Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V17A

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 am

I think the scaling on resurrected leaders is a bit unfair my highest level unit is level 16 and the bunnies just got a level 22 leader in their city
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:42 am

Jazzumness wrote:I think the scaling on resurrected leaders is a bit unfair my highest level unit is level 16 and the bunnies just got a level 22 leader in their city

What scaling? They are the same exact unit that got dead just with reduced exp losing a level. If their leader is that high a level, then they probably was the sole survivor of an attack, and ate the corpses of their allies and enemies(assuming you have that enabled).

CadmiumMan wrote:
Turbotowns wrote:
Jazzumness wrote:So are just gonna pretend the man eating cake monster that was added doesn't exist?

What the fuck are you talking about? Where? In the mercenary camp(the only place it COULD be)?

No need to be so hostile. It's in there, and not in the mercenary camp until you encounter it randomly as a wild spawn.

Sorry, mate! Please don't mistake my vulgar confusion for hostility, I don't mean you any ill will, I just was flabbergasted by what you said. Furthermore, SINCE no one else mentioned it, I didn't know if you were trolling or not.
Last edited by Turbotowns on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:46 am

One of the cock sprites looks like it has 2 pairs of balls.
doubleball.PNG
doubleball.PNG (8.55 KiB) Viewed 1093 times
Turbotowns
???

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:40 am

a other bug
you can while fights controll all enemy

all who still have move points can be click and moved and controlled. even when a other unit move right now. a bit odd. still fun to "abuse"

example right now battle harpy vs bunny and i figure it out while the leader walked. i just random click somewhere and it try walk here,. then i test it with other unit and same. also for bunny.

ps: can here be a highlight color for lvl ups for stats? after open lvl up i want look at the stats mostly and check what of them i more need but the leader bonus color give me a hard time^^
Last edited by Ger-Fox on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Zond » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:58 am

it seems to her
not enough palm
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:48 am

Are crypters supposed to have balls? XD
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:02 am

Just found the cake. XD
They should also unlock in the mercenary camp after finding them...

Heeeeeey... Unlockable monsters/mercenaries? There's potential there.

And speaking of monsters, we should be able to tweak their army sizes like we can with the main race armies, cause at 32 they are barely a threat, more a nuisance.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Zond » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:26 am

it seems a friendly release
not working at least on cow girls: that is, I ate the one who swallowed my unit
my cow girl digested the enemy first and without any remorse then digested her ally (who was alive)
(switch, release ally on)
and the battle logs do not display data related to Vore
Sorry, I use translator >.<
Zond
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:55 pm

Absolutely loving the new picture-in-picture to track actions around the map. That helps me get two frames of reference for what unit is moving and where they're coming from.

The new remains offset feature is also amazing, perfectly conveying just how much havoc that one single superunit is causing.

Pretty excited to see genders added to the wyverns! Here's hoping they get a little dimorphism and although vore types in the future!

Awesome work mate, loving everything!!
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:10 pm

Estee wrote:Out of curiosity, do you have an endgoal for this project? At which point would you consider the game finished?

There's not really a specific end goal, but basically I plan on working on it until I don't feel like working on it anymore. There's still a decent amount of stuff I'd really like to get in.
Jazzumness wrote:I think the scaling on resurrected leaders is a bit unfair my highest level unit is level 16 and the bunnies just got a level 22 leader in their city

Resurrected leaders respawn at 1 level less than the level that they died at, there's no scaling involved. I will be putting in the requested feature to control how many levels they lose when they die though
Turbotowns wrote:One of the cock sprites looks like it has 2 pairs of balls.

Ah, I'll fix it.
Ger-Fox wrote:all who still have move points can be click and moved and controlled. even when a other unit move right now. a bit odd. still fun to "abuse"

Ah, you're not supposed to even be able to select enemy units so I'll look into that and fix it.

Ger-Fox wrote:ps: can here be a highlight color for lvl ups for stats? after open lvl up i want look at the stats mostly and check what of them i more need but the leader bonus color give me a hard time^^

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. Do you mean that each stat would have it's own unique color?

Zond wrote:not enough palm

Ah, I'll fix it.

Turbotowns wrote:Are crypters supposed to have balls? XD

No, that's an oversight, as they don't even really have a visible gender.

Turbotowns wrote:Just found the cake. XD
They should also unlock in the mercenary camp after finding them...

Heeeeeey... Unlockable monsters/mercenaries? There's potential there.

And speaking of monsters, we should be able to tweak their army sizes like we can with the main race armies, cause at 32 they are barely a threat, more a nuisance.

After you encounter them in a battle that you're watching or playing, you get the message, and then they permanently do appear in both the monsters panel and the mercenary panel (It's possible you might have to restart the game for them to appear in both places)

Monsters army size is tied to army sizes. They spawn with an army size of anywhere from half the size of the smallest army cap to 3/4ths the size of the largest army cap. So if all players had size 32 armies as their cap, monsters would spawn with between 16 and 24 units in their armies. If you think they are trivial you can always increase their scaling experience %. There may be a bug where they scale to empires that don't exist in the current game though, so I'll check into that.

