Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V09A

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Pushed out a quick little mini-version to fix some of the noted issues

09A:
fix for displaying that it couldn't load a savegame that loaded correctly if the player whose turn it was had no villages left
fixed being able to devour negative villagers
fix for dismissing causing population to drop
Can now always rehire units from village without having to build a subjugation pen

Note that this doesn't count as the next version for the map editor and allied recruiting.

Also, SilhouettiShine, I wasn't able to reproduce your AI movement bug after spending a decent amount of time trying to get it to happen so it remains unfixed for this. When I get the map editing in, I can reproduce that exact situation and see what happens.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kligor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:57 pm

Heeyyy I got a question and sorry if it was asked or has been done. Are males gonna be playable and if applicable, I can totally try my hand at the sprite work for the base body.
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:34 pm

Kligor wrote:Heeyyy I got a question and sorry if it was asked or has been done. Are males gonna be playable and if applicable, I can totally try my hand at the sprite work for the base body.

I think if you handle the sprites, they very well could implement it, not that it's MY cup o tea, so I imagine it'll also be an optional thing(Like ticking whether a race is all female, all male, or both).

(Races are in the same boat, and more of those are always welcome!(Especially since the number of races is an imbalanced 7 right now XD ))

Also, can the AI make use of subjugation pens? That'd be nice too, and could be interesting, like if the AI takes one of your villages, recruits some of YOUR race, and when you next fight that army, you could get some nice reinforcements in the form of turncoats. ^^
Last edited by Turbotowns on Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:53 pm

In other news, I think you fixed the levels, watching the AI, it definitely feels more balanced, that said, when I selected auto lvl up, I swear one of my units went up 12 health, they went from 18 to 30(not really a complaint of course, but I'm curious as to how the AI lvls up then, if, rather than choose a single attribute to gain 500% the increase compared to the other stats, is the AI algorithm more balanced throughout(though that wouldn't explain getting more than a SINGLE levels worth in one go...)).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Kligor » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:53 pm

Yeah I just figured I'd ask before doing it just incase they dont want it and yeah I figured the race saying "military gender" or something and then "male female both" and you just get a random when you recruit? Or maybe you can recruit male or female or yeah just some ideas.

EDIT (to prevent doubleposting)
I played as the bunnies cause bunny preds are awesome and I was wondering why vore was greyed out.... then I noticed the setting XD
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jazzumness » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Ranged is still pretty much better than melee in most situations
Maybe if a unit was behind cover like a house or a tree could allow them to not be shot at from the other side but also be unable to hit enemies behind it as well

Edit: getting this weird message box with nothing in it but an OK button at the beginning and end of each ai fight
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby JEDMario » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:19 pm

My game did get softlocked when I hired 4 wolves to join my 12 lizards. Then I used the clock-movement mode to engage a wolf army. Game turned black. Reloading left me unable to do anything but end my turn in strategy mode. Only fix was to exit the application. After this happened again, I decided to use numpads to move to engage the wolf army. This finally worked.
JEDMario
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:22 pm

Jazzumness wrote:Ranged is still pretty much better than melee in most situations
Maybe if a unit was behind cover like a house or a tree could allow them to not be shot at from the other side but also be unable to hit enemies behind it as well

Edit: getting this weird message box with nothing in it but an OK button at the beginning and end of each ai fight

Never got THAT before! XD

Woop! Spoke too soon, just got it myself! XD

Also, I just had a thought in relation to my corpse idea that I gave before... You said if you had sprites for it, it'd be higher up the to-do list, but you don't really have to do much of anything! You can change the eyes to Xs and grey out the sprite(like how you red out a surrendering one(and also discard the weapon as it's not like your units can collect enemy weapons(there isn't a NEED to anyway))).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:03 pm

Kligor wrote:Heeyyy I got a question and sorry if it was asked or has been done. Are males gonna be playable and if applicable, I can totally try my hand at the sprite work for the base body.

The reasons there aren't any right now: The base game didn't have them, I'm not a great artist, and I'm 100% F/F. That being said, if you create sprites for them, I'm totally happy to add them to the game as an option for people.
Turbotowns wrote:
Kligor wrote:Also, can the AI make use of subjugation pens? That'd be nice too, and could be interesting, like if the AI takes one of your villages, recruits some of YOUR race, and when you next fight that army, you could get some nice reinforcements in the form of turncoats. ^^

They do. If they consider a city to be their best bet to produce an army by a decent margin, they will build a pen and immediately build an army there. This will probably happen most often for cities deep in enemy territory, or if most of their cities have low population.

Turbotowns wrote:In other news, I think you fixed the levels, watching the AI, it definitely feels more balanced, that said, when I selected auto lvl up, I swear one of my units went up 12 health, they went from 18 to 30(not really a complaint of course, but I'm curious as to how the AI lvls up then, if, rather than choose a single attribute to gain 500% the increase compared to the other stats, is the AI algorithm more balanced throughout(though that wouldn't explain getting more than a SINGLE levels worth in one go...)).

It should be 10 points if picked, as health increases twice as fast as a normal stat, so it would be 4 from being picked, 1 from the bonus times two. Could be that it had 2 levels to spend, and one of them picked health, that would be 12 health. The actual AI levels the same way as the player, picking one point to every stat and picking a stat to get another +4.

Jazzumness wrote:Ranged is still pretty much better than melee in most situations

Yeah, it's still an ongoing process. I figured I'd let it be for a while and get a feel for how it's going. Blocking as you say might be a good idea, I was also thinking about giving melee units a bonus to hit ranged units.

The blank message box at the beginning might be the defect message box, though it sounds like it's showing up when it's not supposed to (it would be blank if there are no defections, but it's not supposed to appear in that case). Not sure what the one at the end would be. I'll look into it.

