Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V38E

Postby xlurker » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:13 am

Aurilika wrote:So that like the herms wouldn't have breasts, but still have dicks, but still use the female sprites? There is a gender setting for that on units, but it would require manually doing that. I'm assuming you want females in your game as well, if you just wanted herms you could adjust the range for females and it would adjust herms too.

Thanks for getting back. Correct, the sprite for flat chested on herms looking more like the male chest while using the female sprite base was what I was requesting essentially. Currently the flat chest option for the female still shows some hint of breasts. I believe I was not conveying it terribly well, but that was what I was getting at in my original post.
xlurker
New to the forum

Re: Vore War V38F

Postby Waywardsnack » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:11 am

Is there a way to level up dismissed units in towns without hiring them again? If not could this feature be added in?
Waywardsnack
New to the forum

Postby TheEvilWithin » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:29 am

xlurker wrote:
Aurilika wrote:So that like the herms wouldn't have breasts, but still have dicks, but still use the female sprites? There is a gender setting for that on units, but it would require manually doing that. I'm assuming you want females in your game as well, if you just wanted herms you could adjust the range for females and it would adjust herms too.

Thanks for getting back. Correct, the sprite for flat chested on herms looking more like the male chest while using the female sprite base was what I was requesting essentially. Currently the flat chest option for the female still shows some hint of breasts. I believe I was not conveying it terribly well, but that was what I was getting at in my original post.

So you just want trans males.
TheEvilWithin
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonlord » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:48 am

Alright, I've noticed two persistent bugs. Only managed to get a picture of one as the other is a bit rare but has happened three times to me now.

The first bug is a visual bug with horse females as shown here. The shirts don't play nice with women. This has been in the last few updates.

The second is a bit more serious. Often times when a fight is close but I manage to win and force the computer to retreat, yet when I reach the results screen it states that I lost the fight and the city I was defending is owned by the enemy. It gets even weirder if I had an army parked in the city at the time. The army remains and can still recruit from the city as if it was still mine, but the second I step off the city and try to move back in I have to fight to reclaim the town. Not sure what's causing this, because even when there's still town guards left this still happens, so it's not a case of all the town guards being dead but not the defensive army.
Attachments
bugs.png
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby xlurker » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:05 pm

Souls6 wrote:So you just want trans males.

Well, I Imagine for other people it could be that. I suppose for me it's a teeny bit more simple. I just tend to like femboys. Might just be a byproduct of the furry thing.Not that I am demanding anything of course.
xlurker
New to the forum

Postby Trypticon » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:54 am

I'm sure it's been discussed before, but has anyone ever thought about taking a stab at rebalancing the combat? I love the vore aspect of this, but I wish the tactical combat was more enjoyable. I've got some ideas...
Trypticon
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:06 am

AssumedPseudonym wrote: There seems to be an off-by-one error in the wandering monster army generator. With the settings at having groups of 8-12, I regularly get enemy counts of 7 and have yet to see a group of 12.

Ah, looked into it and the minimum appeared to be correct (so I'm not sure how you got a 7 unless it lost one unit to battle), but the max was exclusive, so I fixed that so it works as it logically should. I.e. 8 min 12 max gives 8,9,10,11,12

xlurker wrote:

Okay, I attacked it with a solution that should give enough flexibility for everyone. I basically changed it from the breast slider affecting females and herms, both of them have their own slider, so that you can make herms more buxom, less buxom, or whatever you please.

Waywardsnack wrote:Is there a way to level up dismissed units in towns without hiring them again? If not could this feature be added in?

Well, they will automatically apply all of their waiting levelups when they are grabbed for a battle, so it shouldn't be an issue in most cases unless you have a very specific path you want them to take.

Dragonlord wrote:Alright, I've noticed two persistent bugs. Only managed to get a picture of one as the other is a bit rare but has happened three times to me now.

The first bug is a visual bug with horse females as shown here. The shirts don't play nice with women. This has been in the last few updates.

