Vore War V39

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War V16D

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:50 am

Well at least i still won that game, throwing the leader at the sharks repeatedly with some meat shield distractions eventually picked the sharks off one at a time, haha, then mercenary camp to save the day.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MasterInventor » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:43 am

Alright, so I messed around with this new version for a bit.

Bug Reports:

In the Add Races screen, trait explanation popups can clip off the screen and become illegible

The Basic strategic AI (at least, maybe some of the other types as well?) cannot path around bodies of water, instead just keeping their army parked next to the lake or w/e and passing their turn

AFAIK the strategic AI, both Basic and Advanced, cannot into proper garrisons, instead often only having a couple soldiers defending a village. The rule of thumb seems to be 1 garrison = 0-2 soldier characters. The version 15 AI, which Basic is supposedly identical to and Advanced almost so, always had a full garrison in my experience. (It's possible this isn't a bug, but instead a change in the AI code to get it to allocate less money to garrisons and more to buildings and armies. In this case, the description of the basic AI as identical to the AI of the previous versison is technically incorrect.)

The All setting (in the Empires Tab of the Create Strategic screen) doesn't work properly when adding new races - i.e. new races aren't automatically set to match the All setting when you add them, instead apparently using some default setting.
- Changing the All setting DOES correctly change all currently extant races to the setting you chose

Unless I'm mistaken, the bug where the battle end Stats Screen displays eaten surrendered allies as still alive has been fixed, meaning the text explaining the bug in the Content Settings (for Eat Surrendered Allies) is incorrect.

The skull effect (on digestion death, from the Other Appearance Options section of the content settings) is now on a layer below the unit sprites, making it almost always invisible and/or hard to see, and therefore useless in most circumstances. I'm not sure, but I think the skull effect should probably be on the top layer?

AI Harpies can sometimes end their tactical turn on top of obstacles, including other Harpies.

Cum puddles - and presumably other forms of disposal, I'm afraid I'm not going to test that - will occasionally show up on tiles bordering Harpies instead of the tile they're standing on.

Future Feature Suggestions:

An Oral Vore checkbox in the Gameplay Options section of the Content Settings (that works the same way as the boxes for the other types). Sometimes you just don't want oral vore, and other times you get the idea to brute force a specific type of vore that you want to see (that isn't oral) by disallowing all the others, only to realize that you can't. :(

A Remove Races option in the Empires Tab of the Create Strategic screen, so that the player can remove races in a more intuitive manner than zeroing out their villages. This simultaneously greatly reduces clutter in the Create Strategic screen of an indecisive player.

Some flavor text in the battle end Stats Screen that says what kind of victory or defeat it was for each side, like in the Total War games (Crushing Defeat / Decisive Defeat / Close Defeat / Pyrrhic Victory / Close Victory / Decisive Victory / Heroic Victory)

An option to have the camera track the currently moving unit during the AI turn, both tactical and strategic. This would make it so much easier for me to see what's going on DX

An option to skip monster v monster battles specifically.

An optional popup notification (with accompanying camera zoom) whenever someone captures a village

A checkbox in the tactical Options menu called the "Anti-XCOM Button". The Anti-XCOM Button gives everyone a flat increase to hit chance, meaning you don't have to sit there and watch them miss everything forever.

A Happiness stat for villages. Villages would have a base Happiness that can be increased by buying certain buildings or having an army in the village. Villages of another race in your empire have a lower base Happiness. Happiness would be lowered by tracked maluses that slowly shrink and eventually disappear over the course of several turns. Village tax income would be affected by Happiness - the happier you are, the more taxes you pay, but the more angry you are, the less you pay, even and especially less than is paid normally right now.
- Things that would generate maluses: eating villagers, conquering the village, killing people of their race (for villages not of your race), having monsters in the area for a few turns, etc.
- If a village not of your race becomes angry enough, they might rebel against you and try to flip back to their original faction (or resurrect their original faction if it's gone)
- If a village of your base race becomes angry enough, they might rebel against you and try to replace your faction leader with a new leader from their village.
- Should they also try to move the capitol to their own village while they're at it?
- Happiness would do nothing in a village with a population of 0 no matter how "angry" that particular ghost town is at you, and when a village is initially repopulated any remaining maluses should probably be removed (the new settlers wouldn't know anything about that)
MasterInventor
Been posting for a bit

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:01 am

An ability to choose what outfit(s) the garrison picks would be cool.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:04 am

Okay... I disabled monsters... but their armies are still on the map, they just never take a turn. XD

And the AI still doesn't prioritize resupply.

