Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V17A

Postby Grimbug » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Hey there another neat idea, anyway the capital city could have a special defense ability like arrow volley from a wall or maybe even leader giant growth attacks.
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Grimbug » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:08 pm

And while I'm thinking about it might be neat to be able to unbirth a unit and rebirth it as your race.
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jazzumness » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:15 pm

So are just gonna pretend the man eating cake monster that was added doesn't exist?
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:14 pm

I've noticed if you reduce the garrison size, it doesn't actually do anything. the garrison still grows out insane amounts past the cap.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:40 pm

GreenSlime wrote:For unique mercs, they're supposed to be singular, since they're actual characters. There will be more soon, with different strengths and talents. I guess there could be an option for unique mercs to return after some time when killed/eaten.

yes kill or eat...but try to keep it in army and no other can recrute one
also not by kick them out the party and them just leave and enter your city and you can hire them. by this you never have access to them unless conquer this town and hire it. it stay the same level in this way . like lvl 1-2 depents how long you keep it here. i mean serious , it need to be possible for each race to get one. single thingy is silly^^ at last when this mean you not know who have it....you then wonders "hmm is this a bug or did race x y z or A recrute it...and where it is? what army.

well i prefer to let each race have at last one own. its kinda like a hero .
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:57 pm

Really nice selicia unit, new fave and has properly sclaing bellies. wyvern's getting a tongue and tail animation and one slightly larger belly size is also alright. Sharks bellies scale well too now. A little curious as to the giant crystal looking sprite in selica's sheet. Did a flame attack not get implemented? also glad the ai doesn't use the derg unit cause wow it's powerful.

One complaint i have is new source file no longer has tacticalmessagelog.cs in assets/scripts/utility, and i can no longer find which file to edit to change and add on to the tactical kill feed messages, as i like to add more and make it a little darker and add more implied stuff.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:04 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:
GreenSlime wrote:For unique mercs, they're supposed to be singular, since they're actual characters. There will be more soon, with different strengths and talents. I guess there could be an option for unique mercs to return after some time when killed/eaten.

yes kill or eat...but try to keep it in army and no other can recrute one
also not by kick them out the party and them just leave and enter your city and you can hire them. by this you never have access to them unless conquer this town and hire it. it stay the same level in this way . like lvl 1-2 depents how long you keep it here. i mean serious , it need to be possible for each race to get one. single thingy is silly^^ at last when this mean you not know who have it....you then wonders "hmm is this a bug or did race x y z or A recrute it...and where it is? what army.

well i prefer to let each race have at last one own. its kinda like a hero .

It's meant to be a unit that gives an advantage in a sense of forcing the opposing armies to gain more strength before attempting to fight your army with a unique mercenary. If every race could have one that would defeat the purpose of it. Also as Greenslime mentioned before. It's a singular character. However, it's really not set in stone how the unique mercenaries will function. There's still room for tweaking things such as being able to rehire upon death.

Currently the AI do not make use of the mercenaries, so there's not much of a worry regarding being able to tell who has it and where it is. Although that is also kind of the advantage to obtaining it first. Being able to tell where the unique mercenary is makes it easy to counter it. It's really something that won't matter much until we can get the AI to use mercenaries.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:10 pm

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Really nice selicia unit, new fave and has properly sclaing bellies. wyvern's getting a tongue and tail animation and one slightly larger belly size is also alright. Sharks bellies scale well too now. A little curious as to the giant crystal looking sprite in selica's sheet. Did a flame attack not get implemented? also glad the ai doesn't use the derg unit cause wow it's powerful.

One complaint i have is new source file no longer has tacticalmessagelog.cs in assets/scripts/utility, and i can no longer find which file to edit to change and add on to the tactical kill feed messages, as i like to add more and make it a little darker and add more implied stuff.

That would be an ice breath attack Selicia is meant to have, but is currently on hold until later on when a solid magic system is in place. Right now it's in concept and planning so can't really give an estimate on that.

