their prey automatically being put in the first stomach when they break free, instead of in the place they should logically be (same as before).

flamelord786 wrote:I'm getting an exception when a fairy reaches the max size from any vore option (max breasts, balls, and stomach). Unfortunately, the game doesn't seem to want to update the recentexceptions.txt file, so I can't provide it.

Okay, there were additional sizes added in V29, but I messed up part of it, it should work correctly now with no exceptions.

Fixed up a few bugs and added a convenience feature while I was at it.

29B:
Playing with the battle preview on now has buttons to skip battle with stats, or skip without stats, instead of always skipping stats if you skipped the battle (which was kind of a bug)
Hovering over a mercenary in the content settings screen now shows you a preview of what that unit looks like as a visual aid. It also displays the race when you hover over them in the dropdown in the race editor.
Fixed an issue where fled units with endosoma prey would sometimes glitch out the game and remain as an army.
Fixed exceptions that would occur sometimes when a fairy ate something.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ObsidianSnake » Sun May 03, 2020 8:32 pm

Aurilika wrote:29B:
Playing with the battle preview on now has buttons to skip battle with stats, or skip without stats, instead of always skipping stats if you skipped the battle (which was kind of a bug)
Hovering over a mercenary in the content settings screen now shows you a preview of what that unit looks like as a visual aid. It also displays the race when you hover over them in the dropdown in the race editor.
Fixed an issue where fled units with endosoma prey would sometimes glitch out the game and remain as an army.
Fixed exceptions that would occur sometimes when a fairy ate something.

Fantastic! :applause:
ObsidianSnake
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V29B

Postby Njux » Mon May 04, 2020 3:55 am

Hm should point out the visual bug regarding kobolds where bellies and balls don't match properly. Even more if the unit has large trait.
Njux
Somewhat familiar

Postby Kreate48 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:20 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Kreate48 wrote:A trait that greatly increases stomach, but makes the one with the trait unable to digest prey during combat could be interesting

Sort of like endosoma but including enemy units too? Basically just imprisoning enemies?

Was thinking more in the line of something like stretchy insides, but with an even greater effect.
At the cost of only being able to start digesting and absorbing when enemies start escaping or all of them are either dead or eaten.
Kreate48
New to the forum

Postby RandomInjury » Tue May 05, 2020 2:35 am

I'd like to make a suggestion.

I think the leadership leadership skill should level up with your character +5 every level regardless of what you pick, and not be selectable in and of it self.

The way it is, you either have a leader who is basically worthless them selves because you put your skill points into leadership to make everyone else better, or you have a leader who is useful them selves, but is worthless as leader because you put points into their combat abilities.

So Leadership should always get the benifit of leveling so players can improve the leaders skills as well.

Also an interesting change could be to give characters in the leaders party access to every skill when they level up, rather then a select 4. Maybe all of them, maybe a select number of them, that can be your leaders personal guard or something.

Really as it stands I just save scum to get the traits I want, and I'd be willing to bet lots of people do to, so there isn't much point to it being the way it is.

Awesome work with the game by the way. I don't want you to think I'm anything less than impressed by what you've accomplished.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby Fortalice » Thu May 07, 2020 7:46 am

I have a suggestion featuring Stealth mechanics.

I think that Stealth mechanics if implemented can rebalance some races in tactical mode and create a new situations in strategy mode. By that i mean adding a traits, that will give units an ability to flank enemies at battlefield being undetected along with a moderate one-time vore odds buff. It makes sense when small predator can catch a big prey due to surprise attack rather than being 15+ levels ahead of it. In strategy mode it could be a trait, that will allow armies to hide in certain terrain types to be ignored by AI.

Though, this is just a suggestion and i understand, that implemention of stealth mechanics can be very difficult in programming terms and it might be reasonably rejected or postponed. Let me apologize in advance if I have missed any suggestions and replies similar to this.

I also want to thank you for all your effort put in this game, as i already vastly enjoy it in it's current state.
Fortalice
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Thu May 07, 2020 7:58 pm

Hmm, these vipers are pretty X-Com... I approve!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 am

Njux wrote:Hm should point out the visual bug regarding kobolds where bellies and balls don't match properly. Even more if the unit has large trait.

Will check it out.
Kreate48 wrote:Was thinking more in the line of something like stretchy insides, but with an even greater effect.
At the cost of only being able to start digesting and absorbing when enemies start escaping or all of them are either dead or eaten.

So maybe the equivalent of large capacity and a very slow digestion rate? Yeah, I'll stick that in. Will see about making it wait, but if that proves unfeasible, I'll just go slow digestion.
RandomInjury wrote:I think the leadership leadership skill should level up with your character +5 every level regardless of what you pick, and not be selectable in and of it self.
The way it is, you either have a leader who is basically worthless them selves because you put your skill points into leadership to make everyone else better, or you have a leader who is useful them selves, but is worthless as leader because you put points into their combat abilities.

Well, I thought it worked decently as a system, because you have a choice for making the leader a strong support unit, or making them a strong combat unit that gives allies a small buff, or something in between those two extremes. It makes the leader very useful, without making them nearly invincible.
RandomInjury wrote:Also an interesting change could be to give characters in the leaders party access to every skill when they level up, rather then a select 4. Maybe all of them, maybe a select number of them, that can be your leaders personal guard or something.
Really as it stands I just save scum to get the traits I want, and I'd be willing to bet lots of people do to, so there isn't much point to it being the way it is.

I mean if you're focusing on three stats, you'll almost always be able to put a point into one of them. The AI units would be the same. If it bothers you enough to save scum it, you might as well just set it so all units have the 'focused development' trait so you can pick from all of them every time.
Fortalice wrote:I have a suggestion featuring Stealth mechanics.
I think that Stealth mechanics if implemented can rebalance some races in tactical mode and create a new situations in strategy mode. By that i mean adding a traits, that will give units an ability to flank enemies at battlefield being undetected along with a moderate one-time vore odds buff. It makes sense when small predator can catch a big prey due to surprise attack rather than being 15+ levels ahead of it. In strategy mode it could be a trait, that will allow armies to hide in certain terrain types to be ignored by AI.
Though, this is just a suggestion and i understand, that implemention of stealth mechanics can be very difficult in programming terms and it might be reasonably rejected or postponed. Let me apologize in advance if I have missed any suggestions and replies similar to this.
I also want to thank you for all your effort put in this game, as i already vastly enjoy it in it's current state.

An interesting suggestion, though it would be a lot to set up.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 08, 2020 9:15 pm

Ah... wait, their weapons... nevermind, they are 100% based on X-Com. XD

Still approve. They weren't my cup of tea, but the r34 community really liked them, and now they're pretty much canon(them being sexy). XD

Here's a screenshot from chimera squad of one in a bikini likely for a vacation advert posted to Know Your Meme(the face is cropped off though sorry)
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1834778-x-com
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game