Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V22H

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu May 23, 2019 11:33 am

Where are nippless breast options in the settings? I saw we had sprites for it but I’ve never seen an option. Only hiding breasts on certain races like lizards and an option to have topless females.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu May 23, 2019 9:08 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I noticed that after a unit flees it still will digest a unit and the battle won’t end until all units they are are absorbed or spat out (spat out units appear on the map edge)

Good to know! That's what I was wondering about! AT least the fleeing unit is safe, and still has a chance to finish their meal.
Turbotowns
???

Postby timestimes » Thu May 23, 2019 9:45 pm

So what's the current development focus, out of curiosity? Is there an end goal in mind or is it going to be continual updates? Is there a system being developed not yet implemented, or increasing the amount of customization options in sprites maybe? The game as is, is very impressive, and I'm really interested i where it's going.
timestimes
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 pm

Ah, I'd forgotten that someone requested a mega link, so here's a win64 22H. https://mega.nz/#!MPIlSAAb!8tXCGUvLaInN ... 4Zz-pUSvfs

timestimes wrote:I have questions but I don't want to ask questions you may have answered dozens of times already, so is there an FAQ? I can't seem to find one if it exists.

There isn't a FAQ around, if you've got a question that's not really covered by the in-game help then feel free to ask.

Turbotowns wrote:speaking of, I wonder if we can limit vore types per race, like if we don't want cats eating with their mouths, but their butts instead(still ends up in the same place), or can only get bellies from unbirth)

It would certainly be possible, I'll stick it on the list of things to eventually make user configurable.

Turbotowns wrote:Uhm... is a vore pounce allowed to fail... even if it's 100%?!

Well, there's no such thing as completely 100% as far as the game is concerned (I think it rounds up at 99.5%, so it's possible that you just hit in that zone, but the currently logic never actually reaches 100% (though it would be virtually 100% with enough of a level difference)).

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I noticed that after a unit flees it still will digest a unit and the battle won’t end until all units they are are absorbed or spat out (spat out units appear on the map edge)

Yeah, that was part of my balancing for fleeing, they still calculate normally, and if a unit manages to escape, it wanders back to the battlefield. That makes it so you can't just eat and flee and automatically get the digestion.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Where are nippless breast options in the settings? I saw we had sprites for it but I’ve never seen an option. Only hiding breasts on certain races like lizards and an option to have topless females.

I think the confusion there is that there exists nipple-less breast sprites (for the races that use the default breasts, anyway), but I never ended up implementing them, as I felt like simply turning off the breasts option that came around that time covers the majority of use cases. Now, there's a lot of races that don't have support for them, so it would be a mixed bag.

timestimes wrote:So what's the current development focus, out of curiosity? Is there an end goal in mind or is it going to be continual updates? Is there a system being developed not yet implemented, or increasing the amount of customization options in sprites maybe? The game as is, is very impressive, and I'm really interested i where it's going.

Well, the current patch's focus is trying to catch up on some of the gameplay elements that have been queued for some time. I'm honestly not really sure about the end goal. When I started this project, I was figuring I'd work on it for a couple months and run out of things to be done, and yet I've been working on it for over a year (If you include the time converting it from java to c# and converting to unity, back before it was public). I've also been saying I might only work it a few more months on and off since November. My general roadmap is to work on the currently queued major game features (the one currently at the head of my priority list is random events, that come in the style where the event happens and you get 3 choices that affect how it plays out, there's a good 40 of them or so that have been created, but there's a few smaller features that need it would depend on, like rebellions), and continue adding races as they exist, and then continue improving AI, minor features and customization. At some point I may eventually enter a maintenance mode and just concentrate on bug fixing and adding races, but who knows. It's safe to say I won't ever complete everything in my to-do-list though, as it is gradually increasing over time instead of decreasing ^^;
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 24, 2019 1:42 am

Oh right, to confirm, the fairy's are a full on civilized race with their own villages and shit, right? Or just another mercenary race?(I'm sure I'm not the only one to prefer them to be a main/civ race)

Aurilika wrote:It's safe to say I won't ever complete everything in my to-do-list though, as it is gradually increasing over time instead of decreasing ^^;

At least you have something to do, and are productive!

Oh, and I can indeed confirm that the monster armies are stuck on my villages, I have the whole replace function on, and they aren't eating my villagers, but they're keeping me from using the villages(like the succubus one, the stupid bastards).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Jaybeezy » Fri May 24, 2019 4:27 am

So, three things.
One, I'd just like to say that this game is legitimately fun and enjoyable just as a strategy game without any vore elements to it. Like, you made a vore game that can still be enjoyable without that fetish. That's pretty impressive, and of course the vore mechanic makes it so much better. I don't think any games exist in the world that are quite like this and for this you should feel proud. Also, loving the crazy buildings mod, there's something really satisfying about finally getting "Fortified City" on all of your villages and winding up with 100k+ income. Also further loving the fact that you can control what mercenaries are able to show up in the menu. Don't like how Collectors look? No problem, you don't have to deal with them. Want only succubi as mercenaries? There you go. This game is simple in the right ways and complex in the right ways.

