Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V21E

Postby Aurilika » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:15 am

Turbotowns wrote:It also, fails to load for me saying something about Mono(I'm on Win10).

That's odd, both of the win versions seem to work. Did you note the different directory structure where the .exe is in the main directory instead of in a subdirectory? Apparently it might have been foolish for me to try to simplify it.

Randulf wrote:Did some more testing
Teams seem to not work entirely
I think it may be the new diplomacy system possibly messing with it

It was working at some point, I'll get it fixed. (As a side note there is a potential workaround for now, if you have diplomacy on when you enter the content menu and then turn it off and leave the screen, it's supposed to recreate all the links, and that seemed to work for the one test game I did.)

Phorcyz19 wrote:It's been over an hour, is it supposed to be still uploading?

There must have been an error in the upload, I uploaded it again, (updated the mac link in the first post)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Randulf » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:11 pm

also im not sure if I did this right but I devoured all the citizens in a village and moved a merc race or in this case monsters with feral wolves
the village was repopulated but it said it still contained the race I started with and not feral wolves
Also I could no longer recruit new units from that city
Randulf
Somewhat familiar

Postby jeveasy » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:37 pm

So I was going to suggest adding more/more varied flavor text but I just played the latest version coming from 21B and look at that more / more varied flavor text.
jeveasy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aurilika » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Randulf wrote:also im not sure if I did this right but I devoured all the citizens in a village and moved a merc race or in this case monsters with feral wolves
the village was repopulated but it said it still contained the race I started with and not feral wolves
Also I could no longer recruit new units from that city

The way it is currently set up is, if you dismiss a unit into an empty village it will be become that race, no matter what. If you have an army on a village and the village is populated by the extras in between turn, it creates it as your race for simplicity. (I suppose I could have it ask what race between your empire race and all the races in the army, but that seems a little bit unwieldly (though it could be done if people want it)). The not being able to recruit is probably just due to population. You can only recruit from a village that has more than 3 people in it.

jeveasy wrote:So I was going to suggest adding more/more varied flavor text but I just played the latest version coming from 21B and look at that more / more varied flavor text.

Yeah, there's a few more in there now, but there's also a truckload that should be in relatively soon.

21F Released.

Mostly to fix up a few bugs relating to allowing mercenary populated villages but also a fix for teams relating to monsters, and a few graphical things. I also modified my new deployment system to hopefully have it work for Macs without issue, but let me know if it doesn't.

21F:
Fixed some oddities related to imp leader clothing and clothes being hidden during cockvore
Fixed a bug that prevented you from properly recruiting units from a village that is a mercenary race. Also another unexpected bug related to that.
Monsters set to the same team as players now update properly for the diplomacy system. If diplomacy is turned off, the game periodically checks to make sure all links are based on teams.
Fixed a rare potential bug where leaders of empires that don't exist could spawn.
Tiger special clothing now hides shoes if the feet are furry.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V21F

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:15 am

Wait! So If I devour all the populace of one of my villages and have an army with JUST Succubi over it to repopulate, I could have a succubus village?!

Also... turns out when I was extracting the files for the last version, I missed the folder I have set up for it, and highlighted and dragged the folders into where they were SUPPOSE to be... but I missed the MonoBleedingEdge Folder... oops. so my game not working was entirely MY fault... goddammit, sorry. ^^;

Also, also... I altered my gender ratio, cause I was curious as to what the male bats looked like(and how their stats compared to the females), but even with it favoring male, in a pure tactical game of 32 bats v 32 bats, not ONE was male(Also, I can't change the gender manually in the unit editor, prompting my gender ratio alteration in the first place).(They also don't have a spawner yet in the editor. XD )(I also allied them with the harpies(cause they needed it) but it doesn't seem to have worked(probably the current issue with teams and the diplomacy system))

And finally, are the customizations saved where the options and content settings are? Or are they saved in the user data folder(methinks their in the latter)?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:29 am

A couple graphical bugs(well, one is a slew of issues with the strategic tiles(like the ice not melding with water, but rather snow, and treats the border as grass), and the other: when planning out army movement, the numbers are BEHIND the dots).

