Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V12B

Postby Aurilika » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:24 am

failbird105 wrote:I find it strange that the humans don't have weight gain when their sprites are literally the same as the default races just without the extra bits.

When I went in there to try and fix it, I realized it already works fine for them.

Turbotowns wrote:I noticed in the credits you didn't put your own name(Though you refer to yourself in the first person using pronouns).
Also, is the AI Supposed to save up thousands of gold while they have an income of 300+ gold per turn and only 3 armies?

Well, it felt like it would be weird to put myself in the credits section, but I guess that might've been me being odd, as other people seem to do that.

As for the AI, I guess I need to change it around, it's still trying to keep money around for paying for garrisons and hiring them. Right now it tries to keep its army upkeep to around 40% of its base income if it doesn't have the strongest army, and 60% if it does. (was basically designed to leave more money for rebuilding if the enemy had a stronger army)

VLover552 wrote:Amazing beyond words game!!! Love this game and all the progress going into it and if I'm allowed to make a suggestion maybe add a save character preset feature so that if you make a character that you like to put as leader for example for each army you don't have to remake it each time, if this is already in the game then never mind and how do I do that?

Thank you! No, that function isn't in there right now, but as the amount of customization grows that might be a nice feature to have, I'll add it to the list.

Ger-Fox wrote:i would love to have more leaders or heroes who can be revived. just 1 via army and the more you want the more them cost ( 100/200/400/800 etc) just one is sometimes bad xD for me^^ i love kinda make 4 -5 chars (my oc) and i love to use each one as a own leader who rule a army xD and when them die i can revive them

I've got some ideas on that front, but it there's other stuff I want to get done first before I get to them.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V12C

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:29 am

Are the ideas I mentioned in the past for additional digestion sound options something further in the updates? Was just curious since it wasn't in the short-to-mid term plans so I would assume that's a later feature?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Njux » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Hey guys found something while browsing another site

Spoiler: show
https://e621.net/post/show/1645425/2017-anthro-balls-belly-big_breasts-bovine-breasts

Maybe when we get the hybrids?
Njux
Somewhat familiar

Postby RichardDix » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Here is a quick suggestion that may improve auto-leveling. Where the title of "soldier"/"leader" is, have arrows there or in the customization screen that allow you to set a "class" for each unit. Each class prioritizes different stats, for example: soldiers prioritize auto-picking health/strength/defense from the random stat gains, while archers prioritze dexterity/speed/defense. I'm asking, because I have a specialized "eat-and-run" unit that I create from low stat units, and the auto-level prioritizes giving them dex/str/etc. instead of stomach/voracity/etc..
edit*
This has nothing to do with the suggestion. I've just realised that "Dine-and-dash" sounds much better than "eat-and-run".
RichardDix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ger-Fox » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:40 pm

what i would love to see is where and who battle

like... give the armys names or numbers "leader army" or "army nr 1 / 2 / 3" etc or custom names. "brigate cat" or whatever

towns have numbers or names whats fine

what bother me sometimes.....is that i not know where or who attack xD i play with 100x100 maps and sometimes wonders where them attack random and then need think "where is this.." so i would love when here is somehow to see what town them attack or army^^
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:09 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:what i would love to see is where and who battle

like... give the armys names or numbers "leader army" or "army nr 1 / 2 / 3" etc or custom names. "brigate cat" or whatever

towns have numbers or names whats fine

what bother me sometimes.....is that i not know where or who attack xD i play with 100x100 maps and sometimes wonders where them attack random and then need think "where is this.." so i would love when here is somehow to see what town them attack or army^^

Actually you may have a point. In my playthrough, i was confused of who's attacking me and who's not attacking me (I have Show AI vs AI battle activated).
Maybe like a Prompt message that "The [Attacker name/empire] is attacking [Defender name/empire]", or just simply rolls the camera towards the collided battles between two troops or attacking a Villager/Capital. Like simply highlighting a target symbol before battle.

Or, what i said with the prompt message, you can select "OK" to begin battle manually, or "Let AI take over" to have the AI to control the entire battle. But i'm just merely speculating of the system behind it.
Though, there's some conflict between Player Vs Player and Player Vs AI. If two players attacking eachother, then they would have one prompt message and the "Let AI take over" will be disabled. Unless if there's like an option to toggle whenever the AI always takes over the Tactical battle while you take over the strategic battle.