Second thing, can we get a system up where we can share maps with one another? Like if someone makes a great map and wants to share it, can we get some sort of filesharing system set up for that? It could also be useful for just sharing WIP stuff or user-generated content. And I'm not asking this about within the game itself, I mean for us forum users. Like a dropbox or something.

Lastly, is there any way to access/view/edit those vore log messages? Most of them seem to happen while it's autofinishing turns and I don't have time to really read most of the messages. Plus it could be nice to add some or edit some existing ones to a user's preference.
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 24, 2019 9:56 am

Jaybeezy wrote:Second thing, can we get a system up where we can share maps with one another? Like if someone makes a great map and wants to share it, can we get some sort of filesharing system set up for that? It could also be useful for just sharing WIP stuff or user-generated content. And I'm not asking this about within the game itself, I mean for us forum users. Like a dropbox or something.

We actually kinda already do that, using different clouds(Like MEGA), and just posting links. Of course, posting them HERE just results in them getting buried in the pages. Auri DID mention possibly setting up a separate forum for maps.

I currently have a map shared myself, though I've made quite a few changes since the last upload and I want to wait for the fairies the release(assuming they're a normal race), to release what would be the final version of it's "STAGE"(until I have to expand it itself).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 pm

I remember way back when even bunnies weren't quite yet implemented(fully)(Hah, nostalgic), the map generation kept all of your own villages relatively close but spread out the civs, which I liked! Like, you can visit any other of your villages from your capital in but a few turns, while it took several to reach any of your enemies! The strategic auto Kiiiinda does that with spacious and none(with big enough dimensions), except your own villages are also miles apart. which is NOT very strategically sound, just say'n... ...Errr... Not... trying to sound rude or anything... maybe... give each civilization some land separating each other or something... maybe?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat May 25, 2019 6:14 am

Erm... The succubi seems to prioritize oral, to the point of seemingly using it exclusively! When using the "ai finish turn" button my succubi seems to never use anything else. which is a shame, and one would think they'd at least maybe prioritize tail vore? Since that's their signature(and exclusive) vore move?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Jaybeezy » Sat May 25, 2019 10:12 am

Turbotowns wrote:Erm... The succubi seems to prioritize oral, to the point of seemingly using it exclusively! When using the "ai finish turn" button my succubi seems to never use anything else.

I only have oral and anal turned on and succubi seem to do anal far more than oral on ai finish. Maybe it's just RNG and we're seeing streaks?
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat May 25, 2019 10:24 am

Jaybeezy wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:Erm... The succubi seems to prioritize oral, to the point of seemingly using it exclusively! When using the "ai finish turn" button my succubi seems to never use anything else.

I only have oral and anal turned on and succubi seem to do anal far more than oral on ai finish. Maybe it's just RNG and we're seeing streaks?

I don't know... since I have ALL vore enabled. The probability is not in Oral's favor... I'll try with an entire army of succubi and report back... (Or better yet, a pure tactical game!)

*after 5 seconds*

Okay, they immediately tried unbirth(Which they have a unique sprite for as well). Maybe it was that particular Succubus? I gave her Divine Bloodline, Eternal, and Lightning Speed.
Turbotowns
???

Postby MasterInventor » Sat May 25, 2019 11:19 am

A Divine Bloodline succubus is just a Lilim, right?
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat May 25, 2019 12:09 pm

MasterInventor wrote:A Divine Bloodline succubus is just a Lilim, right?

I... guess? XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Delt » Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 pm

is it possible to disable fleeing?
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaybeezy » Sat May 25, 2019 11:49 pm

Delt wrote:is it possible to disable fleeing?

Yeah
Go to "Content Settings"
Go to the "Gameplay Options" tab
stop
remember that you are a skilled leader with a good army
exit settings
go back to the battle
Beat them before they can escape. That's turn 8 for most races but turn 4 for at least one, I believe the bunnies.
It doesn't help to leave every one of their soldiers on half health but have them all escape; focus on getting them to surrender (or just eating them) one by one as fast as possible so that if there are any left by the time they can retreat, those remainders will be in the minority. After all have fled or all have surrendered, you may go about eating or executing them at your leisure.
"Hit hard, hit fast, hit often."
"There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare."
"In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns."
"The onrush of a conquering force is like the bursting of pent-up waters into a chasm a thousand fathoms deep."
"Therefore the good fighter will be terrible in his onset and prompt in his decision."
"Let your rapidity be that of the wind, your compactness that of the forest."

