Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V09C

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:52 am

Aurilika wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:I would also say i kinda like the eating 16 units with one, instead of the old set of 4

Ah, I didn't know anyone had pushed past the 8 when the sprite stops updating. Good to know, perhaps I'll take a peek to see if I can stretch it any more without looking too silly.

Using the pure tactical, I fed 1 girl 100 once.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:30 am

Turbotowns wrote:
Aurilika wrote:
GramzonTheDragon wrote:I would also say i kinda like the eating 16 units with one, instead of the old set of 4

Ah, I didn't know anyone had pushed past the 8 when the sprite stops updating. Good to know, perhaps I'll take a peek to see if I can stretch it any more without looking too silly.

Using the pure tactical, I fed 1 girl 100 once.

well yes i've done that, but it's hard to get more than 12 or so in practice as some will digest at least partially during each turn required to gulp someone. and pure tactical isn't very fun or practical for me as it's just set and usually predetermined if it's not completely balanced.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kligor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 am

ALRIGHTY so I colored the legs to make them as a sorta. "They will always be this color" thing if thats ok or if you need any fixes like a new layer or something I can do that too.
https://imgur.com/a/KropZLF
The first pic is just what they look like on a body, I tried to make it look like they were sorta hovering.
Second is the bits. Wings and lower body are suppooooosssed to be the same color with the base orangish brown for the legs.
Again if you need a fix or any changes lemme know. Also weapons on their wing tips dont look too bad but that or having them just act as we said earlier works X3
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:50 am

Since eyes are now a separate layer, maybe make another update to them - move whites of the eyes on a separate layer so characters would have white sclera?
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby KuroTenko » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:19 am

GreenSlime wrote:I'm not too sure we need six weight categories differing by, like, a pixel. It's a bit of a headache to accomodate (especially if pants are concerned) and in actual gameplay doesn't show much. Probably just thin-normal-thicc is fine, if they're distinct. So something like sizes 0-2-4-6 in existing sheet.

That was my original thought, and then I went overboard :l . Had a bit too much fun interpolating. I do prefer more sizes for breasts though.

As for possible game bugs, I have noticed that the current sprites are drawn with hair over the breasts. I don't particularly mind, but it wasn't expected. Bellies are also drawn over all breast sizes, so I'm going to experiment and see if any belly/breast size combinations look weird.
KuroTenko
New to the forum

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:30 am

Kligor wrote:ALRIGHTY so I colored the legs to make them as a sorta. "They will always be this color" thing if thats ok or if you need any fixes like a new layer or something I can do that too.
The first pic is just what they look like on a body, I tried to make it look like they were sorta hovering.
Second is the bits. Wings and lower body are suppooooosssed to be the same color with the base orangish brown for the legs.
Again if you need a fix or any changes lemme know. Also weapons on their wing tips dont look too bad but that or having them just act as we said earlier works X3

There gonna be female harpies too?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Anesthetic » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:38 am

Aurilika wrote:
Anesthetic wrote:Aw man it would be great if breast size increased with number of Vores comitted by a unit.

Yeah, that will probably get mixed in to the weight gain option. If off you get to pick the size and it will be random as it is currently, if on, then it starts at the minimum and increases by vores.

Yee.
Anesthetic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:14 am

Kligor wrote:ALRIGHTY so I colored the legs to make them as a sorta. "They will always be this color" thing if thats ok or if you need any fixes like a new layer or something I can do that too.

Looks good, I should be able to get them in fairly easily.

GreenSlime wrote:Since eyes are now a separate layer, maybe make another update to them - move whites of the eyes on a separate layer so characters would have white sclera?

I'd like to do that, but I spent 20 minutes on it a while back and everything I tried to make looked worse than the current eyes, which is impressive, because the current eyes are even still effectively a lower resolution. If someone wants to supply better eye sprites I'd be happy to use them, I'd think it would be quick as they're not very many pixels.

KuroTenko wrote:As for possible game bugs, I have noticed that the current sprites are drawn with hair over the breasts. I don't particularly mind, but it wasn't expected.

This is probably just an oversight from having the hair without the breasts cut out from it to allow smaller breasts / males. I'll take a look at it and adjust the layers.

Turbotowns wrote:There gonna be female harpies too?

Yeah, all I have to do is add the breast layer and that basically makes them female. The base models are all effectively male/flat now.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Winny » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:07 am

Couple thoughts and ideas. Games called "Vore Wars" So how about some vore based stats?