JEDMario wrote:My game did get softlocked when I hired 4 wolves to join my 12 lizards. Then I used the clock-movement mode to engage a wolf army. Game turned black. Reloading left me unable to do anything but end my turn in strategy mode. Only fix was to exit the application. After this happened again, I decided to use numpads to move to engage the wolf army. This finally worked.

Sounds like it might have gotten stuck trying to create the tactical game and errored out. I'll work on it.
Edit: If you encounter enemy units in the field that defect to your army and your army doesn't have room for the defections, it will softlock. It's fine if it happens in a village, which is what I tested. Guess I'll be releasing another patch today.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Vore War V09A

Postby LLEPAICG » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:53 pm

I have a suggestion: As the number of races is imbalanced at the moment how about a scylla girls race. By the way the game has become really good since I last played it (was version 05A and I already liked that a lot, I also already thought it won't be conitnued)
LLEPAICG
New to the forum

Postby zenox81 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:40 pm

I should've taken a screen shot of this, but I somehow ended up fighting two wolves lvs 59 and 63 both with 150+ in all stats except for hp which was 300+. The last time I faught them they were lv 1. I did change the exp per lv to be 20, and no increment exp. I'm going to assume that had something to do with it.
zenox81
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:41 pm

LLEPAICG wrote:I have a suggestion: As the number of races is imbalanced at the moment how about a scylla girls race. By the way the game has become really good since I last played it (was version 05A and I already liked that a lot, I also already thought it won't be conitnued)

Thank you for the compliment. If someone supplies me with art, I'll add them.

zenox81 wrote:I should've taken a screen shot of this, but I somehow ended up fighting two wolves lvs 59 and 63 both with 150+ in all stats except for hp which was 300+. The last time I faught them they were lv 1. I did change the exp per lv to be 20, and no increment exp. I'm going to assume that had something to do with it.

If that's on at least the 40th turn, I could see that being possible for 20/0 exp. If its before that I'd start to wonder about it.
Last edited by Aurilika on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V09B

Postby Aurilika » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:44 pm

09B released. Sorry to release twice in one day, but I wanted to get rid of that softlock as fast as possible, and I ended up with a few other fixes at the same time.

09B:
Fix for If you encounter enemy units in the field that defect to your army and your army doesn't have room for the defections, it will softlock (it worked fine in villages).
Fix for defected units occasionally showing up on both sides, or neither side.
Fix for defecting garrison units and no units from any armies causing an empty messagebox to show up instead of displaying the amount of garrison that defected.
Minor fix for empty save games displaying odd information.

Right now defected units in excess of your original army size disappear after the battle if you're not in a village (in a village they get added to the hireable list). I plan to address this in the next content patch.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby KuroTenko » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:17 am

I'm actually working on androgynous/male body bases with wight gain, from there its up to Aurilika to add them. Should be done soon. Would be nice to have multiple sprite sheets to choose from though.
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby Kligor » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:05 am

KuroTenko wrote:

I'm actually working on androgynous/male body bases with wight gain, from there its up to Aurilika to add them. Should be done soon. Would be nice to have multiple sprite sheets to choose from though.

Lel Ill just post my current ones. I tried to sorta follow the same style as the originals but goooddddd I wanna make the legs less large.
Either way tho, this is what I came up with as a sorta rough draft.
https://i.imgur.com/pIvGtYD.png
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V09B

Postby KuroTenko » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:39 am

Ok! Finally done, been working on this all week. I made a complex sprite sheet that includes male parts, and 6 levels of weights for the basic races. Technically, the androgynous base body could be used by itself as weight level 0. When combined, weight level 4 is the equal to the base character currently in game.

Row 5 is hip sizes, Row 6 is a shadow mask for the breasts, Row 7 is penis parts, and breast are in row 11 following the bellies.

Didn't get around to similar sheets for lizards and slimes...

To all the talented spriters on this thread, please feel free to take the sheet and do whatever with it.

Any thoughts/improvements?
Attachments
sprites2WG+M.png
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby KuroTenko » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:44 am

Kligor wrote:Lel Ill just post my current ones. I tried to sorta follow the same style as the originals but goooddddd I wanna make the legs less large.

Those are good too! Way more simple than what I did :P
Character legs are huge lol, reducing the size required adjusting most of the other sprites on the sheet.
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby Kligor » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:33 am

KuroTenko wrote:
Kligor wrote:Lel Ill just post my current ones. I tried to sorta follow the same style as the originals but goooddddd I wanna make the legs less large.

Those are good too! Way more simple than what I did :P
Character legs are huge lol, reducing the size required adjusting most of the other sprites on the sheet.

Lol! Yeah I was considering making a new sheet but then I thought about it on a technical level. I figured it'd be easiest to work with a slightly modified body and somewhat broader shoulders unless you actually made it work. Though those also look really nice!
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby LLEPAICG » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:19 am

Aurilika wrote:
LLEPAICG wrote:I have a suggestion: As the number of races is imbalanced at the moment how about a scylla girls race. By the way the game has become really good since I last played it (was version 05A and I already liked that a lot, I also already thought it won't be conitnued)

I would really like to supply you with art but unfortunately my art skills are... nonexistent...
LLEPAICG
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:21 am

LLEPAICG wrote:
Aurilika wrote:

I would really like to supply you with art but unfortunately my art skills are... nonexistent...

So are mine, but did you see my slime sprites? They can hardly be called professional, but they're decent enough and got in!
I would suggest just trying to edit the base sprites and see where it gets you, who knows, they might turn out better than you expect(and if nothing else, if you WANT art skills, you need to practice anyway.)
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game