The second is a bit more serious. Often times when a fight is close but I manage to win and force the computer to retreat, yet when I reach the results screen it states that I lost the fight and the city I was defending is owned by the enemy. It gets even weirder if I had an army parked in the city at the time. The army remains and can still recruit from the city as if it was still mine, but the second I step off the city and try to move back in I have to fight to reclaim the town. Not sure what's causing this, because even when there's still town guards left this still happens, so it's not a case of all the town guards being dead but not the defensive army.

Will check into those issues, I think that's a clothing item that's supposed to be restricted or some other sprite error.

The second, I'll look into, but it would be easiest if you managed to have a save at the end of a battle where that bug happens, so I can look and see exactly what the cause is.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Dragonlord » Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:59 am

The second is a bit more serious. Often times when a fight is close but I manage to win and force the computer to retreat, yet when I reach the results screen it states that I lost the fight and the city I was defending is owned by the enemy. It gets even weirder if I had an army parked in the city at the time. The army remains and can still recruit from the city as if it was still mine, but the second I step off the city and try to move back in I have to fight to reclaim the town. Not sure what's causing this, because even when there's still town guards left this still happens, so it's not a case of all the town guards being dead but not the defensive army.[/quote]
Will check into those issues, I think that's a clothing item that's supposed to be restricted or some other sprite error.

The second, I'll look into, but it would be easiest if you managed to have a save at the end of a battle where that bug happens, so I can look and see exactly what the cause is.[/quote]

I do happen to have one where that happened the last turn or two, one where the fairies attacking my town was destroyed entirely with me still having eight surviving kobolds but they claimed my town anyways. Tell me how to send the save and I'll send it in.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:34 pm

Dragonlord wrote:I do happen to have one where that happened the last turn or two, one where the fairies attacking my town was destroyed entirely with me still having eight surviving kobolds but they claimed my town anyways. Tell me how to send the save and I'll send it in.

Well it would be better if you had one at the end of a battle where it happens, but I might be able to get something useful from that save. You can just pm it to me on Eka's, though I think you have to zip it first because only certain file types are allowed. (The save would be in the Userdata/saves subdirectory, or something like that)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby xlurker » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 pm

Aurilika wrote:Okay, I attacked it with a solution that should give enough flexibility for everyone. I basically changed it from the breast slider affecting females and herms, both of them have their own slider, so that you can make herms more buxom, less buxom, or whatever you please.

Ah, very thankful to hear of that, I appreciate that consideration personally. I hope that means the herm slider can also have the option to use the male chest or some other method to not have any breasts visible.
xlurker
New to the forum

Postby darc22005 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Just realized i was an idiot, downloaded the source, not the game =w='
GeneralGrey017
darc22005
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:13 pm

xlurker wrote:Ah, very thankful to hear of that, I appreciate that consideration personally. I hope that means the herm slider can also have the option to use the male chest or some other method to not have any breasts visible.

Well, the female and male bodies were designed differently, so having a female with literally no breasts would likely cause many sprite errors. Being able to just set their size to female 0 with this was the most realistic solution without a lot of extra work.

38G released, fixing a bunch of issues. There may still be some more issues that need to be corrected, but this clears up a lot of them.

38G:
Adjusted / Fixed the way monster armies spawned, this was unintended, but not really noticed until someone pointed it out. If you set an armies to spawn with min 8, max 12, it would spawn 8-11, instead of 8-12. Basically the high bound switched from exclusive to inclusive.
Added a separate breast size slider for Herms, so you can make females bigger and herms smaller, or whatever combination you want.
Summoned units now appear with a brief 'Summoned!' text overlaid on them, and also fixed that they would start with hit odds displayed when summoned by an ai.
Put in a fix that should stop units from being duplicated under rare circumstances.
The Herms can UB toggle should work again (I think it broke when the alternate genders were added and had effectively defaulted to on)
Fixed an issue with growth where if it was combined with instant absorption, it would effectively break the game.
Fixed an issue where the game could hang in certain conditions related to Great Escape units at the end of battle.
Fixed an oversight where a unit with pred gusher wouldn't properly force a gush on an unbirth prey through the kurotenko conversion.
Fixed a bug with how AI leaders picked stats in certain circumstances.
Fixed a bug with the AI targeting area of effect spells where they would calculate how many more enemies than allies it hits, discard ones that are even or worse (as intended), and then just pick the remaining target with the highest chance to hit, instead of the best ratio of allies to enemies. Also, they now don't consider enemy surrendered units as good targets in this calculation
Fixed a bug where the game ignored the visible corpses option and always made them visible.
Fixed a long running bug where Succubus had a fixed skin color, instead of a variety. (Bug was introduced in V32, but unnoticed until now)
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38G

