Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V16D

Postby Aurilika » Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Jazzumness wrote:Finally managed to get a save where the skip battle button froze the game.
Once again it isn't really consistent
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k7g4xjszj ... e.sav/file

So, looking at the save game, I tried a few times to get it to happen and didn't, the longest pause I saw was 7 seconds. That being said, you're using the legacy tactical AI, which wasn't handling some situations as efficiently as the current AI, so I'll do a quick sweep through it for performance reasons.

Jazzumness wrote:Sorry If im posting too much but im pretty sure I know exactly why the skip battle button stalls
If you have auto surrender on and an enemy surrenders with something in its stomach, it doesn't digest it
the AI will prioritize eating surrendered units if they are able to vore instead of killing them.
So what happens is the enemy that surrendered with something in its stomach is too big to be eaten by any of the other AI
But the AI wont finish them because it wants to eat them so the battle just goes on forever.

This threw me because I was pretty sure they still digest and had to test it in game, but they do. If you eat a unit and then surrender, it still digests normally. I also tested with a unit taking a hit and causing it to surrender and it still digested its prey normally. Unless it's a bug specifically relating to skipped battles and auto-surrender. I'm thinking it's more likely to do with the legacy tactical AI not knowing how to properly handle some situation, so I'll do a sweep for that as well.

Edit: Got a decent size speed increase and found what I think was the issue (it was an issue that caused a freeze anyway). It was the legacy AI with a unit trying to random walk and being trapped and not having the proper logic to cancel trying to do it but instead forever repeat it trying to move. Ran 102 skipped battles on that save without any issues after that, the longest battle was ~3.5 seconds.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:34 am

Well, I've made significant progress on the next patch but it's not quite ready to release yet. I will almost certainly be able to release it tomorrow evening. It started out as just a quick patch to fix the bugs and add in a few of the small feature requests, but it's gotten enough stuff in there that I'm actually debating releasing it as V17, though I'll probably just have it as 16E and consider it my launching board to V17.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Estee » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:04 am

You're so quick with these updates I can actually skip some to download the one after without having too long of a wait.
Estee
Participator

Postby Orosaki » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:06 am

well i guess now that we have a bunch of monster races we can have a survival mode where every race is on one team and they just try to survive against increasingly more powerful monsters.

Would be nice to add for those not into the strategy game aspect and prefer more survival, and also offers up a different playstyle without really changing things to much.

I believe a good number of games add in a survive for as long as you can mode.
If anyone tells me i fell from heaven, i'll tell them i scraped my knee crawling out of hell.
And if anyone asks I'm clearly the devil.
Orosaki
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:53 pm

How is the "strength" calculated? Cause I'm Pretty sure the squad of 9 sharks that wiped out an entire horde of crypters(full 32)... Isn't merely "Fair"(9).

Orosaki wrote:well i guess now that we have a bunch of monster races we can have a survival mode where every race is on one team and they just try to survive against increasingly more powerful monsters.

Would be nice to add for those not into the strategy game aspect and prefer more survival, and also offers up a different playstyle without really changing things to much.

We might be able to set that up ourselves manually already...

GreenSlime wrote:Since i have a habit of disappearing into cosmic void for lengthy periods of time, here's some sketches/sort-of-roadmap of things i'm working on. Don't mind the shadow catgirl, she's here for scale since i seem to have misplaced my banana.

Love'n the look of those "dark plasma" beings at the bottom.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Aurilika » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:13 am

Orosaki wrote:well i guess now that we have a bunch of monster races we can have a survival mode where every race is on one team and they just try to survive against increasingly more powerful monsters.

Yeah, that might work pretty well.

Turbotowns wrote:How is the "strength" calculated? Cause I'm Pretty sure the squad of 9 sharks that wiped out an entire horde of crypters(full 32)... Isn't merely "Fair"(9).

Yeah, the strength is in need of revamp. It's currently based on the level and quantity of troops. So troops that are strong for their level are counted the same as troops that are weak for their level. The Vagrants actually count as extra, but I needed to do that for the other monster races as well to try and band-aid the system, but at some point I may need a better system, but it's tricky to try and math it out.

16E Released

As I said before, many small features and bug fixes. Ran out of time to get all of the small features in, but they'll just be added to the next patch. If there's bugs I'll put out a mini-patch tomorrow. I'm happy with the Army meeting feature (its the bottom option in the watch ai battles dropdown in the options menu), it looks like this if you have it on.