Also, it a tactical game loaded the non leader customization in place of the leader.
Turbotowns
???

Postby 4lphaBravo » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:35 am

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2P ... nuzwUw/pub Read this first.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qhu ... sp=sharing Then if you want, now do this link when you read the first one.
4lphaBravo
New to the forum

Postby SquishySofty » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:26 pm

You know what i was thinking when a unit moves around on a tile (During Tactical, or Strategic)? I was thinking it should be Footsteps sound for grounded units or wings flapping sounds for flying units. (Or mechanical sounds if there's such thing as a flying mech.) You know, giving more life of the game instead of silence when it comes to movement. :-D
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TershaSerou » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:31 pm

So there's no bat monster spawner for the world? Also I like how bats still flap their wings as a corpse.

Also I've noticed sometimes weakened units will have a scat digestion line though it's off for me.

"Tenes can feel Rhadine struggles getting weak, //kindly reminding them that if they fails to escape they's getting melted into turds."

Sometimes it'll say NPC_unit instead of the name.

Example: "Tenes knocks Penia onto the ground and swiftly shoves terrified prey's lower body up her ass. After a few contractions, NPC_unit leans over, carressing their own enormous belly."

That and I've said the lines exactly as they come. so the grammar errors exist there.
TershaSerou
New to the forum

Postby TershaSerou » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:01 pm

One more thing. I tried making a map, I found placing anything and turning on simple tiles will convert all within a 3 tile radius to the fancy tiles, you have to turn it off then back on to make it simple again. Towns and spawners seem to undo it though. Also editing around a bridge will remove it until you undo and redo simple tiles.
TershaSerou
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:57 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Wait! So If I devour all the populace of one of my villages and have an army with JUST Succubi over it to repopulate, I could have a succubus village?!

Also, also... I altered my gender ratio, cause I was curious as to what the male bats looked like(and how their stats compared to the females), but even with it favoring male, in a pure tactical game of 32 bats v 32 bats, not ONE was male(Also, I can't change the gender manually in the unit editor, prompting my gender ratio alteration in the first place).(They also don't have a spawner yet in the editor. XD )(I also allied them with the harpies(cause they needed it) but it doesn't seem to have worked(probably the current issue with teams and the diplomacy system))

And finally, are the customizations saved where the options and content settings are? Or are they saved in the user data folder(methinks their in the latter)?

There are only female bats, that's the way HS made them. Just think of them like the other gender-locked monsters, like compys.

Saved customizations are saved in the UserData folder (they are actually all contained within the customizations.cst file.) I've got a spawner added in this next patch.

Wait, was that after I thought I fixed it for 21F, or before that that the alliance wasn't working right?

Turbotowns wrote:A couple graphical bugs(well, one is a slew of issues with the strategic tiles(like the ice not melding with water, but rather snow, and treats the border as grass), and the other: when planning out army movement, the numbers are BEHIND the dots).

Also, it a tactical game loaded the non leader customization in place of the leader.

Yeah, the strategic tiles are a work in progress, but I figured people would rather have them part way than just using the old ones until they were completely done. I fixed up the layers for the movement dots.

It loaded a saved customization that wasn't a leader customization?

4lphaBravo wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSFivGeW523QEU30SnMkLTUOKXFquR4HPq8TT9D0o_ljNIqjtRGOX2ifEvvK1actvxAFFbYG7nuzwUw/pub Read this first.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qhu ... sp=sharing Then if you want, now do this link when you read the first one.

Looking forward to see what people come up with. By the way, the succubus can tail vore as well, you said it was only the lamia.

SilhouettiShine wrote:You know what i was thinking when a unit moves around on a tile (During Tactical, or Strategic)? I was thinking it should be Footsteps sound for grounded units or wings flapping sounds for flying units. (Or mechanical sounds if there's such thing as a flying mech.) You know, giving more life of the game instead of silence when it comes to movement. :-D

Would be interesting, some day, perhaps.

TershaSerou wrote:So there's no bat monster spawner for the world? Also I like how bats still flap their wings as a corpse.

Also I've noticed sometimes weakened units will have a scat digestion line though it's off for me.