Such as a Vorephile stat, could be based on how many times a character has been eaten, if eaten they last longer in the stomach. These characters enjoy being eaten and with a high tolerance to acids they last upwards of twice or three times longer, but this also means they get eaten a lot easier then those without high Vorephile stat. To offset this I think we could implement those that have eaten someone reduce the movement of a character to one tile and reduce how effective they are with weapons. Tactically getting these characters eaten can be effective in slowing or creating situations the rest of the army can gang up on the engorged character.

With both female, and now males being in the game could we get a mix of the two and implement herm/futa gender? Just idea to might as well cover all the aspects, this could also mean some fun clothing choices.

Have you thought about posting the code and maybe what your doing to make the game or maybe a github so other people could directly post what they are making to it so you can take them and add it together without them needing to post it in the forums?

Just couple of thoughts.
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kligor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Alrighty I didnt get much for ideas but this is the male hair I ended up making!
https://i.imgur.com/KS3k4EZ.png
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Winny wrote:Couple thoughts and ideas. Games called "Vore Wars" So how about some vore based stats?

Such as a Vorephile stat, could be based on how many times a character has been eaten, if eaten they last longer in the stomach. These characters enjoy being eaten and with a high tolerance to acids they last upwards of twice or three times longer, but this also means they get eaten a lot easier then those without high Vorephile stat. To offset this I think we could implement those that have eaten someone reduce the movement of a character to one tile and reduce how effective they are with weapons. Tactically getting these characters eaten can be effective in slowing or creating situations the rest of the army can gang up on the engorged character.

With both female, and now males being in the game could we get a mix of the two and implement herm/futa gender? Just idea to might as well cover all the aspects, this could also mean some fun clothing choices.

Have you thought about posting the code and maybe what your doing to make the game or maybe a github so other people could directly post what they are making to it so you can take them and add it together without them needing to post it in the forums?

Just couple of thoughts.

The vorephile stat might be interesting to add at some point, especially with the resistance. I'm not sure about having units that give major disadvantages to the units eating them, because then the strat would just be to kill them and never eat them unless they're the last ones alive.

herm would be pretty easily to implement with the sprites the way they are now, since the breasts and cocks are separate items. The hardest part would be how you choose the gender splits with them in there. Have one of those 3 way split triangles, or just have a slider of to make a percentage of all units into them?

I'll probably get around to posting the code in the next week or two.

Kligor wrote:Alrighty I didnt get much for ideas but this is the male hair I ended up making!
https://i.imgur.com/KS3k4EZ.png

Looks good. Well, my solution would be to make those 3 replace the 2 long hairs and the hair with bows in it for males. Though I'd probably let units pick from all of them in the customizer window.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GreenSlime » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:29 pm

So, because Photoshop decided to be a butt today, clothing sets i was working on (hero's armor, trunks and robe for lizards i have no idea how to actually include without gratuitious clipping) have perished, leaving only some assorted scraps. Press F to pay respects to the fallen heroes. They won't be hard to redraw, but i'm going to do it tomorrow, too angry and bummed out today. The good news is that I have saved one set in time. Shrine maiden set, in thin, normal and thicc variants, together with that swingy paper exorcism stick thing I forgot the name of. Could be a weapon for healer class, probably for foxes, they're usually cast as japanese stand-in. For this set I have included upper and lower parts separately so they would fit on different upper body/lower body combinations.

I also completed something else, on sheer rage alone. Meet the imp race. These little tricksters come from the hell/heck/shadow realm and are ready to make the world above their playground! Would there be a hero to put an end to their plans? Probably no, as this game has no heroes yet, but a big enough army should do the trick.

A bit on imp customization options and sprite differences, since I kinda went overboard there.

Eyes: There are several different types, some of them quite bizarre. I had plenty of fun drawing them, but sadly one of my favorite designs (just a huge maw for the entire face) is a big headache to iron out quirks of. I'll post it later in separate post and let Aurilika be the judge of whether it would work.

Breasts: Since shortstacks should be, well, stacked, I decided to omit the flat version. If you guys want it, i could add ones more authenic to a certain character i am ripping off without shame. A note that bigger breasts best should go into the layer above the belly but otherwise is fine too.

Hair: since imps have smaller head size standard hair and imp hair aren't compatible without tweaking. Nothing to say otherwise, it's pretty standard stuff.