Postby lokaps » Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:22 am

Hey, is there any way to make the growth buff last longer outside of battle? If not I get it, it's a super easy way to break the game either for a landslide victory or an inescapable defeat. I wanted to either give it to all units or make my race small or tiny and just give it to them, and I think either way could be interesting but so far I have a hard time getting it to carry over. Now very late game I totally still see this being fun, when you might have like 3 or 4 battles with your army when it isn't even your turn on the map, but a version where you could keep gains a little longer would make for a more fun early game I think. I haven't messed with it much yet, I might be off base here. But having potential giants on my side or the enemy's sounds cool.

Even if that's a no go, just want to say I appreciate what you've been doing here! This was already one of the best vore games and it's great you decided to add to it and help make it even better!
lokaps
Been posting for a bit

Postby GeisKhan » Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:35 pm

I've only started playing Vore War this month, so forgive me if this has been asked before in the previous 200 pages; Is there a way to choose to add more races as empires to a Strategic game than the 29 that are available to choose? There are so many more in the race editor and they sometimes show up as mercenaries, but you otherwise can't play as them.
Speaking of mercenaries, first game I got the event where you discover a corrupt enemy reagent is embezzling, got 1000 gold, hired a level 5 dragon for 500. Best investment ever.
If you can't choose certain races for balance, like with dragons (which are way stronger and bigger than "DRACO" and Eastern Dragons), is it possible to scale the cost of new units similar to how mercenary costs scale?
GeisKhan
Somewhat familiar

Postby HoneyCookie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:04 am

GeisKhan wrote:I've only started playing Vore War this month, so forgive me if this has been asked before in the previous 200 pages; Is there a way to choose to add more races as empires to a Strategic game than the 29 that are available to choose? There are so many more in the race editor and they sometimes show up as mercenaries, but you otherwise can't play as them.

R: No, you cant. But you can modify the game activating cheat menu, go to a army and change the race. You can per example modify the leader of harpy to a delicious succubus.
HoneyCookie
Been posting for a bit

Postby Anonymous111 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:13 am

HoneyCookie wrote:
GeisKhan wrote:I've only started playing Vore War this month, so forgive me if this has been asked before in the previous 200 pages; Is there a way to choose to add more races as empires to a Strategic game than the 29 that are available to choose? There are so many more in the race editor and they sometimes show up as mercenaries, but you otherwise can't play as them.

R: No, you cant. But you can modify the game activating cheat menu, go to a army and change the race. You can per example modify the leader of harpy to a delicious succubus.

you can also replace an empire in the cheat menu
Anonymous111
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue May 31, 2022 10:37 pm

lokaps wrote:Hey, is there any way to make the growth buff last longer outside of battle? If not I get it, it's a super easy way to break the game either for a landslide victory or an inescapable defeat. I wanted to either give it to all units or make my race small or tiny and just give it to them, and I think either way could be interesting but so far I have a hard time getting it to carry over. Now very late game I totally still see this being fun, when you might have like 3 or 4 battles with your army when it isn't even your turn on the map, but a version where you could keep gains a little longer would make for a more fun early game I think. I haven't messed with it much yet, I might be off base here. But having potential giants on my side or the enemy's sounds cool.