Also... how does the base stomach size works? Like the OG races have a base stomach size of 15, does that mean even at stomach 10, they can eat a size 15 creature? Cause doing the math, a Bunny with 15 in stomach ate a vagrant(8) that had another bunny in it(10), and both are "digesting", not yet being sbsorbed, meaning both are still their full size.
Turbotowns
???

Re: Vore War V16B

Postby Pawz » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:54 am

Aurilika wrote:Added option to have leader customizations randomly picked from the list of saved customizations. Useful if you want to customize how leaders look for races you aren't playing. Also uses the customization's saved name as well.

Love that setting, thanks!
Pawz
Somewhat familiar

Re: Vore War V16B

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:57 am

It seems corpse voring is still slightly borked...

Pawz wrote:
Aurilika wrote:Added option to have leader customizations randomly picked from the list of saved customizations. Useful if you want to customize how leaders look for races you aren't playing. Also uses the customization's saved name as well.

Love that setting, thanks!

Your welcome, it was one of my suggestions. Still waiting on the one for create strategic. Also, speaking of my suggestions about the leaders... does anyone else use the "leader names starts with vowel" external flag?
Turbotowns
???

Postby Suhayll » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:50 am

Really love how this game is evolving. Heck, I'm excited for every update ! n.=.n
Especially those that add new monsters.

Thought I'd share an idea if that's alright.
Goldmines, basically a capture tile on the map that increases income to the owner by a set amount. Would give the map more points of interests.
Suhayll
New to the forum

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:11 am

Suhayll wrote:Really love how this game is evolving. Heck, I'm excited for every update ! n.=.n

Goldmines, basically a capture tile on the map that increases income to the owner by a set amount. Would give the map more points of interests.

Well good news for you is that it's already in the roadmap! c:
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Suhayll » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:12 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Suhayll wrote:Really love how this game is evolving. Heck, I'm excited for every update ! n.=.n

Well good news for you is that it's already in the roadmap! c:

Yay~ <3
Suhayll
New to the forum

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:16 am

Watch out, troublemakers, there's a new sheriff in town...
Attachments
yeehaw.png
yeehaw.png (5.82 KiB) Viewed 1227 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby SubZero156 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am

GreenSlime wrote:Watch out, troublemakers, there's a new sheriff in town...

oh its high nooon
Attachments
recentexceptions.txt
i found a bug
(19.87 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
SubZero156
Participator

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:49 am

The disposal option appearing off the tile of the predator is related to voreception and is a long-standing issue. When a full unit is eaten, if they finish absorbing one or more prey they generate their disposal sprite on the tile they were on before they were eaten.

Not a big fan of the happiness suggestion considering it just puts even more pressure on hotly contested villages and makes it harder to defend yourself, especially when captured garrisons switch sides.

Also, consider shifting the scat sprite to the bottom edge of the tile like the bone sprites: units don’t tend to move once everyone is absorbing so you can’t really see it. Also really looking forward to the ability to customize killdeer messages and sound effects.

EDIT: in regards to the silly young wyverns, after 4 complete absorptions i think it would be fun for them to grow up into adults, otherwise they always die after a few battle due to how frail they are, which seems really counter intuitive to bringing your young-ling to a ****ing battle, and considering they are getting massive guts if they multiprey. just replace them with a wyvern with the same color options picked out, but stats rerolled at the current xp level of the young boi.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CalamityWatermelon » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:25 pm

I just stumbled across this and did a little bit of thinking after some reading. (Mainly to find a sprite sheet to see if I could mess with the game a tad, then figured out it was bundled in the source code.)

Someone mentioned the option of being able to eat allies if they are hurt or whatever and healing them. I'm not so sure that should be a feature, so much as a method of protecting them in battle by using a stronger ally as a literal meat shield.