I'll probably draw a fake screenshot to see what i mean.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:34 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Are the ideas I mentioned in the past for additional digestion sound options something further in the updates? Was just curious since it wasn't in the short-to-mid term plans so I would assume that's a later feature?

Yeah, I'll get to them probably in the next week or so.

RichardDix wrote:Here is a quick suggestion that may improve auto-leveling. Where the title of "soldier"/"leader" is, have arrows there or in the customization screen that allow you to set a "class" for each unit. Each class prioritizes different stats, for example: soldiers prioritize auto-picking health/strength/defense from the random stat gains, while archers prioritze dexterity/speed/defense. I'm asking, because I have a specialized "eat-and-run" unit that I create from low stat units, and the auto-level prioritizes giving them dex/str/etc. instead of stomach/voracity/etc..
edit*
This has nothing to do with the suggestion. I've just realised that "Dine-and-dash" sounds much better than "eat-and-run".

Yeah, that's a good idea. After all I end up using auto-level ups a lot of the time when I play except for a few high leveled units, and this gives more flexibility

Ger-Fox wrote:what i would love to see is where and who battle
like... give the armys names or numbers "leader army" or "army nr 1 / 2 / 3" etc or custom names. "brigate cat" or whatever...

Yeah, I'll work on that, it shouldn't be hard to do, and it would be helpful.

SilhouettiShine wrote:Actually you may have a point. In my playthrough, i was confused of who's attacking me and who's not attacking me (I have Show AI vs AI battle activated).
Maybe like a Prompt message that "The [Attacker name/empire] is attacking [Defender name/empire]", or just simply rolls the camera towards the collided battles between two troops or attacking a Villager/Capital. Like simply highlighting a target symbol before battle.
Or, what i said with the prompt message, you can select "OK" to begin battle manually, or "Let AI take over" to have the AI to control the entire battle. But i'm just merely speculating of the system behind it.

Those are both good ideas, and I'll implement them both soon. I'll have it show the area where a battle is going to occur before it happens when there's a human player involved, that would help keep things clear.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V12D

Postby Aurilika » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Didn't have much time today, but wanted to get out one more little mini-patch to deal with some bugs surrounding the Vagrants. If you had a save game that was compromised by them, this will probably allow you to play on without issues. I'll have more time this weekend, and will start working on some more features and improvements.

12D:
Fixed the bug that occasionally caused Vagrants' AI to get stuck and cycle endlessly.
Fixed bug where Vagrant weapons would get messed up when updated between versions.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby terrace » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:32 am

Just wanted to ask a question regarding all of the different stats, since I'm pretty sure I know what they all do at this point, but I just want some clarification, so please correct me in case I'm wrong on some of the mechanics (of course assuming there isn't an in-game explanation I missed at some point like the big doofus I am)

Strength: Affects Melee Damage and Hit Chance

Dexterity: Affects Ranged Damage and Hit Chance (as well as Evasiveness, maybe?)

Speed: Affects Movement Distance (and possibly Evasiveness)

Defense: Either reduces damage received, or increases Evasiveness. Might also allow resistance to being swallowed and/or digested

Health: Obvious, how much Health a unit has. Might not have any effects besides that?

Will: Reduces chance that a unit will succumb to being swallowed or digested (might also have something to do with that 'Units Defect if they see fellow members of their race on the other side' mechanic I saw mentioned on one of the pages in this thread, but I haven't seen it happen in-game yet)

Voracity: How good a unit is at swallowing enemies, and possibly digesting them

Stomach: How many enemies a unit can fit in their stomach, as well as digestion strength maybe?

Leadership: No idea what this does. Maybe a stat boost to all units in the same army as the Leader, or possibly a bonus that applies to the Leader alone (to always make them a cut above regular units)?