"Tenes can feel Rhadine struggles getting weak, //kindly reminding them that if they fails to escape they's getting melted into turds."

Sometimes it'll say NPC_unit instead of the name.

Example: "Tenes knocks Penia onto the ground and swiftly shoves terrified prey's lower body up her ass. After a few contractions, NPC_unit leans over, carressing their own enormous belly."

That and I've said the lines exactly as they come. so the grammar errors exist there.

Added spawner and disabled flapping for dead bats. Also fixed all of the log errors you mentioned.

TershaSerou wrote:One more thing. I tried making a map, I found placing anything and turning on simple tiles will convert all within a 3 tile radius to the fancy tiles, you have to turn it off then back on to make it simple again. Towns and spawners seem to undo it though. Also editing around a bridge will remove it until you undo and redo simple tiles.

Okay, got that corrected for this next patch.

21G released:

This is very likely to be last minor patch for this version, unless something huge pops up. Going to be busy the rest of this week into the weekend with other things, and then I'll probably start working on V22.

21G:
Fixed the layers being incorrect for pathfinding nodes (they are supposed to display the number of additional turns but somehow the layers got mixed up)
Fixed some typos in the tactical log text
Bat spawners can now be placed in the map editor
Bat corpses no longer flap their wings
Placing tiles with the map editor on display simple tiles now places new tiles with simple mode appearance, instead of running the normal tile rules.
Fixed placing a tile on the map editor causing map objects within two tiles to temporarily disappear
Fixed a couple of exceptions.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Aurilika wrote:There are only female bats, that's the way HS made them. Just think of them like the other gender-locked monsters, like compys.

Then what's that about males in the species description?

Aurilika wrote:Wait, was that after I thought I fixed it for 21F, or before that that the alliance wasn't working right?

It was a recent version. I used the workaround you suggested(Disable the diplomacy then I re-enabled it). Wait... they are still attacking Harpies.

Aurilika wrote:It loaded a saved customization that wasn't a leader customization?

The slime queen loaded Amber(my "NORMAL" champion unit), not Ectoplasma(The ACTUAL leader).

Also, is there a strategic log? with the new diplomancy system, the ai can stop being enemies and the message goes by to fast(or I'm not even watching at the time), and being able to see what all happened after my last turn would be nice.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:57 am

Aurilika wrote:
TershaSerou wrote:Also I like how bats still flap their wings as a corpse.

...disabled flapping for dead bats.

You know that thing you liked? Well, we got rid of it. XD
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V21G

Postby TershaSerou » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:24 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:
TershaSerou wrote:Also I like how bats still flap their wings as a corpse.

...disabled flapping for dead bats.

You know that thing you liked? Well, we got rid of it. XD
Ha. Funny.

Also another scat line with scat turned off.

"Darkeye's gut rumbles ominously while telling Werner that she will enjoy shitting them out later."

And nother thing. I just noticed the prey nested within a wyvern in a dog was shifted from the dog's balls to his stomach when the wyvern was fully absorbed.
TershaSerou
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:17 pm

TershaSerou wrote:Ha. Funny.

I try. ;)

TershaSerou wrote:And nother thing. I just noticed the prey nested within a wyvern in a dog was shifted from the dog's balls to his stomach when the wyvern was fully absorbed.

Also, I noticed when prey escaped from a pred that was ALSO prey, they ended up the higher pred's stomach, even if the inner pred was in the balls, womb, or breasts.
Turbotowns
???

Postby carlj » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:44 pm

Well after trying out this new version here's what:

- I tried to eat Selicia with every race and monster and i love all the bulges especially the Lamia ones (although Kangaroos don't get anything), any change that we can get more unique belly bulges?

-There's a very strong exploit that i found using Bats (it can be just tied to flying units in general though), if you move on top of a unit and do any action it'll do the action and snap back in the last position it was grounded, which is fine and makes sense, except it doesn't actually use the MP, so i ended up mowing down 4-5 enemies without spending a single MP as long as i did the action on top of someone else's head. I don't know if it was posted about this exploit, but since i didn't see any fix in the patches for it i assumed not.