Why, yes, I am a military historian and theorist, how could you tell?
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun May 26, 2019 1:27 am

It would be nice to have. or at least a way to make it so auto completing turns didn't make a player controlled army auto flee, as if you wish to continue combat, you can no longer make the trash units you dont care to micromanage fight without taking the time to.... yknow, micromanage them.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun May 26, 2019 1:30 am

Jaybeezy wrote:

Yeah
Go to "Content Settings"
stop
exit settings
go back to the battle
Beat them before they can escape. That's turn 8 for most races but turn 4 for at least one, I believe the bunnies.
It doesn't help to leave every one of their soldiers on half health but have them all escape; focus on getting them to surrender (or just eating them) one by one as fast as possible so that if there are any left by the time they can retreat, those remainders will be in the minority. After all have fled or all have surrendered, you may go about eating or executing them at your leisure.
"The onrush of a conquering force is like the bursting of pent-up waters into a chasm a thousand fathoms deep."
"Therefore the good fighter will be terrible in his onset and prompt in his decision."

It's comments like these that make me wish for a comment voting system(at least a "yeah"ing system).
Turbotowns
???

Postby jeveasy » Sun May 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Jaybeezy wrote:

Yeah
Go to "Content Settings"
stop
exit settings
go back to the battle

Honestly, this just comes off as elitist to me. In a game where there is a strong focus on modifying your own experience why shouldn't somebody want to modify or remove an aspect that hurts their enjoyment? You can't just tell someone to git gud when they have an issue with a feature especially when you're just assuming what that issue is.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jaybeezy » Sun May 26, 2019 10:43 pm

jeveasy wrote:
Honestly, this just comes off as elitist to me. In a game where there is a strong focus on modifying your own experience why shouldn't somebody want to modify or remove an aspect that hurts their enjoyment? You can't just tell someone to git gud when they have an issue with a feature especially when you're just assuming what that issue is.

I'm sorry you took it that way. It was largely a joke, in which I never said they shouldn't want to, I stated that the enemy could be prevented from fleeing by beating them first (implying that this is the only way to stop them from fleeing, which it is because there is no setting) and mentioned how many turns they had in which to accomplish this and gave a piece of simple advice. Elitist and "telling someone to git gud" would be:

"Why do you want to disable fleeing? Just beat them before they have the chance. It shouldn't be that hard, especially if your army is powerful enough to make them want to flee [implying they are just incompetent, "it's not that hard; why are you failing?"]. Just move fast and immobilize by killing, eating, or forcing-to-surrender as many enemies as possible before they get away, then finish the job with those immobilized ones. It isn't that hard if you have any idea what you're doing. Just learn to be efficient with your moves and go as fast as you can and it won't be an issue [telling them to be better, "learn to play"]. I almost never have enemies escape, you know why? Because I move fast and immobilize as many as possible, and I do that by using well-trained units with good weapons [bragging, "I know what I'm doing, unlike you"]."

But I didn't do that because that would be a rather rude and uncalled for answer to an innocent and legitimate question. I can see why you interpreted it that way though; I definitely could have been clearer about that. :wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, since I'm here, got a bug/glitch(?) to report.
So, if you set world generation to be all or mostly water, villages will end up needing land bridges so they are all connected. Problem is, whenever I do this, units treat the land bridge like water, i.e. they can't cross over it. It's as if the land bridge simply puts the texture of the land there but the programming for that tile is still set to be water. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just me?
Also, I made a map with a one-tile-wide river running through it with four bridges for troops to cross. However, the AI keeps putting armies right in the river. It IS just one wide (so it looks like a long narrow river in the updated textures), but technically the army still is sitting on a water tile. My question is, is this SUPPOSED to happen? Like fording a river? (this would make sense so I figured it's probably the case)

As an aside, are there any plans to make it possible for armies to make/change things on the strategic map? For instance, could they (for 3 MP) do a "Remove Forest" option to... well, turn the forest tile they're on into a grass tile? Maybe vice versa? Maybe they could, for 1 MP and a certain amount of gold, make an aid station where any army that ends its turn on that tile heals as if they were in a village? Maybe a raze field/plant field option around villages to weaken their income by removing farms or replant a farm that has been razed? Maybe build a bridge for 3 MP and a decent bit of gold? Heck, make a new village for like 50-100K gold?
Basically this would require an ability to change map tiles without being in map editor, and I'd imagine that would be extremely difficult to program, so I'm just asking if that's currently planned, not directly asking for it. I'm just bringing this up because, as jeveasy said, "there is a strong focus on modifying your own experience," and the ability to influence the map itself in such a way would certainly help users modify the experience and allow for even more varied playstyles than there already are.
Although, I suppose, you could technically sort of simulate this by just opening the mid-game map editor and, say, replacing a forest tile an army is on with a grass tile.
Jaybeezy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Mon May 27, 2019 3:16 am

The deal with my Succubus only doing oral vore, was probably because I also gave her pounce, and she uses THAT to vore(and I guess the AI doesn't how the pounce with the other vore types).

Yeah, they just did a bunch of vore moves, and only one was oral(another was breast, and 5 was tail).
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game