Also this game is surprisingly addictive. Stayed up WAY too late playing it for what only felt like an hour
terrace
New to the forum

Postby Netjak » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 am

terrace wrote:Just wanted to ask a question regarding all of the different stats, since I'm pretty sure I know what they all do at this point, but I just want some clarification, so please correct me in case I'm wrong on some of the mechanics (of course assuming there isn't an in-game explanation I missed at some point like the big doofus I am)

There is indeed a in-game explanation for what all the stats do. Simply click ESC, then all the way to the top there is your Help Screen, which will give you more subcategories to click in on, among them stats.
Netjak
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:15 am

for my small idea with the town and army list.....

how about we have in game a history thing list where you see all past attacks and defences. ai and your own. so you can replay them and also scroll to the place where it was

ps: can we pls get a option for maps while gaming to activate this Vagrants? not just by create the map? would be awesome. dont want activate them all time with a new map . i play a 100x100 map and its kinda annoing for a bug to start without them and then get fix and need restart map because them then work again and maybe in next patch them not work so i need again start new and so on xD this why i hope here will be a option in next patch^^

ps2 : a option in towns : buy all buildings what is left /// also a global buy of all towns you own "buy mill in every town " save alot time^^

ps3 : bug or wanted? buy bow/or any other weapon = 1 more. sell bow or any other weapon = 3 less. so i sell 3 all time or 2 or 1 so far i just have 2 or 1....but all time it want up to 3 sell.... well here is also a idea why we have not +1 + 5 +10 options to buy^^
edit : now it sell 12 instant...wtf xD / edit 2 : i figure out the more garnision you have...the more you sell..now i sell 22 instant....xD
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:16 am

terrace wrote:Just wanted to ask a question regarding all of the different stats, since I'm pretty sure I know what they all do at this point, but I just want some clarification, so please correct me in case I'm wrong on some of the mechanics (of course assuming there isn't an in-game explanation I missed at some point like the big doofus I am)

Strength: Affects Melee Damage and Hit Chance

Dexterity: Affects Ranged Damage and Hit Chance (as well as Evasiveness, maybe?)

Speed: Affects Movement Distance (and possibly Evasiveness)

Defense: Either reduces damage received, or increases Evasiveness. Might also allow resistance to being swallowed and/or digested

Health: Obvious, how much Health a unit has. Might not have any effects besides that?

Will: Reduces chance that a unit will succumb to being swallowed or digested (might also have something to do with that 'Units Defect if they see fellow members of their race on the other side' mechanic I saw mentioned on one of the pages in this thread, but I haven't seen it happen in-game yet)

Voracity: How good a unit is at swallowing enemies, and possibly digesting them

Stomach: How many enemies a unit can fit in their stomach, as well as digestion strength maybe?

Leadership: No idea what this does. Maybe a stat boost to all units in the same army as the Leader, or possibly a bonus that applies to the Leader alone (to always make them a cut above regular units)?

Also this game is surprisingly addictive. Stayed up WAY too late playing it for what only felt like an hour

Str: yup

dex: yup

speed: amount of mp, allowing more movement for that unit

defense: reduces enemy hit chance for weapon attack, does not decrease damage taken if hey hit

health: only affects health, however leveling it up increases by 10 health i think? if not then 5. upgrades by 2 every level if it doesnt get picked

Will: reduces enemy swallow chance against this unit

voracity: increases the unit's swallow chance against enemy units, and helps eat units who are less injured

Stomach: increases capacity. every 10 units of this stat allows 1 more person to be in the belly. also increased digestion speed/damage

Leadership: increases the stats of everyone in the army by a bit

in short, only defense affects hit chance/evasiveness. so leveling dex on a melee character is kinda moot.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:38 am

Will surrender isn't implemented yet, and, on a second thought, probably shouldn't, for player, at least. Weaker armies surrendering to player should be okay (as it opens up the option to "have fun" with them, as i previously mentioned).

Alright, here goes. A result of over two weeks of very slow work (i know, i'm sorry, I have other stuff to do so I can truly work on this only during weekends). This is more for ironing out kinks/guidelines for custom races, as other races lack this treatment and it'll create one hell of a syle clash, not to mention complete lack of clothing. So as of now this is on V04 level (ho boy, that takes me back). So until I redraw other bodytypes this way implementation can wait.