Zond wrote:it seems a friendly release
not working at least on cow girls: that is, I ate the one who swallowed my unit
my cow girl digested the enemy first and without any remorse then digested her ally (who was alive)
(switch, release ally on)
and the battle logs do not display data related to Vore

I'll check into it and make sure that the friendly regurgitation is working correctly.
Do you mean the combat log isn't displaying vore information? It seems to display vore messages fine to me, so I'm not sure what's going on there. I'll look into it and see if I see any potential issues.

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:Absolutely loving the new picture-in-picture to track actions around the map. That helps me get two frames of reference for what unit is moving and where they're coming from.

The new remains offset feature is also amazing, perfectly conveying just how much havoc that one single superunit is causing.

Pretty excited to see genders added to the wyverns! Here's hoping they get a little dimorphism and although vore types in the future!

Awesome work mate, loving everything!!

Thank you! On the topic of the camera modes, they will be split into a separate tactical and strategic option in the next patch by request, so that things can be better adjusted to suit people's wants.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm

i not ask for unique color
i mean the leader give your color green because leader bonus. via lvl up you see all darker and like this the color numbers are hard to see sometimes^^ maybe let away the get all darker or a other highlight for the numbers with leader bonus?
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:51 pm

I can also support, friendly regurgitation is failing. the only time an ally escapes a friendly belly seems to be if they roll rng like escaping form an enemy and it doesn't say they were spat out because they were the same side. some good wolves and foxos are digesting in vain!

EDIT: Another suggestion, a different set of swallow messages for when 2 or more other prey are already in the stomach. Ideally it would take into account if the other prey are on the same team, in case of friendly vore, but even just messages such as "Aiva gulps down Myoko, squeezing her in next to the other prey in her belly." would be neat. give me another set of flavor text to customize/mess with and make funny/grim.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Not sure if this applies to all Taurus as I haven't checked but my tauren mercenaries are not gaining +1 to all stats each level like other races.
I also had a Taurus mercenary spawn with 0 speed.
Monsters spawn at the beginning of their turn but level up at the end, this can cause them to run level 1 units into armies and dying before they have a chance to level and be effective
Also for some reason the Taurus strategic view flags are changing to the kangaroo color
I also have not yet seen a cakes spawn in a mercenary camp even after restarting after seeing and fighting one
You are able to customize wyvern gender even though they don't have alt vore commands or sprites not sure if intended for future stuff
One more thing cakes are obviously stronger for their level but they are always spawning in armies too small to be effective usually in packs of 2 or 4
Last edited by Jazzumness on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Weirdly enough its actually only this once Taurus mercenary with 0 speed that is not gaining +1 stats each level.
Also he is level 17 and in all those levels has never been given a speed choice on level up. Not sure why this one dude is bugged other Taurus are behaving normally with stats
here is a image I took
https://ibb.co/qYd25Mm
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:i not ask for unique color
i mean the leader give your color green because leader bonus. via lvl up you see all darker and like this the color numbers are hard to see sometimes^^ maybe let away the get all darker or a other highlight for the numbers with leader bonus?

Okay, I'll make the green color there darker so there is better contrast.

GramzonTheDragon wrote:I can also support, friendly regurgitation is failing. the only time an ally escapes a friendly belly seems to be if they roll rng like escaping form an enemy and it doesn't say they were spat out because they were the same side. some good wolves and foxos are digesting in vain!

EDIT: Another suggestion, a different set of swallow messages for when 2 or more other prey are already in the stomach. Ideally it would take into account if the other prey are on the same team, in case of friendly vore, but even just messages such as "Aiva gulps down Myoko, squeezing her in next to the other prey in her belly." would be neat. give me another set of flavor text to customize/mess with and make funny/grim.

Okay, I did find the issue for friendly regurgitation and it will be fixed in the next patch. I accidentally left a line of code in there that shouldn't be there, and it was skipping the friendly regurgitation check. The combat log is continuing to be expanded but I'll throw your request in there.

Jazzumness wrote:Not sure if this applies to all Taurus as I haven't checked but my tauren mercenaries are not gaining +1 to all stats each level like other races.
I also had a Taurus mercenary spawn with 0 speed.
Monsters spawn at the beginning of their turn but level up at the end, this can cause them to run level 1 units into armies and dying before they have a chance to level and be effective
Also for some reason the Taurus strategic view flags are changing to the kangaroo color
I also have not yet seen a cakes spawn in a mercenary camp even after restarting after seeing and fighting one
One more thing cakes are obviously stronger for their level but they are always spawning in armies too small to be effective usually in packs of 2 or 4

I'll fix the monsters not applying their level ups right away. The taurus changing colors is a bug relating to me forgetting to add their color to the edit strategic screen, so they pick the highest color they can which is light yellow.
I'll increase the size of cake armies in the next patch. >.>