I think that's it for now, again you guys are doing an amazing job with this project, hopefully Centaurs are on the horizon.
carlj
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:55 pm

Turbotowns wrote:Then what's that about males in the species description?

It was a recent version. I used the workaround you suggested(Disable the diplomacy then I re-enabled it). Wait... they are still attacking Harpies.

The slime queen loaded Amber(my "NORMAL" champion unit), not Ectoplasma(The ACTUAL leader).

Also, is there a strategic log? with the new diplomancy system, the ai can stop being enemies and the message goes by to fast(or I'm not even watching at the time), and being able to see what all happened after my last turn would be nice.

HS agrees he made the description too open ended, so he's working on a plan for male bats.
Okay, I'll do some testing on teams with monsters and make sure any issues are ironed out.
So... it looks like there was a bug that got added somewhere along the way where it would randomly from all customizations instead of just the leader ones (due to leaders being able to use normal customizations but not vice versa)
There isn't much put into the strategic log, it tells you if an AI declares war on you at the beginning of your turn, but doesn't tell you about other changes. I'll add that, or at least make it optional.

TershaSerou wrote:Ha. Funny.

Also another scat line with scat turned off.

"Darkeye's gut rumbles ominously while telling Werner that she will enjoy shitting them out later."

And nother thing. I just noticed the prey nested within a wyvern in a dog was shifted from the dog's balls to his stomach when the wyvern was fully absorbed.

Sorry, wasn't sure if that was the sarcastic like or not, but I felt like it was kind of immersion breaking. if you really want it can be added back as an option pretty easily.

Fixed that line up, and I'll check into that bug for units changing prey location.
Turbotowns wrote:Also, I noticed when prey escaped from a pred that was ALSO prey, they ended up the higher pred's stomach, even if the inner pred was in the balls, womb, or breasts.

Will get that fixed.

carlj wrote:Well after trying out this new version here's what:

- I tried to eat Selicia with every race and monster and i love all the bulges especially the Lamia ones (although Kangaroos don't get anything), any change that we can get more unique belly bulges?

-There's a very strong exploit that i found using Bats (it can be just tied to flying units in general though), if you move on top of a unit and do any action it'll do the action and snap back in the last position it was grounded, which is fine and makes sense, except it doesn't actually use the MP, so i ended up mowing down 4-5 enemies without spending a single MP as long as i did the action on top of someone else's head. I don't know if it was posted about this exploit, but since i didn't see any fix in the patches for it i assumed not.

I think that's it for now, again you guys are doing an amazing job with this project, hopefully Centaurs are on the horizon.

Do you mean unique bulges for other units? That's certainly possible, especially when there are more big units.
Ah, I thought I had that in good shape, I'll check into it and get it fixed (I think I had it snap you back if you tried to select an attack type or opened the right click menu), but apparently it fails for the primary 3 actions.
Thank you! As far as the centaurs, I think GreenSlime still plans to work on them.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Phorcyz19 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:59 pm

The game tends to crash if I have a large number of empires in a single game
Phorcyz19
Participator

Postby SquishySofty » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:05 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote:The game tends to crash if I have a large number of empires in a single game

You mean... Literally every empire that's been put into one game? Because I've been playing with 7 - 8 empires, and it haven't crashed on me.

Edit: I actually tested it out myself, and it haven't crashed. Must be something on your Device's specs (Or some other fancy bugs that i haven't seen. Like the Unassigned Rogue Empire bug.)
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:37 pm

Phorcyz19 wrote:The game tends to crash if I have a large number of empires in a single game

SilhouettiShine wrote:

You mean... Literally every empire that's been put into one game? Because I've been playing with 7 - 8 empires, and it haven't crashed on me.

Edit: I actually tested it out myself, and it haven't crashed. Must be something on your Device's specs (Or some other fancy bugs that i haven't seen. Like the Unassigned Rogue Empire bug.)

Gurl please, I'VE been playing with EVERYTHING, and it's never once crashed(made a few exceptions but that was due to other stuff)!

How much RAM does your computer have? I have 8Gs. A lack of memory could be the issue.
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game