Important Changes:
-There are now 5 grades of fat for female and 5 for male characters. It's less, but grades are now more distinct.
-Added furry head. Furries have different body colors (duh) always have furred hands/feet and have belly overlay like lizards. Furriness could be implemented as percentage, same as male and futa sliders.
-Hair now has backlayer, so it doesn't do silly stuff layering-wise.
-RIP boobshadows, you were inconvenent and unnecessary.
-Now there are abs!
-Added squished boob variations for certain (future) clothing

Detailed breakdown (number by number) is in the spoiler.
1-2: The baseline body.
3-4: Normal head
5-6: Furry head (oh shit i forgot, whites on furry head should be the separate layer and should be belly color)
7-13: Various ears (cat, human, dog, fox, wolf, bunny, tiger... wait, tiger?)
14-24: Female hairstyles
16, 18, 24: Backlayer hair (to 15, 17 AND 22, and 23 respectively)
25-31: Male hairstyles
32-39: Eyes (sclera are on respective A-layers, so 32 corresponds to 32A and so on)
33-41: I HAVE MANAGED TO FUCK UP EVEN SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THE NUMBER ORDER. Good job, me. Anyway, those are mouths and they come after eyes.
42-49: Weapons. Male models could require shifting each weapon 2 pixels to the right as they have wider shoulders.
50-53(A): Grades of fat (female).
54-57(A): Grades of fat (male).
58-73: What we're here for and the main source of my suffering. drawing bellies is surprisingly hard.
74(A): Furry hands/feet (female)
75(A): Furry hands/feet (male)
76-79: Furry belly (female)
80-83: Furry belly (male)

Privates:
So as I said boobshadow is gone and honestly I assembled a couple of sprites and there isn't much difference. if there is, i'll think of something.

So we have 9 dicks, then new addition - abs, then 8 boob sizes. There are some stray pixels to clean up but overall it's working.

Generally layers should now go (back to front)
-Backhair
-Ears/tail
-Weapon
-Body
-Eyes/mouth (oh right mouth needs to disappear for "mouth open" animation but it's easy to do)
-Front hair
-Furry arms
-lower body clothing
-Belly
-Breasts
-Upper body clothing

That's it. I think i have mentioned everything. Now onwards, to work on other races!
Attachments
sproots guide.png
privates.png
privates.png (11.42 KiB) Viewed 815 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:for my small idea with the town and army list.....

how about we have in game a history thing list where you see all past attacks and defences. ai and your own. so you can replay them and also scroll to the place where it was

ps: can we pls get a option for maps while gaming to activate this Vagrants? not just by create the map? would be awesome. dont want activate them all time with a new map . i play a 100x100 map and its kinda annoing for a bug to start without them and then get fix and need restart map because them then work again and maybe in next patch them not work so i need again start new and so on xD this why i hope here will be a option in next patch^^

ps2 : a option in towns : buy all buildings what is left /// also a global buy of all towns you own "buy mill in every town " save alot time^^

ps3 : bug or wanted? buy bow/or any other weapon = 1 more. sell bow or any other weapon = 3 less. so i sell 3 all time or 2 or 1 so far i just have 2 or 1....but all time it want up to 3 sell.... well here is also a idea why we have not +1 + 5 +10 options to buy^^
edit : now it sell 12 instant...wtf xD / edit 2 : i figure out the more garnision you have...the more you sell..now i sell 22 instant....xD

A combat history would be easy, I'll stick that in the list. Replaying combat would be more difficult and would require some structure changes, so I wouldn't be doing that anytime soon.

Yeah, I'll make a way to turn Vagrants on and off, and probably some other values as well.

A buy all buildings button would be pretty easy to add, so I'll go ahead and do that. The buy building of type, I feel would be even more useful (making sure you have trainers in all your cities for the extra xp, etc.), so I'll add that as well.

That's definitely a bug on the selling of weapons and I'll fix it.

GreenSlime wrote:Alright, here goes. A result of over two weeks of very slow work (i know, i'm sorry, I have other stuff to do so I can truly work on this only during weekends). This is more for ironing out kinks/guidelines for custom races, as other races lack this treatment and it'll create one hell of a syle clash, not to mention complete lack of clothing. So as of now this is on V04 level (ho boy, that takes me back). So until I redraw other bodytypes this way implementation can wait.