Body pigmentation: no, it's not clothing layer, i'm adding clothing later when i'm done being angry. Body pigmentation is just a way to have two-toned bodies in the game (and it could fit other races too especially if there'll be a way to make races more furry), it goes on a layer above skin but below large breasts/clothing. This also is why imp skin tones should be lighter, for contrast between the unpigmented and pigmented body.

Weapons: since imps are smaller, they use their own sprites for weapons.

Belly: since imps are smaller, they only have 12 grades for bellies, as 13-16 look absurd and comical on them. 12 is already pushing "bowling ball with arms and legs" territory.

So, that's it. There are probably some alignment hiccups somewhere, but, eh, later. Now that my race is completed i can go back to making armor sets. Oh, right, if you guys want some costume/armor in the game, feel free to PM me the picture and i'll add them to my "to-do" list.
Attachments
miko.png
miko.png (17.78 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
imp.png
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm

We've got races incoming! XD

Also, did you see my opinion on the proposed weight gain? On how keeping it contained to individual battles would be pointless?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Kligor » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:37 pm

OH SHIT I forgot one more sprite needed
https://i.imgur.com/ad9ujnb.png
The town sprite + wall
I also included the tree as being brown but now that I look at it I kinda think it'd be best to keep it the same color as the team color.
Kligor
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:07 pm

GreenSlime wrote:So, because Photoshop decided to be a butt today, clothing sets i was working on (hero's armor, trunks and robe for lizards i have no idea how to actually include without gratuitious clipping) have perished, leaving only some assorted scraps. Press F to pay respects to the fallen heroes. They won't be hard to redraw, but i'm going to do it tomorrow, too angry and bummed out today. The good news is that I have saved one set in time. Shrine maiden set, in thin, normal and thicc variants, together with that swingy paper exorcism stick thing I forgot the name of. Could be a weapon for healer class, probably for foxes, they're usually cast as japanese stand-in. For this set I have included upper and lower parts separately so they would fit on different upper body/lower body combinations.

I also completed something else, on sheer rage alone. Meet the imp race. These little tricksters come from the hell/heck/shadow realm and are ready to make the world above their playground! Would there be a hero to put an end to their plans? Probably no, as this game has no heroes yet, but a big enough army should do the trick.

A bit on imp customization options and sprite differences, since I kinda went overboard there.

Eyes: There are several different types, some of them quite bizarre. I had plenty of fun drawing them, but sadly one of my favorite designs (just a huge maw for the entire face) is a big headache to iron out quirks of. I'll post it later in separate post and let Aurilika be the judge of whether it would work.

Breasts: Since shortstacks should be, well, stacked, I decided to omit the flat version. If you guys want it, i could add ones more authenic to a certain character i am ripping off without shame. A note that bigger breasts best should go into the layer above the belly but otherwise is fine too.

Hair: since imps have smaller head size standard hair and imp hair aren't compatible without tweaking. Nothing to say otherwise, it's pretty standard stuff.

Body pigmentation: no, it's not clothing layer, i'm adding clothing later when i'm done being angry. Body pigmentation is just a way to have two-toned bodies in the game (and it could fit other races too especially if there'll be a way to make races more furry), it goes on a layer above skin but below large breasts/clothing. This also is why imp skin tones should be lighter, for contrast between the unpigmented and pigmented body.

Weapons: since imps are smaller, they use their own sprites for weapons.

Belly: since imps are smaller, they only have 12 grades for bellies, as 13-16 look absurd and comical on them. 12 is already pushing "bowling ball with arms and legs" territory.

So, that's it. There are probably some alignment hiccups somewhere, but, eh, later. Now that my race is completed i can go back to making armor sets. Oh, right, if you guys want some costume/armor in the game, feel free to PM me the picture and i'll add them to my "to-do" list.

That is quite unfortunate about losing that progress. I know how that is. I almost lost some of my progress on the map editor because I was testing it and a button didn't work, I go to look and I had somehow deleted like 80 lines of code last night without causing any compile errors. I was trying to undo to check something but apparently my brain failed in the middle and didn't re-do. Thankfully I was saved by source control though. I like the shrine maiden outfits too, though now I need to find an excuse to use them.

The imps look well polished, I'm looking forward to getting them into the game. You've put my compound bow sprite to shame though. :lol:

As I've said before I'm definitely on board with more furriness. Body pigmentation should be simple, code wise.