Also it's powerful because it's going to give a bit of a fear factor, while also providing a challenge to the player if the AI snatches her first. (When the AI properly uses mercenaries that is.)

The tactical message log is under Modes/Tactical btw.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Manchura » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:22 pm

hm, when you try to open store for a kangaroo the game implodes, probably because the game does not like the fact they can hold two gears now
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:26 pm

I just hope the mercenaries being enabled for ai is optional cause i don't want to deal with that kind of stress ^^;
and thanks for helping me find that.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Time for a new feature suggestion: the ability to select how many levels or a percentage of them that a leader loses on death. If you want to play a snowballing fashion game it's all well and good, but leaders coming back, and getting a few kills before dying lets them level up even during a death and defeat, as it seems to only remove like 1 level or 1 level of xp, not really harming them long term at all. So even if they just throw themselves at you and burn their leader constantly, a faction will gradually get it to higher and higher levels.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:59 pm

CadmiumMan wrote:Howdy,

So, I'm not sure if this has been addressed at any point before or been discussed long ago in the chat log (on account of only recently becoming aware of this wonderful piece of work), but I possibly came across a glitch/bug that, when you move a unit and then rapidly move another unit before the first finishes its movement, it results in the newly selected unit teleporting to where the previous unit was going and the first unit simply stopping a tile before the teleported unit.

It's a bit more complex than that, having tried to replicate it multiple times, with the actual end result depending on whether you interrupt the teleport by moving the new unit or how quickly the original unit moves. Nonetheless, there is something that shouldn't be happening. Also, I've only tried it with the Taurus.

I've been exploiting it, so I have mixed feelings about seeing it go, but it may be indicative of other possible problems.

That would probably happen with any race. It's supposed to be set up so you can't change units while a unit is in motion, but apparently it's not working quite right. Basically the movement is moving the selected unit tile by tile, but if you change units, that unit is the selected unit so it would move to the next tile. There's not really any sort of queue system in place, so only one unit is supposed to be able to move at once.

Jazzumness wrote:Not sure why but the color of the strategic army flags for the Taurus changed from brown to the kangaroo color

I probably forgot to add the extra color to the world settings screen, so if you went in there, it would probably change it when you leave. I'll fix that for the next patch.

Grimbug wrote:Hey there another neat idea, anyway the capital city could have a special defense ability like arrow volley from a wall or maybe even leader giant growth attacks.

Well, they already have extra garrison capacity, but I'm not against changing that out to some other benefit in the future.

Grimbug wrote:And while I'm thinking about it might be neat to be able to unbirth a unit and rebirth it as your race.

That gets into a little bit a tricky place balance wise, but some form of that will eventually be in.

NekoYuki wrote:I've noticed if you reduce the garrison size, it doesn't actually do anything. the garrison still grows out insane amounts past the cap.

I can't seem to reproduce that. Setting it to 0 seems to prevent any AI unit or player town from having any, with the exception of the capital, which has a garrison max of 8 higher than the limit because of the capital defense building.

Ger-Fox wrote:yes kill or eat...but try to keep it in army and no other can recrute one also not by kick them out the party and them just leave and enter your city and you can hire them. by this you never have access to them unless conquer this town and hire it. it stay the same level in this way . like lvl 1-2 depents how long you keep it here. i mean serious , it need to be possible for each race to get one. single thingy is silly^^ at last when this mean you not know who have it....you then wonders "hmm is this a bug or did race x y z or A recrute it...and where it is? what army.

That's actually an oversight. If you dismiss them outside of villages or they die, they become available again at the mercenary house, but I neglected to make that same thing happen if you dismiss them in a town. I'll fix that for the next patch. After it's fixed, they should either be able to be in an active army, or back with the mercenaries, and not hiding anywhere else.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:One complaint i have is new source file no longer has tacticalmessagelog.cs in assets/scripts/utility, and i can no longer find which file to edit to change and add on to the tactical kill feed messages, as i like to add more and make it a little darker and add more implied stuff.