Looks good so far! As you say implementation can wait, I'll keep working on my backlog of features and fixes.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby mudkip01 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:54 pm

With those new hair sprites coming out could we possibly get more hair colors like purple, light blue, blue, and a lighter green?
mudkip01
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm

GreenSlime wrote:

Will surrender isn't implemented yet, and, on a second thought, probably shouldn't, for player, at least. Weaker armies surrendering to player should be okay (as it opens up the option to "have fun" with them, as i previously mentioned).

Alright, here goes. A result of over two weeks of very slow work (i know, i'm sorry, I have other stuff to do so I can truly work on this only during weekends). This is more for ironing out kinks/guidelines for custom races, as other races lack this treatment and it'll create one hell of a syle clash, not to mention complete lack of clothing. So as of now this is on V04 level (ho boy, that takes me back). So until I redraw other bodytypes this way implementation can wait.

Important Changes:
-There are now 5 grades of fat for female and 5 for male characters. It's less, but grades are now more distinct.
-Added furry head. Furries have different body colors (duh) always have furred hands/feet and have belly overlay like lizards. Furriness could be implemented as percentage, same as male and futa sliders.
-Hair now has backlayer, so it doesn't do silly stuff layering-wise.
-RIP boobshadows, you were inconvenent and unnecessary.
-Now there are abs!
-Added squished boob variations for certain (future) clothing

Detailed breakdown (number by number) is in the spoiler.
1-2: The baseline body.
3-4: Normal head
5-6: Furry head (oh shit i forgot, whites on furry head should be the separate layer and should be belly color)
7-13: Various ears (cat, human, dog, fox, wolf, bunny, tiger... wait, tiger?)
14-24: Female hairstyles
16, 18, 24: Backlayer hair (to 15, 17 AND 22, and 23 respectively)
25-31: Male hairstyles
32-39: Eyes (sclera are on respective A-layers, so 32 corresponds to 32A and so on)
33-41: I HAVE MANAGED TO FUCK UP EVEN SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THE NUMBER ORDER. Good job, me. Anyway, those are mouths and they come after eyes.
42-49: Weapons. Male models could require shifting each weapon 2 pixels to the right as they have wider shoulders.
50-53(A): Grades of fat (female).
54-57(A): Grades of fat (male).
58-73: What we're here for and the main source of my suffering. drawing bellies is surprisingly hard.
74(A): Furry hands/feet (female)
75(A): Furry hands/feet (male)
76-79: Furry belly (female)
80-83: Furry belly (male)

Privates:
So as I said boobshadow is gone and honestly I assembled a couple of sprites and there isn't much difference. if there is, i'll think of something.

So we have 9 dicks, then new addition - abs, then 8 boob sizes. There are some stray pixels to clean up but overall it's working.

Generally layers should now go (back to front)
-Backhair
-Ears/tail
-Weapon
-Body
-Eyes/mouth (oh right mouth needs to disappear for "mouth open" animation but it's easy to do)
-Front hair
-Furry arms
-lower body clothing
-Belly
-Breasts
-Upper body clothing

That's it. I think i have mentioned everything. Now onwards, to work on other races!

What about hair that covers the eyes?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:28 pm

white hair with pink/purple hair tip? black hair with purple hair tips?
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GreenSlime » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:54 pm

What about hair that covers the eyes?

Oh, right. Will add it later.

white hair with pink/purple hair tip? black hair with purple hair tips?

Could be done with extra "front hair" layer.
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:30 pm

The lizard's leader clothing doesn't cover the nipples, which makes it kinda hard to use clothing to hide everyone's naughty nudeness which is the whole reason i'm using clothes in the first place :/
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SquishySofty » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:47 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:The lizard's leader clothing doesn't cover the nipples, which makes it kinda hard to use clothing to hide everyone's naughty nudeness which is the whole reason i'm using clothes in the first place :/

The game originally used without clothing, so i'm not sure if "No nudity" is the only solution for the entire game, while the game is solely for nudity and vore.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game