BattleReport.jpg

I need to make the picture of the battle location a bit bigger. All of the information is just from tooltips so it doesn't give too much away. It serves to make AI battles more visible. I'm probably going to use it all the time as it is, but let me know if you have any ideas for improvements to it. That picture-in-picture display will get reused for notifications. I could also do like a mini-camera that follows AI movement around, but it probably makes more sense to use the normal camera for that.

I tried the simple way to allow for easy save editing, but it turned out to not be practical. (It exported it to a text file, but it took somewhere over a minute (I ended up canceling it) to load even a simple map)

So next is finishing up some of the small features, then adding the feral wolves and cowgirls, and working on the random part of the racial traits.

16E:
Added an option to have a prompt every time two armies meet asking if you want to watch that battle with some information. It automatically skips this if you're the one attacking.
Added an option to skip monster vs monster battles, even if you have it set to watch them.
Made the remaining units in tactical keep track of garrison units vs army units better. (if you have a save from the previous version that's in the middle of a tactical battle, it will give weird numbers, but that's just the stat display, everything will process normally)
Reworked the AI logic for when they go to resupply their army.
Added an option to disable scaled experience, for those that want the game to snowball heavily.
Units now have a significantly higher chance of escaping from surrendered units.
Added option that allows herms to use unbirth if it is enabled.
Monster armies will automatically gain exp if they have less than half as much exp as they would naturally spawn with.
Added a remove race button in the create strategic mode.
Newly added races in the create strategic screen will use your current "All" settings, you can still configure them normally afterwards
Units that have fled will always finish digesting prey by the end of the battle.
Holding left shift while recruiting a unit will recruit as many units as you are able to recruit from that village.
The mercenaries and monsters now ignore units in the top 10% of experience when they are scaling. (I.e. it scales based of a unit where 10% of the units that exist have more exp than it, and 90% have less). This way it scales similarly, but prevents a single character or couple of characters who have vastly more experience from throwing off the calculation.
If you turn off a monster race it will now immediately destroy all armies belonging to that race instead of just preventing them from acting.
Tooltips in the create strategic screen are now prevented from going off the edge of the screen. (except the bottom, but you can easily scroll to prevent that)
Unarmed dismissed units no longer count as garrison if there are no weapons available
Added a method to prevent flight capable units of random-walking on top of other units. We'll see if there are other ways they end up stacking. Also prevents players from using numpad to fly over friendly units, you have to use the mouse movement as originally intended. This is because the logic to determine if a unit can make it off of a stack to a unused tile gets ugly.
Leotards now use a similar belly color to the clothing color (using exact would be require a surprising amount of extra effort, and since leotards are the only piece of clothing that uses this system in the new sprites so far, I'm holding off for now), but should be significantly less noticable than before where it was almost a random color.
Pure tactical now displays the races correctly at the bottom of the screen for all of the secondary races and monsters. It also now displays the correct names in the tactical log for changed turns.
Fixed an issue where loading a game, and then exiting back to the main menu and starting a game would have messed up strategic pathfinding until the save was reloaded.
Fixed prey of prey putting their clothing/scat/bones at the location the unit was before it was eaten instead of at the current location of the top of the predator chain.
Fixed bug where a fled vagrant army would spawn with full movement points.
Fixed mercenary versions of the monsters spawning with normal weapons instead of their specific monster weapons, and made them unable to use normal items.
Fixed the lamia tail not looking right in some circumstances.
Fixed kangaroos not hiding their weapons when surrendered
Fixed a few places that were setting layers incorrectly
Fixed a few exceptions (going back to the main menu under certain circumstances, and one if you deselected an army while it was moving, one for monster turns or merc generation if there were only leaders on the map and no normal army units)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:12 am

Aurilika wrote:random part of the racial traits.

That means a bunch of new traits that a variety of races can get?

Also, what's the maximum level for strength? 25?

Furthermore, I feel like the loin cloth shouldn't hide the male parts(and thus the bigger balls from cock vore), also maybe tweak the hide clothes for the cock vore option, making it just hide the bottoms(and NOT activate if the boy parts are already uncovered, like with the slime regalia, I want to be able to see the bigger balls if, like, the pred is wearing panties or something, but my queen doesn't need to remove the WHOLE REGALIA for that, especially if they're already uncovered... >.> ).