Jazzumness wrote:Weirdly enough its actually only this once Taurus mercenary with 0 speed that is not gaining +1 stats each level.
Also he is level 17 and in all those levels has never been given a speed choice on level up. Not sure why this one dude is bugged other Taurus are behaving normally with stats

Can you send me a saved game of it so I can see if I can figure out what went wrong? Edit : I'm pretty sure I found the cause and fixed it for the next version. My guess would be this merc came with shoes and you sold them and bugs related to that.
Last edited by Aurilika on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ger-Fox » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:46 pm

darker? you mean....the opposite? XD its far to dark after the screen get dark by lvl up menue . you need make it bright / or remove that it get dark while lvl up^^ ....darker...XD i have now already problems by read it sometimes :P
Ger-Fox
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Ger-Fox wrote:darker? you mean....the opposite? XD its far to dark after the screen get dark by lvl up menue . you need make it bright / or remove that it get dark while lvl up^^ ....darker...XD i have now already problems by read it sometimes :P

Oh, I thought you were having trouble reading it because of the color contrast so I made it closer to the normal font color. Okay, I understand now. Will make it more visible.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jazzumness » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:01 pm

So I encountered the skip battle bug again but this time the game didn't freeze because of the fix that was added but instead it just skipped ahead to turn 2000 and just kept going from there.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m26t6r1l8 ... e.sav/file here is the fight it happened on
Jazzumness
Somewhat familiar

Postby Flame_Valxsarion » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:38 pm

Couple of bugs related to wyverns.

Encountered an exception message when I tried to save a customization for a wyvern merc, it also wouldn't actually save the customization so I could load it later. I only noticed it with the wyverns specifically. Now I'm only getting the message when hitting the load custom button

I also noticed that a lot of the colors they had before have been removed? There were quite a few lighter colors that I was particularly fond of that are missing, now all the colors seem to be aggressively saturated.

I noticed their horns are appearing on the front of their face instead of behind their head. Is that intentional?.
Flame_Valxsarion
Participator

Postby Aurilika » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:11 am

Jazzumness wrote:So I encountered the skip battle bug again but this time the game didn't freeze because of the fix that was added but instead it just skipped ahead to turn 2000 and just kept going from there.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m26t6r1l8 ... e.sav/file here is the fight it happened on

I set up a repeating test that loaded the save game 50 times and wasn't able to get the bug to recur. If it happens again save the game after the skip on turn 2000.

Flame_Valxsarion wrote:Couple of bugs related to wyverns.

Encountered an exception message when I tried to save a customization for a wyvern merc, it also wouldn't actually save the customization so I could load it later. I only noticed it with the wyverns specifically. Now I'm only getting the message when hitting the load custom button

I also noticed that a lot of the colors they had before have been removed? There were quite a few lighter colors that I was particularly fond of that are missing, now all the colors seem to be aggressively saturated.

I noticed their horns are appearing on the front of their face instead of behind their head. Is that intentional?.

Fixed the exceptions, I think the horns were a bug and fixed those. The colors, HS sort of changed around when he added the new sprites and set up the names that are sometimes based on color for them.

While I was not able to get all of the suggested changes today, I fixed enough of them and got rid of a few exceptions so I figured it was worth another release.

17B:
It now displays the current base stat and the new base stat on level up buttons for quick reference.
Gender is now changed through a dropdown rather than the old unintuitive + to change to the next gender.
Fixed wyvern causing an exception if they were in the saved customizations.
Fixed another bug where the harpies (or anything with flight) could occasionally stack on the same tile. Hopefully that was the last one.
Fixed bugs involving changing units during movement or being able to give orders to AI units.
Cow fluff is now disabled when the fluff is disabled.
Fixed it so that dismissed special mercenaries always return to the mercenary house. (There were some situations where they would stay with your empire when dismissed)
Added option to disable the white trunked trees that can be distracting (simple forests)
Fixed bug where mercenaries would start with equipment and not receive the bonuses from that equipment.
Fixed bug where accessories that were transfered from the army inventory would not raise your stats, but would still remove them when removed.
Selicia's visual size has been adjusted to the intended level (it's 50% bigger)
Fixed monsters not immediately spending their levels on spawn.
Split the follow/pip cameras into two separate ones, one for tactical, and one for strategic.
Fix for friendly regurgitation not working correctly (a misplaced line of code was skipping it entirely )
Fixed crypter balls from existing
Fixed the non-furry Taurus's arm missing in the polearm sprite.
Fixed brown not being selectable in the edit empire screen, which would cause the Taurus empire to become yellow instead of brown if you saved and exited from that screen.
Fixed some units having 4 balls.
Fixed a bug where if you viewed the shop for a race besides kangaroos and then viewed kangaroo's shop, it would throw an exception.
Wyvern can now ub/cv.

Edit.. Gah, Well, I added the simple forest option, but the option is invisible...It'll be visible in the next patch.
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game