Turbotowns wrote:We've got races incoming! XD

Also, did you see my opinion on the proposed weight gain? On how keeping it contained to individual battles would be pointless?

Yeah, I've got a temporary system up where it's just for the life of the character, every time they absorb someone, they go up a leg size and breast size.

Kligor wrote:OH SHIT I forgot one more sprite needed
https://i.imgur.com/ad9ujnb.png
The town sprite + wall
I also included the tree as being brown but now that I look at it I kinda think it'd be best to keep it the same color as the team color.

Looks good, I'm in the middle of implementing them and would probably have forgotten about the sprite until I made a game with them and had messed up icons.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Vore War V09D

Postby Aurilika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:56 pm

09D Released. Wasn't able to squeeze any of your new sprites in this one, Greenslime, but they should be in the next one. This one is pretty graphic / UX heavy, and gameplay light. My short list for the next one is sound, the chief/chieftess, Race specific stats, Better Hireing interface, and swing/arrow effects. Plus whatever comes up and new sprites.

I did forget to include that scylla and Harpies don't have weight gain in the weight gain tooltip.

Same deal as usual, if there's large issues with this patch, I'll pump out a patch tomorrow morning.

09D:
Added Scylla, Harpies. Trying to play a game with all 9 races is not particularly recommended, unless you don't mind scrambled start locations. I plan to take another pass at this, soon.
Added weight gain option that's fairly basic right now, it doesn't work for lizards or slimes, scylla, or harpies and increases leg and breast size for each target absorbed, up to its limit.
Added tooltips to the create strategic/tactical screens to better explain some things
Can now use a custom list of male/female names if desired, they are in the UserData folder in the game's directory that will be created when the game is first run.
Tweaked the order of layers to get them back where they're supposed to be
Can now save maps separately, and edit them from the main menu as well. You can choose a map to begin on in the strategic creation screen, and it will use the terrain and villages from that map.
Added a couple more save slots, since I'm doing better with save compatibility than I thought I would be doing.
Placing a village in the map editor will now automatically place fields around it. You can manually remove some of them if you wish, though.
Save games and Maps are now stored in the /UserData directory, for more convienient locating. Save games in the main folder should automatically relocate themselves to the appropriate place.
Fix for the AI trying to replenish armies at dead villages
Fix for the All empires in the create strategic window not working
Fix for me forgetting to add eye color to the customizer window. Eye colors now use their own list of colors instead of sharing hair colors (the solid black eyes did not look very good)
Fix for clothing being on the wrong layer and for lizard/slime bellies being the wrong color
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ouphe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:37 am

Would there be a way to display a kills/digests count on the character? Perhaps under the level and exp part of the stats?

BUG REPORT:
Save game doesn't seem to be working.
ouphe
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:44 am

I decided to try out the "Hire Specific", so I dismissed a random unit. But when I hit the button, all that happened is the screen darkened a bit... and now I have to reboot the game. XD

ouphe wrote:BUG REPORT:
Save game doesn't seem to be working.

Aye, Saving won't work, however the autosave DOES work, and when I transferred my save from the last version so that I could save my map design, both loading the save AND saving the map worked beautifully! Also when I DID load the autosave the weight gain seemed to get disabled.

In other news, after testing out the weight gain, with what little there is... It's not bad! A great start! ;)

Also... eh heh heh... the Scylla's tentacles should be their own color... maybe, looking up some scylla art, there ARE some that have their tentacles the same color as their human skin, and there are some with them differently colored.(First glance(with the skin tone), It looked a wee bit creepy, but it's immediately grown on me.)

And finally, being able to choose WHERE the map expands when we change it's size... XD
To the north is not very convenient for me, and I'm sure it won't be for others(if they design their maps the same way i do).
And... now I can't even scroll up past the initial (32x32) size! North or East...

...I hope I'm not coming off as too demanding, let me know if I need to ease up.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby GreenSlime » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 am

Oh, dang, right, I forgot.

Imptowns. I decided to experiment a bit with town colors, dunno if it'll work. If it works, though, I can do over the existing towns in this style.

As for names:
-Demongate
-Cinderpool
-Ashburn
-Hellbreath
-Stygia
-Blackden
-Gehenna
-Funtown
Attachments
imptown.png
imptown.png (1.01 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:15 am

Oh! One more thing! In a separate post as it's completely unrelated to gameplay(or even this game specifically)...

What's "UX heavy" mean? XD
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game