And finally, I think the training function should have higher capacities than just 20 Exp, especially since the new default to level up is 30. Other wise, it's near useless at higher levels, and it'll give another TRUE use for gold.
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V16E

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:42 am

HOLY FUCK! THE AI KNOW HOW TO REPOPULATE VILLAGES!?! When'd that get added?!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Manchura » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:57 am

Turbotowns wrote:HOLY FUCK! THE AI KNOW HOW TO REPOPULATE VILLAGES!?! When'd that get added?!

as far as I know they have always been able to do that if they are forced to leave an army over the village, as armies over a village create villagers of their race if they are left on a abandon village tile for a turn
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:04 pm

Woah, that's a big update! I must play it if i have the chance to! :-D

Reworked the AI logic for when they go to resupply their army.

Well that would be much logical, since the AI won't just sacrifice themselves with only low groups of units who are injured. Or units that are eventually be overpowered by other much higher groups of units.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:09 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:random part of the racial traits.

That means a bunch of new traits that a variety of races can get?

Also, what's the maximum level for strength? 25?

Furthermore, I feel like the loin cloth shouldn't hide the male parts(and thus the bigger balls from cock vore), also maybe tweak the hide clothes for the cock vore option, making it just hide the bottoms(and NOT activate if the boy parts are already uncovered, like with the slime regalia, I want to be able to see the bigger balls if, like, the pred is wearing panties or something, but my queen doesn't need to remove the WHOLE REGALIA for that, especially if they're already uncovered... >.> ).

And finally, I think the training function should have higher capacities than just 20 Exp, especially since the new default to level up is 30. Other wise, it's near useless at higher levels, and it'll give another TRUE use for gold.

Yeah, the goal is to have random sets that are partially shared between the races, but different for each race, and then units spawn with one of them.
For the army strength listing on the strategic map? I think there are names for about 43, but the numbers go on basically forever.
I'll do some tweaking on the way that the hide clothes option works, and may also add options for training exp. The AI doesn't train yet, so that might tilt balance, but that might be okay.

Turbotowns wrote:HOLY FUCK! THE AI KNOW HOW TO REPOPULATE VILLAGES!?! When'd that get added?!

Only by accident through the option that was added some time back to have armies standing on a town breed into it.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby xmarkx » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Really like the direction this game is heading
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Persona59523 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:25 pm

sup, like how your game is coming along. However, the only way to see how the game play is though a youtuber named jonny ost and they can't show some things,( aka tits and cocks) due to youtube's rules. I was wondering if you could make this a boswer game if possible since the only computer I have is a laptop computer which can't run some programs due to limitations of the computer.
Persona59523
Participator

Postby Manchura » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:05 pm

why not have species traits that all of a species have, and then random traits that spawn with individual units, for example:

slime has gelatinous body as a species trait, but you but a unit and it has a random trait of nimble, which increases dodge chance and movement speed

or such a concept, so it does not feel like certain traits are far better then other and can screw over you or overpower your forces by having
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:28 pm

Manchura wrote:why not have species traits that all of a species have, and then random traits that spawn with individual units, for example:

slime has gelatinous body as a species trait, but you but a unit and it has a random trait of nimble, which increases dodge chance and movement speed

or such a concept, so it does not feel like certain traits are far better then other and can screw over you or overpower your forces by having

I think that was the plan. The random traits aren't REPLACING the race ones...
Turbotowns
???

Postby Manchura » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:55 pm

really? cause it sounds more like each race would have had a set of traits they can pick based on their species and randomly pick 2 or so from that list of race potential traits
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:54 pm

Manchura wrote:really? cause it sounds more like each race would have had a set of traits they can pick based on their species and randomly pick 2 or so from that list of race potential traits

Well, it wouldn't make sense that only SOME slimes are gelatinous, or only SOME crypters have a "metal body".
Turbotowns
???

Postby player1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:57 am

I like it how vore war evolved, i was always skeptical about it but the results looks nice. However..

are slimes broken in this game? i swear im on my fifth game and everytime the slimes are my final opponent.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lich1993 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:48 am

ok here's a bit of a stupid question and i mean really stupid,i can't seem to figure out how to play this game can someone help me ?
lich1993
Participator

Postby Absentia » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:25 pm

lich1993 wrote:ok here's a bit of a stupid question and i mean really stupid,i can't seem to figure out how to play this game can someone help me ?

Have you tried doing the tutorial?
Absentia
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game