Which would likely disable the normal vore options for enemies or at least that type. (Depending on how hard it is all to code.)

Traits of course could mess with how that all functions as well. Like an entity having their defense less affected by an ally in them or other things.

Though the idea of being able to heal allies could be based off of the other vore types. Such as breast, cock, and etc.

After digestion the predator should be able to 'share' or give absorption ticks to other creatures via an alternate option. Like 'Suckle' or whatever.

Then as a counter then one could make the stomach vore type a little more dangerous or faster.

Which when and if random traits are a thing, it could make things pretty interesting getting characters predisposed to certain types and whatnot. Then again, not everyone enjoys alternate types, so that could be a bit limiting and/or unfair.

Granted, I don't know the code of the game. So all that might be a tall suggestion for little payoff.

Regardless, good stuff. Keep on, but don't burn yourself out.
Ok, toaster, shotgun shells, ...errr... laser disk. Everything I need!
CalamityWatermelon
New to the forum

Postby Manchura » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:13 pm

honestly I think that if we are gonna get an ally heal, it should be items or if you have BV on, anyone who uses belly rub on a digestion BV will gain some health back from it at a cost that the digester will not be able to heal
Manchura
Somewhat familiar

Postby Turbotowns » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:57 pm

Kinda wish my slime's had more clothing options, like a Bra and panties(they could look rubber or whatever material raincoats are made out of if your concerned with the whole... "wet slime" thing). >.>
Turbotowns
???

Postby Delt » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:26 pm

it'd be good if you could set monsters to teams so the potential of having 5 separate monster factions isn't wasted by them fighting each other.
Delt
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:56 pm

(Tested in Version 16D)
Okay, i think i found one bug that i finally found and replicated it, and it existed ever since Version 14 and over. Good thing no one except me spotted it.
So there's this one Kangaroo village have been taken over by one of the Foxes. And there's this single lone garrison that the foxes haven't touched in that said Kangaroo Village. When the Kangaroo invaded the village that the Foxes captured, it's a ghost town; nobody was there except the attacker. Ending a single turn would zip straight to the result screen, saying that there's still that lone garrison in that map, but wasn't presented in that said map.

I think it's because that said lone garrison doesn't have a weapon. Because i did replicated it by dismissing one of my troop in the village without a weapon.
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Why don't the lizards have access to the normal bikini top anymore? I can see their fancy nice village clothing, and can get a bikini bottom for them, but not a top bra style garment to show off their chests without showing the -female presenting nipples- i don't want to see. the leotard, belt, and latex top just aren't the same as a nice form fitting bra.
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:37 pm

SilhouettiShine wrote:(Tested in Version 16D)
Okay, i think i found one bug that i finally found and replicated it, and it existed ever since Version 14 and over. Good thing no one except me spotted it.
So there's this one Kangaroo village have been taken over by one of the Foxes. And there's this single lone garrison that the foxes haven't touched in that said Kangaroo Village. When the Kangaroo invaded the village that the Foxes captured, it's a ghost town; nobody was there except the attacker. Ending a single turn would zip straight to the result screen, saying that there's still that lone garrison in that map, but wasn't presented in that said map.

I think it's because that said lone garrison doesn't have a weapon. Because i did replicated it by dismissing one of my troop in the village without a weapon.

It's just like the ghost Lamia! XD

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Why don't the lizards have access to the normal bikini top anymore? I can see their fancy nice village clothing, and can get a bikini bottom for them, but not a top bra style garment to show off their chests without showing the -female presenting nipples- i don't want to see. the leotard, belt, and latex top just aren't the same as a nice form fitting bra.

^ This! Absolutely agreed!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:41 pm

PAGE 100!

Also, once you've got it programmed that map tiles can interact with each other(like the lava tiles putting that trim onto adjacent tiles), might I suggest a ledge tile? It looks like a regular plain, except that it has a ledge graphic connecting to any hill tiles! You can enter the ledge tile from a hill tile, but you CAN'T enter the hill tile from the ledge tile, creating a one way path! It'll create a LOT more creative potential with maps.
Turbotowns
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game