I see that Dragonvorelover135 already answered you, but I'll just chime in. I did a bit of rearranging in an attempt to make the directories a little more logical. I had intended to put all of the text related things into Utility/Texts for easy reference, but apparently I neglected the tactical log. I don't really intend to move them around any more for the foreseeable future though.

Manchura wrote:hm, when you try to open store for a kangaroo the game implodes, probably because the game does not like the fact they can hold two gears now

If you start a new game they seem to work fine, this is probably a result of old data not being updated properly, I'll fix it for the next patch though. Were these kangaroos loaded from a previous version or is was it a new game for the current version? I have some ideas about possible causes for both cases so I'll go ahead and prepare for them both.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I just hope the mercenaries being enabled for ai is optional cause i don't want to deal with that kind of stress ^^;

It will almost certainly be optional, simply because some players will prefer it that way, or maybe they'll want all of the special mercenaries for themselves.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Time for a new feature suggestion: the ability to select how many levels or a percentage of them that a leader loses on death. If you want to play a snowballing fashion game it's all well and good, but leaders coming back, and getting a few kills before dying lets them level up even during a death and defeat, as it seems to only remove like 1 level or 1 level of xp, not really harming them long term at all. So even if they just throw themselves at you and burn their leader constantly, a faction will gradually get it to higher and higher levels.

Ah, that's a good idea, as it lets people adjust the leader balance to their own preferences. I'll stick it in.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 pm

Spotted a glitch with the new race, you can't change their mouths in the customisation menu when they're demi.
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

A little appreciation

Postby zombiese » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Thank you for the continual additions, bug fixes, and options in particular, allowing for more and more granular control over the play experience I think is a great property for games in general; for fetish stuff it is outstanding.
Last edited by zombiese on Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zombiese
Been posting for a bit

Postby Manchura » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:41 pm

I was a new game, I always delete and restart on new versions to make sure I am only reporting version specific bugs (even bug fixes)
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:45 pm

Aurilika wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:I just hope the mercenaries being enabled for ai is optional cause i don't want to deal with that kind of stress ^^;

... or maybe they'll want all of the special mercenaries for themselves.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Time for a new feature suggestion: the ability to select how many levels or a percentage of them that a leader loses on death. If you want to play a snowballing fashion game it's all well and good, but leaders coming back, and getting a few kills before dying lets them level up even during a death and defeat, as it seems to only remove like 1 level or 1 level of xp, not really harming them long term at all. So even if they just throw themselves at you and burn their leader constantly, a faction will gradually get it to higher and higher levels.

Ah, that's a good idea, as it lets people adjust the leader balance to their own preferences. I'll stick it in.

That's me yeah :P

Neato~
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:50 pm

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Spotted a glitch with the new race, you can't change their mouths in the customisation menu when they're demi.

Their mouth is tied to their eyes as kind of a whole face expression (I guess I should have renamed the eye type category as face type or face expression for them), and can only be changed in their more human version.

zombiese wrote:Thank you for the continual additions, bug fixes, and options in particular, allowing for more and more granular control over the play experience I think is a great property for games in general; for fetish stuff it is outstanding.

You're welcome, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Manchura wrote:I was a new game, I always delete and restart on new versions to make sure I am only reporting version specific bugs (even bug fixes)

Okay, I'll make sure I check it out thoroughly and find the cause. Edit : caught it, related to viewing the shop with a different race and then viewing it from kangas. I'll still check to make sure there's no other issues around.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:12 pm

Jazzumness wrote:So are just gonna pretend the man eating cake monster that was added doesn't exist?

What the fuck are you talking about? Where? In the mercenary camp(the only place it COULD be)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby CadmiumMan » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:12 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Jazzumness wrote:So are just gonna pretend the man eating cake monster that was added doesn't exist?

What the fuck are you talking about? Where? In the mercenary camp(the only place it COULD be)?

No need to be so hostile. It's in there, and not in the mercenary camp until you encounter it randomly as a wild spawn.
CadmiumMan
New to the forum

Postby Delennd » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:22 am

the different animations of the new hero unit was a great surprise. thanks to whoever though of it
Delennd
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game