Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V12

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Really loving the changes so far, I like the Vagrants a lot. Are there plans for any variety to the monster pack units such as different creatures?

Edit: Also maybe some more belly sizes for the current Vagrant units might be nice.

They're not really intended to ever eat more than two units, since they're supposed to be light and floaty. That being said I do intend to make more monsters, it's mostly just a matter of lacking in skill and motivation. The Vagrants were easily one of the most simple designs I could think of besides literally just regular slimes or a gelatinous cube, both of which would kinda conflict with the Slime race already present(well that or we have them as like, a purchasable unit for the slimes, which would honestly work fairly well with one of my long term plans), so Vagrants came first.
There's two to three other ones I've been thinking of that I can probably manage without too much of a fuss, but it will be a bit. I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow so I'm not really going to have much time to work on any of them. That and of course I've still got to work on the extra stuff for the Crypters, like new hairs and properly fitting clothes.
Last edited by DollyFailFail on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby komaru » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:01 pm

New changes look really good so far! I only just got a chance to start a game, but quite enjoying the changes that V12 brings. I did notice that the clothes that remained after digesting someone seem to stopped appearing, in V11D too, not sure if a bug, or just maybe a setting I missed somewhere.
komaru
???

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Aurilika wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Really loving the changes so far, I like the Vagrants a lot. Are there plans for any variety to the monster pack units such as different creatures?

Edit: Also maybe some more belly sizes for the current Vagrant units might be nice.

Yeah, other monster types will eventually make it in, Vagrants were just the first step. They can only hold 2 units and have the normal 4 sprites for each size of belly... Actually I guess if they level up they can hold more, I made them not pick stomach, but they'd still get the 1 point every level, hmm.

I think they should pick stomach tbh, it's nice to see some non-anthro vore being put into the game now so it would be nice to see that being a possible addition. Might not be a bad idea to add Vagrants into pure tactical as an option too once there's more variety perhaps.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V12A

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:07 pm

12A Released, I put out all of the fires I could find. I also added an exception(error) logger to the game as well, so if there's a mysterious error people can send me the log from that and I'll have a better idea of where to look. There's several other fixes that I've got in mind for the short term, including the army strength thing underestimating the strength of the vagrants.

12A:
Fixed bug that caused the last row and column of each map to be invisible, but walkable. (I'd fixed that before but it decided to rear its head again in a new form)
Fixed bug where tactical AI didn't take effect properly when doing a midgame switch.
Tweaks to the slime queen sprite
Fixed so that you can't add or remove races to set maps, as the villages were already placed, all this did was open the possibility of errors
Added an exception logger, that saves the data for any exceptions (unexpected errors) to a file, so that I can fix them. It also creates a message box when encountering the first exception.
Fixed a bug where the add races screen would be messed up if you had tried to load a game from the previous version, or the broken tutorial first.
Vagrants now no longer run out of gold, and they have a maximum number of armies based on map size.
Corpses auto-consumed at the end of battle when edible corpses are now add to the unit's digestion count, and weight gain if it's on.
Map editor icons fixed
Tutorial was fixed to properly use the new version.
Fixed bug where if an edible corpse and an enemy were in the same square, it would sometimes eat the corpse first instead of the enemy.
Fixed the hidden button in army exchange panel

komaru wrote:I did notice that the clothes that remained after digesting someone seem to stopped appearing, in V11D too, not sure if a bug, or just maybe a setting I missed somewhere.

Hmm, I'll look into that, maybe I made a mistake when I rearranged things and forgot to notice that they stopped working
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Ooooh new upda- Oh. Game told me to give this to you. This is on 32 bit, I'll try 64 right now.

Spoiler: show
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
ClothingBase.SetBaseColors (CompleteSprite sprite, Actor_Unit actor) (at <150ddf135d084240a0bbd53dfc5f494f>:0)
CompleteSprite.UpdateSprite () (at <150ddf135d084240a0bbd53dfc5f494f>:0)
UIUnitSprite.UpdateSprites (Actor_Unit actor) (at <150ddf135d084240a0bbd53dfc5f494f>:0)
CreateStrategicGame.BuildRaceDisplay () (at <150ddf135d084240a0bbd53dfc5f494f>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <ff9aad6778ce4321ac2cd4e0b6aa1603>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <ff9aad6778ce4321ac2cd4e0b6aa1603>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <e8fea133c8d94cd9980bbc7513ba547f>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <e8fea133c8d94cd9980bbc7513ba547f>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <e8fea133c8d94cd9980bbc7513ba547f>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <e8fea133c8d94cd9980bbc7513ba547f>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:11 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:I think they should pick stomach tbh, it's nice to see some non-anthro vore being put into the game now so it would be nice to see that being a possible addition. Might not be a bad idea to add Vagrants into pure tactical as an option too once there's more variety perhaps.