Even if that's a no go, just want to say I appreciate what you've been doing here! This was already one of the best vore games and it's great you decided to add to it and help make it even better!

That will probably get changed eventually, but it's not in this patch, Cattitude was planning to rework it a bit.

Thank you!

Some more bug and issue fixes, things should be in pretty good shape now, I think.

38H:
Fix for characters getting equipped with leader clothes instead of rags for Avians, Alraune and Merfolk
Fixed for the races in the strategic add race screen not having functioning tooltips (was effectively a side effect from some previous change that went unnoticed.)
Fixed an error in the strategic terrain calculation where it sometimes wouldn't calculate the upper right corner of terrain correctly. Note this is still weird if the terrain is complicated, but for example an island of snow in the middle of the ocean will no longer have a grass corner in the upper right.
Fixed a sprite error for goblins that could cause a placeholder sprite to display in certain situations.
The spell dropdowns in the race editor and unit editor now display tooltips explaining what spells are.
Fixed a rare issue where diplomacy was still calculated for knocked out empires.
Fixed an issue where the ui wouldn't correctly update the selected unit when you dismissed a unit in slot 0 of an army.
Fixed an issue where spells with an altered success rate wouldn't report their odds correctly in the right click menu.
Fixed an issue where leaders with the 'randomize appearance on death' flag would not gain or lose gender specific traits if they rolled a different sex.
Fixed some logic errors in the exp bar so that it now displays properly, instead of its previous state where it was either full or empty.
Fixed an issue where units with replacable, or eternal, would sometimes cause the battle to have the wrong winner if they died under certain specific conditions.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V38H

Postby ChaosStar0 » Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:00 am

Umm, Hi. I thought this might be fun and downloaded it. Did the tutorial. Went to Create Strategic, went to the Content Settings menu, and now I can't get out of it. I saved the settings and made them the default, but it said an Exception was made and now I can't get out.

Edit: I closed the game, but am still curious why I was stuck.

Edit 2: Here's what the Recentexeptions file says:
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :38H
ContentSettings.SetValues () (at <8e84545fe803468c91e6d1cfb96b1a0b>:0)
ContentSettings.ExitAndSave () (at <8e84545fe803468c91e6d1cfb96b1a0b>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edit 3: Okay, I went through the options again enabling a few at a time, and it seems to be in the Gender Options portion. Will continue to search for option that's causing the problem.

Edit 4: Found it. The Herms have Vaginas option is what's causing it.
ChaosStar0
New to the forum

Postby ChaosStar0 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:39 pm

If I want to change it so that each race pulls from a different list of names I'd do it like the armyNames does it, or is there a different way to do so?
ChaosStar0
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:33 pm

ChaosStar0 wrote:Umm, Hi. I thought this might be fun and downloaded it. Did the tutorial. Went to Create Strategic, went to the Content Settings menu, and now I can't get out of it. I saved the settings and made them the default, but it said an Exception was made and now I can't get out.

Edit: I closed the game, but am still curious why I was stuck.

Edit 2: Here's what the Recentexeptions file says:
Exception: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Version :38H
ContentSettings.SetValues () (at <8e84545fe803468c91e6d1cfb96b1a0b>:0)
ContentSettings.ExitAndSave () (at <8e84545fe803468c91e6d1cfb96b1a0b>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <780acbdfab1d441d95f18133007790cd>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <bd392c1132fe447fbb1adf74b58b3be5>:0)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edit 3: Okay, I went through the options again enabling a few at a time, and it seems to be in the Gender Options portion. Will continue to search for option that's causing the problem.

Edit 4: Found it. The Herms have Vaginas option is what's causing it.

Ah, something must have broken that, I'll try to put up a patch for it in the next few days.

ChaosStar0 wrote:If I want to change it so that each race pulls from a different list of names I'd do it like the armyNames does it, or is there a different way to do so?

There is a way, you can create a text file that has names for the specific race and gender for example malecats.txt, or femaledriders.txt . Monsters have neutral names so those would just be for example dragon.txt or feralbats.txt
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game