Well I mean, they've only got four levels of stomach sprite(enough for two people), and I'm not going to be making any more sprites for it(both because eventually it starts looking weird to have such a massive bulb on top of the relatively small Jelly, and because from a lore perspective they're supposed to be light enough to float through the air, and them being that light while carrying two whole people is already pushing it), but I guess if you or somebody else wants to make more belly sprites it's not too hard, and I don't really have any say what you can and can't do.

Aurilika wrote:12A Released, I put out all of the fires I could find.

Did you see my response to the message about the Crypters?
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:15 pm

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:Ooooh new upda- Oh. Game told me to give this to you. This is on 32 bit, I'll try 64 right now.

If it does the same thing on 64, I've got a fix I'll have you try

failbird105 wrote:Did you see my response to the message about the Crypters?

Yeah, I'll make those changes soon.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:18 pm

It did the same thing...big sigh...
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:19 pm

thanks for your hard work^^

work all for me right now. currently my fav game ^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:It did the same thing...big sigh...

Okay, I just tried as hard as I could to get to happen and it did, so I can fix it now. It's related to what options are set.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:35 pm

whats again the last option by show battle of ai? was this not a option for watch the battle but all time i can skip it too? because it looks same like the option 1 over it xD

again the random ai/vagabound on the map.....sometimes them not move and i get a odd message D: it work again after i do the autosave loading. but thats not like it should being ?
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Aurilika, Oh! So are there a set of options I need to pick or vise versa?
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore War V12B

Postby Aurilika » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:56 pm

V12B Released, this one is tiny and fixes a bug that I had a little trouble tracking down right away. (Removed hotfix as it was outdated)

12B:
Fixed not being able to add races to a game if you had team colored clothing enabled (it would try to get the empire's color which didn't exist and fail)

Ger-Fox wrote:whats again the last option by show battle of ai? was this not a option for watch the battle but all time i can skip it too? because it looks same like the option 1 over it xD
again the random ai/vagabound on the map.....sometimes them not move and i get a odd message D: it work again after i do the autosave loading. but thats not like it should being ?

Last option is watching AI battles and showing stats, but the stats screen automatically closes after something like 20 seconds. Right now their army strength is underestimated so they'll only try to attack really weak armies. I plan to fix that, and also make them randomly wander around as well if there's nothing close by.
Last edited by Aurilika on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:00 pm

well what i mean also is that here was a odd message at my first fight with them. it was a 2-3 lines text ....sadly i not have a screen from it atm . them also stuck in them battle turn. so i needed to reload with autosave so them work correct again.

also i figure out that all ai buy max garnision so soon possible. a bit odd xD
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:16 pm

You know, my talk about focusing on simpler designs has actually inspired me. I think I'm going to do something that I had intended to hold off on until later.
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:16 pm

Hey, it worked! Thanks for spending the time to help me with my issue, now I can finally play the game! Income is working just fine now! Can't wait to dig into this!
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ger-Fox » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:58 pm

somehow i see alot destroy towns now xD them max them garnision and in the end them destroy them very fast because all time here is defence. maybe here should be a limit?
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:also i figure out that all ai buy max garnision so soon possible. a bit odd xD

I noticed that too, it's probably so they can have a full defense before they go on the offensive(excluding their initial army with their leader).
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:52 pm

Now the editor's all fixed!... With the exception of it looking like vagrants spawned ON each village. XD

Oop! Caveat... My map remembered that it's dimensions are even numbered and thus added a line of water to the top and right of the map, when I tried to resize them down, 2 human villages near the top of the map broke(and I couldn't replace them(place a grass or forest tile then place the village tile))! Okay... resizing JUST the right worked(I guess villages(or their farms) can't border the map anymore)... Guess I'll HAVE to update my map(for the thread) now... ^^;

Also... units still only cost 3 gold per turn... right? Seems like they cost 4 now.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Jazzumness » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 pm

Increasing gold generation per city now works nice
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game